Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:25:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308664 times)
coinminer69er

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:59:28 PM

Thanks to the help of everyone on this board I've been able to get my GSDs up and running for the past few days. I am using the stock cgminer 3.7.2 from the unicorn hasher guide and have noticed that at 850 mHz I am getting very few rejects and just a few HW errors even after 24 hours. I'd like to change the version of cgminer to the dbartle build so that I can increase the frequency in smaller increments, but can't find anything online to help with that. What is the process for updating the cgminer build? TIA
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #82MdkKJXnf5EKB7l
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2227
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:41:50 PM

i have updated to hashra v1.3 yet the old pool settings remain. tried reboot and restart but unable to update from the old pool address?

space for rent, shilling for sats
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:55:44 PM

A simple method to overclock Gridseeds upto 1050 MHz: Thermal Paste!
Check out my Blog entry on that topic:
http://gridseed-blog.com/gridseed-overclocking-1000-mhz-without-voltmod/

you should really make some pictures.

Also you should mentions to keep or not keep the "blue" stock thermal pad or not etc..

Most people here want to see "pictures or it did not happen" hehe

thanks anyway Wink

No pictures needed. It's been proven long ago that these chips are not thermally challenged at all. I had one running without heatsink at 850 and then overvolted at 950. But you can't push past 850-900 just by smearing some paste on it, it needs the voltage mod.

DITTO!

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:00:43 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 01:34:01 AM by wolfey2014

Thanks to the help of everyone on this board I've been able to get my GSDs up and running for the past few days. I am using the stock cgminer 3.7.2 from the unicorn hasher guide and have noticed that at 850 mHz I am getting very few rejects and just a few HW errors even after 24 hours. I'd like to change the version of cgminer to the dbartle build so that I can increase the frequency in smaller increments, but can't find anything online to help with that. What is the process for updating the cgminer build? TIA
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #82MdkKJXnf5EKB7l

Try over-volting so you can have stable over-clocking with ZERO HW errors and probably even less if not ZERO rejects.
Just completed modding several for a customer and they are all now hashing away as mentioned.
Easily running over 500KH/s to over 650KH/s as expected. I've even seen peaks of over 750KH/s!
ZERO HW errors on all of them.
After tuning them all up, I'm seeing 1150MHz to 1250MHz as the most stable and profitable general operating range.
If you'd like me to mod your pods, feel free to PM me.

Here's a shot of my handy work, if you want to see how to do the mod yourself. Wink
Like I've been saying, a 1/4W resistor will work just fine. Try to use 1% tolerance.
49.9K seems to be a pretty good general setting for overclocking up to 1250 stable.
Any higher than 1175MHz seems to be a waste at the pool i.e. wasted power, lower profits.
Just my .00002btc Wink

And.l....

Good luck! And again, re: self modding - you toast it, you eat it! Wink

coinminer69er

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:21:16 AM

I appreciate the offer wolfey but I am not comfortable doing that myself yet and can't afford to have you do it right now. Maybe when I get some more coins in the wallet...
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 01:24:34 AM

I appreciate the offer wolfey but I am not comfortable doing that myself yet and can't afford to have you do it right now. Maybe when I get some more coins in the wallet...
PM me and let's see what we can work out.
Applying this mod will decrease your ROI period. It's a good thing! Wink $

dyland

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:32:32 PM

Can you please describe how to connect those cables to an industrial power supply? Which pins should be used: V+, V- only or GND also?

the right 3 cables are for power connection from the wall ...

Hi There:

I received Chinese power and plugs: yellow, blue, and red wires inside---anyone know how I hook these up to the PSU?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:03:11 PM

For those of you running Windows and CGminer for Gridseed ASICs:

Long time lurker, but new member here.  I usually just sit back and read to solve my problems. I registered here today just to make this post.

I noticed when using Gridseed 5 chip miners with Windows/CGminer that miners would randomly drop off. When you close CGminer or reboot, this was especially true. The fix? Unplug the USB cable to your miner or hub and set hotplug to a higher number than 0 (most seem to like 5).

Great, but I have a job/life/kids/wife/car/hobbies/etc and can't always be next to the computer waiting to unplug/plug a USB connector.

I did a little experimenting and found out that disabling/enabling them in device manager brought them back without having to physically unplug them. This got me thinking...

I was able to use devcon.exe (from Microsoft) and write a quick batch file that enables/disables the miners. Then I scheduled the batch file to run ever 60 seconds (maybe overkill). The good part is that devcon.exe does not disable devices if they are in use, it waits for a reboot. So, your active miners never go down they just get "flagged" to be disabled on next boot and your inactive miners get disabled/enabled and start working again. This also requires hotplug to be greater than 0 (I used --hotplug=10)

It's quick and dirty and by no means a great solution. But it works. If someone wants to take this and expand on it, be my guest.

To make sure its working:
Run CGMiner, make sure it works and miners start.
Close CGMiner.
Run CGMiner, no miners (or less miners) are found.
Close CGMiner.
Run batch found below.
Run CGMiner, all miners working again.

You may need to edit the batch file to include match your miners hardware ID (*5740* is wildcard-part_of_hardware_ID-wildcard). I'm not sure if all hardware IDs are all the same, but all mine are. I just shoved it in the root of my C:\ drive. It's very basic and self explanatory.

Zip contains:
devcon.exe
resetusb.bat
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ih0eszwbf6bucl4/resetusb.zip

I hope this helps some usb plugging, nail-biting, BCTer get out and grab a little sunlight instead of hiding in the basement waiting for that inevitable USB failure.  Grin
I tried this method with cgminer closed & while cgminer running, but i always get "disable failed" for all my miners.
compumine

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:31:49 PM

i have updated to hashra v1.3 yet the old pool settings remain. tried reboot and restart but unable to update from the old pool address?

I also updated last night to the 1.3 Hashra controla

And it sucks!!

I lost 10 miners because it will not log into the server.  Only 10 on the other IP address are working fine.

More hardware errors @ 800 Mhz now. Was no hardware errors at that setting.  So not better that way.

Only thing I see is a modification to the interface.  Which is not exactly helpful to us. 

*Image Removed*
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2227
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:40:28 PM

I also updated last night to the 1.3 Hashra controla

And it sucks!!

I lost 10 miners because it will not log into the server.  Only 10 on the other IP address are working fine.

More hardware errors @ 800 Mhz now. Was no hardware errors at that setting.  So not better that way.

Only thing I see is a modification to the interface.  Which is not exactly helpful to us. 

its completely stable and maybe even less errors for me, i just cant change the pool settings. i can see the old pool in the bfgminer window, frustrating when the pool goes down...

space for rent, shilling for sats
markusvon

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:14:58 AM

Just setup my 10 Gridseeds on a Pi with Scripta. Works like a charm (once I found out the usb hub was dodgy and replaced it was a higher quality one) now the question is, what to mine!

Wish list: Ability to change Mhz through Miner Settings Wink

sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:40:17 AM

LightningAsic V3 Firmware vs BFGminer + Rpi
V3c firmware just released is now available for download, and it works with standard Tp-link 703N controller.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554542.0

deadsmeat

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:45:53 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 01:57:44 AM by deadsmeat

Hi all,

TL;DR;
My Gridseed works erratically.
Works with GiveMeCoin always getting Accepted shares, but with low Hashrate (max of 70Kh) running for 8hrs
Works with WeMineLTC intermittently. sometimes my Gridseed Accept shares, but a lot of times, it's not doing anything
I have tried CGMiner as posted and to the letter (with Zadig) but crashes
I have tried MultiMiner, but it wont detect Gridseed

More Detailed Description of the Issue and Troubleshooting Done
I am having some problems with Gridseed 5. I got one for test drive and have created an account at WeMineLTC, and downloaded the wallet at the official site, and has fully synced. I've had my Gridseed for a day now. The GridSeed is directly connected to PC USB2 port (i.e. no hub)

At first, I followed this guide to try dual mining SHA and Scrypt:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1711-updated-guide-on-how-to-mine-both-btc-and-ltc-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asic/

I can't even run CGMiner because it says I need to install a USB driver. Which I already did, using Zadig and double checking using Zadig "List Device" and also under Windows Device Manager. Mine is STMicroElectronicVirtualComPort(COM5). I made sure I took note of the COM port (COM5) and edited the batch file and made sure that COM5 is reflected. But everytime, CGMiner will crash and will not proceed. I have tried 3 versions of CGminer and downloaded the latest versions (as found on the first post). Note that I have tried CGMiner both at the native STMicro driver and Zadig WinUSB driver.

So I ditched the idea of dual mining and just focused on Scrypt mining.

So I used MultiMiner, but no dice. Even if MultiMiner can detect my AntMiner U2, it can not detect Gridseed (I have seen posts in Nwool's GitHub about how the gridseed works). Asking and posting at GitHub has no reply. And just like with CGMiner, I have tried MultiMiner both at the native STMicro driver and Zadig WinUSB driver. So...I ditched MultiMiner.

I went to BFGMiner 3.99 and lo and behold, it detected my Gridseed FINALLY, and it went to work. Since it's my first time using Scrypt (and a week in Mining BTC), with DOS-based utility, I struggled to understand some of the display. But eventually, after checking WeMineLTC dashboard and looking at my DOS status screen, it dawned on me that my Gridseed is NOT accepting any shares. Bfg will send request for work update on the server, but it just won't get anything. So I have to, again, use both Zadig WinUSB and going back to STMicro driver, but only the STMicro driver works. So I stick with STMicro.

I checked everything, from username to port to URL. Then for some reason, my Gridseed started to accept share, out of nowhere. I started getting KH on my dashboard. But, there will be a lot of time lapse where I won't get any share (I figure I'm just getting bad pool) but nope, I waited for 8hrs and my hashrate went down.

A few reboots, and a few reconnect later, I get random share acceptance so I decided to try joining GiveMeCoins.

Now this new pool (GiveMeCoins), I get regular accepted shares. I am ALMOST happy. I let it run for 8hrs, but I noticed something odd on my web dashboard and my BFGconsole dashboard. My Hashrate never goes beyond 70Kh. I'm supposed to get more than 100Kh, heck, almost 300Kh. With frequency set to 800 (I have seen others set it to 850 and higher), I was hoping to get higher. So I dabbled with it and noticed that Gs0a is being used while Gs0b-Gs0e are not (from the BFGconsole).

I am baffled by this. I can't really tell for sure if my unit is defective, or the pools I am joining are really bad. WeMine won't give me shares, while GiveMeCoins gives me shares but with such low KH.

Any help will be appreciated. I am at the end of my wits here.

System Specs:
Windows 7 32bit with all the latest service packs, no bangs, no whistles, plain old OS
No other software, no antivirus, no firewall except for Windows default firewall (no Essentials)
I have 2 AntMiner U2 connected to it, via USB Hub, working and hashing happly, using MultiMiner (CP uART driver)
I have 1GB RAM
Atom 2Ghz CPU
Gigabit Internet
45Mbps Comcast Internet (speedtest on mining rig shows close to it)
64GB SSD for storage/boot/applications
Gridseed directly connected to USB2 port of the PC

My BFG for WeMine is written as:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://power.wemineltc.com:3333 -u weminedead.1 -p x  -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800

I also tried other pools at WeMine
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://usa4.wemineltc.com:3336 -u weminedead.1 -p x  -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://usa4.wemineltc.com:80 -u weminedead.1 -p x  -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800

As for GiveMeCoins
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o  ltc.give-me-coins.com:3334 -u weminedead.1 -p x -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800

I also tried adding stratum
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o  stratum+tcp://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3334 -u weminedead.1 -p x -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800

If you guys have any suggestion or seeing what I am probably missing, pls let me know. I haven't tried running the Gridseed on other computers though, so I am still not ruling out my slow CPU as the problem, I never tried on other PC because I have seen others run Gridseed with much simpler host (rpi, etc).

TL;DR;
Works with GiveMeCoin always getting Accepted shares, but with low Hashrate (max of 70Kh) running for 8hrs
Works with WeMineLTC intermittently. sometimes my Gridseed Accept shares, but a lot of times, it's not doing anything
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 02:08:16 AM

Hi all,

TL;DR;

More Detailed Description of the Issue and Troubleshooting Done
I am having some problems with Gridseed 5. I got one for test drive and have created an account at WeMineLTC, and downloaded the wallet at the official site, and has fully synced. I've had my Gridseed for a day now. The GridSeed is directly connected to PC USB2 port (i.e. no hub)

At first, I followed this guide to try dual mining SHA and Scrypt:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1711-updated-guide-on-how-to-mine-both-btc-and-ltc-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asic/

I can't even run CGMiner because it says I need to install a USB driver. Which I already did, using Zadig and double checking using Zadig "List Device" and also under Windows Device Manager. Mine is STMicroElectronicVirtualComPort(COM5). I made sure I took note of the COM port (COM5) and edited the batch file and made sure that COM5 is reflected. But everytime, CGMiner will crash and will not proceed. I have tried 3 versions of CGminer and downloaded the latest versions (as found on the first post). Note that I have tried CGMiner both at the native STMicro driver and Zadig WinUSB driver.

So I ditched the idea of dual mining and just focused on Scrypt mining.

So I used MultiMiner, but no dice. Even if MultiMiner can detect my AntMiner U2, it can not detect Gridseed (I have seen posts in Nwool's GitHub about how the gridseed works). Asking and posting at GitHub has no reply. And just like with CGMiner, I have tried MultiMiner both at the native STMicro driver and Zadig WinUSB driver. So...I ditched MultiMiner.

I went to BFGMiner 3.99 and lo and behold, it detected my Gridseed FINALLY, and it went to work. Since it's my first time using Scrypt (and a week in Mining BTC), with DOS-based utility, I struggled to understand some of the display. But eventually, after checking WeMineLTC dashboard and looking at my DOS status screen, it dawned on me that my Gridseed is NOT accepting any shares. Bfg will send request for work update on the server, but it just won't get anything. So I have to, again, use both Zadig WinUSB and going back to STMicro driver, but only the STMicro driver works. So I stick with STMicro.

I checked everything, from username to port to URL. Then for some reason, my Gridseed started to accept share, out of nowhere. I started getting KH on my dashboard. But, there will be a lot of time lapse where I won't get any share (I figure I'm just getting bad pool) but nope, I waited for 8hrs and my hashrate went down.

A few reboots, and a few reconnect later, I get random share acceptance so I decided to try joining GiveMeCoins.

Now this new pool (GiveMeCoins), I get regular accepted shares. I am ALMOST happy. I let it run for 8hrs, but I noticed something odd on my web dashboard and my BFGconsole dashboard. My Hashrate never goes beyond 70Kh. I'm supposed to get more than 100Kh, heck, almost 300Kh. With frequency set to 800 (I have seen others set it to 850 and higher), I was hoping to get higher. So I dabbled with it and noticed that Gs0a is being used while Gs0b-Gs0e are not (from the BFGconsole).

I am baffled by this. I can't really tell for sure if my unit is defective, or the pools I am joining are really bad. WeMine won't give me shares, while GiveMeCoins gives me shares but with such low KH.

Any help will be appreciated. I am at the end of my wits here.

System Specs:
Windows 7 32bit with all the latest service packs, no bangs, no whistles, plain old OS
No other software, no antivirus, no firewall except for Windows default firewall (no Essentials)
I have 2 AntMiner U2 connected to it, via USB Hub, working and hashing happly, using MultiMiner (CP uART driver)
I have 1GB RAM
Atom 2Ghz CPU
Gigabit Internet
45Mbps Comcast Internet (speedtest on mining rig shows close to it)
64GB SSD for storage/boot/applications
Gridseed directly connected to USB2 port of the PC

My BFG for WeMine is written as:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://power.wemineltc.com:3333 -u weminedead.1 -p x  -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800

I also tried other pools at WeMine
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://usa4.wemineltc.com:3336 -u weminedead.1 -p x  -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://usa4.wemineltc.com:80 -u weminedead.1 -p x  -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800

As for GiveMeCoins
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o  ltc.give-me-coins.com:3334 -u weminedead.1 -p x -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800

I also tried adding stratum
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o  stratum+tcp://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3334 -u weminedead.1 -p x -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800

If you guys have any suggestion or seeing what I am probably missing, pls let me know. I haven't tried running the Gridseed on other computers though, so I am still not ruling out my slow CPU as the problem, I never tried on other PC because I have seen others run Gridseed with much simpler host (rpi, etc).

TL;DR;

Wow! So much hassles for one gridseed unit.
Try cpuminer which works with STMicrodevices Virtual drivers just fine.
It's easy and quick to set up and run.
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1165-download-cpuminer-for-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics-with-reduced-power-usage/#comment-132
Good luck!
If your seed doesn't have 4 bad chips in it, you should achieve over 350KH/s while overclocking to 850MH/s

jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:22:48 AM

You have an updated CPUminer here :

http://cryptomining-blog.com/1828-updated-cgminer-3-7-2-and-cpuminer-for-overclocking-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics/
deadsmeat

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:32:59 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 04:01:50 AM by deadsmeat

Edited Post:
Well, this is totally bonkers :/

Now my web dashboard 0 Kh using cpuminer. When I first start CPUMiner, I get this:

https://i.imgur.com/IJEmY6c.png

Then I have to reboot, and recheck my config:

minerdOC.exe --freq=800 --gc3355=\\.\COM5 --url=stratum+tcp://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3334 --userpass=weminedead.1:x

And I got a bunch of status that seems to be not getting any shares at all:
https://i.imgur.com/QuHmYXr.png
https://i.imgur.com/kskuqXG.png
https://i.imgur.com/6nI9bmR.png

GiveMeCoins dashboard shows 0Kh :/
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:22:19 AM

Cpuminer don't show mining speed.
You miner works correctly from your FIRST picture, GREEN showing nonce found.
You just have to run it for atleast 30 minutes to see whether your pool receives the shares or not.

If you still get doubt use cgminer.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8986

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 04:26:29 AM

Then I have to reboot, and recheck my config:

minerdOC.exe --freq=800 --gc3355=\\.\COM5 --url=stratum+tcp://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3334 --userpass=weminedead.1:x

Have you verified that the Gridseed is still on COM5 after reboot? Unplug it, check Device Manager, re-plug it, check again which COM port appeared.

dyland

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:32:36 AM

Hi There:

Maybe I'm in over my head.

I have wheezy pre-installed on a raspberry pi and trying to get my ten gridseeds going somehow. I've connected everything up and all I have on the screen is "Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 hashracontroller tty1
              hashracontroller login:"

I really have no idea what to do from here.

So frustrated and just want to get these things going already, but I guess I really have zero idea of what I'm doing even though I have read and read and read thread after thread.

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8986

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 04:56:19 AM

Hi There:

Maybe I'm in over my head.

I have wheezy pre-installed on a raspberry pi and trying to get my ten gridseeds going somehow. I've connected everything up and all I have on the screen is "Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 hashracontroller tty1
              hashracontroller login:"

I really have no idea what to do from here.

So frustrated and just want to get these things going already, but I guess I really have zero idea of what I'm doing even though I have read and read and read thread after thread.

Sorry for pointing out the obvious, but have you checked the setup guide: http://hashra.com/support/ (you're at step 6 I suppose).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: