Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where do you expect to see EduCoin being used?
MOOCs and online
College/University
K-12
Crowdfunding / scholarships
Study abroad
Daily student expenses
Other

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EDU] EduCoin | Blockchain Platform for Education  (Read 170104 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcoinreviews

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:57:36 PM

perhaps some of the hackathon participants could assist

The last post here was really 5 days ago . . ?

How are you trying to attract talent? Maybe we can help . . .
multiinone

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:11:17 PM

any news for the EDU 2.0 ?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:04:00 AM

I was originally turned on to EDU coin by user bitcoinreviews(thanks Smiley)

Just checked out the website....very powerful stuff!
In a time when scam coins with nothing to offer are released daily EDUcoin has the opportunity to shine. The moment is now, seize it!

Devs: get with the program and find the talent to move this coin to the next level. Honestly for a few BTC you can get a couple devs to make the switch to X13. When the code is ready, you could reach out to Busoni@poloniex...I bet his team would review the code for free. disclaimer: this is not guaranteed but worth a shot.

Timeline: you have about 4 weeks to change the algo before the huge scrypt asic machines are released. We are talking 750 mh/s miners that will decimate the coin and efforts of all miners before them. If you truly believe in EDU you should move mountains in the next 4 weeks to get the algo switched to anything but scrypt.

Looking forward to the future...
fushy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:08:17 AM

perhaps some of the hackathon participants could assist

The last post here was really 5 days ago . . ?

How are you trying to attract talent? Maybe we can help . . .

On the edu website it said hackathons had been held so i was just wondering if any participants in those had skills to contribute
fushy

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:24:17 AM

In a time when scam coins with nothing to offer are released daily EDUcoin has the opportunity to shine. The moment is now, seize it!

Devs: get with the program and find the talent to move this coin to the next level. Honestly for a few BTC you can get a couple devs to make the switch to X13. When the code is ready, you could reach out to Busoni@poloniex...I bet his team would review the code for free. disclaimer: this is not guaranteed but worth a shot.

Timeline: you have about 4 weeks to change the algo before the huge scrypt asic machines are released. We are talking 750 mh/s miners that will decimate the coin and efforts of all miners before them. If you truly believe in EDU you should move mountains in the next 4 weeks to get the algo switched to anything but scrypt.

Would they do it for a bounty of educoins? Dunno if the dev (Edumoto) would spend btc, but we'll wait and see if so
bitcoinreviews

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:20:04 PM

The Development Fund is over 50-million EDU.

Nothing new to report regarding the update to X13. The community activity is greatly appreciated, however, we have not yet attracted the necessary development talent we hoped to attract.  This is a long term process.

Edumoto

I just added 50 more million coin to the fund.

Cheers,
bitcoinreviews

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:26:52 PM

I 2nd this and glad your here!
mshanthi

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:42:46 PM

Donated 50M for the development fund. Honestly i am loosing focus here and so do the community.
Hope things will turn around in few weeks.
EduCoin (OP)

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:17:47 AM

Good to read your comments. Currently, we are passing the stated deadline without much progress toward forking to X13. This is not exactly a terrible outcome, although I fully understand CryptoJohn's urgency. I agree that we should make changes soon.

Thank you mshanthi, fushy, and bitcoinreviews for your generous contributions. I encourage others to also consider ways they can get their EDU grants into the hands of students in their communities and around the world.

-Edumoto
mshanthi

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:53:18 PM

Karma coin did the conversion from scrypt to X11....we can ask for help. If we don't make any progress this is eventually going to die. I am sorry to say that.

If the Developers can't make it happen...let the community step up and take control.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:01:54 PM

Curious if http://edu.multi-pool.eu/ is run by coin dev?

If so, is there a way to pass a variable to server to adjust miner difficulty? Miners at home hash away without issue but miners hosted @ GAWminers return almost a 1:1 accept/error when mining on above stated pool.

I've mined other coins where I can add "_diffxxx" to worker name to adjust difficulty manually. "user.worker_diff512" for example

Thanks,
john
EduCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:59:38 AM

Curious if http://edu.multi-pool.eu/ is run by coin dev?

If so, is there a way to pass a variable to server to adjust miner difficulty? Miners at home hash away without issue but miners hosted @ GAWminers return almost a 1:1 accept/error when mining on above stated pool.

I've mined other coins where I can add "_diffxxx" to worker name to adjust difficulty manually. "user.worker_diff512" for example

Thanks,
john

Hi John,

We do not control that pool.

Edumoto
EduCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:03:35 AM

Karma coin did the conversion from scrypt to X11....we can ask for help. If we don't make any progress this is eventually going to die. I am sorry to say that.

If the Developers can't make it happen...let the community step up and take control.

In regards to getting help, I encourage any of our community to communicate with others and develop leads, resources, and talent. This is what communities do best, and I will contribute wherever I can.

Edumoto
mshanthi

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:35:09 PM

In regards to getting help, I encourage any of our community to communicate with others and develop leads, resources, and talent. This is what communities do best, and I will contribute wherever I can.

Edumoto

Hi Edumoto,

The community is ready to help in every possible way but not without knowing where we are heading. You have to open up and let us know how for we have made in the EDU2.0 and how much time is needed. If the DEV team is not doing anything or waiting for someone to step up...you need to communicate that.
EDU2.0; is that going to be a just a dream or reality?

Thanks.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:58:03 PM

Just stumbled on this

Good concept!

maltrox

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:28:13 PM

Well, I think Edu 2.0 is a good project.

But I don't like the swap coin rate. Edu is reducing the monetary mass only 10 times, but you are punishing the previous owners with a 20 times less value...

Of course, you are basing that decission on the 5,000 billion coins reserved, but for old owners is like if they were mining a 200 billion coin since the begining... xD

Then, for earlier adopters is not exactly the best deal...
mshanthi

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:12:21 AM

Dear Community,

Are we still trying vote in Mintpal?
mshanthi

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:38:12 AM

Dear Community,

Can we post a bounty on reddit for someone to help our DEV team with the conversion from Scrypt to X11?
If you all agree what would be your contribution.

Thanks.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:29:42 AM

Dear Community,

Can we post a bounty on reddit for someone to help our DEV team with the conversion from Scrypt to X11?
If you all agree what would be your contribution.

Thanks.

i will commit 50M EDU to the conversion. I'd like to see others step up big time as well. Of course we are talking public wallet address and transparency but as stated count me in for 50M.

I challenge all holders of EDU to commit 10% of their total EDU. We either make a big investment or we get stuck holding a bag of shit.

IMHO and I've stated this before, EDU is a coin concept that aims to improve the world through education.

No other coin can even begin to claim any purpose outside of b.s. claims of anon(true anonymity does not exist), long term economic speculation or short term scams.

EDU brings more to the table than most alts out there but an algo switch, although not required, is a big deal and it needs to happen asap.

How about someone open a google docs spreadsheet to track EDU commitments?

Just noticed pool is down Sad Whats the deal?
mshanthi

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:22:14 PM

Pool is down and block explorer is down.

I need huge commitment from the community and from the lead developer as well before i go and ask for help.

Edumoto and DEV team: we all know you guys are working hard but its not happening. I need your consent as well in order to go out and seek help.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: