Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:33:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use diversification?  (Read 4328 times)
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:47:17 PM

In my opinion, diversification of the funds is a good idea on the cryptocurrency market and I am using it as well, but currently it might be better to hold only Bitcoin and stablecoins as they are the strongest coins during the current market conditions.
May be so. The diversification process as a whole may seem very difficult to us, but it turns out that in such a situation it can help us greatly reduce our deposits, because this process has a lot of risks in general, like all cryptocurrency.
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 04:01:11 PM

I like diversification in the crypto world and I think it is important to have more than just one coin. Investing in more coins brings you more chances to make a great profit.

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
Ambers

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:03:11 PM

Due to the fact that I do not have such a large deposit size and it is not calculated as a sum with six zeros - I am not a supporter of diversification to such a strong degree that it might worry me too much. Of course, I use reasonable diversification, but I can well afford to invest most of my money in any one project. As I did in the case of the project Etheera. I think this is an ideal investment that can bring me multiple profits in a short time.
Gasolindance

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

yamzu

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:08:39 PM

So, I think that it is very useful thing, if you had good price of your coins at wallet. Now, I don't need so high diversification for my wallet because so less money in there.

JayCue

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 04:16:48 PM

I prefer diversification than investing in just one asset. I could see it more profitable so I'm on it. You don't really have to worry if one asset is down because sometimes the other one is up.

⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
TusharMali99

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:46:09 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

Diversification of your portfolio is always beneficial as it is wisely said "Never put all your eggs in one basket". You should divide your portfolio and buy coins having strong projects.
hardhardy

Activity: 59
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:50:13 PM

In my opinion, diversification of the funds is a good idea on the cryptocurrency market and I am using it as well, but currently it might be better to hold only Bitcoin and stablecoins as they are the strongest coins during the current market conditions.
Of course it is a great idea.
No matter how confident you are in a project, everything can fall apart due to a bad actor. Look at how faketoshi destroyed both BTC and BCH in terms of price.
You can never be 100% sure of a project success, unless you're personally involved.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:42:09 PM

If you see that current experience is certainly a very appropriate step is to sell assets that have experienced very high growth and after sales, we can buy several altcoins at low prices or we wait for the price of tokens we have sold to decline due to new altcoins, of course you will not get a high price with a long duration.
virtual_miner

Activity: 475

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 08:25:56 PM

It is up to each person's investment allocation. For me to split the investment, one is to hold the project that I find it has a good future. Secondly, the altcoin is likely to increase in a short time about a month back based on the technical analysis that I found.
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 08:53:16 PM

You can never be too sure of anything in this industry hence diversification is one way to stay ahead and actually stand a good chance of being on profits. Spreading your investment across multiple choices will mean that there is a greater chance of succeeding than just lumping all your money in one token that may fail and leave you with absolutely nothing. It is always a great strategy to leave bulk of your investments in btc because it is the most stable coin and usually, has greater chances of increment compared to other coins. You can then spread your other funds across multiple projects with good potentials. If you one fails, it is very possible to recover from the next.
Esterklu

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 08:58:30 PM

I always use diversification, because everything could happen with project and even if it seems strong enough today. Never put eggs in one basket, it is rule.
pleci

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 09:23:17 PM

It is up to each person's investment allocation. For me to split the investment, one is to hold the project that I find it has a good future. Secondly, the altcoin is likely to increase in a short time about a month back based on the technical analysis that I found.
I agree with your opinion, for us we must have 1 quality coin and have a good future for the long term. and we must invest more than 1 coin to get a reserve opportunity if other coins are low in price. just as we farm to plant many and varied seeds to anticipate if one day fails on the other side there is an opinion, basically it must be balanced in investing.
Ellionise

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 09:50:28 PM

I think of course diversification is now used only by experienced traders, beginners I think do not use the rules of investment , but of course I use the diversification and definitely without it will not be able to earn a lot of money

VECAP ▬ next generation of smart home
https://vecap.io/
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 09:59:16 PM

I will always go for diversification than rather investing all my tokens in one portfolio.  You will never know the potential of a coin,  so there is no need investing all your resources in only one coin,  you will never know what will happen.

high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:08:14 PM

Of course. This is the number one rule when investing your money. You can never invest all your money in one project. Also, do not invest all your money in cryptocurrencies.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
matricaria

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:13:08 PM

I think every wise investor uses risk diversification. That is what will save you from heavy losses.

lagharto

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:20:48 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

This is about altcoins trading and not about investing) but yes, i definitely diversificate my portfolio and it always consist of different alts on different chains(to prevent losses like it was happened with all ethereum based tokens when it falls in price), of course +BTC and some share of fiat (also different stable coins).

But hodl strategy is not good on a bearish market so yes your strategy is good enough i think.
money_forever

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:33:43 PM

I try to keep several different coins in my wallet and not invest large sums in one project. It seems to me that this is diversification of risks.

fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:38:04 AM

Yes, diversification is good for us because we don't know if our coins will be gain or loss later.
If we only focusing on 1 coin, we will have risk to get a big loss if our coins going down in the future.
Diversification is the way to secure the value of your investment portfolio i think.

itasannah

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:48:21 AM

It all comes back to each of you because this is a strategy that will benefit you, and if it doesn't match the price you can lose money. I personally better invest in a number of Altcoins because they have more opportunities to profit. For example, this coin doesn't grow but still has a chance on other coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: