Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:19:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Avalon Avalon2 Setup [HD]  (Read 31271 times)
dogepls

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:39:42 AM

im running my miner with
sudo ./cgminer -S /dev/ttyUSB0 --avalon2-freq 500 --avalon2-voltage 7250 --avalon2-fan 100 -o pool -u  user -p pass
and im only getting 35-40gh, what am i doing wrong
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FirestarterX

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:13:47 AM

Nice guides. Wishing you luck with your projects from Singapore!
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:42:41 AM

BFGMiner 4.6 (just released) can now support Avalon2 devices - even alongside other devices or more Avalon2 devices.

Do you have decent fan logic/thermal control? The stock avalon2 cgminer driver has a limitation where fans don't ramp until >59degC which is just way too hot for my application.
I'm not sure that's something the host has control over...

There's definitely some software limitation preventing full control of the fan, ie the fan refuses to go lower than x rpm even though the fan itself can go significantly lower. It simply stops responding to the PWM % if you set it any lower in the configuration.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:43:26 AM

im running my miner with
sudo ./cgminer -S /dev/ttyUSB0 --avalon2-freq 500 --avalon2-voltage 7250 --avalon2-fan 100 -o pool -u  user -p pass

Got a screenshot?

jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:01:50 PM

BFGMiner 4.6 (just released) can now support Avalon2 devices - even alongside other devices or more Avalon2 devices.

Do you have decent fan logic/thermal control? The stock avalon2 cgminer driver has a limitation where fans don't ramp until >59degC which is just way too hot for my application.
I'm not sure that's something the host has control over...

In the case of these Avalon modules it is under host control, at least during runtime. Temps can be read and fan speeds set, which is already done in the cgminer driver (driver-avalon2.c) - but currently the upper and lower limits are static. I'd post some of the code but this messageboard nukes the formatting, the function at line 237 is where the magic happens.

I need to keep temperatures low, so I don't even bump into the upper limit.
jimrome

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:03:02 PM

im running my miner with

Got a screenshot?

Those frequencies and voltages are for an avalon3 - if you have an avalon2 there are different values for both. If you do have an avalon3 just ignore this, it wasn't clear from the post.
dogepls

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:21:13 PM

im running my miner with

Got a screenshot?

Those frequencies and voltages are for an avalon3 - if you have an avalon2 there are different values for both. If you do have an avalon3 just ignore this, it wasn't clear from the post.
i am running the avalon 2, do you know what settings should i have?
jimrome

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:25:52 PM

im running my miner with

Got a screenshot?

In the webui it says Frequency 1500 and Voltage 10000 for an avalon2.
dogepls

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:50:12 PM

im running my miner with

Got a screenshot?

In the webui it says Frequency 1500 and Voltage 10000 for an avalon2.

thanks!! i got it working now. btw thank you too dogie for making this these threads.
jeffie_3

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:59:26 PM

How do you reset to factory an Avalon2? Was logged in adjusting the network settings. Lost power and now I cannot log in at all. I ran IP scanner and it doesn't show up.

Help??

Jeff
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 12:53:57 AM

How do you reset to factory an Avalon2? Was logged in adjusting the network settings. Lost power and now I cannot log in at all. I ran IP scanner and it doesn't show up.

Help??

Jeff

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/generic.failsafe#triggering.via.hardware.button.standard.openwrt.method

jeffie_3

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:40:07 AM

Help??

Jeff

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/generic.failsafe#triggering.via.hardware.button.standard.openwrt.method

I am useing a Raspberry Pi. The link seems to be for a Tp-Link.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 03:26:26 AM

Help??

Jeff

You didn't say, most people use TP-Links. If its a Pi just image the SD and start again, won't take more than 10 minuites.

jeffie_3

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:43:30 PM

Help??

Jeff

You didn't say, most people use TP-Links. If its a Pi just image the SD and start again, won't take more than 10 minuites.

Tried that 1st thing. So why don't most people use the Raspberry Pi?

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 02:20:34 PM

Help??

Jeff

TP Link is cheaper and is simpler.

jeffie_3

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:05:01 PM

Help??

Jeff

TP Link is cheaper and is simpler.

I bought one awhile ago, just never set it up. Any good instructions on setting it up?

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:00:43 PM

To "factory reset" a pi, usually you just take the SD card out and reprogram it...

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 05:05:34 PM

To "factory reset" a pi, usually you just take the SD card out and reprogram it...

That's what I suggested, so I'm confused why he says that wouldn't work :/

jeffie_3

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:59:25 PM

I have tried it again and still the same. I guess I have other problems with the system. Any ideas?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 06:48:19 PM

I have tried it again and still the same. I guess I have other problems with the system. Any ideas?

Google how to flash an image to your TP link and download the Avalon image onto it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: