Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:52:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the price slowly climbing?  (Read 23244 times)
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:15:33 PM

Hey Chodpaba, BTCurious is just taking a piss on this thread. You answered another of his questions elsewhere.
I thought that should be obvious by now Smiley
All in good spirit, of course Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 08:05:36 PM

You fooled too many, unless the whole thread was just playing along.

Chodpaba, well I think it's very interesting that, via very different methods, we're still looking at the exact same confirmation/targets. All rallies correct. I suppose the difference is what happens after $4. I expect November will see $2's again.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
BTCurious

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 08:29:19 PM

You fooled too many, unless the whole thread was just playing along.
But… but… MACADAMIA N.U.T.S. investment guidelines?

Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 08:41:28 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2011, 08:59:27 PM by 2112

Good luck making sense of frequency data in a non-linear system...
With non-linear transformations the frequency is called "quefrency" and spectrum is called "cepstrum".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cepstrum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homomorphic_filtering
http://reference.wolfram.com/legacy/applications/signals/CepstralAnalysis.html

It should really jazz-up netrin, as he likes log-scaling a lot.

Edited: added a reference to Mathematica because they have cooler graphs, although in black-and-white only.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
BTCurious

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 08:44:31 PM

Good luck making sense of frequency data in a non-linear system...
With non-linear transformations the frequency is called "quefrency" and spectrum is called "cepstrum".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cepstrum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homomorphic_filtering

It should really jazz-up netrin, as he likes log-scaling a lot.

You're not even trolling Shocked

netrin

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 09:22:14 PM

I couldn't make sense of the Wiki article and Mathematica's graphs use a linear y-axis. Me thunk it clearly nonsense until I read this regarding practical applications:

"The cepstrum can be seen as information about rate of change in the different spectrum bands. It was originally invented for characterizing the seismic echoes resulting from bitcoin trading and bomb explosions."

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
netrin

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 03:46:50 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2011, 01:16:06 AM by netrin

@netrin: but what if we were at C-5-II?
Today? Then my interpretation of the chart would be very wrong and I won't recommend listening to me further. Smiley

Wobber, using Elliott since 19 October, you should now be able to answer this yourself. IFF $2.05 ended the June correction II.c.5, then we are in the first wave of major (monthly/yearly) wave III. Let's call it III.i.4. Then 4 can not drop less than $3.3 and I would expect 5 to blow way up above the previous major correction 7-13 October, well into the $5's. Many hope that's true. I'm afraid the optimism is unfounded.

gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 05:39:50 AM

netrin: thank you very much for your advanced analysis. i enjoy it a lot.

nevertheless after lookin hours at the charts and various indicators i can't help myself and am now positioned BULLISH with a stop loss at 3.05
bollinger band tells me there will be a breakout soon (within hours i wrote this) to the upper or the downer.

i hope i am right, but i need to go to sleep now, so tomorrow i will know more.
anyone who is on the edge and not sure what to do right now: i invite you to follow me. the more you buy, the better Wink

if you are right however, netrin, then i am also prepared for what will be happening..
nevertheless: my senses tell me to be BULL right now. join in, mates.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 05:57:35 AM

nevertheless after lookin hours at the charts and various indicators i can't help myself and am now positioned BULLISH with a stop loss at 3.05
bollinger band tells me there will be a breakout soon (within hours i wrote this) to the upper or the downer.

anyone who is on the edge and not sure what to do right now: i invite you to follow me. the more you buy, the better Wink

if you are right however, netrin, then i am also prepared for what will be happening..

I'm game (and bored) although I don't have the slightest idea what a 'bollinger band' is, and relatively little interest in finding out.  Plunked on the guitar strings at Tradehill a bit to minimal effect.  If nothing else, maybe it well keep one of the poor sellers trying to use that exchange from getting too demoralized.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 06:06:23 AM

@tvbcof:

bollinger band is a standard price analyzing tool. whenever the envelopes get close to each other, "change" in the price is suggested:

take a look at $2.8 and $3.6 where the bollinger bands gets close to each other..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollinger_Bands
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 01:51:17 PM

+1
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2011, 04:12:16 PM

What seems to be happening lately is - not much. Volume (in currency) is way down, and the price isn't changing much.  That may be the shape of the endgame. It's zombie mode, the fate of many startups. They're not going anywhere, they can't pay back their investors, but they generate just enough activity to keep alive.
netrin

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 04:22:12 PM

bollinger band

Glad my work has some purpose, even if you just use it for contrarian confirmation. Smiley I've posted my rambling nonalysis yesterday https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49462.msg603999#msg603999 . I will be the first to admit, I have no idea what is happening in this correction. But I am confident that it is indeed a correction of the general downward trend. There may very well be a big burst up to $3.5-ish, but I only welcome that price with shorts. Only a major up trend, such as to $5 would make bullish again.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 04:23:05 PM

What seems to be happening lately is - not much. Volume (in currency) is way down, and the price isn't changing much.  That may be the shape of the endgame. It's zombie mode, the fate of many startups. They're not going anywhere, they can't pay back their investors, but they generate just enough activity to keep alive.

Nagle PLEASE short the currency!!! I really want to see you rewarded for your prescience!!!
BTCurious

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 04:37:59 PM

Nagle PLEASE short the currency!!! I really want to see you rewarded for your prescience!!!
If the price is constant, shorting makes no sense Roll Eyes
and neither does going long.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 04:50:53 PM

all markets take time to breathe.  the poster above who mentioned Bollinger Bands is correct.  the narrowing indicates this resting state.  a breakout move is imminent.  obviously as a bull, i think it will be up as i think the primary downtrend has been broken based on not only technical factors but fundamentals as well.

we also see the second of 2 flag formations which also should break up if the primary downtrend has been broken.  within these larger formations exist smaller flag formations which have broken up.

to me the $2 floor makes sense even for a fledgling currency b/c:

1.  almost 3 yrs old with no problems.
2.  $1 to me would mean equality with the USD which i think is bunk and doesn't factor its premium.
3.  the limited supply.
4.  the fluidity of transfer.
5.  the overall turn in the general markets oriented towards the next reflationary phase will drive ALL assets up especially Bitcoin.
     a.  downturn of the USD
     b.  sovereign bond selloff
     c.  US Treasury selloff
     d.  gold/silver stuck
     e.  stock mkt reflating
6.  overall bid side has inflated
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 04:53:09 PM

Ho-Lee-Shit!  Look at the 20,000 ask wall at 3.20 on bitcoinity.org!

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
blueadept

Activity: 225
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 04:59:13 PM

2.  $1 to me would mean equality with the USD which i think is bunk and doesn't factor its premium.
3.  the limited supply.
5.  the overall turn in the general markets oriented towards the next reflationary phase will drive ALL assets up especially Bitcoin.
     a.  downturn of the USD
     c.  US Treasury selloff
     d.  gold/silver stuck
     e.  stock mkt reflating
6.  overall bid side has inflated

Remember the fact that more and more merchant solutions and wallets are coming out, and in the next few months, the Bitcoin network will have more capability in terms of multisig transactions, escrow, etc.  The fundamentals are getting better as the currency is on its way to becoming more usable by normal people.  We're still early adopters at this stage of the game.

Like my posts?  Connect with me on LinkedIn and endorse my "Bitcoin" skill.
Decentralized, instant off-chain payments.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 05:03:41 PM

3.  the limited supply.
     a.  downturn of the USD
     c.  US Treasury selloff
     d.  gold/silver stuck
     e.  stock mkt reflating

Remember the fact that more and more merchant solutions and wallets are coming out, and in the next few months, the Bitcoin network will have more capability in terms of multisig transactions, escrow, etc.  The fundamentals are getting better as the currency is on its way to becoming more usable by normal people.  We're still early adopters at this stage of the game.

very true.  but there are so many skeptics around here that will miss the opportunity to become early adopters b/c no price will be low enough for them to jump in.  they are the victims of linear thinking that just draw a line straight down from July and extrapolate it into the ground.  this is how bull markets shake off the doubters.  
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 05:21:33 PM

3.  the limited supply.
     a.  downturn of the USD
     c.  US Treasury selloff
     d.  gold/silver stuck
     e.  stock mkt reflating

Remember the fact that more and more merchant solutions and wallets are coming out, and in the next few months, the Bitcoin network will have more capability in terms of multisig transactions, escrow, etc.  The fundamentals are getting better as the currency is on its way to becoming more usable by normal people.  We're still early adopters at this stage of the game.

very true.  but there are so many skeptics around here that will miss the opportunity to become early adopters b/c no price will be low enough for them to jump in.  they are the victims of linear thinking that just draw a line straight down from July and extrapolate it into the ground.  this is how bull markets shake off the doubters.  

its just greed in the opposite sense.  the bears want to pick up coins at $.01/BTC as if they somehow deserve to be early adopters and ride the wave back up gladly cheering the price rise and pumping their brilliance at picking a bottom.  all the hoarding arguments would just vanish.

but markets are rude and unaccommodating in that sense.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: