Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:58:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Still HODL?  (Read 6439 times)
Mr.Ease (OP)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:54:53 PM

Right now is a tough time for anybody holding tokens. The HODL strategies put into effect a mere 3 months ago have cost portfolios a huge % loss in value...
I myself have witnessed thousands upon thousands in value destruction. Hrmmm, but what to do now?

Although I have watched, slowly and painfully, tokens descend in value equivalent to a brand new Cadillac down to a value where I cant even sell them for a used 1980s Ford where the bumper falls off...

Instead, I opted to HODL… But the question remains...
Should one effectively Sell-Out and take that broke down ford valuation now?
OR.
Does one still HODL and dream of Lambos full of Women and cocaine?

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoherr

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:59:12 PM

yep i Keep on hodling. But you are Right i have made some losses with this tactic over the past. The value of most Tokens i own is the half it was at decemeber

stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:01:17 PM

This is the best time to HODL

lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:02:15 PM

If it has gone low beyond repair
No choice but to hodl and wait till the bearish moment is definitely over and done for
It has been a long bearish moment this year
Hope it gets better
atorle

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 09:03:30 PM

HODling implies we are ready to keep our investments for a long time because we have a firm believe that the prices will be better in the future.I will still, hodl my coins.it will be worth the wait hopefully
Andromada

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:03:58 PM

I have a lot of coins that I keep until better times. I specifically collected such a portfolio with a look at the future. Since I still have hope for growth at the end of the year
atorle

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 09:05:08 PM

If it has gone low beyond repair
No choice but to hodl and wait till the bearish moment is definitely over and done for
It has been a long bearish moment this year
Hope it gets better
Nothing lasts forever, the bearsh market will certainly come to an end, same way the bullish trend had its own end.It doesnt make any sense selling off now that the prices are at their lowest
Eadefemi

Activity: 276

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:05:42 PM

More than ever before, YOU MUST HODL...

Infact, buy a big bag and then HODL
husanlarisa

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:07:31 PM

Right now is a tough time for anybody holding tokens. The HODL strategies put into effect a mere 3 months ago have cost portfolios a huge % loss in value...
I myself have witnessed thousands upon thousands in value destruction. Hrmmm, but what to do now?

Although I have watched, slowly and painfully, tokens descend in value equivalent to a brand new Cadillac down to a value where I cant even sell them for a used 1980s Ford where the bumper falls off...

OR.

I don't think that the one who still HODL dreams of Lambos full of Women and cocaine.
Instead, he's nervous, he wants his position to get back in +, but that's a hard thing to be done.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:11:37 PM

Can relate to your anxiety mate but for us not to lose that Cadillac we must not buy that old model Ford. Patience may be a battered word for now but we must hang on to it. I know it is easier said than done but i do trust my instinct for now. Maybe regret later but at least at least i do hold with my own decision.
Babyhouse

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:12:00 PM

OR.

I think I will prefer on hodl right now. The market is in a bad shape and losses can be clearly seen. If you are going to dump right now the  it will cause you more loss and you will regret it if the market will start to recover.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:16:15 PM

Second choice, if you've already decided to HODL - why give up? You should've either sell everything out immediately when the prices of all top coins in the market began to crash somewhere in March, or, if you were holding all this time - don't make it worthless. Yes, the market is red again, -10% for Ether and -7% for XRP, that seemed to be the future are frightening now, but unless you believe that cryptocurrency is bubble you shouldn't worry and think that it's the end now. Microsoft stocks were volatile at the beginning and other successful companies too, but eventually people made millions on it, so don't waste a chance and read some encouraging articles, like this one: https://smartereum.com/2732/bitcoin-price-prediction-2018-can-cryptocurrency-hit-50000-or-100000-this-year-forecast-2018-mon-aug-13/
justsimpleram

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

bithostcoin.io

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 09:20:48 PM

HODL we can't do anything now because we take a risk at the beginning so that keep taking risk until the end. While holding buy some of it to gain more when it pump soon. I take the risk now because I lose some of my profits now so the better way to gain it again is to hodl and buy more of it believe what you hodl then don't sell while the market is very low right now.

Jr Member

(((     MARTKIST.org     )))     ►  Decentralized Anarchy!
►  Community Focus     ►  No Premine     ► 
sousay

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:26:14 PM

I am already holding my coin for 2 months now and I prefer to hold longer because of the market status.It feels bad watching your coin decreasing but I am still hoping that it will recover soon.
makeitweird

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:28:52 PM

I got into crypto with a 5-10 year plan with money that I won't need anytime soon, it's my "early" retirement fund so HODL and buy more is my easy answer.  Sucks to see the value go down but zoom out and the market is still doing well over time.  Unless you think price determines whether you made a good choice buying to begin with, then sell away
Mr.Ease (OP)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:35:41 PM

Second choice, if you've already decided to HODL - why give up? You should've either sell everything out immediately when the prices of all top coins in the market began to crash somewhere in March, or, if you were holding all this time - don't make it worthless. Yes, the market is red again, -10% for Ether and -7% for XRP, that seemed to be the future are frightening now, but unless you believe that cryptocurrency is bubble you shouldn't worry and think that it's the end now. Microsoft stocks were volatile at the beginning and other successful companies too, but eventually people made millions on it, so don't waste a chance and read some encouraging articles, like this one: https://smartereum.com/2732/bitcoin-price-prediction-2018-can-cryptocurrency-hit-50000-or-100000-this-year-forecast-2018-mon-aug-13/

Yeah, I have a couple where this Cadillac analogy comes into play and I have had the plans to hold them until either a Lambo or Death...

And quite honestly, all my alt investments were made from bitcoin purchased years ago... So, it's more like taking profit - watch it skyrocket - then slowly watching it get destroyed because "I believe in the project"

I was just curious what others thought of the upcoming market situation and how 3 months can really change things around here. I also think anyone who can make it through these tough times deserves the rewarding experience of profiting off the bull runs.

Great replies!

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
Cahndeso

Activity: 189

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:45:33 PM

For now I agree with it. I'm still hodl my coins, bcs if I sell my crypto asset for now. I've loss a lot

FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:00:39 PM

If you have witnessed the market slump and didn't short, you are now bag–holding—you have two choices: either get out and recoup (easier said than done), or wait it out especially if you hold one of the top coins (requires eliminating emotions, and patience). If you are going to take the second choice, the real question would be, for how long?

I have bought some XVG (Verge) at 0.0000320BTC thinking it bottomed, however, it has lost 40% more of its value, and I am still holding. If there is one thing I have learned trading Cryptocurrencies for more than a year, it is that short–term never works out if you want serious gains.
I had invested in a coin, waited for 3 weeks, saw no movements, and sold at 3% profit. In the 4th week, the coin witnessed its highest pump. Another incident: I bought an ERC20 token (don't recall its name) on EtherDelta, after two days it went 150% more, sold it happily, woke up next day, and it went 890% more.

What I want to say is, holding is better if you truly know which coins you have and what their foreseeable future might be.    

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:04:03 PM

This is the best time to HODL

Its a hard decision to make especially given that you started much better off then what you're on now but since you've already HODLed in my view is might as well continue.

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:08:17 PM

If the 3 months ago you still hold the low cryptos rate is not good at the moment, so my advice is to hold and wait for the market to recover. The sale of cryptos during this time is a wrong decision because it will bring a massive loss for you. Please continue to hold cryptos and wait for a bright future to come to the cryptocurrency market as the stock market recovers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: