June 21, 2024, 08:58:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 [818] 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:32:49 AM

For Windows Crypto Newbies

Videos for steps 1 thru 4 :

1. Download the wallet for Windows.

2. Confirm Hashes match.

3. Run the wallet.

4. Because it's going to take a month to sync the wallet because there's a huge amount of blocks to sync, so download and install the snapshot so sync is quicker.
    BlockChain Snapshot

5. Run wallet again.

6. Encrypt the wallet.

7. Transfer your coins from exchange.

8. Unlock the wallet so wallet starts staking.

9. Take backup of the wallet, preferably multiple?

And for the newbies.... please please please follow the instructions step-by-step. We love having you guys join the community and want you to stick around and help us continue to grow this coin. The Snapshot is really easy to use IF you follow the instructions! Trust me, I have used the Snapshot before and it saves a lot of time.

And to add to the response about keeping coins on Cryptopia instead... I would not recommend that at all. A few months back, some evil person(s) decided to dump about 9 billion Zeit on the market and crashed us to sub-satoshi levels. That was what prompted Cryptopia, due to their existing policy, to suspend our Zeit/BTC pairing. As you can see, we have more than recovered from that, however, as they have not reinstated the BTC pairing and have now suspended all LTC and Doge markets until further notice, it is pointless to have Zeit there. If you are trying to sell them, move them to either Alcurex, Trade Satoshi, or SouthXchange. If you plan to HODL, then leaving them on an exchange is robbing you of earning interest on your stash.

loog77

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:01:45 PM

Where are the developers? Are they planning to respond to the exchanges about the wallet issues? We need to take over this coin ourselves and fix these issues. It's ridiculous to have 10k you can't do anything with 😞

We have a developer who has been very active with this coin along with having a full-time job and home life to attend to. There is no need to "take over this coin" as it is already very well cared for. If you would like to assist in any way, please feel free to send Rent-a-Ray or Kiklo a PM and offer your support. As for the exchanges with the wallet issues, I think it has been more than decided that, due to their shady nature and the fact that there are many threads on this forum calling them a scam exchange, we just will not put any time or energy into worrying about YoBit. As for CoinExchange, several of us have submitted trouble tickets, and I know for a fact that at least Kiklo and myself, and I'm sure Ray as well, have sent them step-by-step instructions on how to repair their wallet. The ball is now in their court. But by all means, send them another trouble ticket if you like. In the meantime, please do feel free to advertise Zeit as much as possible.  Cool

I think Yobit and coinexchange.io is in same dirty hands. They make huge volumes of trading ZEIT inside market without letting others to trade(wallet issue). Same evil was dumping cryptopia market with several millions. But i have no idea why???...Has anyone some ideas what is happening?
Qan

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:12:57 PM

No, I`m newbie

Ditto!   I got my mac wallet downloaded and running.  Have ZeitcoinBlockChainSnapShot-2017-12-19.rar in the right folder.  Now just have to find a way to decompress that in the same folder is my understanding then open the wallet?

Thanks for helping us newbies.

CHeeers to all the really great help to the newbies here. It's an education by doing.  As to the wallet I've e file in right folder, opened it, and it's currently "syncyning'.  About 3% done 15 minutes or so in so I'm assuming that worked and hopefully have a synced working wallet in morning.

Click on Help, click Debug Window, Look at Last Block Time ,
it should be dated at least in Dec 2017, if it is not then you did not extract the files correctly and are syncing from beginning.

Cool

Last Block Time:

Fri Apr 11 00:47:27 2014  Sad

Seem to be extracted right.  Is it because I had previously opened the walled without that file?

A very common mistake is to extract the files in the wrong "user' folder.

I made this same mistake.

If you have run the wallet once, you should already have a Zeitcoin folder under C:\Users\<username>\appdata\roaming\

If you don't have a "zeitcoin" folder there already, and have already run the wallet once, it means you are looking in the wrong <username> folder and need to look into the right one.

When the wallet runs the first time, it creates zeitcoin folder in that subdirectory and creates those files.
Qan

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:27:51 PM

Here's the newbie step-by-step guide for the wallet.

1. Download Wallet.

2. Download snapshot (so that the sync is quicker, otherwise may take you weeks).

3. Run the Wallet once, so that it creates the required folders on your system.

4. Close the wallet.

5. Extract the snapshot to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
Note: You should already have a folder called zeitcoin under Roaming folder if you have run the wallet once.

6. Extract the snapshot into this folder and overwrite the existing files.

7. Run you wallet once again. This time time it will take a while to open. And a little more while to read the existing snapshot. If the snapshot is a few days apart from the current file, it will start to sync the wallet.

8. Once the wallet is synced, Encrypt your wallet.

9. Take backup of your wallet. (The Wallet.dat is the most important files as it contains the private keys to access your coins on Blockchain and also contains the address that you might have generated to receive coins including those automatically generated address if you have received coins as Interest if you were staking.)

10. Transfer coins to your wallet. Send a test transactions first to see if everything is working properly. And perhaps best to send in small amounts. Since our Zeit is pretty fast we don't have wait ages Wink

11. Unlock your Wallet to start minting/staking and helping others verify transactions and have a great feeling about contributing a node to the network, even if you don't receive much as interest.

12. Take regular backups if you regularly staking/minting, so that the address the wallet has generated remain in your backed up latest wallet.dat. If you are not regularly minting staking then your wallet isn't generating any new addresses and the last backup you took is fine. Have these at multiple places and archive the backup using something like WinRaR and put a password on it.

13. Test your archive if it's working and note the version number of this software and have this software version saved with you.

Cheers.
rhadamanthes

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:28:34 PM

@KikloV : apparently trades on Novaexchange are still happening , do you have any info ?
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:44:16 PM

I just don't understand some people's mindset. On SouthXchange, the 2 sat sell wall was killed last night and there were buys being made at the 3 sat sell wall. So why on earth would someone/some people dump 62 million Zeit back into a 2 sat sell wall? Do they just not want to make a better profit by selling at 3? Or even better, spreading that 62 million out over several sell walls higher than 2? Why do people insist on keeping the price of Zeit low?

FWBlack2

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:50:59 PM

I just don't understand some people's mindset. On SouthXchange, the 2 sat sell wall was killed last night and there were buys being made at the 3 sat sell wall. So why on earth would someone/some people dump 62 million Zeit back into a 2 sat sell wall? Do they just not want to make a better profit by selling at 3? Or even better, spreading that 62 million out over several sell walls higher than 2? Why do people insist on keeping the price of Zeit low?
Perhaps it's the same person(s) who dumped that huge amount a couple of weeks ago.  I keep wondering about the original devs or one of the exchanges that stole coins.  Who else would have that many coins, but I don't get why they insist on trying to keep Zeit down.
FWBlack2

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:52:10 PM

Perhaps it's the same person(s) who dumped that huge amount a couple of weeks ago.  I keep wondering about the original devs or one of the exchanges that stole coins.  Who else would have that many coins, but I don't get why they insist on trying to keep Zeit down.

Plus, Zeit, in my opinion, should be trading at or above DOGE.
rhadamanthes

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:56:01 PM

Don't need to understand... a lot was bought (remember those billions at 5 litoshis)... from 5 litoshis to 2 sats....
My 2 cents... let them sell that low, they are actually giving an opportunity to real holders to join the game. We don't need those dumpers...ZEIT is here since 4 years (very soon is the 4th anniversary) and i'm pretty sure it will last many more.  Grin
nov

Activity: 433
Merit: 251

Independent crypto developer

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:22:24 PM

What is expected staking ROI/interest?

WowDoge - DogeCoin Lightweight Wallet DOGE: DLoawzLvw5WvvpGUkSTxrwMgKhkamsqFo7
Vertigo - VertCoin Lightweight Wallet VTC: VertGv5nVwYYR7mTmDDeAP9et1NJyAsC9P | Exelite - ExeCoin Lightweight Wallet EXE: ELiteWbMDwX95YZj5Jf5BkHS54qbH7wpXg | Lightweight Wallet Creation Service
MultiCoin - Multiple Crypto Coin Lightweight Wallet in Development BTC: 1EKT9uaaDbTRuwjttFQbfax7KmGNZX32HP | BitcoinViewer - Bitcoin Balances & Transactions on iPhone/iPad BTC: 1NEvfbiA5Bs2sG2jqRdCidGUjLD5JjAjEZ
FWBlack2

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:31:01 PM

Everything is spelled out in great detail in the OP (OP = 1st post on page 1).  We are at final rate ULI (Ultra Low Inflation) of .0005%

30 seconds block target
Interest on Proof of Stake:
Year 1: 25% | Year 2: 20% | Year 3: 15% | 8 Months: 5% |  Final Rate ULI : .0005%
4 confirmations per Transaction means fast 2 minute confirmations
Minimum Stake Age : 24 hours 
50 confirmations per ZEIT blocks
nov

Activity: 433
Merit: 251

Independent crypto developer

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:37:25 PM

Is anybody staking with such small value 0.0005% ?

Is not that a little joke?

Everything is spelled out in great detail in the OP (OP = 1st post on page 1).  We are at final rate ULI (Ultra Low Inflation) of .0005%

30 seconds block target
Year 1: 25% | Year 2: 20% | Year 3: 15% | 8 Months: 5% |  Final Rate ULI : .0005%

WowDoge - DogeCoin Lightweight Wallet DOGE: DLoawzLvw5WvvpGUkSTxrwMgKhkamsqFo7
Vertigo - VertCoin Lightweight Wallet VTC: VertGv5nVwYYR7mTmDDeAP9et1NJyAsC9P | Exelite - ExeCoin Lightweight Wallet EXE: ELiteWbMDwX95YZj5Jf5BkHS54qbH7wpXg | Lightweight Wallet Creation Service
MultiCoin - Multiple Crypto Coin Lightweight Wallet in Development BTC: 1EKT9uaaDbTRuwjttFQbfax7KmGNZX32HP | BitcoinViewer - Bitcoin Balances & Transactions on iPhone/iPad BTC: 1NEvfbiA5Bs2sG2jqRdCidGUjLD5JjAjEZ
FWBlack2

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:45:06 PM

30 seconds block target
As use of Zeit grows open wallets (nodes) will make more on transaction fees than interest.  Kiklo can explain this better than I.
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:33:35 PM

Everything is spelled out in great detail in the OP (OP = 1st post on page 1).  We are at final rate ULI (Ultra Low Inflation) of .0005%

30 seconds block target
Year 1: 25% | Year 2: 20% | Year 3: 15% | 8 Months: 5% |  Final Rate ULI : .0005%

Of course people are staking with that small amount. When Zeit first went from POW phase to POS phase our interest was 25%. The main reason we went ULI is because the inflation was out of control with so many coins having been mined in the POW phase and with the handful of huge bag holders staking at 25% interest. There was far too many new coins being minted on a daily basis. It may seem like a joke to a few who are just now getting into Zeit, but for those of us who have been here since the beginning and are long-term investors, ULI was the perfect answer.

Besides, Zeit can still be had for fairly cheap on the exchanges. There is a 2 sat sell wall on SouthXchange, which I believe is the cheapest of the exchanges at the moment. Oops.. no, wait, let me correct that, the 2 sat sell wall got demolished! Someone bought up 60 million Zeit in one big scoop! Still, 3 sat is a bargain. Get them while they're still cheap!

CointMeIn

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:25:40 PM

No, I`m newbie

Ditto!   I got my mac wallet downloaded and running.  Have ZeitcoinBlockChainSnapShot-2017-12-19.rar in the right folder.  Now just have to find a way to decompress that in the same folder is my understanding then open the wallet?

CHeeers to all the really great help to the newbies here. It's an education by doing.  As to the wallet I've e file in right folder, opened it, and it's currently "syncyning'.  About 3% done 15 minutes or so in so I'm assuming that worked and hopefully have a synced working wallet in morning.

it should be dated at least in Dec 2017, if it is not then you did not extract the files correctly and are syncing from beginning.

Cool

Last Block Time:

Seem to be extracted right.  Is it because I had previously opened the walled without that file?

If you have run the wallet once, you should already have a Zeitcoin folder under C:\Users\<username>\appdata\roaming\

If you don't have a "zeitcoin" folder there already, and have already run the wallet once, it means you are looking in the wrong <username> folder and need to look into the right one.

When the wallet runs the first time, it creates zeitcoin folder in that subdirectory and creates those files.

Thanks. On a Mac I have the Zeitcoin folder. Do I need to create new folders in that and extract in there?
Qan

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:49:15 PM

No, I`m newbie

Cool

Last Block Time:

Thanks. On a Mac I have the Zeitcoin folder. Do I need to create new folders in that and extract in there?

My answer was relevant for Windows.

But you extract the content in the zeitcoin folder. You don't make any folders.

The zeitcoin folder should have files like blk0001.dat I think.
draakon123

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:55:22 PM

Coinexchange.io Warning: This currency is currently in maintenance mode. It is advised not to send deposits until the wallet is active.
When can I expect this to be done?
rhadamanthes

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:05:55 PM

Coinexchange.io Warning: This currency is currently in maintenance mode. It is advised not to send deposits until the wallet is active.
When can I expect this to be done?

It has been like this for months... Coinex doesn't want to sync their wallet although sending them a lot of tickets in which we explained them how to do it .
No answer from them, no support at all. That's the reason why we have "blacklisted" them on the OP.
So to reply to your question, you should probably ask them  Wink This has nothing to do with us
Qan

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:37:21 PM

Looks like a lot of people are trying to arbitrage with the litoshi and satoshi prices.

Sell at 2 satoshis ($0.00028) and buy back at 70 litoshis ($0.00017)

My advice to anyone who's looking to sell to not sell at anything less than 120 litoshis if they don't wanna hodl.
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:27:43 PM

That's what I was mentioning earlier too about people on SouthXchange putting up sell walls at 2 sats even when there were buys being made at 3 sats. Either these people aren't thinking things through, don't mind taking less money for their Zeit (I mean, who sells at 2 when people are buying at 3?), or are intentionally trying to keep the price down.

Pages: « 1 ... 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 [818] 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: