Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:29:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PIG] Piggycoin old Thread.  (Read 103998 times)
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 06:59:56 PM

And btw guys, piggy.chickenstrips.net is having a drawing competition. The best drawing of a piggy wins 10,000 PIG and will become their official logo! This contest will only be available for the first 20 drawings so you have to be quick.
Is the site down?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:09:20 PM

And btw guys, piggy.chickenstrips.net is having a drawing competition. The best drawing of a piggy wins 10,000 PIG and will become their official logo! This contest will only be available for the first 20 drawings so you have to be quick.
Is the site down?

On it.

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
deathmul

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:15:59 PM

Taking into consideration max number of Piggycoins, coins already mined and great development team with unusual idea, value on PIGs should oscilate near 1xxx-5xxx satoshi.

Waiting for todays great news Wink PIG is better than DOGE!

icanprogram

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:17:59 PM

Hi everyone,

Chickenstrips has been under massive attack for about 14 hours now.
It started out as a stratum attack, poisoning the pool with lots of invalid shares.
I was able to mitigate that by blocking the offenders at firewall level.
About 9 hours ago, the attack moved to a DDoS to the web server.
The pools have been 100% functional during that time, only the web interface hasn't been reachable.
We've been able to restore the web interface at http://piggy.chickenstrips.net:8080/
You don't have to change anything in your miner.

The piggy pool was down for about 15~20 minutes at 17:00 UCT.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:18:36 PM

I tend to agree. A $1 million market cap for PIG at this point would be a price of 1272 satoshi as of this morning, and that's pretty conservative given all the plans and projects pouring out on Piggycoin. I could see it hitting $10 million or even rivaling Dogecoin. So PIG is _dirt_ cheap at this point.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 07:23:47 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

#PiggyWeek Promotions!
- 0 Pool Fees during #PiggyWeek for all Miners!  (Does not include the 0.5% Donation Fee to Charity)
- 0.5% Bonus Reward to all miners for every block found!  You will receive an additional 0.5% to your Block Payouts!
- 10 PIG Block Finder Reward!  Every Block Finder will be rewarded an additional 10 PIG to their account.

pig.charityminingpools.com

Come celebrate #PiggyWeek with us and mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.5% Pool Fees (0% During #PiggyWeek)

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
dbzenhosting

Activity: 301

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:24:03 PM

Pump pump pump it up
willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:48:52 PM

Piggycoin making waves, top 24hour change ...

$1 million market cap should be pretty easy

Hold tight!

piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:59:45 PM

e-Piggybank

The PiggyCoin Dev team would love to introduce to all you little piglets, our Brand Piggy New - e-PiggyBank - to store and keep safe of all your PIGs.
That’s right, for the first time in history, the PiggyCoin team have reinvented the traditional Piggy Bank - we didn't just make it digital [Thanks BTC-QT] - We made it ONLINE! OINK!

With your new e-PiggyBank, you can collect PIG from all of our PiggyCoin initiatives, store them for safe keeping until you need to make that first PIG purchase [OINK!] and Send Receive PIG from your friends and Family [Maybe you’ve done a good chore? “10PIG please mum!”]
Ideal for those kids that can’t run their own QT PiggyBanks [cos dad won’t let me install it on his computer, where he always clears out the web History! go figure?] now you can have your own e-PiggyBank, and never have to worry about installing a single thing - Just don’t forget your password! Oink!
So make sure you go ahead and create your online e-PiggyBank account now! Theres no waiting as these PIG’s will FLY! OINK OINK!

Don’t forget we’ll be doing this all again tomorrow at the same time for another PiggyWeek Announcement - What will it be? Oink OINK OINK!!
Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, IRC and BitcoinTalk.

Disclaimer - we’re still on v1.0 - We’ll be fixing and updating nonstop - if you find a bug or issue, let us know and we’ll add it to our Bug Tracker - Also note, we’re expecting lots of little Piggies rush to sign up - so if it’s slow, please be patient.

PiggyCoin Dev Team

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
deathmul

Activity: 472

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:10:09 PM

Thanks DEV for news Wink

That's great functionality, and thank you for FREE Piggycoins  Smiley

BruteFruit

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:15:35 PM

+1 A coin with an amazing direction and nothing but great intentions. You rolled out your coin with a solid game-plan and thought about every little detail. I can't wait to give some coins to my nephew!

7EjCi3GJidFpEphSDSpwZWuTRbkYiobkE2 PIG!

Rent out your hash-rates for faster ROI on your rigs!
Miningrigrentals.com (http://www.miningrigrentals.com?ref=4089)
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:18:40 PM

e-Piggybank

The PiggyCoin Dev team would love to introduce to all you little piglets, our Brand Piggy New - e-PiggyBank - to store and keep safe of all your PIGs.
That’s right, for the first time in history, the PiggyCoin team have reinvented the traditional Piggy Bank - we didn't just make it digital [Thanks BTC-QT] - We made it ONLINE! OINK!

With your new e-PiggyBank, you can collect PIG from all of our PiggyCoin initiatives, store them for safe keeping until you need to make that first PIG purchase [OINK!] and Send Receive PIG from your friends and Family [Maybe you’ve done a good chore? “10PIG please mum!”]
Ideal for those kids that can’t run their own QT PiggyBanks [cos dad won’t let me install it on his computer, where he always clears out the web History! go figure?] now you can have your own e-PiggyBank, and never have to worry about installing a single thing - Just don’t forget your password! Oink!
So make sure you go ahead and create your online e-PiggyBank account now! Theres no waiting as these PIG’s will FLY! OINK OINK!

Don’t forget we’ll be doing this all again tomorrow at the same time for another PiggyWeek Announcement - What will it be? Oink OINK OINK!!

Disclaimer - we’re still on v1.0 - We’ll be fixing and updating nonstop - if you find a bug or issue, let us know and we’ll add it to our Bug Tracker - Also note, we’re expecting lots of little Piggies rush to sign up - so if it’s slow, please be patient.

PiggyCoin Dev Team

Awesome!  Just created an account to play around.

How many coins do you know have their own web wallet??  Exactly, very few!

Let it sink a little bit, this coin has lots more upside potential...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
BruteFruit

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:38:34 PM

e-Piggybank

PiggyCoin Dev Team

Can you speak to what types of security measures will be set in place with e-PiggyBank, i'm sure many people will be concerned with possible attacks that may compromise our stored piggys

Rent out your hash-rates for faster ROI on your rigs!
Miningrigrentals.com (http://www.miningrigrentals.com?ref=4089)
novaboy2k

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:45:27 PM

I love this coin!

Going to get my nephew a few of these piggy's!

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
ellen.yan

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:52:09 PM

Did this coin just fork?  I have a txid that doesn't seem to exist in either block explorer

edit: false alarm, just a long delay before it showed up

novaboy2k

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:58:39 PM

Did this coin just fork?  I have a txid that doesn't seem to exist in either block explorer

edit: false alarm, just a long delay before it showed up

Working fine for me?

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
minerfool

Activity: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:08:39 PM

I love this coin!

Yeah it's a great way to introduce the young ones to crypto.  Think we may start giving allowance in piggycoin   Cool

SquintyB

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:27:11 PM

Hi everyone,

Chickenstrips has been under massive attack for about 14 hours now.
It started out as a stratum attack, poisoning the pool with lots of invalid shares.
I was able to mitigate that by blocking the offenders at firewall level.
About 9 hours ago, the attack moved to a DDoS to the web server.
The pools have been 100% functional during that time, only the web interface hasn't been reachable.
We've been able to restore the web interface at http://piggy.chickenstrips.net:8080/
You don't have to change anything in your miner.

The piggy pool was down for about 15~20 minutes at 17:00 UCT.

Any word on the site? The new url doesn't work
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:10:43 AM

I love this coin!

Yeah it's a great way to introduce the young ones to crypto.  Think we may start giving allowance in piggycoin   Cool

I agree.  People should not be looking at the value of it right now; value will come when plans will be implemented in the future.  I think PiggyWeek is supposed to be a very minor part of PiggyCoin just to let people know that such a coin exists and was not created to increase the value of the coin, although it is nice to see it growing as the coin is growing Smiley.
endoffiat

Activity: 203

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:29:29 AM

hi there all,not many things make me want to post,but i love the idea of getting children involved in cryptocurrency. Fractional reserve banking needs to be exposed to kids for what it really is, nothing but a group of institutions that legally launder money. Lets face it they loan accounting ledgers to people, then people pay back principle plus interest in real currency, vwallah now they have actual currency in their bank accounts. I cant think of a simpler way to say it to my kids. 13 & 8 year old boys, and a 5 yo daughter.We will not loan money from a bank under any circumstance, Not to mention that my AUSSIE government now wants lower my minimum wage every year for the next ten years as a DEBT TAX!. We all saw what happened to Cyprus, we all see what is happening in Spain,Greece,Turkey,Ireland,etc. we all see China printing money, the USA printing money, etc. The only problem is, I see too many adult whales behaving like spoil't little brats who missed the bitcoin train,trying to pump the crypyocurrency they have most recently mined to maximize their profits.We should all be focusing on the word currency, and remember that currency is meant to be used as a means to barter legally, not to try and turn it into a commodity. My family and i have mined Alt coins on an Asus republic of gamer's laptop (122kh/s) since Jan 2012, and you'd be surprised at the arsenal of coins we have accumulated.Our only problem is we don't have enough merchants to trade with. After all cryptocurrency's are meant to free us all from the bank mentality, and share the wealth with everyone.We can't teach our grandparents or parents (god have i tried), as they only know 1 way of doing things, So to educate children about cryptocurrency can only be a good thing, provided we teach them well. I really hope the devs realize that we can't bugger this up for the kids, we will only get 1 chance to capture a generation of youth and point them in the right direction. I personally don't have any skills computer wise, but would be willing to donate in some way. We really do thank the dev team for their efforts,and a special thank you to the community. because the developers can create a wonderful product, but at the end of the day its the community that supports the coin, its a breath of fresh air to read through pages without a lot of trolling, great job community. piggy pride

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: