Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:29:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][C2.1] Coin2 | Pow/PoS | ChainOfConflict[FPS] The Future of Gaming is Now  (Read 499702 times)
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:02:04 PM

ahh, ok I understand. yeah that is how a lot of things people do. only use the tomato and lettuce, and leave the real meat out.  make sense.
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 446
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:09:37 PM

Ok I've been quiet mostly for a few days thinking about this, don't know what the rest of the board thinks really, but its my opinion mintpal does have some kinda responsibility to this. Wouldn't if the network was getting attacked, mintpal should have noticed on day #1. Instead, they ignored it or knew about it, and it went on for 3 days. I've been a little out of it a few days so I picked up bits and pieces of what went down, mintpal doesn't really affect me as I have nothing there and wasn't excited about them to begin with. Now thought from what I hear, we were attacked, and now they are holding your C2 until they are compensated, saying they aren't held responsible for what happened that someone attacked and the devs are... 

So we have a dev whose commitment is wobbling and a board that don't speak to each other.

This isn't an attack on any individual in particular but somebody really needs to get their hands around this thing. People need to start communicating with each other.

A board is supposed to have meetings and come to a consensus.

Does this ever or has this ever happened?

If not why not?

We talk all day every day.

Fair enough. I misinterpreted the gist of the comment then. My bad.  

Of course you misinterpreted the gist of the comment, you have been here saying the same thing over and over and over again the same exact thing.

then you bold a tiny bit of text, completely take it out of its context and then argue the same point you have been arguing for days. just because that single half sentence is related to the message you are "trying" to get across

say what? LOL! Wink

Kingarb wrote this :

Ok I've been quiet mostly for a few days thinking about this, don't know what the rest of the board thinks really, but its my opinion mintpal does have some kinda responsibility to this. Wouldn't if the network was getting attacked, mintpal should have noticed on day #1. Instead, they ignored it or knew about it, and it went on for 3 days. I've been a little out of it a few days so I picked up bits and pieces of what went down, mintpal doesn't really affect me as I have nothing there and wasn't excited about them to begin with. Now thought from what I hear, we were attacked, and now they are holding your C2 until they are compensated, saying they aren't held responsible for what happened that someone attacked and the devs are... 

Then glen decided that out of all that paragraph , to only use "don't know what the rest of the board thinks really" his whole conclusion and arugement was based off of 10 words of the whole paragraph. He didn't misinterpret he flat out ignored everything except those 10 words and drew his own conclusion from that

Mmm. When one board member says he doesn't know what the other board members think, that tends to make me believe that the said board member doesn't know what the other board members think. The rest of the post is irrelevant to my point as the Mintpal stuff is King's opinion. My post was only related to the dynamic between the board.

This gives me cause for concern, especially after Joel's comments that he is close to walking away from the whole project.

I'm not sure if this is getting off track so to speak but I consider these things important.

Anyway, I have since been reassured by a trusted member of the community that this is not the case and on further reading realise I have probably read more into than was intended.

@KingArbin. I never said you had lost trust in C2 and I certainly wasn't questioning your commitment to the project.
zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:13:49 PM

your also have to remember all the board members are spread out all over. and some live in different time zones. so keeping a constent communication is not as easy as if they worked on it from a giving time point. they do have outside lives they have to deal with too. every job has its down time, they cant be 24/7 and should not have too. you can only burn the lantern so much. before you need to replenish the fuel.
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 446
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:34:33 PM

your also have to remember all the board members are spread out all over. and some live in different time zones. so keeping a constent communication is not as easy as if they worked on it from a giving time point. they do have outside lives they have to deal with too. every job has its down time, they cant be 24/7 and should not have too. you can only burn the lantern so much. before you need to replenish the fuel.

I see your point and it's a fair one. However, I would say that when something has the potential to have a market cap of 10s of millions of dollars, as I firmly believe this coin has, a more professional and organised structure would be a valuable asset to have and I will keep digging my elbows into the ribs of those in control to try to make it happen.

zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:16:08 AM

I'm sure when things get better and stronger. many of us including Joel and the board might be able to be full time on the coin2 yet its not easy to give up a current stable job on a unstable crypto market.  I myself only have my photography business at the moment and no family. so I have a lot of time to spend on doing all this. which i have been. Smiley 

minesuch

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:29:40 AM

Hey all,

I haven't been around much since the last attack but I'll say again what I said last time:

There are NOT 20 mil coins lost, nor were there 20 mil new/fake coins created in the attack. Do you guys even know what a "double spend" is?

Whats happened is, the attacker kept spending coins (Coin2.0) he didn't have by sending them to Mintpal, let's say 1mil at a time, exchanged them for BTC on the market, withdrew the BTC, then altered the Coin2.0 blockchain so it didn't reflect the Coin2.0 deposit, rinse and repeat until Mintpal had lost 20 million Coin2.0's worth of BITCOIN.

This is exactly what happened last time with Bittrex, Bter and Poloniex and we had to make a new coin with extra supply to "refund" the exchanges. At that time, everyone said how nice it was that they helped with the transition. FUCK THAT then and FUCK THAT now!

Mintpal haven't lost any Coin2.0, they've lost a load of their own and their customers Bitcoin and they expect us to pay for their mistake.

Wake up sheeple!!!!
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:46:44 AM

Hey all,

I haven't been around much since the last attack but I'll say again what I said last time:
There are  20 mil coins lost, nor were there 20 mil new/fake coins created in the attack. Do you guys even know what a "double spend" is?

Whats happened is, the attacker kept spending coins (Coin2.0) he didn't have by sending them to Mintpal, let's say 1mil at a time, exchanged them for BTC on the market, withdrew the BTC, then altered the Coin2.0 blockchain so it didn't reflect the Coin2.0 deposit, rinse and repeat until Mintpal had lost 20 million Coin2.0's worth of BITCOIN.

This is exactly what happened last time with Bittrex, Bter and Poloniex and we had to make a new coin with extra supply to "refund" the exchanges. At that time, everyone said how nice it was that they helped with the transition. FUCK THAT then and FUCK THAT now!

Mintpal haven't lost any Coin2.0, they've lost a load of their own and their customers Bitcoin and they expect us to pay for their mistake.

Wake up sheeple!!!!

it is almost same thing!

if no one take care of it. we will stuck here!

they are short of coin2 to ppl bought fake coin2.

we need to make these coin2 either buy make more coin2 or get from other community members.

let me state again:  how about this

1. all account of mintpal with C2 shall be deducted certain percentage of C2
2. all top100 (of course we have to remove exchanges from the list, that make top97 or top96) open a new account on mintpal, and shall be deducted % from them

i don't know if it works or not. but anyway please do not cause any quarrels with exchanges. that will not help any more.

joel will make a new coin with 60 million amount, but no way to cover the lost.

so devs please enlighten us.

thanks for all your hard work
minesuch

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:51:06 AM

Hey all,

There are  20 mil coins lost, nor were there 20 mil new/fake coins created in the attack. Do you guys even know what a "double spend" is?

Wake up sheeple!!!!

it is almost same thing!

we need to make these coin2 either buy make more coin2 or get from other community members.

let me state again:  how about this

2. all top100 (of course we have to remove exchanges from the list, that make top97 or top96) open a new account on mintpal, and shall be deducted % from them

i don't know if it works or not. but anyway please do not cause any quarrels with exchanges. that will not help any more.

Are you fucking dumb?! Read my post again. THERE ARE NO FAKE COIN2.0!!!
minesuch

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:55:27 AM

Just so everyone's clear, the attacker doesn't care for Coin2.0 and never has. Coin2.0 was just a vehicle, the means, to orchestrate an attack to gain BITCOINS. He doesn't hold any more Coin2.0 than he had to start with but he's laughing all the way to the bank with the BITCOINS he stole from MINTPAL.

The Coin2.0 community hasn't lost anything, MINTPAL have. Suck it up MP!   Sad

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:03:00 AM

Hey all,

There are  20 mil coins lost, nor were there 20 mil new/fake coins created in the attack. Do you guys even know what a "double spend" is?

Wake up sheeple!!!!

it is almost same thing!

let me state again:  how about this

you are a fucking dumb few days ago, denying there is a double spend, now trying to educate ppl here

there is no need to explain what double spend is now! most ppl followed the thread these days.

we just want a solution.

most guys here want to stay on mintpal for large volume and awareness.

remember how hard we try to land on mintpal.

zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:09:59 AM

lately I have heard that mintpal and cryptsy are coin killers from many other people in the cryp world. yet I have yet to form my own opinion.
Ximp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:10:45 AM

Everybody stay calm, the dev team is working on a new version of the coin. All will be made good. Nobody will lose out Smiley
minesuch

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:10:53 AM

Hey all,

There are  20 mil coins lost, nor were there 20 mil new/fake coins created in the attack. Do you guys even know what a "double spend" is?

Wake up sheeple!!!!

it is almost same thing!

let me state again:  how about this

you are a fucking dumb few days ago, denying there is a double spend, now trying to educate ppl here

there is no need to explain what double spend is!

we just want a solution.

most guys here want to stay on mintpal for large volume and awareness.

remember how hard we try to land on mintpal.

You must have me confused with someone else mate, I haven't posted in this thread for weeks.

That said, would you like me to draw you a nice big picture with bright colours in crayon so that you can understand what happened here? That way, you might not embarrass yourself when you speak in future.
TitaniumPlays

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:36:54 AM

Hey all,

There are NOT 20 mil coins lost, nor were there 20 mil new/fake coins created in the attack. Do you guys even know what a "double spend" is?

Wake up sheeple!!!!

too bad I missed your post the first time you posted it.
This is exactly what I have been thinking.
Remember the price dropping on heavy volume from 1200 - 300 in a day or 2?
Everyone was wondering if the Developer was dumping coins....lol.
Turns out it was a 51% attack. Transaction Malleability of some sort?
Either way, the dumping from the attack was the exchange of C2 into BTC.
Mintpal is holding my coins on my behalf but wont let them go. they have lost BTC due to their low C2 confirmation # risky security measures.
Now we are left to figure out how to pick up and move on. We just need to figure out how to do so.
I have 2.2mill c2 on mintpal.

I believe Joel will find a most suitable solution.
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:40:10 AM

guys, once we see Joel, we will ask him to post and update.

thanks for your patience...

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
tempox

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:55:40 AM

Everybody stay calm, the dev team is working on a new version of the coin. All will be made good. Nobody will lose out Smiley
Thank you !
alivecrypto

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:18:16 AM

INSTRUCTIONS:

IF YOUR COINS ARE ON AN EXCHANGE, LEAVE THEM THERE!  THE EXCHANGE WILL SWITCH THEM OVER.

IF YOUR COINS ARE IN YOUR WALLET, READ BELOW.

1. Send a screenshot of your wallet including date and time. 
2. Include a copy/paste of your old wallet address and copy/paste of new wallet address.  ( Obviously as soon as you have the new wallet.)

I will notify everyone when the new wallet is ready.  Thank you.

When we need to send screenshot of our wallet?
I have everything clear in my wallet. I changed my coins and send it to my wallet from exchange and latter on i send 200K in mintpal and i have 100K+ in my wallet still remaining so i will juet leave my Mintpal coins there and when i am going to send my wallet screenshot and where?
Will be happy to be updated.
Thanks

nrigo

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:29:04 AM

INSTRUCTIONS:

IF YOUR COINS ARE ON AN EXCHANGE, LEAVE THEM THERE!  THE EXCHANGE WILL SWITCH THEM OVER.

IF YOUR COINS ARE IN YOUR WALLET, READ BELOW.

1. Send a screenshot of your wallet including date and time.  
2. Include a copy/paste of your old wallet address and copy/paste of new wallet address.  ( Obviously as soon as you have the new wallet.)

I will notify everyone when the new wallet is ready.  Thank you.

When we need to send screenshot of our wallet?
I have everything clear in my wallet. I changed my coins and send it to my wallet from exchange and latter on i send 200K in mintpal and i have 100K+ in my wallet still remaining so i will juet leave my Mintpal coins there and when i am going to send my wallet screenshot and where?
Will be happy to be updated.
Thanks
Coins will be exchanged again after a second attack.

Leave your 200k coins at MintPal (deposits and withdrawals are frozen).

Please wait for the new wallet and for detailed instructions.

alanpar

Activity: 382
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:34:43 AM

Hello ... but this is the second change?  Huh
I had already changed from C2 to NC2... now from NC2 to...?  Huh
alivecrypto

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:44:57 AM

Hello ... but this is the second change?  Huh
I had already changed from C2 to NC2... now from NC2 to...?  Huh
Now from NC2 to N S 2  Grin Grin Grin N Never S See 2 To This Coin Again  Grin Grin Fucked my coin and even my extra Btc´s
Waiting for some information how to solve.

Pages: « 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 557 »
  Print  

Jump to: