Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:40:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PIG] Piggycoin old Thread.  (Read 103998 times)
cryptoaddict09

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:56:56 PM

There we go ! Lets show what this piggy can do with the big guys  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theeevilmunkey

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:59:19 PM

we are on our way everyone!!!  pigs to the moon!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbia5vdmRd1r1mkubo1_500.gif

soon i may be able to get a real horse. lol
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:00:02 PM

There we go swisscex.com/market/PIG_BTC !

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
mega

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:00:38 PM

Piggycoin being added to http://swisscex.com . ETA: 30 minutes. Oink!

And that, ladys and gentleman, its what I were talking about.

Ps- Its already at swisscex.com. Just checked!

Edit: Tips are welcome Cheesy
774QSCD9oxwcW52vFWtXM6BVVqVwMtTDmH

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
fearisfearless

Activity: 250
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:12:50 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 11:35:02 PM by fearisfearless

This is a REAL legit trading site!  This is HUGE for Piggy!!  GREAT job Devs!
cryptoaddict09

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:16:03 PM

GO PIGGY GO !  Wink

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h387/ashbuttj/BabyPig.jpg
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:39:47 PM

Great opportunity to start mining. High prices and really low diff.

The crypto for kids!
mega

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:51:35 PM

Great opportunity to start mining. High prices and really low diff.

Indeed! This are awsome times for piggycoin!

Vyker

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:33:43 PM

Wow, such awesome times!

Go piggy!

Oink!

Wish I spent more time on it at diff1.

Ontoc....

I am a qualified graphic / web designer capable of producing websites and videos and would be interested in making the websites needed in the "Homework section". If you know what information / content you would like in each page etc i could do the websites in a matter of days!!

My brother is also a qualified graphic designer who is very capable of producing great 3D characters, this 3d character could be used as a narrator / face of piggycoin.

PM me the bounty reward for the websites and the videos separately. Thanks piggy Smiley

Loving this offer - I will speak to piggydev in #piggy on Freenode [join us] about your offer.

We'd love something up in such short time.

OINK!!

OINK!!!
bob9000

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:47:35 PM

just got added to swisscex.com and the price is climbing. join the irc #PIGGY free piggy coins are being given away at the moment. also there is a dice bot and lotto bot.

OINK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD3pa6MKyBA
notsoshifty

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:48:12 PM

Getting on another exchange is good. But following the usual ladder of exchange listings shouldn't be a priority for this coin. It is targeted at a particular group of people (or two: children and their parents/teachers/guardians), and it will succeed or fail depending on what services are available for those people and how well it is marketed to them. The potential is huge, although the odds of achieving anything of that potential are certainly stacked against it. Unfortunately this is not an area where I can add much value.

On a separate topic: I don't understand the reason for abruptly stopping block rewards entirely at a certain height rather than have them halve at periodic intervals. Unless the coin takes off in a huge way (and we should assume it won't), there will be little incentive to secure the network. How does the community feel about revisiting that decision?
Daanlt

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:52:26 PM

Hi,

we really need miners and their hashing power.

Bee piggy pool:

Payout: PROP
Fee: 0.5%

http://bee-pgc.daan.lt
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:58:27 PM

Getting on another exchange is good. But following the usual ladder of exchange listings shouldn't be a priority for this coin. It is targeted at a particular group of people (or two: children and their parents/teachers/guardians), and it will succeed or fail depending on what services are available for those people and how well it is marketed to them. The potential is huge, although the odds of achieving anything of that potential are certainly stacked against it. Unfortunately this is not an area where I can add much value.

On a separate topic: I don't understand the reason for abruptly stopping block rewards entirely at a certain height rather than have them halve at periodic intervals. Unless the coin takes off in a huge way (and we should assume it won't), there will be little incentive to secure the network. How does the community feel about revisiting that decision?

Hey! We are doing what we can to add services. A new website is being built (with an area for parents/educators) and the educative faucet is being built as well (that will be our first game), android wallet is in project.

On a separate topic: This decision was made to keep the coin "simple", simple to explain and simple to comprehend but if the community wants to revisiting the decision I don't have any problem with that.

The crypto for kids!
mega

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:03:01 PM

We're doing great. Remember that this is a new coin. Dev's are active and with excellent ideas. Visit us at freenode #piggy!

notsoshifty

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:32:20 PM

Hey! We are doing what we can to add services. A new website is being built (with an area for parents/educators) and the educative faucet is being built as well (that will be our first game), android wallet is in project.

On a separate topic: This decision was made to keep the coin "simple", simple to explain and simple to comprehend but if the community wants to revisiting the decision I don't have any problem with that.

I apologise if my post came across a little harsh Smiley

There are lots of good aspects of this coin, but if it hurries its way up the exchange ladder before a relevant service surround is built then it may be destined for the 1 satoshi scrapheap, which would be a shame. The focus should be kept on building value into the coin through its main differentiator (target audience = kids): services where kids can earn, exchange with friends, and spend pigs. Exchanges follow value. So it's good to hear a relevant service surround is being built.

My vote would be to introduce block reward reductions, keeping the total number of coins the same and not having an abrupt stop to rewards. Examining the impacts of reward reductions could even be an important education point too - at least for the older kids.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:47:42 PM

First of all we need separated websites, one for the kids (more fun) and one for the parents (more technical), it would be nice if we also created videos explaining piggycoin (one for the kids and one for the parents). then we have to partner up with websites kids use so piggy can be treated as a reward and so we get known by the people we are targeting. In the meantime a piggy store will be created do kids can spend their coins, this piggy store will have merchandise and it will be a place where people can sell for piggy.

Partnering with the right kid website will really propel the coin into the media...

Also the idea about having a 'piggystore' something simple and easy for kids like just fun/cheap toys & stuff where they can spend their piggycoins would be a huge hit.

From the OP:
-Video & website for parents explaining how piggy coins can be used to educate their kids on the value of saving

I just really wish the coin had some sort of POS, so the kids could learn about saving and earning interest

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
mega

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:23:20 PM

+1

bob9000

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:48:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD3pa6MKyBA
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:55:17 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 08:23:20 PM by piggycoin

I apologise if my post came across a little harsh Smiley

There are lots of good aspects of this coin, but if it hurries its way up the exchange ladder before a relevant service surround is built then it may be destined for the 1 satoshi scrapheap, which would be a shame. The focus should be kept on building value into the coin through its main differentiator (target audience = kids): services where kids can earn, exchange with friends, and spend pigs. Exchanges follow value. So it's good to hear a relevant service surround is being built.

My vote would be to introduce block reward reductions, keeping the total number of coins the same and not having an abrupt stop to rewards. Examining the impacts of reward reductions could even be an important education point too - at least for the older kids.

We'll have to discuss this further to see if the community agrees but as I said before we will do it if there's a consensus.

First of all we need separated websites, one for the kids (more fun) and one for the parents (more technical), it would be nice if we also created videos explaining piggycoin (one for the kids and one for the parents). then we have to partner up with websites kids use so piggy can be treated as a reward and so we get known by the people we are targeting. In the meantime a piggy store will be created do kids can spend their coins, this piggy store will have merchandise and it will be a place where people can sell for piggy.

Partnering with the right kid website will really propel the coin into the media...

Also the idea about having a 'piggystore' something simple and easy for kids like just fun/cheap toys & stuff where they can spend their piggycoins would be a huge hit.

From the OP:
-Video & website for parents explaining how piggy coins can be used to educate their kids on the value of saving

I just really wish the coin had some sort of POS, so the kids could learn about saving and earning interest

We are working hard right now on the piggystore and website, updates soon.

The crypto for kids!
theeevilmunkey

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:54:54 AM

We will get there. This coin is expanding fast. Everyone involved it being just amazing. This has to be one of the best, kindest, and funnest communities. If anyone in the community has an idea to help make us better it is always welcome. If you have the means to make the idea come to life or would like to help with development feel free to join us in the IRC chat.

It really is the community that makes a great coin. From what i see we are going to go to the moon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: