Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Execoin: | First Open-Source Stealth Wallet Released! | Fast | ASIC-proof  (Read 281627 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wolodarsky

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:53:55 PM

Apologies if this has been addressed, but...is it  EE-EX-EE-coin, or EKSEH-coin, or Executable-coin, or...?  The name makes so much sense until I try to tell someone about it out loud  Tongue  Not a complaint; just curious.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quarkkid

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:03:13 PM

Apologies if this has been addressed, but...is it  EE-EX-EE-coin, or EKSEH-coin, or Executable-coin, or...?  The name makes so much sense until I try to tell someone about it out loud  Tongue  Not a complaint; just curious.

lol i can only say it one way....thats EXE...as in "short for executable"

i dont get what u mean man.

My reputation thread!! ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419456.0
C A Ix > >   CAIx-- Xt7qWX6LTAURHZYzjenTBNfViztCz2z72U
tbccardoso

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:04:03 PM

Please can someone tell me if p2pool are more profitable than mining pools, and exactly why? I'm thinking of switching to p2pool but I'm a little scared ...
quarkkid

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:07:34 PM

Please can someone tell me if p2pool are more profitable than mining pools, and exactly why? I'm thinking of switching to p2pool but I'm a little scared ...

Personally i have no idea, but im sure someone else here can help you

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 06:14:46 PM

Based on my experience, they aren't. (less blocks because there are less users and large number of orphans/deads and apparently the smaller your hasrate the larger the orphan rate...)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
tbccardoso

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:27:04 PM

Based on my experience, they aren't. (less blocks because there are less users and large number of orphans/deads and apparently the smaller your hasrate the larger the orphan rate...)

people are talking a lot of it, but no one explain why...
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:07:07 PM

"P2Pool is a distributed bitcoin mining pool. First, consider checking out the P2Pool Wiki, https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool , for the latest information. I think it would help to briefly explain it in terms of differences between p2pool, traditional pools, and solo mining.

Solo Mining

When you solo mine bitcoins, you have control of all aspects of mining. You decide which transactions get included in your block and you decide where the block reward goes (usually you decide to send it to one of your own addresses). However, unless you have a very large mining operation, you'll be highly affected by variance. For example:

At a the current difficulty (1733207), the average time for a 5 GH/s miner to find a block is just over 2 weeks. And it is not uncommon for you to take 3-4x longer than the average occasionally when you are unlucky. As a result, you can go long stretches without earning anything.

Traditional Pooled Mining

To solve the problem of high variance, the mining pools were created. In a traditional mining pool, many people all agree to combine their mining efforts and split the rewards according to their contributions. A sufficiently large pool may then have enough combined mining power that their average time to find a block may only be a couple hours instead of a couple weeks. As each block is found the block reward is distributed between the pool's miners. Each miner then gets smaller payments more regularly instead of one large 50 BTC payment every few weeks.

In a traditional pool, the pool operator sets up a website that miners connect to to receive mining work at a much lower difficulty so that each miner will find a valid solution every few seconds. These easy solutions, or "shares" are counted and rewards are distributed based on the proportion of shares that each miner found using one of several reward schemes. In the traditional pool, the pool operator is the one who decides what transactions go into each block and how the rewards are distributed. Typically, the pool sends all rewards to itself and then pays miners out of the pool's funds periodically.

P2Pool

P2Pool is sort of a cross between these two worlds. Like solo mining, p2pool miners are creating their own blocks and choosing which transactions go into blocks. Like pooled mining, rewards are shared between everyone who is part of the pool.

With p2pool, each miner runs a p2pool node and these nodes form a peer to peer network amongst themselves similar to how bitcoin, itself, does. Participants then connect their mining software to their local p2pool node and is given low difficulty work just as with a traditional pool. As each share is found, it is communicated to other miners on the p2pool p2p network so that all nodes are aware of who is contributing to the collective mining effort and in what capacity.

Each share also includes the reward transaction that will be used in the event that a share ends up being a valid block. That reward transaction includes directly payments to all of the recent contributors to the p2pool network. So as blocks are found, contributors directly receive their payment just as they would have with solo mining.

To ensure that everyone is playing fair, shares are assembled into a share chain in the same way that bitcoin blocks are assembled into a block chain. Each share that someone finds builds on all of the previous shares. All miners that are following the same set of established rules end up creating shares that other miners are willing to include in the share chain. Miners that don't follow the rules end up creating shares that get excluded from the main share chain and so they don't get paid when blocks are found by the other miners. In order to make it practical for nodes to be constantly passing shares around the p2p network, the share difficulty is tuned so that shares are only found 1 every 10 seconds across the entire p2pool network. The result is higher variance than at a traditional pool, but still much less variance than with solo mining.

Summary

In summary, the benefits over a traditional pool include...

Miners get paid directly and so do not have to trust a pool operator to eventually pay them.
    Miners get to choose their own transactions.
    There is no single person that has centralized control of the pool that can abuse the power of the combined mining capacity of the pool.

The drawbacks are higher variance than at traditional pools (particularly for small miners), and extra complexity in initial setup because miners have to install and configure bitcoin and the p2pool software in addition to their mining software."

found it here:
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3626/what-is-the-p2pool

this actually says nothing about profitability, oh well I hope it's been useful for you anyway Cheesy

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
Wolodarsky

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:17:29 PM

This was discussed earlier in the thread, but basically:
- No or lower fees (= ~1% higher payout, all else being equal).
- No need to trust the pool with your coins, or give away any personal info, if that's a concern.
- Potentially higher payouts overall because of rewards, but this depends on your reject rate and latency to the node.
- Need to keep your rejects low and find the most efficient node for you; if you do, it's profitable even with low hashrates.
- Payouts will continue for a LONG time after you stop mining.  Like, days.  Remember this when calculating the payout relative to pools.

See http://www.reddit.com/r/dogemining/comments/1uncvb/the_benefits_of_mining_using_p2pool_better

I've been mining EXE P2P for a while with a relatively measly 400 KH/s and have had good success.  If you only plan to mine for a few hours at a time then stick with a pool, since the PPLNS of P2P won't catch up with you in such a short time.  If you plan to mine for 24HRs+, then give P2P a shot, IF you can keep rejects in the 5% range--make sure to include something like:

Code:
--expiry 1 --scan-time 1 --queue 0
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:19:02 PM

omg i hope whoever the poor bastard is that keeps selling thier stupid amounts of exe for less than the current rate is reading this.......

YOU ARE PURE SCUM!!!

Go mine another coin and dump that, this isnt even the most profitable to mine so if you have no real interest in this coin?....why?.. your not even clever when it comes to dumping!... say's it all really...

Don't be so nervous, it's a logical step for every new coin: remember the vertcoin, for example. So many dumpers were crying literally "why we sold our vtc so cheap??!" when VTS hit 10usd per coin, lol. They dump - you buy. Easy.

it's not always like that, sometime dumping fast is a good move, not all coins become big actually it's the opposite, very few will get big and clone coin(i mean pure copy-past) aren't certainly one of those

lol to say this is a clone coin is like saying all scrypt coins are clones of each other, which isnt exactly true...

yes it has similarities to Vertcoin...but then if you think there wont be another 10-20 scrypt-jane asic-proof coin's poppin up in the nxt coming months you would be slightly delusional....then you must be telling me there NO chance any of those future coins being any good?? I dont think you can make that call to be fair...nobody know what will happen next in this game....i appreciate your a senior member and you'v been about, but these are new coins and with asics very near, migration to these coins are inevitable unless EVERYONE is gona throw away their gpu farms of thousands of dollars?? Which again seems very unlikely to me....

this is exactly a vert coin clone, coin taht are new in my opinion must have at least one peculiarity, like blackcoin, darkcoin, syncoin and huntercoin(there other but i can't remember now) and the best among those is huntercoin imho

surely you can't say that huntercoin is a clone of litecoin
SleezyPet

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:21:18 PM

Just trying to figure out why I my reference 290 and 290x can't get past 370Kh/s (on each card, not combined thank god). They are running in ubuntu 13.10 off 14.2 drivers, ADL 6.0, SDK 2.9, and the latest vertminer. Before yous say "it's dem beta drivers!!!!" know that the PTS miner, scrypt, and scrypt keccak have all run fine at decent hash rates. The flags I have are as follows...

290x
Code:
./vertminer --nscrypt -o stratum+tcp://east1.us.stratum.dedicatedpool.com:3369 * -u 0ut1awed.1 -p x -d 0 -v 1 -w 512 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency * 24000 --gpu-memclock 1490 --gpu-engine 1020 --gpu-powertune 20

Code:
./vertminer --nscrypt -o stratum+tcp://east1.us.stratum.dedicatedpool.com:3369 * -u 0ut1awed.2 -p x -d 1 -v 1 -w 256 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency * 24500 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-powertune 20

Intensity of anything over 13 (even on a single thread) would give me HW errors. Even at these settings after about 340k accepts, I have approximately 1k rejects and 80 HW errors (on each card, give or take). I have also tried dialing back the memory and increasing/decreasing clocks to no avail. As for the TC I tried everything from 10240 to 27000 with pretty much zero change. I setup specfic multiples of the 2816 on my 290x. At 4x(11264) I was getting 355Kh/s. Then at 5x(14080) and 6x(16896) I was back at the 370-375Kh/s average.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also....
GET OFF OF DEDICATED POOL! IT HAS MORE THAN HALF THE HASH AND HAS FOR QUITE SOME TIME.

Why is it still listed as the first pool in OP (with "NEW!" beside it none the less)?

With all these coins going down the drain do people really want their investments to continue to be flushed away?
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:22:58 PM

- No need to trust the pool with your coins, or give away any personal info, if that's a concern.
- Potentially higher payouts overall because of rewards, but this depends on your reject rate and latency to the node.
- Need to keep your rejects low and find the most efficient node for you; if you do, it's profitable even with low hashrates.
- Payouts will continue for a LONG time after you stop mining.  Like, days.  Remember this when calculating the payout relative to pools.

See http://www.reddit.com/r/dogemining/comments/1uncvb/the_benefits_of_mining_using_p2pool_better

I've been mining EXE P2P for a while with a relatively measly 400 KH/s and have had good success.  If you only plan to mine for a few hours at a time then stick with a pool, since the PPLNS of P2P won't catch up with you in such a short time.  If you plan to mine for 24HRs+, then give P2P a shot, IF you can keep rejects in the 5% range--make sure to include something like:

Code:

How does this affect rejects? Sorry if its too basic a question.
Wolodarsky

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:40:50 PM

Code:

How does this affect rejects? Sorry if its too basic a question.

Haha no worries, I think most people kind of figure things out as they go.  As far as I understand it, they all have to do with how work is accepted from, and given back to, the server, but I'm sorry I don't know the technical details of "how".  I suspect it forces the miner to kind of not take on any more than it can handle at a time.  I know some people like higher expiry values (up to 30 or so), so it might be worth playing with that, although 1 is the most common.  The Vertcoin forums will probably be helpful for you, too.
execoin (OP)

Activity: 204

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:43:02 PM

Just trying to figure out why I my reference 290 and 290x can't get past 370Kh/s (on each card, not combined thank god). They are running in ubuntu 13.10 off 14.2 drivers, ADL 6.0, SDK 2.9, and the latest vertminer. Before yous say "it's dem beta drivers!!!!" know that the PTS miner, scrypt, and scrypt keccak have all run fine at decent hash rates. The flags I have are as follows...

290x
Code:
./vertminer --nscrypt -o stratum+tcp://east1.us.stratum.dedicatedpool.com:3369 * -u 0ut1awed.1 -p x -d 0 -v 1 -w 512 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency * 24000 --gpu-memclock 1490 --gpu-engine 1020 --gpu-powertune 20

Code:
./vertminer --nscrypt -o stratum+tcp://east1.us.stratum.dedicatedpool.com:3369 * -u 0ut1awed.2 -p x -d 1 -v 1 -w 256 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency * 24500 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-powertune 20

Intensity of anything over 13 (even on a single thread) would give me HW errors. Even at these settings after about 340k accepts, I have approximately 1k rejects and 80 HW errors (on each card, give or take). I have also tried dialing back the memory and increasing/decreasing clocks to no avail. As for the TC I tried everything from 10240 to 27000 with pretty much zero change. I setup specfic multiples of the 2816 on my 290x. At 4x(11264) I was getting 355Kh/s. Then at 5x(14080) and 6x(16896) I was back at the 370-375Kh/s average.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also....
GET OFF OF DEDICATED POOL! IT HAS MORE THAN HALF THE HASH AND HAS FOR QUITE SOME TIME.

Why is it still listed as the first pool in OP (with "NEW!" beside it none the less)?

With all these coins going down the drain do people really want their investments to continue to be flushed away?

We already sent a message to the pool owner and moved it to the very end of the list. Please choose another pool with least hashrate! Thank you
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:50:45 PM

http://exe.poolz.net/

Working fine - join to prevent fork before hard one fork Cheesy
quarkkid

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:52:29 PM

omg i hope whoever the poor bastard is that keeps selling thier stupid amounts of exe for less than the current rate is reading this.......

YOU ARE PURE SCUM!!!

Go mine another coin and dump that, this isnt even the most profitable to mine so if you have no real interest in this coin?....why?.. your not even clever when it comes to dumping!... say's it all really...

Don't be so nervous, it's a logical step for every new coin: remember the vertcoin, for example. So many dumpers were crying literally "why we sold our vtc so cheap??!" when VTS hit 10usd per coin, lol. They dump - you buy. Easy.

it's not always like that, sometime dumping fast is a good move, not all coins become big actually it's the opposite, very few will get big and clone coin(i mean pure copy-past) aren't certainly one of those

lol to say this is a clone coin is like saying all scrypt coins are clones of each other, which isnt exactly true...

yes it has similarities to Vertcoin...but then if you think there wont be another 10-20 scrypt-jane asic-proof coin's poppin up in the nxt coming months you would be slightly delusional....then you must be telling me there NO chance any of those future coins being any good?? I dont think you can make that call to be fair...nobody know what will happen next in this game....i appreciate your a senior member and you'v been about, but these are new coins and with asics very near, migration to these coins are inevitable unless EVERYONE is gona throw away their gpu farms of thousands of dollars?? Which again seems very unlikely to me....

this is exactly a vert coin clone, coin taht are new in my opinion must have at least one peculiarity, like blackcoin, darkcoin, syncoin and huntercoin(there other but i can't remember now) and the best among those is huntercoin imho

surely you can't say that huntercoin is a clone of litecoin

I cant really make a comment about Huntercoin as iv not really looked into it.

quarkkid

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:08:11 PM

LOL just had a look at huntercoin...yeah the concept isnt bad, shame the actual game is shit tho... Undecided my friend thought of something similar a few months back.

tbccardoso

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:08:28 PM

"P2Pool is a distributed bitcoin mining pool. First, consider checking out the P2Pool Wiki, https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool , for the latest information. I think it would help to briefly explain it in terms of differences between p2pool, traditional pools, and solo mining.

Solo Mining

When you solo mine bitcoins, you have control of all aspects of mining. You decide which transactions get included in your block and you decide where the block reward goes (usually you decide to send it to one of your own addresses). However, unless you have a very large mining operation, you'll be highly affected by variance. For example:

At a the current difficulty (1733207), the average time for a 5 GH/s miner to find a block is just over 2 weeks. And it is not uncommon for you to take 3-4x longer than the average occasionally when you are unlucky. As a result, you can go long stretches without earning anything.

Traditional Pooled Mining

To solve the problem of high variance, the mining pools were created. In a traditional mining pool, many people all agree to combine their mining efforts and split the rewards according to their contributions. A sufficiently large pool may then have enough combined mining power that their average time to find a block may only be a couple hours instead of a couple weeks. As each block is found the block reward is distributed between the pool's miners. Each miner then gets smaller payments more regularly instead of one large 50 BTC payment every few weeks.

In a traditional pool, the pool operator sets up a website that miners connect to to receive mining work at a much lower difficulty so that each miner will find a valid solution every few seconds. These easy solutions, or "shares" are counted and rewards are distributed based on the proportion of shares that each miner found using one of several reward schemes. In the traditional pool, the pool operator is the one who decides what transactions go into each block and how the rewards are distributed. Typically, the pool sends all rewards to itself and then pays miners out of the pool's funds periodically.

P2Pool

P2Pool is sort of a cross between these two worlds. Like solo mining, p2pool miners are creating their own blocks and choosing which transactions go into blocks. Like pooled mining, rewards are shared between everyone who is part of the pool.

With p2pool, each miner runs a p2pool node and these nodes form a peer to peer network amongst themselves similar to how bitcoin, itself, does. Participants then connect their mining software to their local p2pool node and is given low difficulty work just as with a traditional pool. As each share is found, it is communicated to other miners on the p2pool p2p network so that all nodes are aware of who is contributing to the collective mining effort and in what capacity.

Each share also includes the reward transaction that will be used in the event that a share ends up being a valid block. That reward transaction includes directly payments to all of the recent contributors to the p2pool network. So as blocks are found, contributors directly receive their payment just as they would have with solo mining.

To ensure that everyone is playing fair, shares are assembled into a share chain in the same way that bitcoin blocks are assembled into a block chain. Each share that someone finds builds on all of the previous shares. All miners that are following the same set of established rules end up creating shares that other miners are willing to include in the share chain. Miners that don't follow the rules end up creating shares that get excluded from the main share chain and so they don't get paid when blocks are found by the other miners. In order to make it practical for nodes to be constantly passing shares around the p2p network, the share difficulty is tuned so that shares are only found 1 every 10 seconds across the entire p2pool network. The result is higher variance than at a traditional pool, but still much less variance than with solo mining.

Summary

In summary, the benefits over a traditional pool include...

Miners get paid directly and so do not have to trust a pool operator to eventually pay them.
    Miners get to choose their own transactions.
    There is no single person that has centralized control of the pool that can abuse the power of the combined mining capacity of the pool.

The drawbacks are higher variance than at traditional pools (particularly for small miners), and extra complexity in initial setup because miners have to install and configure bitcoin and the p2pool software in addition to their mining software."

found it here:
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3626/what-is-the-p2pool

this actually says nothing about profitability, oh well I hope it's been useful for you anyway Cheesy

Of course its useful! Thanks a lot!
mikk2k2

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:21:06 PM

Do we have any stratum p2p pools?

Rent My Rig: Lexie       Trust Thread: Here       Cloud Mining: Trade Ghs/BTC Here    LeaseRigs: Here
paniczklos

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:33:40 PM

Do we have any stratum p2p pools?

stratum+tcp://freebtc.eu:9173

Smiley
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:29:56 PM

nice coin is rising on coinedup
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: