Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:01:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308622 times)
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:01:47 AM

Here is a pic of the pool speeds on 30 individual gridseeds all running at 850 for over 12 hours straight. As you can see there is a huge difference in average speeds.

http://imgur.com/vURuZRD

That looks normal.
I get the same 'average' differences at litecoinpool.org - No biggie.

What pool are you using?

Thanks!
W2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dryleaf

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:11:56 AM

weloveltc.com
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:30:41 PM

By the way, the modified cpuminer download link listed in OP fails the VirusTotal scan. That's a known issue with these scans mislabeling bitcoin miner as malware, right?

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/6a065446aa764ca9d4748cc88418eaf586b6cdf80a4b45effe8c121403822dab/analysis/1395086073/

Did you get it from a legitimate site. Then its a false positive.

is it this site
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1165-download-cpuminer-for-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics-with-reduced-power-usage/

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:33:24 PM

By the way, the modified cpuminer download link listed in OP fails the VirusTotal scan. That's a known issue with these scans mislabeling bitcoin miner as malware, right?

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/6a065446aa764ca9d4748cc88418eaf586b6cdf80a4b45effe8c121403822dab/analysis/1395086073/

Did you get it from a legitimate site. Then its a false positive.

is it this site
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1165-download-cpuminer-for-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics-with-reduced-power-usage/

Yes, that's the site I got it from. Just wanted to double check. Thanks!
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 05:25:26 PM

images to follow later.

I really hope these images include pool stats confirming your hashrate. A lot of people in this forum have been running their Gridseeds without fans at all, so it would be really surprising to learn that repositioning the fan can gain 20%+ performance.

It doesn't. Cooling is not the the problem in scrypt only mode. You can remove the fan completely and in scrypt mode the heat sink will barely warm up. In fact, you can run scrypt without a heat sink at all. The power draw is so low in scrypt mode (approximately 7 watts without the fan) the chips don't even get toasty. Use the heatsink and fan to keep your beer cool. Smiley

The heat sink and fan are for bitcoin only/dual mode. That will heat things up (I haven't tested it myself, but others have reported a 60 watt draw).

Considering the number of people who have tried pushing these things to their limits, I seriously doubt claims that these things can be run at anything above 900 with any sort of efficiency. The people on this board aren't stupid. I'm waiting to see what this guy posts. I'm betting he'll have a hashrate of 450 kh/s but almost no submitted shares due to rejections and errors.

Running these at 950 MHz with voltmod, no HW errors, removed heatsink but fan spinning. Uses around 10W, chips are cool to the touch.

Dryleaf

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:53:34 PM

images to follow later.

I really hope these images include pool stats confirming your hashrate. A lot of people in this forum have been running their Gridseeds without fans at all, so it would be really surprising to learn that repositioning the fan can gain 20%+ performance.

It doesn't. Cooling is not the the problem in scrypt only mode. You can remove the fan completely and in scrypt mode the heat sink will barely warm up. In fact, you can run scrypt without a heat sink at all. The power draw is so low in scrypt mode (approximately 7 watts without the fan) the chips don't even get toasty. Use the heatsink and fan to keep your beer cool. Smiley

The heat sink and fan are for bitcoin only/dual mode. That will heat things up (I haven't tested it myself, but others have reported a 60 watt draw).

Considering the number of people who have tried pushing these things to their limits, I seriously doubt claims that these things can be run at anything above 900 with any sort of efficiency. The people on this board aren't stupid. I'm waiting to see what this guy posts. I'm betting he'll have a hashrate of 450 kh/s but almost no submitted shares due to rejections and errors.

Running these at 950 MHz with voltmod, no HW errors, removed heatsink but fan spinning. Uses around 10W, chips are cool to the touch.

Link to the Voldmod thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519112 
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:28:47 PM

images to follow later.

My point is that messing with the cooling has no impact on stability or performance whatsoever, even when overvolting.

flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:32:30 AM

So to summarize: the max you can get is about 360kh at clock 850 without doing a hardware voltage mod?
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:43:30 AM

So to summarize: the max you can get is about 360kh at clock 850 without doing a hardware voltage mod?

Yep

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:48:58 AM

images to follow later.

My point is that messing with the cooling has no impact on stability or performance whatsoever, even when overvolting.

I was thinking earlier, for Scrypt only operation, one could simply pull the cards off and use them without any heat sink attached at all.
Would save a ton of space but also, waste a lot of the money we paid for them.
I bet the cards themselves are $25 each to make and maybe $50 wholesale, figuring a minimum 100% markup by the manufacturer.
Then one could line them up in a row and blow air from one fan on them all, keeping them at nominal and safe temps.

Options options....

I do like the idea of overclocking the little suckers though. The higher the hash rates, the more money they make, obviously.

Wolfey2014

XScrypt

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:42:27 AM

Yeah that was my point.

LTC- LKdDXfJbCqMHpqTZwhaMKRE51eA7PPsCYy
aaa10247

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:16:09 AM

images to follow later.

I was thinking earlier, for Scrypt only operation, one could simply pull the cards off and use them without any heat sink attached at all.
Would save a ton of space but also, waste a lot of the money we paid for them.
I bet the cards themselves are $25 each to make and maybe $50 wholesale, figuring a minimum 100% markup by the manufacturer.
Then one could line them up in a row and blow air from one fan on them all, keeping them at nominal and safe temps.

Options options....

I do like the idea of overclocking the little suckers though. The higher the hash rates, the more money they make, obviously.

Wolfey2014

Buying these for < $100 would be nice. If anyone has any suggestions on how this can be arranged - please let me know.

Where can we purchase the chips wholesale? Alibaba? Straight from the manufacturer?

dszuecs

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:19:03 PM

Buying these for < $100 would be nice. If anyone has any suggestions on how this can be arranged - please let me know.
Where can we purchase the chips wholesale? Alibaba? Straight from the manufacturer?

You can get them directly from Gridseed:

Hope the following information will answer you your question and beyond.
A:  the MOQ (Minimum Order Quantities) is 500 units
Q:  what is the price?

#500-999 units: 158 USD /unit
#1000+ units: 155 USD /unit

They won't ship it to you. You need to organise everything but hey, pretty low price compared to all those m'fos selling 1 unit for 350$ +  Wink
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 02:37:00 PM

They won't ship it to you. You need to organise everything but hey, pretty low price compared to all those m'fos selling 1 unit for 350$ +  Wink

Do you mean the entire unit including heat sink or just the completed and fully functioning pcb?
Can you tell us 'exactly' how this can be accomplished?
Who to contact? url? email address? etc.?
Thanks
Wolfey2014

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:51:58 PM

Do you mean the entire unit including heat sink or just the completed and fully functioning pcb?
Thanks
Wolfey2014

I contacted sales@gridseed.com and got the quote for 500+ units at $158. These are the full version with heatsink and fan, not just the boards. No cables, psu or wiring, just the round GS unit only.
Downside is they only deliver inside mainland China. You would have to either go there or have someone forward to you through Hong Kong. Getting across the HK border is fairly easy, but then you hit US customs and their fees/taxes.
Hey, if anyone has a trip planned to China, we could put together some sort of group buy and that person could arrange the shipping from China...
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:00:25 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 03:45:39 PM by wolfey2014

A:  the MOQ (Minimum Order Quantities) is 500 units
Q:  what is the price?

They won't ship it to you. You need to organise everything but hey, pretty low price compared to all those m'fos selling 1 unit for 350$ +  Wink

Thanks
Wolfey2014

I contacted sales@gridseed.com and got the quote for 500+ units at $158. These are the full version with heatsink and fan, not just the boards. No cables, psu or wiring, just the round GS unit only.
Downside is they only deliver inside mainland China. You would have to either go there or have someone forward to you through Hong Kong. Getting across the HK border is fairly easy, but then you hit US customs and their fees/taxes.
Hey, if anyone has a trip planned to China, we could put together some sort of group buy and that person could arrange the shipping from China...

Or you can do bulk orders through www.HASHRA.com
Probably get the same or better price without any shipping hassles.
They are GridSeed's main ww distributor now.
They are supposed to be taking bulk orders by now.
I don't know what the hold up is.

What I was talking about was getting just the PCB with firmware ready to go minus the heat sink etc. for running Scrypt only. Should be around $50 to $70 each, I would guess.
Wolfey2014

Fior Sirtheoir

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:50:25 PM

Not really sure what I am doing wrong with CPU miner I am getting no accepted shares. Stratum is detecting new blocks. It does say it was unable to open the comport "GetLastError=2".   The miner is on com4 and that is what I have the bat set to.  Same issues with CG miner. Think maybe I have the drive installed incorrectly, any insight?
flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:15:08 PM

Sorry can cgminer control more than 10 gridseed? Whenever I add an 11th, it does show up in cgminer with hash rate but never accepts anything?

GSD 10 is the one. I added them one by one with cgminer running

Here's the command line options to run cgminer:

--scrypt --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850,chips=5,modules=1,usefifo=0 --hotplug=1
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 06:41:39 PM

Sorry can cgminer control more than 10 gridseed? Whenever I add an 11th, it does show up in cgminer with hash rate but never accepts anything?

GSD 10 is the one. I added them one by one with cgminer running

Here's the command line options to run cgminer:

--scrypt --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850,chips=5,modules=1,usefifo=0 --hotplug=1

I can't even get cgminer to run i pi rasberry - just hangs

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 07:07:29 PM

ok - I just followed the directions on Post #1 of this thread for: STEP BY STEP RASPBERRY SCRIPTA INSTALLATION

and cgminer started right up

and is running just fibne

two questions - can it be run nohup - so that it can run even when I don;t have an ssh session?

and #2 - how do I get it to run and mine BTC simultaneously?

by the way - my pi rasberry is running 20 gridseeds

Jeff

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: