Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:32:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849668 times)
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:34:06 AM

Rule 1 of #MyriadCoin on Twitter: Do not bicker with the Twitter "whales" and P&Ders. Rather, give them your blessings and wish them luck.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KadiumRA

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:43:04 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 05:56:46 AM by KadiumRA

Wow.

Just finished  reading from page 120 up to current, and WOW.

This coin is incredible.  Solving the crypto community's problem of ASICs vs GPU vs CPU in a single coin is just amazing to me.  Three weeks ago I was contemplating selling all my GPUs; game over with the announcement of KNC's Titan scrypt ASIC miner, or so I thought.  Vert coin put my selling action on pause and gave me small hope for mining at profit for the near future.  But if what you guys have done here holds up to intelligent critiques from people like gatra and notsoshifty, (which it seems it now will thanks to gatra helping out, friggin awesome), then it appears GPU mining is here to stay indefinitely.  Once the word of this coin gets out, (and it obviously is if I know about it, I'm just regular Jon and here I am) I would imagine most coins created going forward will incorporate this sort of solution.  I'll definitely be pointing all my cards at it in the coming days and hopefully can find a useful place within the community.

I write code for PLC's for a living, so I don't have any skills to hunt down those bounties, but I speak well and plan to talk about this coin A LOT!

When I initially began reading the thread, I thought to myself, "That's a great coin, from a technical standpoint, but end users don't know or care about the technical aspects.  A coin needs to fill some sort of niche for people outside of mining to care about it."  In my humble opinion, the few alt coins that will survive the test of time have each filled a unique social niche by implementing an innovation.

• Litecoin is a success because it fills the niche of existing as a silver to the gold standard of Bitcoin.  The innovation implemented to achieve this was obviously the scrypt algorithm, which has allowed myself and countless others who arrived to cryptos after BTC had left the harbor to mine and enter the crypto world.
  • Doge is a success because it fills the niche of social media integration and personifies as well as enables the emerging gift-economy.  The innovations implemented to achieve this were three fold; first the reddit tip bot (and hopefully the Facebook tipping app).  Secondly the implementation of having an infinite supply of coins, which was less an innovation as it was a break from the established norm (by BTC and LTC, the only two coins at the time with name recognition) that all cryptos should have a fixed supply.  Thirdly the high profile gifting to the Jamaican bobsled team.
  • Aurora is a success because it created a how-to guide for countries to follow that wish to directly confront central banks and debt based monetary systems.  This is more than a niche, but a fundamental ideal of all crypto currencies.  Aurora brought to a spearhead Satoshi's disdain for the current monetary system and pointed it right at the central banks in a manner that allows the entire world to hold and utilize that spear.  The innovation implemented  here was solving the problem of how to empower the citizens of a country with a crypto currency; ie, the legitimization of a premine via Airdrop.
  • Einsteinium is a success because the innovation of mandating 2% of all mined coins go to a single social project each month solved the problem of relying on end users to actively and coordinately donate the coin to have real social impact.  Similarly, 0.5% of all mined coins go towards maintaining the Einsteinium Foundation (pending official NPO status), so the developers can quit their day jobs and focus on sustaining the coin.   Some people refer to this coin as Doge 2.0, but the niche filled here is funding science, not full integration into social media.

I am well aware that all of these coins can be argued to have succeeded for different reasons or to have already failed for other reasons, and my intent is to not incite those discussions, but rather to help me in my own my mind create a framework with which to compare coins to as a means of deciding whether or not they are viable long term investments.  So when I first began reading the threads for this coin and comparing it to my framework, it immediately satisfied the requirement of possessing a high quality innovation, but it seemed to fail the social niche criteria.  This was at page 129 of the thread and around 1:30AM a few days ago, so I slept on it.  I picked the reading back up the next night and right away I came across iamphoenix's comment myriad has significant first mover advantage IMO if one of the algos becomes popular or is useful the best move would be for Myriad to ABSORB the algo into its own arsenal. and it planted the seed that maybe the social niche for this coin wouldn't be necessary.  I kept reading and by the time I finished the technical discussions between foodies, 8bitcoder, gatra, notsoshifty, Ahmed and others, I had a strong feeling that the technical innovation of this coin would indeed be enough to place it among the ranks of alt coins that survive and thrive.  But was that feeling truth or did it stem from being hopeful that maybe I'll get to continue mining with a few GPU rigs forever??  To answer this question, I started writing this post, and I'm still struggling to find an answer.  I know that end users do not care how a coin is mined, none of my friends that have a Coinbase account know what a 51% attack is, what SHA-256 or scrypt is, or even what a hash is.  They just know what Bitcoin is because it's in the news.  The other coins I listed were also in the news, so this makes me want to get in on the discussion started recently on this thread about some much needed publicity.

In my head, this coin would benefit from filling a social niche and then generating some publicity about it.  Getting a group of people to decide on what niche to fill is very near impossible once a coin has been launched, but luckily the name of this coin contains the solution; it can fill a myriad of social niches Smiley  Everyone from artists on Etsy accepting it to jailbreak app coders.  From students trapped in debt accepting it on crowd funding sites to millionaire venture capitalists investing in it.  From the development of iPhone apps to the manufacturing of bluetooth cold storage vaults.  I know that every coin has these same aspirations, and even Litecoin has yet to achieve most of them, but from what I've seen so far in the crypto world, coins live and die by the strength of their communities and communities always start with the devs and miners.  Devs get wore out because of the sheer magnitude of work they undertake and the marginal gains they realize after a few months.  Miners are fleeting because we're always one step behind the newest technology and forced to try and get one step ahead of the next hot coin.  Myriad offers a solution to the constant running away from ASICs for GPU miners, and thus offers a home for some us to stay, be profitable and remain part of the supporting community.  I myself would much rather let those stupid GPUs in the garage hash on one coin so I can sit and think about solving real world issues, and that is exactly what I intend to do.

The technical superiority of this coin is undeniable, but just like Linux is far superior to Windows, that's not a guarantee of widespread public adoption.  The focus for me to help this coin survive will be to think about solving the problems of getting it integrated into society.  I don't know what those solutions will be, but I know that they will take A LOT of work by a lot of high caliber people.  So before I go throwing out ideas and floundering about, I would like to know if there is going to be some organizing of community effort.  Are there plans for the devs to create a foundation or structure for groups of people to meet and work together to implement the  ideas and proposed solutions that get tossed around on this forum?  Is there anyone who is working on these solutions now who needs a helping hand?

I got into mining because I wanted to help develop the long term social benefits I feel are possible with cryptos.  I don't know if myriad is where my efforts will take root, but I'm willing to find out.
iamphoenix

Activity: 244

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:56:21 AM

where can i download ^^^ ?

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:45:54 AM

Guys, this coin is a cool idea, but it's just a technical exercise between geeks at the moment - it stands no chance of success if it's not promoted to real people and fresh hands are enticed in.

In this way it reminds me of aircoin, lots of brains but little interest in marketing and , like aircoin, time will run out.

Is anyone working on a media push?

Probably true. Any idea's on how we can do this?

It's a tricky one because, at the moment, this coin is fairly and squarely aimed at geeks and miners, there's not a lot to entice non-crypto types into the fold.

We should look at other coins and see how they have done it, BC and DRK are probably good examples to look at. We should also look at AIR to see how not to do it.

Edit:

Ok, Myriad's big thing is security, how do we bring that to the fore? Could we maybe get a uni's math or computer department involved? Some kind of hacking competition? If we think MYR is secure, we should put it to the test - shows confidence and transparency. I'm just throwing this out, it's prolly a crap idea.

Revised block halving schedule and reduced reward structure to preserve the coin's value?
Muzzargh

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:50:25 AM

Wow.

This coin is incredible.  Solving the crypto community's problem of ASICs vs GPU vs CPU in a single coin is just amazing to me.  Three weeks ago I was contemplating selling all my GPUs; game over with the announcement of KNC's Titan scrypt ASIC miner, or so I thought.  Vert coin put my selling action on pause and gave me small hope for mining at profit for the near future.  But if what you guys have done here holds up to intelligent critiques from people like gatra and notsoshifty, (which it seems it now will thanks to gatra helping out, friggin awesome), then it appears GPU mining is here to stay indefinitely.  Once the word of this coin gets out, (and it obviously is if I know about it, I'm just regular Jon and here I am) I would imagine most coins created going forward will incorporate this sort of solution.  I'll definitely be pointing all my cards at it in the coming days and hopefully can find a useful place within the community.

I write code for PLC's for a living, so I don't have any skills to hunt down those bounties, but I speak well and plan to talk about this coin A LOT!

When I initially began reading the thread, I thought to myself, "That's a great coin, from a technical standpoint, but end users don't know or care about the technical aspects.  A coin needs to fill some sort of niche for people outside of mining to care about it."  In my humble opinion, the few alt coins that will survive the test of time have each filled a unique social niche by implementing an innovation.

• Litecoin is a success because it fills the niche of existing as a silver to the gold standard of Bitcoin.  The innovation implemented to achieve this was obviously the scrypt algorithm, which has allowed myself and countless others who arrived to cryptos after BTC had left the harbor to mine and enter the crypto world.
  • Doge is a success because it fills the niche of social media integration and personifies as well as enables the emerging gift-economy.  The innovations implemented to achieve this were three fold; first the reddit tip bot (and hopefully the Facebook tipping app).  Secondly the implementation of having an infinite supply of coins, which was less an innovation as it was a break from the established norm (by BTC and LTC, the only two coins at the time with name recognition) that all cryptos should have a fixed supply.  Thirdly the high profile gifting to the Jamaican bobsled team.
  • Aurora is a success because it created a how-to guide for countries to follow that wish to directly confront central banks and debt based monetary systems.  This is more than a niche, but a fundamental ideal of all crypto currencies.  Aurora brought to a spearhead Satoshi's disdain for the current monetary system and pointed it right at the central banks in a manner that allows the entire world to hold and utilize that spear.  The innovation implemented  here was solving the problem of how to empower the citizens of a country with a crypto currency; ie, the legitimization of a premine via Airdrop.
  • Einsteinium is a success because the innovation of mandating 2% of all mined coins go to a single social project each month solved the problem of relying on end users to actively and coordinately donate the coin to have real social impact.  Similarly, 0.5% of all mined coins go towards maintaining the Einsteinium Foundation (pending official NPO status), so the developers can quit their day jobs and focus on sustaining the coin.   Some people refer to this coin as Doge 2.0, but the niche filled here is funding science, not full integration into social media.

I am well aware that all of these coins can be argued to have succeeded for different reasons or to have already failed for other reasons, and my intent is to not incite those discussions, but rather to help me in my own my mind create a framework with which to compare coins to as a means of deciding whether or not they are viable long term investments.  So when I first began reading the threads for this coin and comparing it to my framework, it immediately satisfied the requirement of possessing a high quality innovation, but it seemed to fail the social niche criteria.  This was at page 129 of the thread and around 1:30AM a few days ago, so I slept on it.  I picked the reading back up the next night and right away I came across iamphoenix's comment myriad has significant first mover advantage IMO if one of the algos becomes popular or is useful the best move would be for Myriad to ABSORB the algo into its own arsenal. and it planted the seed that maybe the social niche for this coin wouldn't be necessary.  I kept reading and by the time I finished the technical discussions between foodies, 8bitcoder, gatra, notsoshifty, Ahmed and others, I had a strong feeling that the technical innovation of this coin would indeed be enough to place it among the ranks of alt coins that survive and thrive.  But was that feeling truth or did it stem from being hopeful that maybe I'll get to continue mining with a few GPU rigs forever??  To answer this question, I started writing this post, and I'm still struggling to find an answer.  I know that end users do not care how a coin is mined, none of my friends that have a Coinbase account know what a 51% attack is, what SHA-256 or scrypt is, or even what a hash is.  They just know what Bitcoin is because it's in the news.  The other coins I listed were also in the news, so this makes me want to get in on the discussion started recently on this thread about some much needed publicity.

In my head, this coin would benefit from filling a social niche and then generating some publicity about it.  Getting a group of people to decide on what niche to fill is very near impossible once a coin has been launched, but luckily the name of this coin contains the solution; it can fill a myriad of social niches Smiley  Everyone from artists on Etsy accepting it to jailbreak app coders.  From students trapped in debt accepting it on crowd funding sites to millionaire venture capitalists investing in it.  From the development of iPhone apps to the manufacturing of bluetooth cold storage vaults.  I know that every coin has these same aspirations, and even Litecoin has yet to achieve most of them, but from what I've seen so far in the crypto world, coins live and die by the strength of their communities and communities always start with the devs and miners.  Devs get wore out because of the sheer magnitude of work they undertake and the marginal gains they realize after a few months.  Miners are fleeting because we're always one step behind the newest technology and forced to try and get one step ahead of the next hot coin.  Myriad offers a solution to the constant running away from ASICs for GPU miners, and thus offers a home for some us to stay, be profitable and remain part of the supporting community.  I myself would much rather let those stupid GPUs in the garage hash on one coin so I can sit and think about solving real world issues, and that is exactly what I intend to do.

The technical superiority of this coin is undeniable, but just like Linux is far superior to Windows, that's not a guarantee of widespread public adoption.  The focus for me to help this coin survive will be to think about solving the problems of getting it integrated into society.  I don't know what those solutions will be, but I know that they will take A LOT of work by a lot of high caliber people.  So before I go throwing out ideas and floundering about, I would like to know if there is going to be some organizing of community effort.  Are there plans for the devs to create a foundation or structure for groups of people to meet and work together to implement the  ideas and proposed solutions that get tossed around on this forum?  Is there anyone who is working on these solutions now who needs a helping hand?

I got into mining because I wanted to help develop the long term social benefits I feel are possible with cryptos.  I don't know if myriad is where my efforts will take root, but I'm willing to find out.

Nice! I have mined a few coins but now just mine Myriad, I don't even care what the price is, after all it's just a number on a piece of paper when you are accumulating. Price only matters when you are using the coin by either selling it or buying with it. I am here to stay.   Wink
gpuminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:56:01 AM

Guys, this coin is a cool idea, but it's just a technical exercise between geeks at the moment - it stands no chance of success if it's not promoted to real people and fresh hands are enticed in.

In this way it reminds me of aircoin, lots of brains but little interest in marketing and , like aircoin, time will run out.

Is anyone working on a media push?

Probably true. Any idea's on how we can do this?

It's a tricky one because, at the moment, this coin is fairly and squarely aimed at geeks and miners, there's not a lot to entice non-crypto types into the fold.

We should look at other coins and see how they have done it, BC and DRK are probably good examples to look at. We should also look at AIR to see how not to do it.

Edit:

Ok, Myriad's big thing is security, how do we bring that to the fore? Could we maybe get a uni's math or computer department involved? Some kind of hacking competition? If we think MYR is secure, we should put it to the test - shows confidence and transparency. I'm just throwing this out, it's prolly a crap idea.

Revised block halving schedule and reduced reward structure to preserve the coin's value?

how about heavycoin block reward voting for each algo ? Which means each algo got different block reward according to miner vote

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. Sw4sYCL3h9NjLu1i9d6YSSsuQZQztFR7jW
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:56:26 AM

MyriadCoin is about to be huge with the news about Brazil
gpuminer

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:57:48 AM

what news ?

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. Sw4sYCL3h9NjLu1i9d6YSSsuQZQztFR7jW
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:59:18 AM

what news ?

Partial Rebranding into a CountryCoin for Brazil. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ToGW_dOFA
gpuminer

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:09:56 AM

what news ?

Partial Rebranding into a CountryCoin for Brazil. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ToGW_dOFA

thank you for the link

Muzzargh

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:31:35 AM

Inspiring talk  Grin
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:36:34 AM

Price just doubled and I don't own any right now. Boo.

Looks like a buy up during the BTC crash. Whales are shopping. Be careful - may not sustain.
neuroMode

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:51:24 AM

Wow.

I really like your enthusiasm and your drive to find the social niche for Myriad.

Join us on IRC freenode ##myriadcoin (that's TWO ##). We could use someone with your enthusiasm to help market Myriad! I'm going to bed now but you'll see me sitting in there under the same name- neuroMode

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:04:39 AM

I'm really digging the discussion here guys (about security paper and PR/media).
Let's keep these a priority.  

We also have another bounty to announce:

GUI Miner - Easy Algo Switcher MKRadnUiH2yAxJ8nwKGk95SjtxpA4YZn4X
Code a GUI-Miner that allows the user to easily switch between Scrypt, Skein, Groestl, or Qubit "with the click of a button". Even better, include an "auto-switching" mode that passively switches algorithms based on which is most profitable according to http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com/

Does it have to be gui? What about a passive command line switcher?
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:07:34 AM

I've been mining this coin ever since I've heard about it and never looked back.

I'm confident this coin will shoot for the stars in a matter of time, and it looks like it already has started. Smiley
8bitcoder (OP)

Activity: 146

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:14:56 AM

New Windows binaries with fixed version of OpenSSL (1.0.1g):

https://mega.co.nz/#!ogoDxIBa!7xKwWj6uHjkAvdyk291RT1QFC3Go-r_noV1-yyFNtlY
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gky4cqc9ba6fta/myriadcoinr9.zip

MD5 BA8902B2810639D5254DAEC39D7C4E8A
neuroMode

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:15:25 AM

I'm really digging the discussion here guys (about security paper and PR/media).
Let's keep these a priority.  

We also have another bounty to announce:

GUI Miner - Easy Algo Switcher MKRadnUiH2yAxJ8nwKGk95SjtxpA4YZn4X
Code a GUI-Miner that allows the user to easily switch between Scrypt, Skein, Groestl, or Qubit "with the click of a button". Even better, include an "auto-switching" mode that passively switches algorithms based on which is most profitable according to http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com/

Does it have to be gui? What about a passive command line switcher?

I suppose it doesn't have to be a GUI to start with, but if we truly want Myriad to be a "coin for everyone", the algo-switching should be easy as possible for those who aren't tech savvy.

But a cgminer type of thing is fine for the beginning.

neuroMode

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:15:50 AM

Awesome!  What is MD5 BA8902B2810639D5254DAEC39D7C4E8A though?

8bitcoder (OP)

Activity: 146

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:18:20 AM

It's the MD5 hash of the file. You can calculate the MD5 of the file you download to make sure it is the same file that was uploaded.
neuroMode

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:19:13 AM

It's the MD5 hash of the file. You can calculate the MD5 of the file you download to make sure it is the same file that was uploaded.

Ahh. I think I'll just trust you this time.

/famouslastwords

Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: