Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:16:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 164706 times)
cheezhead

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:57:17 PM

Similar, although back on the 19th, trading DOGE to BTC. Got wallet errors, but thought I'd got all my BTC out, except one set never arrived. Still waiting on any indication of what's going on (are they working on crediting broken withdrawals, or are they simply auditing the whole lot before freezing it, or has Kumala had a nervous breakdown and everything's on autopilot?)

Kumala is not working on crediting the broken withdrawals problem.  Those funds were stolen and used to pay off other accounts.  It's one thing to get yourself in trouble running a fractional exchange and quite another to outright steal trade funds.  Kumala is worse than the hackers who raided him. 

He is a criminal and should be arrested.

Does anyone have any personal information about Kumala?  He needs to go to jail, methinks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:15:52 PM

Poloniex handled their crisis so well. They communicated immediately and told everyone upfront what was going on. They took customer input into account and came up with a plan for repayment. It is working.

Not communicating is killing Vircurex.  No one wants to hear bad news but its no fun to be left hanging on to hope if there is no hope.

Talk to us Vircurex.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 06:07:27 PM

I really liked Vircurex.  It was really something back in the day, and I am sorry to see it go.  I think it's possible it could come back, but for now I'll be only watching from the sidelines.

I miss it.
Let's hope it will return back

Yes, it was one of the good ones. But i can't really see how that will play out Sad

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:37:57 AM

Not communicating is killing Vircurex. 

So is the part where they communicated one thing and then did another. Did anybody else get caught out believing their claim that the 'freezing' date for existing balances was the 24th and that from that day forward deposits and withdrawals would be fine for new funds, only to then have them issue that bullshit "so, as we we said, we will be freezing the balances on the 25th . . ." message?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:46:39 AM

ppc orderbook:

232.0000             0.00430000   0.9976
410.0077              0.00421235   1.7271
0.7190              0.00421003   0.0030
0.8990              0.00420003   0.0038
1.1240              0.00419003   0.0047
1.4050              0.00418003   0.0059
1.7560              0.00417003   0.0073
2.1950               0.00416003   0.0091
10,010.0000      0.00400000   40.0400
10,000.0000      0.00390000   39.0000
30.0000               0.00323523   0.0971
10,000.0000       0.00200000   20.0000
9,941.7400       0.00100000   9.9417
300.0000               0.00090000   0.2700
50.0000               0.00069000   0.0345
260.7100               0.00068000   0.1773
1,199.0000       0.00060001   0.7194
9,966.1325      0.00052030   5.1854
5.0000               0.00038100   0.0019
2.4000               0.00024000   0.0006

just wondering. who the heck keeps 100 btc on vircurex after what happened? must be one of kumala's friends (I'm sure he's got friend with lots of coins),
Kumala, read my pvt message and reply to me. do as I adviced.
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 11:18:53 AM

just wondering. who the heck keeps 100 btc on vircurex after what happened? must be one of kumala's friends (I'm sure he's got friend with lots of coins),

This would make a good reason for the "top-down" distribution of half of all coins.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:50:35 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 03:03:29 PM by mdtspain

On the 23rd of march, I deposited 1.000.000 dogecoins on my account with Vicurex. Sold them and tried to transfer the BTC to my wallet.

As everybody now know, this was not possible, even that the balances where not frozen. The next day....Move to reserved funds.

I don't agree with this. This money is not yours, you can not decide what to do with it.

If somebody has any information about these owners.... MAKE IT PUBLIC. I want to know who is holding my BTC, like everybody else like to know who has his money. Nobody gives his money to a stranger on the corner of the street and asks him to hold it for a month.

We need to let these scammers know that we don't take it anymore if they commit these crimes. Otherwise they will keep on going and steel our money.

Watch out for these guys. They also are the owners Cryptostocks….be aware they are scammers!!!!!!!

cheezhead

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:30:38 PM

If somebody has any information about these owners.... MAKE IT PUBLIC. I want to know who is holding my BTC, like everybody else like to know who has his money. Nobody gives his money to a stranger on the corner of the street and asks him to hold it for a month.

I have a similar story.  I traded BTC for almost 450 LTCs on March 21st.  Kumala accepted my funds, allowed the trade, then generated a system error when I tried to retrieve them a few minutes later.  The total time my funds were on Vircurex was less than 45 minutes.  For people who traded during this time period, Kumala is not holding your coins - he stole them.  He took them knowing full well you would not get them back then gave them to insiders to protect himself.  I have reached out to Kumala both on this site and Vircurex and he's not replying.  I know he logs on every single day so he sees the messages.  The hacking problems with his accounts many months ago do not warrant criminal behavior on his part.

I am committing a total of 450 LTCs (the amount he stole from me) as bounties in order to get information about Vircurex and Kumala, specifically.  I already know some important things but want to learn as much as I can.  He can be held civilly liable, but more importanly, criminally liable. 

If you have any information that can help me prosecute Kumala (personal info, anecdotes, evidence), contact me and give me the nature of what you have.  We can then negotiate a bounty for the actual information.  I will eventually share everything I learn publically on this board.

If anyone wants to contribute their own bounty, let me know and I'll include you in the process.  I don't want your coins.  I'll just include your bounty information and you'll be responsible for delivering the bounty as you see fit.

Flying to Kumala's current location and knocking at his residence?  Yes, I am one of those guys.  My passport is in my top drawer and I'm ready to go.  Had Kumala intended on making good eventually, he wouldn't have stolen trade deposits to pay off himself and silence his friends. 

Please contact me ASAP with the nature of any information you think is valuable.

gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:46:47 PM

still withdrwals on qrk stuck with no txid ... sent two mails - no answers
rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:09:51 PM

still withdrwals on qrk stuck with no txid ... sent two mails - no answers

Same with a BTC withdrawal from the 19th. Three emails unresponded to.

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:12:54 PM

I agree there withdraws and deposits where super fast never had a problem.

I liked them too.  After their hacking problems, I decided I couldn't keep coins in my account but I did transact all my trades with them to help support the replenishment of their funds.  In sincere appreciation of my support, they stole 443 litecoins from me.......

On 3/21, I transferred Bitcoins to my account and traded them for LTC.  It required multiple trades and I had 443 LTC in my account within 45 minutes.  I literally sat by my computer until the last trade, then tried to transfer the LTC back to my wallet as soon as it showed up.  That's how I've conducted every transaction with any exchange.  I received the "pop-up" error when I tried to transfer back.  I alerted Vircurex to the problem and soon after, a post when up that they were aware of the problem and working on it.  I retried the transfer hundreds of times over the next few days using different computers, OS, and browsers - same error.

Of course, a few days later my 443 LTC are frozen and I'll never see them again.  They allowed me to deposit and trade when they knew, but did not disclose to me, they would seize my funds and distribute them to someone else.  Vircurex resorted to stealing new trade desposits.  This is not bad business, this is criminal activity.

Kumala should not only be sued, he should be arrested.  

Does anyone have any personal information on this crook?

dude you need to take some responsibility for this too... after mt gox collapsed and so many other exchanges were attacked.. only a complete fool or extremely wealthy gambler would move that many coins to any exchange.

I got sucked into this one too.. I saw some cheap LTC and without thinking I deposited some BTC and sold other coins so I could buy them up.
it was only after I had bought the LTC that I noticed the warning that funds would be frozen (It was not posted very prominently at all)
so on the one hand yes I was a little annoyed that my funds were frozen but on the other hand I'm equally annoyed with myself for not realizing that something was afoot with such extraordinarily cheap prices.

the bottom line of course.. you were the stupid enough to put that many coins onto the exchange and so now you have to wait several (perhaps many) months to get them back...
remember kids... this is bitcoinland you cant expect people to be honest and upfront all the time, you can't expect people to protect you from your own stupidity and in the bitcoin network.. you cannot prevent people from sending you money (ie making deposits)..

so please don't try this at home...

just my 2c.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:19:26 PM

Blaming the clients and blaming one's self is just WRONG.

People need to quit trying to rationalize this fiasco.

Those that keeping touting " don't keep your coins on exchanges or its your own fault " need to give their heads a shake.

We entrust exchanges with our money. It is their responsibility to protect it whilst under their care. End of story.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:36:11 PM

I can't understand that you guys protect the thieves. This time they stole my money, even though my coins don't stay on exchanges, unless I want to buy or sell some coins. This time I sold 1.000.000 dogecoin for BTC. When I wanted to withdraw the BTC, it was not possible. The next day it was froozen.

So all you smart people with your wise advices and telling me it is my own fold..... Maybe you are one of those thieves trying to clear your mind.

I think that we should raise a bounty so we can convince people to give up the names and whereabout of these thieves. I only lost 1.5BTC but I am willing to give a tenfould of that, against todays rate, to let these F*ckers know that they can't do this with the comunity
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:08:22 PM

I can't understand that you guys protect the thieves. This time they stole my money, even though my coins don't stay on exchanges, unless I want to buy or sell some coins. This time I sold 1.000.000 dogecoin for BTC. When I wanted to withdraw the BTC, it was not possible. The next day it was froozen.

So all you smart people with your wise advices and telling me it is my own fold..... Maybe you are one of those thieves trying to clear your mind.

I think that we should raise a bounty so we can convince people to give up the names and whereabout of these thieves. I only lost 1.5BTC but I am willing to give a tenfould of that, against todays rate, to let these F*ckers know that they can't do this with the comunity

Curious,  did you sell DOGE at a premium from prevailing prices? 

The reason that it was a premium was because people were trying to get out at all costs.  I took a 35% haircut exchanging my BTC to DOGE to get out.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:31:33 PM

dude you need to take some responsibility for this too... after mt gox collapsed and so many other exchanges were attacked.. only a complete fool or extremely wealthy gambler would move that many coins to any exchange.

Can I just emphasise those of us who lost coins on withdrawal, before there was any official freeze...

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
Dexter44

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:28:52 PM

I can only say Kumala is getting this all wrong:

- poor communication: wrong move
- privilege the first leaving the exchange: wrong
- distribute remaining coins unequally: wrong
- freeze 2014 people's account for something happened to may 2013 customers' account: wrong

What could Kumala do to rivitalise Vircurex.com?

- a restyling of the website
- a LTC <-> frozenLTC exchange, similar to bitcoinbuilder, allowing people to withdraw immediately
- include much more coins, with the pay-per-vote system
- redistribute new coins fairly, like poloniex is doing

I know some purists here can see as wrong to accept scam on-board, but better to have scam on-board then be a scam!

Kumala, wake up! And don't fly to Japan...
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 10:31:10 PM

Can I just emphasise those of us who lost coins on withdrawal, before there was any official freeze...

Agreed, I was just going to cash out a few LTC to cover my mining expenses, got my BTC redraw freeze right after the exchange.
Well I know the risk about keeping funds online on exchange, try to keep the funds there as short as possible, but I have to change my LTC to BTC once in a while, since I have mining expenses.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 10:38:52 PM

Is there any movement of frozen funds to the unfrozen state at all?  Even fractional?

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:59:35 PM

I am satisfied with Kumala's communication and I vow to continue keeping funds and trading with vircurex if they deliver my 'frozen funds' back in a reasonable amount of time. (if at least to help further customers get repaid)

Shows just BTC/LTC frozen and part of my BTC as 'available'

People using this site if this is someone your 'first' compromise or hack on a site with your funds should realize; almost never does the owner vow to payback the users in FULL (forgive me if something changed, haven't read ALL recent pages)

I was burned by TradeFortress site, lost thousands, and now cryptostocks was hacked (not my email) and lost a few thousand there.

Vircurex has been around for years and it's not a come and leave site that deserves abandoning.

In other words, don't be so pessimistic. If a site has such big problems as this; don't they have the experience to have learned about security ? It should help improve the site for next installment. Maybe they need a new re-design from scratch; I do not know...

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
mhps

Activity: 516

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:30:35 AM

Is there any movement of frozen funds to the unfrozen state at all?  Even fractional?

The payback plan was laid out in the initial announcement https://vircurex.com/welcome/ann_reserved.html
Everyone logged in on the 24th should see the announcement. However Vircurex should have given a notice where trasaction message is displayed.
I thought Kumala was being nice to allow unstolen types of coins to be withdrawn, instead of shutting all exists immediately.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: