Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:31:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849668 times)
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:56:53 PM

Where the fuck do you expect me to get uptime stats from?

From all those miners who are still "pointed to the old DNS names".

For anyone else. If you seem to think HR is right. watch those links. the node uptime will rise but the hashrate likely wont. people arent mining on it because theyre pointed to the old DNS names

Remember?

BTW, that's the IP you need to post to show you aren't lying again (not the IP for the new nodes).

You really are a gem.

are you a retard? It was the DNS Names that changed. the IP address's are the same as they always were (facepalm)

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:00:04 PM

Where the fuck do you expect me to get uptime stats from?

From all those miners who are still "pointed to the old DNS names".

For anyone else. If you seem to think HR is right. watch those links. the node uptime will rise but the hashrate likely wont. people arent mining on it because theyre pointed to the old DNS names

Remember?

BTW, that's the IP you need to post to show you aren't lying again (not the IP for the new nodes).

You really are a gem.

are you a retard? It was the DNS Names that changed. the IP address's are the same as they always were (facepalm)

Then you should have no problem with stats should you? And just where would those other miners be right now? Phantom mining on a phantom server those old DNS names are pointed to? I asked before and I ask again, where do you get off?

Who's the retard?

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:04:14 PM

Seriously? Try doing a DNS query on the old dns names. they'll come up empty

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:05:22 PM

I'm done. not wasting my time when the facts are as bright as day. Anyone who wishes to have a constructive discussion with me regarding the P2Pool can contact me on IRC.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:12:53 PM

Wow. I'm sorry. It IS the same IP.

And the stats ARE there, for all to see. (To answer your question "Where the fuck do you expect me to get uptime stats from?)

So now I must conclude that you haven't got a clue either . . . to add to pathological liar and fraud.

Everyone can see with their own eyes how the server abruptly shut down on the 13th and payouts did the same.

http://eu.myriadminers.com:3333/static/graphs.html?Month

You know, you could just fess up to your mistake and incompetence . . . it will be interesting to see if we get payouts once you have new miners hashing again . . .

saving P2Pool Consortium Pool (LTC) - Graphs.htm to local drive

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:17:15 PM

And the stats ARE there, for all to see. (To answer your question "Where the fuck do you expect me to get uptime stats from?)

So now I must conclude that you haven't got a clue either . . . to add to pathological liar and fraud.

Everyone can see with their own eyes how the server abruptly shut down on the 14th and payouts did the same.

You know, you could just fess up to your mistake and incompetence . . . it will be interesting to see if we get payouts once you have new miners hashing again . . .

I dont want any new miners if theyre remotely like you. The server did not shut down. Like people such as Muzzargh have pointed out the p2pool get's killed regularly as its a memory hog and i restart it when i get told.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:21:59 PM

Everyone can see with their own eyes how the server abruptly shut down on the 14th and payouts did the same.

I dont want any new miners if theyre remotely like you. The server did not shut down. Like people such as Muzzargh have pointed out the p2pool get's killed regularly as its a memory hog and i restart it when i get told.

Yeah, right, we know, you're completely lost.

Captain Zero.

Mr. Fraud.

Hurry up now and get to work on deleting those logs. Cheesy

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:56:14 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 07:06:57 PM by HR

Now that I've got real hard data to work with, that is to say that thanks to having the server and web interface back online and that I can access the data, I've been able to confirm against my wallet transactions that expected payouts did indeed continue for a 24 hour period after the stratum shutdown (they do not show on the server side stats however, as would be expected with a shutdown).

Of course, I couldn't confirm that until I had server side data.

If the pool operator knew what he was doing, he would have, should have, stated this and made the data available instead of saying “p2pool pays direct to the user when a block is found”.

All subsequent “dialog” would have been unnecessary.

Let's recap:

I ask if “all payouts due before going offline will be paid?

The correct answer is yes. (Indeed, that is what happened.)

The incorrect answer was the answer given (and this kind of babble to further exacerbate things https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515.msg7913295#msg7913295 , and then insisting that the pool was still operating when it wasn't, etc., etc., giving you the idea that he's simply flipping you the bird - but he wasn't since he was really just trying to find a place to hide).

Everything else after that point was an exercise of one party trying to get at the truth, while the other evaded honest engagement to the point of using intimidation tactics (along with the help of some friends – suggesting that this is the modus operandi for a generalized phenomenon of incompetents running the show).

Instead of saying that so-and-so doesn't understand, or so-and-so is a troll, it would be a much better best practice to be honest and straight forward. Or did anyone really not know how a P2Pool payout really worked? The "answer" was "yes", and the secondary answer was “we will be able to confirm that the payouts happened once we have the pool back online”.

I correct myself, and apologize for calling Ahmed a fraud. A liar he still is since he was caught lying several times. Incompetent? Yes - at least to the point of not knowing how to communicate reality as it applies to a P2Pool, and most probably also to the extent of not really knowing the answer in the first place. He's probably a good person, and I hope I wasn't too hard on him. Calling him a fraud when he was most probably simply ignorant is certainly unfair, and given the new data brought to light, I must retract that statement.

How does one find themselves in the position of being mistaken for a fraudster? Too much insecurity and defensiveness leads to a black hole you can't climb out of. It's always best to be open and honest, especially when you purport to be working on open source projects!

As for everyone who was made to feel very uncomfortable by this exchange, I can only recommend further developing your critical analytical skills – even if you don't have the technical background, logic can still do wonders for your decision making (not to mention reading and understanding the issue to begin with). And expect a little more from yourselves and others than a menial sheeple attitude and existence.

Questions are to be answered, not disdained (or at least answered as best we can with the data available and in a serious manner).

Anyhow, the payouts did continue, for 24 hours after stratum shutdown, exactly how things should work, and exactly what expectations the first answer to the first question should have set.

Hopefully this will be a learning experience for all of us.

foodies123

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:06:24 PM

what the fuck are you smoking boy ? you got 20 people looking at ahmed's feedback page and wondering if they've gone blind/insane, that feedback comment DOES NOT EXIST WHAT THE SHIT ARE YOU READING ?

That's all you got to defend yourselves with? "what the fuck are you smoking"? Can't you do any better than that? Do you think everyone is a complete idiot? I'm amazed by your attitude.

If you can't address the issue, do yourself a favor and don't say anything.

You've got a bitcointalk screenshot (unadulterated - get your experts out to try and suggest otherwise) with his feedback rating and one user's comments staring you in the face with that post.

Brilliant!

So, just what are YOU smoking?

Ok I found it and I take back what I said but still ahmed's trust score is ZERO

ahmed_bodi 0: -0 / +0(0)

ZER-OH ... can you dig it ? why am I talking to you? you're obviously spouting nonsense for ulterior reasons ...

nope
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:10:49 PM

what the fuck are you smoking boy ? you got 20 people looking at ahmed's feedback page and wondering if they've gone blind/insane, that feedback comment DOES NOT EXIST WHAT THE SHIT ARE YOU READING ?

That's all you got to defend yourselves with? "what the fuck are you smoking"? Can't you do any better than that? Do you think everyone is a complete idiot? I'm amazed by your attitude.

You've got a bitcointalk screenshot (unadulterated - get your experts out to try and suggest otherwise) with his feedback rating and one user's comments staring you in the face with that post.

Brilliant!

ZER-OH ... can you dig it ? why am I talking to you? you're obviously spouting nonsense for ulterior reasons ...

It's zero now because I just deleted my negative trust score. Now nothing shows. If before it was showing -6: -1 / +0(0) and now it's nothing and you have an issue with BitCoin Forum's trust algo, get in touch with their admins, okay?

Can you dig it ?

foodies, you need to get more serious. This is BitCoinTalk, not reddit. Wink

neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:17:48 PM

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:32:49 PM

You know you only show just how correct I am with my conclusions about systemic incompetence in the crypto world by posting this kind of thing.

You only show just how insecure and defensive you really are, and if insecure and defensive, it's because you have something to be insecure and defensive about.

I should add juvenile to that since only an infantile mind is incapable of understanding just how much you are shooting yourself in the foot.

I had absolutely no need to share the information I brought to everyone with my last [serious] post. No need what-so-ever. In fact, it was likely to work against my reputation, I knew that, but since I have nothing to be insecure nor defensive about, and since this is supposedly open source and something we do with an open source frame of mind, I brought that new information to the attention of all, so that we could all learn from it, and for the benefit of all.

I can assure you that if the roles had been reversed, none of you would have had the courage to do the same.

That just about says it all, doesn't it?

I've learned that I jumped to the conclusion that someone was being fraudulent when I should have errored on the side of suspecting incompetence (as it turned out to be). In the future, I will be more inclined to think ineptitude before accusing someone of scamming. I've learned that I need to be more patient with the kids.

Have you learned anything at all?

And you, being another member of the "Community volunteers", consider yourself to be prepared and to have the adequate skills to participate in the development of a serious alt-currency?

With posts like the one above?

With posts like the one above you only demonstrate your complete lack of comprehension regarding this misfortunate incident, much less understanding how or why it originates, and even less on how to prevent the same in the future. You show your complete lack of appreciation for what real professionals view as on-the-job, real life, continuing education. I could go on and on, but I'm going to be compassionate and remember what I've learned: we're dealing with systemic ineptitude and the older, more seasoned, better informed, etc., etc., of us need to be patient.

I can’t stress enough your need to mature.

What a shame to see that the Myriad Block Explorer Development and General Contact, and the Social Media and General Contact are such dunces. A damned shame. (And that's not to mention your friend Ahmed . . .) If the rest of the Myriad "team" is anything like you guys, okay, it won't be the immediate end of the world for MYR, but with your mentality and scratch card gimmicks, I doubt very much you'll be around 5 years from now. What a shame. What with MYR's great potential and all . . .

But I guess I'll keep on being patient and working with you. Where else do we have to go? It's the same crap wherever you go in the crypto world. Balanced portfolio? Well, almost, and maybe not. There is one select coin out there (that I know of and am sure about) that is professional, very quiet, and very much under the radar - and we'll have to keep it like that until the accumulation phase is over. Wink

And maybe you'll grow up.

That's always a possibility.

See how I've learned from this! Why not you too?

Add: I will need to downgrade my MYR rating though, or just put MYR on negative watch, yeah, we'll leave you on negative watch for now.

cheers

foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:49:49 PM

Add: I will need to downgrade my MYR rating though, or just put MYR on negative watch, yeah, we'll leave you on negative watch for now.

cheers

what like your personal myr rating or what ? I don't get it it also who's "we" ... and what's negative watch ?

nope
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:54:04 PM

But I guess I'll keep on being patient and working with you. Where else do we have to go? It's the same crap wherever you go in the crypto world. Balanced portfolio? Well, almost, and maybe not. There is one select coin out there (that I know of and am sure about) that is professional, very quiet, and very much under the radar - and we'll have to keep it like that until the accumulation phase is over. Wink

You could go to bitcoin...or litecoin...or ripple...or peercoin...or darkcoin...or vertcoin...or monero...or any damn thing but Sue...err, myriadcoin.

Unless someone is paying you to troll myriad, then I guess you're contractually obligated to remain active in this thread Tongue
killermonkeys

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:47:34 AM

Brilliant!

It's zero now because I just deleted my negative trust score. Now nothing shows. If before it was showing -6: -1 / +0(0) and now it's nothing and you have an issue with BitCoin Forum's trust algo, get in touch with their admins, okay?

Can you dig it ?

foodies, you need to get more serious. This is BitCoinTalk, not reddit. Wink

Hahaha oh man.... was gone for the day and came back to all this entertainment.

HR, really man?

One: You've depicted the voting system incorrectly, then backpedaled on your own negative comments.
Two:  You've demonstrated that you have(rather, had) very little understanding of how P2Pools work.
Three: You've gotten Ahmed to finally post his source for a myr-groestl P2Pool (awesome, thx!)
Four:  You write well.  Well enough in fact to fool the casual readers of this thread.  Yet, you're flat out wrong about Ahmed, and the myr dev team as a whole (pretty shitty move btw).  You're either trolling, or kinda stupid.  You write well however, so I'm going to bet that you're trolling Smiley

I go about my day, and in the back of my mind I'm all like "do di do, I wonder how Polymyr is doing.  I bet the guys are working pretty hard on that shit.  whee!".  I come home, and open the forum to all this shit.  The busy dev with an overflowing plate having to waste time dispelling fud and his credibility.  Getting called a fraud, people being called children... like dafuq?

Reminded me of a song:

"Bankrupt On Selling"

well all the apostles-they're sitting in swings
saying "i'd sell off my savior for a set of new rings
and some sandles with the style of straps that cling best to the era"
so all of the businessers in their unlimited
hell where they buy and they sell and they sell all their
trash to each other but they're sick of it all
and they're bankrupt on selling
and all of the angels
they'd sell off yer soul for a set of new wings and anything gold
they remember
the people they loved their old friends
and i've seen through'em all seen through'em all and seen through most everything
all the people you knew were the actors
all the people you knew were the actors
well, i'll go to college and i'll learn some big words
and i'll talk real loud
goddamn right i'll be heard
you'll remember all the guys that said all those big words he must've
learned in college
and it took a long time
i came clean with myself
i come clean out of love with my lover
i still love her
loved her more when she used to be sober and i was kinder

Forget this mess.  Get back to work:)

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:29:56 AM

MYR looks dead even tho its decent coin

yolo
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:56:00 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 11:10:00 AM by HR

One: You've depicted the voting system incorrectly, then backpedaled on your own negative comments.
Two:  You've demonstrated that you have(rather, had) very little understanding of how P2Pools work.
Three: You've gotten Ahmed to finally post his source for a myr-groestl P2Pool (awesome, thx!)
Four:  You write well.  

One: I never depicted the voting system, and I "backpedaled" like an honorable man when the data showed the payouts.
Two: My understanding of P2Pools was head and shoulders above everyone else, or was there some other reason why nobody could answer my question and more than a couple got the whole issue turned upside down or simply went OT? - my only mistake was doubting whether or not the payouts would continue, and posing the question to, and expecting an answer from, incompetents (and jumping to a premature conclusion, of course).
Three: Ahmed had already decided to post his source (you haven't even done due dilegence on this).
Four: You got one out of four (which means that you're not stupid).

Instead of viewing this kind of thing as "entertainment" that you are so superior to, and way above, you might try taking it seriously. There are a few people who take this whole business seriously, and it's the childlike, yahoo answers board, idiocy that is harming them and seriously handicapping and holding back cryptos. Is this just your fun place to hangout once in a while, or are you looking at this as the serious business it should be? If you were serious, you'd at least have taken the time to sort out the issue and individual responses to the issue . . . of course, that presuposes a working knowledge of P2Pool . . .

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:21:24 AM

You could go to bitcoin...or litecoin...or ripple...or peercoin...or darkcoin...or vertcoin...or monero...or any damn thing but Sue...err, myriadcoin.

Unless someone is paying you to troll myriad, then I guess you're contractually obligated to remain active in this thread Tongue

I've got big issues with all of those coins, from huge technical limitations, to "missing" devs, to omnipotents, to children playing with leggos, etc., all operating under the threat of imminent extinction which only adds to the pressure on their individual pressure points bearing on their collapse. This is an all or nothing game. 90% of coins will be worth nothing in maybe less time than one year, or maybe a little more - the time frame is hard to predict, but the direction they are going has clear and inevitable extrapolations. The point is that the vast majority are heading in the same direction, all copying each other's losing ideas, with very few thinking out of the box, and even fewer really paying attention to the base ethic that is crypto. Do you think someone has a chance in hell of succeeding in creating a viable cryptocurrency if they don't hold to the basic ethos to begin with? Sound like a no-brainer? Why is the majority doing the opposite? And it's almost everywhere you look. So, if you've got capital wrapped up in this "endeavor", you'd be well advised to have it diversified, and some BTC along with some VTC might be good complements to your MYR and GRS holdings, but it just might be that you only have one of those left longer term (the one holding more closely to the main crypto ethic BTW - even if not for the right reasons) so plan accordingly. I mean, look, if you can't even get a straight answer on a P2Pool issue and you're met with aggressiveness and intimidation for asking in the first place, how can you expect that bunch to put together good documentation on the subject, much less operate in a professional manner (the best payout description I could find for everyone, after I was incorrectly told it didn't work that way and that I should go away, was the description I posted from a BitCoin Forum thread!) That's the real state of Crypto (and you can even send that to Nobel  Grin ).

primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:46:42 AM

I too believe ahmed is a scammer.

He has been supposedly working on and announcing MAMAMP (polymyr) since March yet nothing has been released yet.
Thats 5 months my friends. Long term con in progress right here!
smokefirexx

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:17:56 PM

I've got big issues with all of those coins, from huge technical limitations, to "missing" devs, to omnipotents, to children playing with leggos, etc., all operating under the threat of imminent extinction which only adds to the pressure on their individual pressure points bearing on their collapse. This is an all or nothing game. 90% of coins will be worth nothing in maybe less time than one year, or maybe a little more - the time frame is hard to predict, but the direction they are going has clear and inevitable extrapolations. The point is that the vast majority are heading in the same direction, all copying each other's losing ideas, with very few thinking out of the box, and even fewer really paying attention to the base ethic that is crypto. Do you think someone has a chance in hell of succeeding in creating a viable cryptocurrency if they don't hold to the basic ethos to begin with? Sound like a no-brainer? Why is the majority doing the opposite? And it's almost everywhere you look. So, if you've got capital wrapped up in this "endeavor", you'd be well advised to have it diversified, and some BTC along with some VTC might be good complements to your MYR and GRS holdings, but it just might be that you only have one of those left longer term (the one holding more closely to the main crypto ethic BTW - even if not for the right reasons) so plan accordingly. I mean, look, if you can't even get a straight answer on a P2Pool issue and you're met with aggressiveness and intimidation for asking in the first place, how can you expect that bunch to put together good documentation on the subject, much less operate in a professional manner (the best payout description I could find for everyone, after I was incorrectly told it didn't work that way and that I should go away, was the description I posted from a BitCoin Forum thread!) That's the real state of Crypto (and you can even send that to Nobel  Grin ).

Wow look another guy whining about the state of crypto but knows everything about crypto. Go make your own perfect coin bruh.
Whats is the point of your posts btw? I read through them and it just seemed to me that you're spewing your worthless opinions into thin air.
You've got issues with coins? I bet we all do, however instead of writing some bullshit opinion on dis and dat, why dont you go do something constructive?
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: