July 12, 2024, 09:06:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 [820] 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009222 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1768

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:01:14 PM

Cryptopia updated their News Page
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News
Further Updates On LTC Basemarkets

I understand that while this may not be the update many people want to hear, it at least will hopefully provide everyone with a clear understanding of the path forward.

Cryptopia will be standing up new sister sites such as ltc.cryptopia.co.nz to handle base markets dedicated to LTC on their own trade engine and database to allow them to continue to trade, and allowing cryptopia.co.nz to resume registrations.

You will still need to transfer funds between the different sites to trade on each of them but this will be able to be handled instantly by Cryptopia in the background with atomic swaps, so you'll still have the single Cryptopia account that you use on the different exchanges.

As such, we will be permanently closing the LTC basemarkets on cryptopia.co.nz

Users will have a month to cancel their open orders after which point the markets will be closed and your orders will be cancelled for you.

Further updates on the timeline for the new LTC exchange will be posted as they become available.

Cool

This are very good news. Read it here the first time. So i can still use cryptopia to buy more zeitcoins. So exciting about the news. Smiley
edgnr

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:03:45 PM

something happened, it still says its out of sync but the coins appeared. I guess its all fine now. thank you all for the help.
CointMeIn

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:07:40 PM

So MAC wallet almost up and good but still getting hung up.

I opened snapshot in folder told to on mac.

Then deleted folders/files from original and moved what was in the snapshot folder over leaving the others.

These are the files now on Zeitcoin folder:

blk0001.dat
blk0002.dat
database
db.log
debug.log
peers.dat
txleveldb
wallet.dat
ZeitBlockChainSnapShot-2018-01-09 (EMPTY FOLDER)
ZeitBlockChainSnapShot-2018-01-09.rar

I see wallet trying to sync (6 active connections).
Last block was 23 days ago (not 1400 days like before).

Still, ran it over night and sync wasn't complete.

Any suggestions?
KikloV

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:51:14 PM

Then deleted folders/files from original and moved what was in the snapshot folder over leaving the others.

blk0001.dat
blk0002.dat
database
db.log
debug.log
peers.dat
txleveldb
wallet.dat

Any suggestions?

Yes , now that you installed the snapshot correctly and your last block time updated.
I just put a new snapshot up on 1-09-2018, install it and your PC will sync in a few hours.   Smiley

You can monitor it's sync at Last Block Time under debug window.
If it does not increase after 10 minutes or so, restart the wallet.

Cool
edgnr

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:53:32 PM

is that normal the wallet always showing its out of sync? after done the procedure, what am i suposed to do know to keep them safe? just store the backup?
KikloV

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:53:44 PM

something happened, it still says its out of sync but the coins appeared. I guess its all fine now. thank you all for the help.

You finally synced the block #, where you sent the coins out so now your wallet sees them.  Smiley

You can always compare your block # with the block explorer to see how many more blocks are required to be fully synced.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/

Cool
KikloV

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:00:43 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 06:18:33 PM by KikloV

is that normal the wallet always showing its out of sync? after done the procedure, what am i suposed to do know to keep them safe? just store the backup?
It always shows out of sync , until you are synced with the rest of the network.
Then a Checkmark appears at the bottom right of the screen.

Click on File , Backup Wallet.
Backup it up on multiple devices such as flash drives or USB hard drives.
Store in fire proof locations.

If you are not going to stake, then you don't need to make new backups.
If you do stake , update your backups weekly.

Hi KikLov

Can you tell me how will I run the command Zeitcoin-qt.exe -rescan when I am restoring the wallet.dat ?? Under the Command prompt?

And how long does it take to rescan?

I want to test how to restore wallet.dat file before I transfer all my coins.

You only need to run rescan, if you coin balance is not correct.
It has been awhile since I ran a rescan, but I believe no more than and hour.

You can run the Zeitcoin-qt.exe -rescan from the command prompt, or you can just modify the shortcut on your desktop with the - rescan and just remove it when finished.

Cool
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:07:40 PM

You should also ensure that your minting is locked until you are fully synched.

catsmile

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:31:18 PM

The research team is very dedicated, I feel comfortable investing in a project with such a professional team. It's new innovation that can make your project have the biggest loyal. 
Hold to die Smiley
rhadamanthes

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:37:17 PM

When will the website be up? What month? This coin has to get moving but without a site, it will be very slow. Plz come up with website with roadmap and white paper.

Ebolansk is working on it, please be patient as we all are  Wink
Qan

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:44:18 PM

It always shows out of sync , until you are synced with the rest of the network.
Then a Checkmark appears at the bottom right of the screen.

Click on File , Backup Wallet.
Backup it up on multiple devices such as flash drives or USB hard drives.
Store in fire proof locations.

If you are not going to stake, then you don't need to make new backups.
If you do stake , update your backups weekly.

Hi KikLov

Can you tell me how will I run the command Zeitcoin-qt.exe -rescan when I am restoring the wallet.dat ?? Under the Command prompt?

And how long does it take to rescan?

I want to test how to restore wallet.dat file before I transfer all my coins.

You only need to run rescan, if you coin balance is not correct.
It has been awhile since I ran a rescan, but I believe no more than and hour.

You can run the Zeitcoin-qt.exe -rescan from the command prompt, or you can just modify the shortcut on your desktop with the - rescan and just remove it when finished.

Cool

Thanks for the reply.

1. Do I have to take backup of the wallet after everytime I receive coins, if I am receiving them at the same address?

2. Do I have to take backup after everytime I receive coins on a different address?

3. Is there anyway to check the integrity of the backed up wallet.dat ?
KikloV

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:58:29 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 07:17:14 PM by KikloV

When will the website be up? What month? This coin has to get moving but without a site, it will be very slow. Plz come up with website with roadmap and white paper.

New Website will be up when it is up.

No official roadmap or whitepaper will be presented. (If this is a problem for you seek another coin.)

The crypto world evolves too fast , to worry with such nonsense.

Here is the Closest Picture to what the ZEIT roadmap could look like.  Cheesy

Thanks for the reply.

1. Do I have to take backup of the wallet after everytime I receive coins, if I am receiving them at the same address?
    Not if you receive them at the exact same address, and not if you never stake your coins

2. Do I have to take backup after everytime I receive coins on a different address?
    Yes, if you want to be certain that address is backed up in the wallet.dat

Now that is a new question.
    You could rename wallet.dat to wallet.old in the zeitcoin directory and copy the backup into the zeitcoin directory , name it wallet.dat and compare your coins amounts

Answers in Blue.

Cool
Qan

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:06:36 PM

No roadmap or whitepaper will be presented. (If this is a problem for you seek another coin.)

Thanks for the reply.

Not if you receive them at the exact same address, and not if you never stake your coins

You could rename wallet.dat to wallet.old in the zeitcoin directory and copy the backup into the zeitcoin directory , name it wallet.dat and compare your coins amounts

Answers in Blue.

Cool

As usual excellent answers.

Just one small confusion about 2.

If I receive them at a different address but don't back it up.. and use the older wallet.dat without the latest address that I received coins on.. the wallet will show all my zeits including the ones I received on the new address or will only show coins amount before the new address was created and coins received?

Promise this is the last question Smiley
KikloV

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:12:25 PM

No roadmap or whitepaper will be presented. (If this is a problem for you seek another coin.)

Thanks for the reply.

Answers in Blue.

Cool

If I receive them at a different address but don't back it up.. and use the older wallet.dat without the latest address that I received coins on.. the wallet will show all my zeits including the ones I received on the new address or will only show coins amount before the new address was created and coins received?

No Worries, ask all you want?

Different Address have Different private keys.
If you receive your coins at a 2nd address that was not included in the wallet.dat at the time of the backup.
The 2nd private key was also not in that wallet backup, so that backup will not have the private key to access those coins on the blockchain
and access to those coins in that 2nd address will be lost to you forever.

Cool
Qan

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:13:34 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Answers in Blue.

Cool

No Worries, ask all you want?

Different Address have Different private keys.
If you receive your coins at a 2nd address that was not included in the wallet.dat at the time of the backup.
The 2nd private key was also not in that wallet backup, so that backup will not have the private key to access those coins on the blockchain and access to those coins in that 2nd address will be lost to you forever.

Cool

Thanks.

Now I know everything for now.
Qan

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:22:43 PM

What is Coin Control feature? And what does it do ? I
KikloV

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:42:08 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 08:29:28 PM by KikloV

U weren’t forced to respond to my question. U are very rude and fuck u!

You asked a question and I answered it ,

if you define rudeness as being truthful , then so be it.

Sorry unless you are a very Hot Asian chick , I will have to decline your offer.
If you are a very Hot Asian Chick , then PM me your Pics and we can schedule a time.  Wink

Cool

FYI:
Roadmaps & Whitepapers are nonsense due to the following example.
In Satoshi's WhitePaper on Bitcoin,
He defined that Bitcoin would be an peer to peer currency excluding all middle men (ie: Banks/Governments) from controlling transactions between individuals.
People that follow this as scripture, created Bitcoin Cash,
Bitcoin Core Devs which are exerting domination over Bitcoin Legacy Future Design, have totally ignored it ,
and are making Lightning Network to act as Middle Men between individuals totally invalidating Satoshi original claim in the white paper,
thus making Whitepapers and roadmaps Obsolete and a total waste of time, because their are no guarantees it will have any impact on future development.    

* The funny thing is Neither Bitcoin Legacy or BitcoinCash are free from Middle Men. *
* As the ASIC Miners are also Middle Men and they decide what transactions are included or excluded which also invalidates Satoshi's Whitepaper.*

* ZEIT does fulfill Satoshi's design of a peer to peer currency excluding all middle men from controlling transactions between individuals,
even thru you can make the claim that the stakers replace the ASICS Miners, the fact is Anyone can become a Staker
and all of ZEIT Transactions are included in the order which they appear, we don't cherry pick based on bribes (ie: Variable transaction fees).*
KikloV

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:49:51 PM

What is Coin Control feature? And what does it do ? I

Coin Control allows you to send coins from a specific block of coins,
the advantage to this is , you can send coins from blocks that have already staked, so you don't lose interest on any blocks about to stake.
This is only important for Proof of Stake coins, as Proof of Work coins it does not matter, as they earn no interest.

Link also on the OP
ZEIT :  How to use Coin Control

Step1:
Enabled Coin Control
In the wallet client, go to settings and then select options. Click on the tab that says Display. Check the box that says Display coin control features (experts only!). Press OK.

Step2: 
Click Send Coins , then under Coin Control Features , click inputs ,
click the arrow on the left side , this expands everything so you can see all of the blocks in an address,
Then click on the confirmations tab, this will sort the blocks by # of confirmations.
Place a check mark in the box to the left , this selects those blocks to be combined.
(If you look at top it shows the combined amount of the blocks you checked and the fee to send it , and the amount after fee.)
Only select the blocks with the lowest confirmations, as they have recently minted, and you will not lose much staking time by choosing them.
Click OK

If you are sending the coins out to an exchange, just put in the exchange zeit address and
, copy the amount in after fee, into the amount of zeit you want to send, click send.

or 

If you are combining your blocks, then click Receive Coins tab, right click on your Zeit Receive Address and Copy Address, click on Send Coins, paste your zeit receive address into Pay to:
copy the amount in after fee, into the amount of zeit you want to send,
Click Send.
You can also break your blocks into smaller blocks, only choosing a block with alot of zeitcoins in it , and placing a smaller # in the amount of zeit you want to send.

Cool
CointMeIn

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:51:23 PM

blk0001.dat
blk0002.dat
database
db.log
debug.log
peers.dat
txleveldb
wallet.dat

Any suggestions?

Yes , now that you installed the snapshot correctly and your last block time updated.
I just put a new snapshot up on 1-09-2018, install it and your PC will sync in a few hours.   Smiley

You can monitor it's sync at Last Block Time under debug window.
If it does not increase after 10 minutes or so, restart the wallet.

Cool

Really appreciate all the help. My MAC Zeit wallet is working, coins from south exchange transfered, encrypted, backedup.  Tested send and receive.  I'll stay "locked" for now but happy to officially be on board. 

As a side note, this coin and transfer is REALLY fast.

Thanks for help.  Can't wait to see the website when it's up.  But as a relative newbie to this space but long time vet to the marcro space I gotta say there's so much crap out there with good websites. Diamonds in the rough are found in forums like this, connected right to real people, doing REAL things, and you see the results. 

Good luck ZEIT.   

KikloV

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:13:24 PM

Really appreciate all the help. My MAC Zeit wallet is working, coins from south exchange transferred, encrypted, backed up.  Tested send and receive.  I'll stay "locked" for now but happy to officially be on board.  

As a side note, this coin and transfer is REALLY fast.

Thanks for help.  Can't wait to see the website when it's up.  But as a relative newbie to this space but long time vet to the marcro space I gotta say there's so much crap out there with good websites. Diamonds in the rough are found in forums like this, connected right to real people, doing REAL things, and you see the results.  

Good luck ZEIT.  

CointMeIn ,
You put in the effort and got your wallet synced.

I want to Thank you , because it helps me point out something very important.

As someone new to crypto ,  CointMeIn got his ZEIT wallet synced and working.

CoinExchange & Yobit Exchanges have still not synced their wallets,
CoinExchange and Yobit , (who are supposed to have professionals on staff) are unable to sync a wallet.
Since CointMeIn just did it , it proves there are no technical reasons , that CoinExchange & Yobit should not have synced wallets except for a lack of desire to do so.

So the real question is
What Shenanigans are CoinExchange & Yobit up to that they won't sync their ZEIT wallets?

Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 [820] 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: