May 05, 2024, 01:25:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 [742] 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009207 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 10:51:05 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2016, 11:47:50 PM by kiklo

If you want to change pos rate to 1% . Than do it better in 1 year .

Thanks for your comments.

1% is still too high,
ZEIT is such a massive coin that even 1% would be over 6½ million coins per month. (At current staking rates)
That in 1 month is six times the total supply of other coins.

We would have to go down to 0.0005% (0.000005) per year,
that would leave us only gaining ~ 180,000 new coins per year (basically ~15000 new coins per month).

The stronger we tackle the inflation issue, the sooner our value per coin can begin to increase.
Even if we did it today, it is still going to takes months before it has a noticeable effect in the markets.

Lion brought up a good point that in TRW, 5% interest on Bank accounts was the norm.
However the reason the banks were able to do that is they were loaning out multiple times the amount of their deposits and Charging Higher interest rates on those loan above the 5%, we have no such system in place here, which is why we have to control inflation to offset the damage that an ever increasing supply can cause.

Cool

FYI:
It all comes back to this,
Do you want a coin with very little inflation , that the Price can rise per coin?
or
Do you want a coin with 5% inflation, that the price is always in decline?
You have more coins but each coin has less value as time goes on.

FYI2:
Look at all of the people buying up BTC, just to hold receiving 0% interest,
we have to go ultra low inflation , if we are going to beat BTC. (There is just no other way around it.)

FYI3:
Monday BTC generated only 1,728 new coins
Monday ZEIT generated 8,623,833 new coins.
Our price will forever be crushed by the inflation, unless we switch ,

After the switch to an ultra low inflation rate of 0.0005% per year,
BTC still generates 1,728 new coins
ZEIT generate only ~500 coins per day.
Our price verses BTC & Fiat would rise.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Redrover

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 03:36:29 AM

If you want to change pos rate to 1% . Than do it better in 1 year .

Thanks for your comments.

1% is still too high,
ZEIT is such a massive coin that even 1% would be over 6½ million coins per month. (At current staking rates)
That in 1 month is six times the total supply of other coins.

We would have to go down to 0.0005% (0.000005) per year,
that would leave us only gaining ~ 180,000 new coins per year (basically ~15000 new coins per month).

The stronger we tackle the inflation issue, the sooner our value per coin can begin to increase.
Even if we did it today, it is still going to takes months before it has a noticeable effect in the markets.

Lion brought up a good point that in TRW, 5% interest on Bank accounts was the norm.
However the reason the banks were able to do that is they were loaning out multiple times the amount of their deposits and Charging Higher interest rates on those loan above the 5%, we have no such system in place here, which is why we have to control inflation to offset the damage that an ever increasing supply can cause.

Cool

FYI:
It all comes back to this,
Do you want a coin with very little inflation , that the Price can rise per coin?
or
Do you want a coin with 5% inflation, that the price is always in decline?
You have more coins but each coin has less value as time goes on.

FYI2:
Look at all of the people buying up BTC, just to hold receiving 0% interest,
we have to go ultra low inflation , if we are going to beat BTC. (There is just no other way around it.)

FYI3:
Our price will forever be crushed by the inflation, unless we switch ,

After the switch to an ultra low inflation rate of 0.0005% per year,
BTC still generates 1,728 new coins
ZEIT generate only ~500 coins per day.
Our price verses BTC & Fiat would rise.  Wink

Sounds like a good plan that needs to be implemented sooner rather than later.
Isn't this one of the reasons the Knights were created?  Make it so Knights.
r0cinante

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 03:56:27 AM

Quote from: kiklo
1% is still too high,
That in 1 month is six times the total supply of other coins...

i would not have a problem with the change, but we need to be practical; who is going to run the wallet to support the network for 0.0005%?
an incentiveized node network might work tho
look at fluttercoin, for example

https://i.imgur.com/SoYUltH.png

https://i.imgur.com/mI3qodT.png

Zeightknights might volunteer to keep nodes up also   Roll Eyes
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 04:16:56 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2016, 05:41:36 AM by kiklo

Quote from: kiklo
1% is still too high,
That in 1 month is six times the total supply of other coins...

i would not have a problem with the change, but we need to be practical; who is going to run the wallet to support the network for 0.0005%?
an incentiveized node network might work tho
look at fluttercoin, for example

Zeightknights might volunteer to keep nodes up also   Roll Eyes

Thanks for the comments , r0cinante .

If everyone agrees to the ultra low inflation, I would keep my node running 24x7 , which I do any way.
But if no one else is willing to help, then we will also have to drop the minimum stake age to 1 day and remove the block spliting, so I can keep the network running without help. Although if people would help they would receive their % and fees when they process transactions.
(Also if the people don't keep their wallet synced they can't send or receive any coins.)

Here is the path we and every other coin is on, PoS or PoW, we keep increasing our # of coins daily, while BTC keeps decreasing its # every 4 years.
It is deflationary while we are inflationary , it's price will always rise compared to ours unless we go to an ultra low inflation.

If we want to win we have to choose ultra low inflation, or we fail like sprouts & Tek and the others.
What good is our coin if the price keeps dropping, an infinity of Zero , is still ZERO.

Our current mk is $217,200 , what is funny is that everyone likes to pretend we have a choice here.

The Truth is there is no choice, we stop the coin inflation or it stops us.
Choice
1.  We move to ultra low inflation , Live & Thrive & Prosper
or
2. We stay in the hyper inflated path like all of the other Crypto knuckle heads , and we suffer the same fate as them.
Sprouts is a prime example.
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=SPRTS_BTC
They almost about to fall out of the litcoin market to doge only
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=SPRTS_LTC  

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 04:30:26 AM

Sounds like a good plan that needs to be implemented sooner rather than later.
Isn't this one of the reasons the Knights were created?  Make it so Knights.

Thanks for the comments,   Smiley

Cool

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 05:00:36 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2016, 07:55:37 AM by kiklo

If incentive to stake is required while the ultra low inflation fixes our price per coin.

I will paid up to 8 users 250 thousand ZEIT each , every month that they agree to stake 24x7 and act as a node.
So they would receive that plus their small interest plus whatever fees they collect from processing transactions.

Would send the 250 thousand ZEIT payment at the start of each month.

Although I would hope the Knights would continue staking to Protect the coin until prices rise , until the utra low interest makes staking worthwhile again.

Cool

FYI:
If the 15 Knights keep staking and the 8 users, I would pay.
It would give us 23 Nodes online ~24x7.
More than enough until our price builds.
msdoter7

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 12:16:01 PM

If incentive to stake is required while the ultra low inflation fixes our price per coin.

I will paid up to 8 users 250 thousand ZEIT each , every month that they agree to stake 24x7 and act as a node.
So they would receive that plus their small interest plus whatever fees they collect from processing transactions.

Although I would hope the Knights would continue staking to Protect the coin until prices rise , until the utra low interest makes staking worthwhile again.

Cool

FYI:

lol , that not good idea  Cool . I have now from pos 300k zeit .Ok from 5% it will be around 100k and it is also good. But what are you trying to do now is to save your tons Zeitcoins from price dumping .And now zeitcoin is like another fork and no more .I think if you will do it ,0.0005% per year. We will see huge dump and price will be not more 1 sat , because people who bought zeitcoins  thougth about 5% pos . They will not wait a long time to dump their bags, if they cant pos zeitcoin.
FWBlack

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 02:19:32 PM

Cool

FYI:

I would do this.  I already keep 2 wallets running from 2 different IPs almost 24x7 (except when I forget to start them after restarts). 
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 08:08:04 PM

lol , that not good idea  Cool . I have now from pos 300k zeit .Ok from 5% it will be around 100k and it is also good. But what are you trying to do now is to save your tons Zeitcoins from price dumping .And now zeitcoin is like another fork and no more .I think if you will do it ,0.0005% per year. We will see huge dump and price will be not more 1 sat , because people who bought zeitcoins  thougth about 5% pos . They will not wait a long time to dump their bags, if they cant pos zeitcoin.

Then give me a better idea, because ultra low inflation is the only thing I can see that will work.
Have you looked at the markets today, the high inflation has already dropped us to $209,419  .

Look at Sprouts , Tekcoin, Turbostake , what good has been having stakers , when there price heads toward Zero.

Explain to me , how are we going to increase in Price against BTC when these are the Numbers we face.

We are better that BTC on every level , Except Inflation.

I setup an investment system to support ZEIT, it has been pulling millions off of the markets all year, which is why we did not crash with BTC spiked.
That investment system has been turned off, it is unable to match the growing inflation, there is no point to it , until we become an ultra low inflation coin.
Then it will take time, but it can start to make a dent in the sell walls and increase the price of ZEIT for everyone.

We can change the minimum stake age down to 1 day, and even if no else will help, I alone will keep the network running.
Our situation is that dire. How long are you going to stake your 5% when ZEIT is only 1 Litoshi?

Cool

FYI:
We are still at 15%, we have not moved to the 5% yet.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 08:10:35 PM

Cool

FYI:

I would do this.  I already keep 2 wallets running from 2 different IPs almost 24x7 (except when I forget to start them after restarts). 

Thanks Fred,   Smiley

Cool
lxxtikk
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 08:20:56 PM

lol , that not good idea  Cool . I have now from pos 300k zeit .Ok from 5% it will be around 100k and it is also good. But what are you trying to do now is to save your tons Zeitcoins from price dumping .And now zeitcoin is like another fork and no more .I think if you will do it ,0.0005% per year. We will see huge dump and price will be not more 1 sat , because people who bought zeitcoins  thougth about 5% pos . They will not wait a long time to dump their bags, if they cant pos zeitcoin.

Then give me a better idea, because ultra low inflation is the only thing I can see that will work.
Have you looked at the markets today, the high inflation has already dropped us to $209,419  .

Look at Sprouts , Tekcoin, Turbostake , what good has been having stakers , when there price heads toward Zero.

Explain to me , how are we going to increase in Price against BTC when these are the Numbers we face.

I setup an investment system to support ZEIT, it has been pulling millions off of the markets all year, which is why we did not crash with BTC spiked.
That investment system has been turned off, it is unable to match the growing inflation, there is no point to it , until we become an ultra low inflation coin.
Then it will take time, but it can start to make a dent in the sell walls and increase the price of ZEIT for everyone.

We can change the minimum stake age down to 1 day, and even if no else will help, I alone will keep the network running.
Our situation is that dire. How long are you going to stake your 5% when ZEIT is only 1 Litoshi?

Cool

FYI:

I think you are rigth , than do it  pos to  0.0005% per year . Wink
msdoter7

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 08:57:02 PM

Cool

FYI:

Ok, try to find better way .If it help ,than do pos 0.000005% like for  an ultra low inflation coin
amalgal

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 12:22:26 PM

wow , great to hear it . When are you going to change pos ?  Need to buy now Zeitcoins because price can go till 100 sat .And we will see Bittrex or poloniex than . After that update we can start twitting bittrex and polo to add zeitcoins to their exchange .  Cheesy
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 03:33:10 PM

I still think that it's too early to make such a drastic change to the 'essentials' of the coin, and also the wrong way to go about doing it.

We should plan to let the 5% rate run for a full year, and consider over that time the future direction to take.

- Hearing from everybody involved, especially Ray, then having a COMMUNITY decision about it.

The drop to 5% will reduce 'inflation' by 200%, the biggest drop in our history, so to me it makes sense to give THAT change a fair chance before deciding on a hyper-drastic change.

The thing that worries me most is that under the proposed change, there will be NO incentive for peeps to keep coins in their wallets, so won't they then just park the lot on the exchanges?

- And you can't keep a network going with a handful of nodes.

Final thought (for now) I feel this should have been proposed & discussed within the Knights long before it was 'announced' here.

- That's just NOT the way things are supposed to be done  Angry

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 09:48:03 PM

Every Day we postpone is another few million ZEIT , dividing the coin's value verses BTC.

We do need Ray , as the Dev he has Veto power or the power to make the program updates.
So the Final decision will be his.
I PM him , when I made the 1st post about going ultra low, real world may tie him up for a month or so, before he can check in.
Which is why now is a good time for discussions , so we work out exactly what needs to be done.

As far as the exchanges, if people are crazy enough to keep all of their coins on the exchange, and the exchange goes under, or loses their coins,
then that just decrease the supply of coins and raises the value for the ones that are left.

Something this big should be decided by all of the community.
Ultra Low inflation is the only Solution , I can see that will raise our price per coin.
I have asked the entire community if they have a better idea , that allows us to absorb millions of new coins each day without losing value,
Then Please Share it, but I don't see any other method that will work except going ultra low.

The Knights have to stake to support their investment,
I will pay out of my pocket 250 thousand ZEIT per month to anyone (up to 8 ) that will run a staking node 24X7)
And I am exploring other incentives on a weekly basis, such as ZEIT Block Jousting where the winner receives 120 thousand ZEIT every week they win the joust.

15 Knights & 8 Paid = 23 Nodes
Plus whoever joints the Joust Contests.

Cool

FYI:
After 1 year  , our price will probably be so high, that these additional incentives will no longer be needed.
Plus the Paid nodes are a good way for Aspiring Knights to earn their knighthood by protecting the coin.  Smiley
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 10:37:31 PM

Once we make the move to an Ultra Low Inflation coin.

ZEIT Weekly Block Jousts Tournaments could begin.

1st Joust Which ever ZEIT address with the Highest Difficulty # for the week , would receive 120,000 ZEIT

2nd Joust Which ever ZEIT address with the Most Transactions in one block for the week , would receive 120,000 ZEIT

3rd Joust  Which ever ZEIT address with the Smallest Staked Amount per block for the week , would receive 120,000 ZEIT

Cool

gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 11:06:32 PM

kiklo, my wallet is open 24h/7

Smiley
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 01:04:32 AM

kiklo, my wallet is open 24h/7

Smiley

Well Done,  Sir Knight.   Smiley

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 02:18:15 AM

@msdoter7

In reference to the incentive to stake question.

The Knights will have to stake to protect their investment.

I will pay 250,000 ZEIT every month to 8 nodes (non knights) that will stake 24x7.

In addition , the ZEIT Joust Game will pay out a 120,000 ZEIT per week to the three addresses that win the Block Joust.
(Anyone can win, even exchanges)

So is this not enough incentive to stake, plus the facts the price of the coin will no longer go down in price only Up.

So those that do accept the 250,000 per month, if they wait til ZEIT reaches a penny would have received $2500 for staking monthly.  Cheesy

One year of doing this will cost me ~42 million ZEIT directly out of my pocket and I will do it gladly so we can defeat BTC.
And if needed, I have enough coins to go a 2nd year, before it would compromise my status as a Knight.

So msdoter7 what do you think?

Cool
msdoter7

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 06:50:26 AM

@msdoter7

In reference to the incentive to stake question.

The Knights will have to stake to protect their investment.

I will pay 250,000 ZEIT every month to 8 nodes (non knights) that will stake 24x7.

In addition , the ZEIT Joust Game will pay out a 120,000 ZEIT per week to the three addresses that win the Block Joust.
(Anyone can win, even exchanges)

So is this not enough incentive to stake, plus the facts the price of the coin will no longer go down in price only Up.

So those that do accept the 250,000 per month, if they wait til ZEIT reaches a penny would have received $2500 for staking monthly.  Cheesy

One year of doing this will cost me ~42 million ZEIT directly out of my pocket and I will do it gladly so we can defeat BTC.
And if needed, I have enough coins to go a 2nd year, before it would compromise my status as a Knight.

So msdoter7 what do you think?

Cool
Lets try .it will be interesing to see what will happen next year than.
Pages: « 1 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 [742] 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: