Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:27:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PIG] Piggycoin old Thread.  (Read 103997 times)
novaboy2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:27:55 PM

So what happens to the 1% premine? cut the total supply and keep the premine based off the original? That would be a scam.

I don't see any innovation at all, just another scam shit coin.

Big annoucement coming!!!!! lol okay zeta. announcing announcements is retarded.

We will reduce the premine to 5 millions guys, calm down.
1% of this new % of coins.

How will you dispose of the coins that are already pre-mined?

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:30:02 PM

So what happens to the 1% premine? cut the total supply and keep the premine based off the original? That would be a scam.

I don't see any innovation at all, just another scam shit coin.

Big annoucement coming!!!!! lol okay zeta. announcing announcements is retarded.

We will reduce the premine to 5 millions guys, calm down.
1% of this new % of coins.

How many of the original premine have been spent? Can't get those back. Not liking this one.

Besides the premine potential scam, are there any innovative plans for this coin?
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:32:10 PM

How many of the original premine have been spent? Can't get those back. Not liking this one.

Besides the premine potential scam, are there any innovative plans for this coin?

any innovative plans for the coin, why dont you read the thread and see for yourself ... there's an actual long-term plan for this coin!

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:34:09 PM

any innovative plans for the coin, why dont you read the thread and see for yourself ... there's an actual long-term plan for this coin!

Hmm I don't see anything innovative. Good luck though man. Watch out for the premine scam. Hopefully the devs will be transparent about this but not mentioning anything about it until someone pipes up is sketchy.
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:38:06 PM

Hmm I don't see anything innovative. Good luck though man. Watch out for the premine scam. Hopefully the devs will be transparent about this but not mentioning anything about it until someone pipes up is sketchy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144158.0

We are doing it that way I'm doing an youtube video right now, just wait a bit Smiley

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:39:18 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144158.0

We are doing it that way I'm doing an youtube video right now, just wait a bit Smiley

Great thanks man, looking forward to it.
novaboy2k

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:50:39 PM

Wow What a huge dump that was!

willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:58:58 PM

BEFORE YOU READ THIS PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PIGGYBANK TO VERSION 1.4

Too long, I’m not in the mood to read this: Piggycoin is going PoS with multipool at launch, cutting the supply by 1/4 and adding x11 to the rest of the PoW. You will need to exchange your old coins.

Hey piggycoin community! First of all I wanna thank you all for staying on our side for this 3 months, it’s been a crazy ride!
Big changes are coming our way and the dev team wants everybody on the same boat so we will explain what’s gonna happen, why it’s happen and when it’s gonna happen!
The first big change is PoS, for those not familiar with it, proof of stake is another way of security our piggy network, this means “mining” as we know it won’t exist anymore and guess what? With PoS you will be able to win piggycoins just by leaving your Piggybank open! We won’t enter in many details on how this works because we don’t wanna occupy the whole page but if you want details of how much you’re gonna win we can give you the number: 15% of what you have for each year you leave it in your Piggybank!
And what if I want to keep using my computer to mine Piggycoins? This is not a problem, you will be able to do so with a slightly different method, as announced before Piggycoin will have a multipool, this is a place where you mine other coins and they are automatically sold for piggycoin.
Important: to become PoS in a secure way the piggycoin team decided to change blockchain. This means you will need to change your old piggycoins for the new ones, but don’t worry we are working to make this a really simple process.
The second big change coming is a reduction to the number of maximum coins piggy will have, in the beginning we aimed to have 2.1 billion coins and with this update only 500 millions coins will ever exist. This means the coins you have are 4 times rarer! Isn’t that great?

For better understanding of this messy plan we built a timeline:

Awesome, bought some more piggies, I'm really happy with this dev team ... this coin will break the top 20 soon Smiley

sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:02:56 PM

What about the pigs on the exchange (the coins I mean  Grin )... Do I just leave them there and the exchange does the changeover?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
novaboy2k

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:03:48 PM

Too long, I’m not in the mood to read this: Piggycoin is going PoS with multipool at launch, cutting the supply by 1/4 and adding x11 to the rest of the PoW. You will need to exchange your old coins.

Hey piggycoin community! First of all I wanna thank you all for staying on our side for this 3 months, it’s been a crazy ride!
Big changes are coming our way and the dev team wants everybody on the same boat so we will explain what’s gonna happen, why it’s happen and when it’s gonna happen!
The first big change is PoS, for those not familiar with it, proof of stake is another way of security our piggy network, this means “mining” as we know it won’t exist anymore and guess what? With PoS you will be able to win piggycoins just by leaving your Piggybank open! We won’t enter in many details on how this works because we don’t wanna occupy the whole page but if you want details of how much you’re gonna win we can give you the number: 15% of what you have for each year you leave it in your Piggybank!
And what if I want to keep using my computer to mine Piggycoins? This is not a problem, you will be able to do so with a slightly different method, as announced before Piggycoin will have a multipool, this is a place where you mine other coins and they are automatically sold for piggycoin.
Important: to become PoS in a secure way the piggycoin team decided to change blockchain. This means you will need to change your old piggycoins for the new ones, but don’t worry we are working to make this a really simple process.
The second big change coming is a reduction to the number of maximum coins piggy will have, in the beginning we aimed to have 2.1 billion coins and with this update only 500 millions coins will ever exist. This means the coins you have are 4 times rarer! Isn’t that great?

Awesome, bought some more piggies, I'm really happy with this dev team ... this coin will break the top 20 soon Smiley

So all that happened today really was the 1.4 wallet update, which stops the network from mining any more coins up to 250mill coin?

And on the 10th of the 6th it goes x11, where 250mil coins are mined in one week?

And then on the 17th, POS and multipool start right?

piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:05:36 PM

So all that happened today really was the 1.4 wallet update, which stops the network from mining any more coins up to 250mill coin?

And on the 10th of the 6th it goes x11, where 250mil coins are mined in one week?

Yup. I can't start a new blockchain without announcing it first xD

The crypto for kids!
willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:08:13 PM

I assumed it would stop at 250 million coins, and then the POS would start to 'mine' the last 250 million coins?

250 million coins mined in 1 week?  

If it reaches 500 million after x11, where do the POS coins come from?  so the total supply is still 2.1 billion?

novaboy2k

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:15:22 PM

Yeh i couldn't get my head around that one

piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:26:03 PM

I assumed it would stop at 250 million coins, and then the POS would start to 'mine' the last 250 million coins?

If it reaches 500 million after x11, where do the POS coins come from?  so the total supply is still 2.1 billion?

The PoS will keep giving interest on those 500M coins. 15% to be exact.

The crypto for kids!
novaboy2k

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:37:48 PM

Ok thanks for clearing that up!

Still very risky for people to be investing now, someone is putting 1,200,000 sell orders at the current price, just after the ann... This is fishy. But hey no risk no reward!

And we will see if you are true to your word if and when the x11 starts and pos.

piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:40:51 PM

Ok thanks for clearing that up!

Still very risky for people to be investing now, someone is putting 1,200,000 sell orders at the current price, just after the ann... This is fishy. But hey no risk no reward!

And we will see if you are true to your word if and when the x11 starts and pos.

I shall also remember that the next pow and furure pos will start on a chain. Not sure if I wad clear about that

The crypto for kids!
minerfool

Activity: 251

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:43:38 PM

In my opinion, there should be some future cap,

so 500MM POW cap with 15% inflation each year as POS?

this will slowly erode price like dogecoin ... maybe cap at 1 billion with POS decreasing each year until maybe 1% per year?

Auna

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:12:34 PM

This or these devs seem to be the most dedicated devs I have ever seen. That is one important thing to keep in mind. I am 100% with u guys and I am holding my pigs! Keep up the great work! Keep us informed (as you have done)  Smiley
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:30:27 PM

In my opinion, there should be some future cap,

so 500MM POW cap with 15% inflation each year as POS?

this will slowly erode price like dogecoin ... maybe cap at 1 billion with POS decreasing each year until maybe 1% per year?

or better yet, cut off POW around 400MM with the remaining 100MM POS 'minted' decreasing each year

5% - year 1
4% - year 2
3% - year 3
2% - year 4
1% - year 5+ (1% each year forever would give a stable supply for lost coins, passwords, etc ...)

this could have your essential 500MM cap with POS included.

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 02:08:46 AM

This or these devs seem to be the most dedicated devs I have ever seen. That is one important thing to keep in mind. I am 100% with u guys and I am holding my pigs! Keep up the great work! Keep us informed (as you have done)  Smiley

I have to agree with this.  Not too many coins you can say have as much activity and dedication as the Piggy Dev(s).  Keep up the good work!

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: