Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:20:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5401 times)
gunhell16

Activity: 1680
Merit: 475

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:45:46 PM

Not all ICO and exchanger requires KYC, there are only some of them.
KYC is required on some platform or project to make sure that the people participating will not be from any restricted country.
If they will let a citizen of a particular country it will give them a big problem.
Though doing KYC is really dangerous especially to those SCAM ICO.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cowardlyleo

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:53:28 PM

yes, it depends on the project, but nowadays more and more ico requires you to identify your identity as an investor
Saugani

Activity: 672
Merit: 35

#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 01:31:46 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2018, 02:08:25 PM by Saugani

I think that this is a necessary stage. Verification is a method of protection and a means of verifying the identity. Now there are cases of fraud and deception, so KYC is a guarantee of security
I glad your mr, nice statement  Wink
Is it safe for we (hunters) ?

I thought if I wanted to follow bounty just on social media is not good because we also have to know what token value for each hunter's is worth after the campaign over. I'm a little confused once there an obscure campaign required KYC  I think safe it play to speculation. so far I just followed the (evident proof) but it's a simple KYC..its just a selfie and used the name of project

What do you think next time regarding the campaign should be its KYC?

oriontab

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 01:34:39 PM

It is a huge possibility that many that do request for kyc are scams or may not really need to collect such, but there are a couple of others just trying to be safe as far as government regulations are concerned
sulis sudibyo

Activity: 882
Merit: 11

Volare.network

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 01:43:47 PM

so that cryptocurrency can be accepted by the whole world, KYC is needed. and in my opinion this is a good step so that Crypto can be better in the future.

───[  Volare.Network  ]───
─────────────[  The First Commercial Blockchain Network from EQBR Technology  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    mVOLR AIRDROP    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:55:51 PM

In my opinion, the КYC procedure is only needed in ICO projects, in all other cases it is simply not needed! I do not trust the projects that use the KYC procedure for airdrops, bounty campaigns and other actions!
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:14:17 PM

In my opinion, the КYC procedure is only needed in ICO projects, in all other cases it is simply not needed! I do not trust the projects that use the KYC procedure for airdrops, bounty campaigns and other actions!
Well i think that you have to study well and i also have think that it was safe but as what you said yes it is needed simply by other cases as well, well more study to understand this before you have to make a decision for it.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:16:16 PM

KYC, you also understand that this is a procedure that should really remove developers who want to withdraw all money from the crypto-currency sphere, but most importantly, why remove them from there? What for?
dgoswami12
Copper Member

Activity: 253
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 04:26:04 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
Yes ICO s require KYC according to me. You can give them simply a driving licence or national id. I dont think that will be too harmfull. Most of the ICO s require kyc because some specific countries dont allow its people ti take part in ICO . So how can a company know about their investors without a document , and for thar reason they can be in some legal problem in future. But you also have to do your own research . Recently many fraud icos in market , you need to take care of it also.

Neutro             ❱❱❱  More than a blockchain
dawai asmara

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:40:45 PM

Well i think that you have to study well and i also have think that it was safe but as what you said yes it is needed simply by other cases as well, well more study to understand this before you have to make a decision for it.
this is one way to minimize the multy account so that I also support it, it's just that I don't agree if the procedure is too privacy. it's better to apply more general procedures such as identity photos, I think that's enough.
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:45:18 PM

No KYC is not required.  It's an information grab.  Your data is very valuable and can be sold.  Especially if the project fails and they want to make a quick cash grab.  

KYC is ruining Crypto and may be one of the reasons ICO's are struggling.  Anyone with any common sense at all will not send personal documents over the internet.  It just doesn't make sense to do so.  Especially when the ICO's crash immediately after launching on an exchange.  Just avoid all KYC projects and eventually KYC will die.  

Once your name is attached with your Public wallet address and we no longer have fiat you will be a tax slave for the rest of your life.   I'm sure your greed will blind you however please consider what happens when the government can monitor every transaction you make.  

Some has to deal with some certain regulations, so it is not the only reason for kyc procedure.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
Mr.Freeman

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:04:27 PM

I think that the provision of your personal information, in the first place, is necessary in order to avoid fraud. Otherwise, I certainly agree. I do not understand why you need any information when buying a token. The same thing happens on stock exchanges. Crypto currency is not legalized, but requires documents. By and large, the rights, only in the pursuit of earnings people will not stop doing this and will provide other people's documents.

Mikell556

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:24:00 PM

Many people say that crypto currency is an independent and anonymous means of payment. Why then pass the KYC identification when investing in some coins? Do you see any contradictions here? I understand when the KYC is needed for bounty campaigns to avoid multi-accounts. But why is it necessary to invest?
cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:25:28 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

I personally had not supported the idea of giving our personal details for strangers in the name of KYC, however many of the bounty mangers had insisted we should do KYC before payment is done,so we had no option because we needed our bounty payment.
Folajuwon56
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 07:32:04 PM

Know your customer (KYC) is been used in crypto to know details about the people participating in a particular campaign. But in my own views, I guess it should be used for the investors and not the bounty hunters.

crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 07:33:14 PM

KYC is a great distress. And it is very suspicious for me that ICO projects that don't have a legal background request our information for KYC. I think that a project should be avoided when it demands for KYC. Information theft is a big problem.
SaRmY

Activity: 645

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:48:04 PM

I think that companies using KYC in bounty and airdrop  for prevent with multi-accounts. But probably someone using KYC to collect your personal data
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:53:55 PM

KYC is a very controversial topic! Ideologically, it shouldn't be required because crypto is based on the libertarian foundations!
However, in order to function in the current world frame, it is required!
Kinda greyish!
kaizerwald75

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:59:59 PM

KYC in crypto, does it really require? Yes, I think it is neccessary for us to verify. It make us more safety in the crypto world due to illegal thing in many countries. Another way, it run on high technology background, so hackers and scammers are a lot.
Gabri

Activity: 856
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:06:37 PM

After reading many posts on the forum related to KYC, I am fully decided to abandon such projects. My data is very important to me and I do not like that one day they will be sold to someone. Yes, this is a good protection against fraud on the forum, but now it is easy to find on the Internet documents for the KYC procedure, I know several channels in the telegram, where such documents are sold for 10, so I do not see any sense in this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: