Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:33:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival! KGW, POS/POW hybrid [TRADING ON CRYPTSY]  (Read 51743 times)
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:07:06 PM

dear irishman,
s00py coins d0n't 3v3r w0rk

bee7 only you can save The Galaxy !!

Thank you for belief in my skills, but I think you overestimate my capacity Smiley Although I could take over every dying coin but then I will get an army of haters.

The shitsy deposit problem is not linked to Galaxycoin wallet or network IMO. As I have no relation to this exchange other than being a regular customer, so I have no power to fix this deposit problem.

BTW, the galaxycoin network behaves quite well as far as I see.
icecube45 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:19:28 PM

dear irishman,
s00py coins d0n't 3v3r w0rk

bee7 only you can save The Galaxy !!

Thank you for belief in my skills, but I think you overestimate my capacity Smiley Although I could take over every dying coin but then I will get an army of haters.

The shitsy deposit problem is not linked to Galaxycoin wallet or network IMO. As I have no relation to this exchange other than being a regular customer, so I have no power to fix this deposit problem.

BTW, the galaxycoin network behaves quite well as far as I see.

I've been trying my contacts at cryptsy, they've been busy.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 11:58:14 PM

Devs,

Can anything be done to drop the subsidy and max supply?  That am stop the freefall.  There's too much inflation in these older coins.  Most new coins now have less than 21 million max supply and their prices are consistently way higher than these older coins.  Hype and pumps aside.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:26:37 AM

For everyone who's been having problems with Galaxycoin deposits to Cryptsy:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=728253.0

Posting in that thread must have jinxed me (or someone at Cryptsy cracked the shits) - my GLX deposits have now disappeared from the pending list.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:42:27 AM

Devs,

Can anything be done to drop the subsidy and max supply?  That am stop the freefall.  There's too much inflation in these older coins.  Most new coins now have less than 21 million max supply and their prices are consistently way higher than these older coins.  Hype and pumps aside.
+1

This coin comes from a different time, failed to really take, BUT still has survived.  

Most the xxxMillion coins from last year coins are still below count 100 Million for some time.  So there is an awkward zone between 30Million to 3Billion that few coins are at.  Hence, difficult for the market to judge.  They get treated like +Billion coins price wise.

So slowing the "freefall" is a very good idea.  Bonus, extended coin spec longevity without dropping the max, just it won't arrive for decades.

I am very conservative about 'changing the specs' but there is no harm to investors that I see.  

And the community is small so consensus would be easy to access.

Make it +2

Anyone object?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:18:41 AM

For everyone who's been having problems with Galaxycoin deposits to Cryptsy:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=728253.0

Posting in that thread must have jinxed me (or someone at Cryptsy cracked the shits) - my GLX deposits have now disappeared from the pending list.

It wasn't that, the same thing has been happening on Cryptsy with many other coins. Deposits show as pending for a long time with thousands of confirmations, then suddenly disappear from the pending deposits list and aren't credited to the users balances either. My GLX deposits disappeared before I even started that thread. The exchange doesn't seem to be concerned in the least about the fact that they are effectively defrauding their users. I believe it's time for everyone who has had their coins stolen by Cryptsy to start taking further action. A few of us already are.
bee7

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:06:01 AM

Been nearly two weeks now. I'm expecting it to be credited any day now. Probably just needs some more confirms. 6 obviously aint enough.

I wish. 

After about 1.5 months and 60,000 to 70,000 confirmations for my sets of transfers, my coin disappeared from Pending right after I confirmed their independent inquiry that the problem still existed.  They still haven't shown up anywhere.  The last transfer currently shows almost 70,000 as well now.  (I suppose it would be less painful to just hear that the GLX was stolen, rather than see it dragged out this long.)  Looks like around 100 satoshi per GLX back at the time of transfer and now 23.

the same story here. The deposit of 35k that I done in last days of May just disappeared. Neither excuses nor explanations.

It must be the moon fell down to the Earth. I just got my May's deposit of 35k GLX to my cryptsy account:

Galaxycoin   giNMJkKbSdK2Tbp3uE2RDXYGBae3UTuKDg   35647.00000000 GLX   2014-08-17 19:47:14
GLX   TrxID: 51a47bfce983baf0648ce2d80cd7c76bb9c6f75feb9d9ac97766a5373edd4e97

Smiley
TheIrishman
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:09:00 AM

BitJohn just PM'd me informing that the problem had been resolved, so I logged on to Cryptsy to check and confirmed that all three deposits were finally credited.
bee7

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:10:53 AM

BitJohn just PM'd me informing that the problem had been resolved, so I logged on to Cryptsy to check and confirmed that all three deposits were finally credited.

Well, the price dropped 5 times since May, did he promise any compensations on behalf of cryptsy?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:56:11 AM

Well, the price dropped 5 times since May, did he promise any compensations on behalf of cryptsy?

Why would Cryptsy have to compensate for the price drop?

Have you looked at other alts over the past week and over the past 2 months?  Almost every single one is down massively.  It's the trend right now and it could get even uglier before the next boom. 

almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:39:51 AM

Because the GLX could have (should have!) been sold in May at 5 times its current value.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:27:13 AM

Spacetravelling can takes months or years to arrive at the target, that's why Galaxy is a good name for this coin:)
Glad things are back to normal now, still holding some of these.
ADRIATICon

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:30:17 PM

Because the GLX could have (should have!) been sold in May at 5 times its current value.

My GLX is finally there as well, but worthless almost.  That leaves them to post my other altcoin deposit from months ago.
TheIrishman
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:20:16 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 02:18:48 AM by TheIrishman

You're absolutely right. I even thought of starting a campaign to demand more from Cryptsy. However, from previous experience (including my experience as a consumer defense activist for over 15 years), I've learned that most people won't leave their comfort zones to participate in this kind of action. Take user ADRIATICon above, for example - he only PM'd BitJohn and posted on the thread that he had done that, but never exposed to the community exactly what happened to his coins. And he is far from being the only one to act like this. Since I have no vocation for martyrdom, I decided to leave it up to each affected user to look after himself, even though that kind of selfish attitude disgusts me.
ADRIATICon

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:48:59 PM

You're absolutely right. I even thought of starting a campaign to demand more from Cryptsy. However, from previous experience (including my experience as a consumer defense activist for over 15 years), I've learned that most people won't leave their comfort zones to participate in this kind of action. Take user ADRIATICon above, for example - he only PM'd BitJohn and posted on the thread that he had done that, but never exposed to the community exactly what happened to his coins. And he is far from being the only one to act like this. Since I have no vocation for martyrdom, I decided to leave it up to each affected user to look after himself, even though that kind of selfish attitude disgusts me.

Thanks, TheIrishman.  Since you "ask", I'll share that, beyond being a Newbie, I am a very small-time miner that is being forced out of mining due to the server farms, increasing difficulty, low profitability, and lack of free time to monitor various "options."  For my small and late posted deposits, Cryptsy eventually threw me some Points after complaining privately to them, and I cannot afford to continue to pursue what is of little reward with anything like litigation. I also suspect others are in the same position I am but don't participate in a forum.  Those with server farms and dedicated staffs can probably carry the mantle much more affordably by taking further action and sharing their experiences for others to benefit from.  Sincerely, good luck.
bee7

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:58:57 PM

It might be an excuse, of course, from the Cryptsy: a few days ago they started to pay daily rebates for BTC and LTC (may be other coins as well) daily balances maintained:

Code:
BitCoin		0.00000009 BTC	2014-08-19 03:04:54	2014-08-19 03:08:36
Description: BTC Balance Rebate for 2014-08-18

But better they fix their deposit/withdrawal problems IMO.
TheIrishman
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:17:30 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 04:54:53 AM by TheIrishman

Thanks, TheIrishman.  Since you "ask", I'll share that, beyond being a Newbie, I am a very small-time miner that is being forced out of mining due to the server farms, increasing difficulty, low profitability, and lack of free time to monitor various "options."  For my small and late posted deposits, Cryptsy eventually threw me some Points after complaining privately to them, and I cannot afford to continue to pursue what is of little reward with anything like litigation. I also suspect others are in the same position I am but don't participate in a forum.  Those with server farms and dedicated staffs can probably carry the mantle much more affordably by taking further action and sharing their experiences for others to benefit from.  Sincerely, good luck.

Spare me your lame excuses, I've heard it all before. Now allow me to translate what you wrote: you're the typical selfish coward because of whom things like that happen and scammers get away with their scams. According to BitJohn, 425 Galaxycoin miners had their Crypsty deposits credited because I started that thread and threatened them with taking further actions like filing complaints with the BBB and other entities, so FUCK YOU AND THE REST OF YOUR FUCKING TAME SHEEPLE HERD. And by the way, I mine with a single Radeon HD 7950.

icecube45 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:53:25 PM

Galaxy dead? Revival was scam?

What now?

This is the first I've heard of myself being a scam..

If I am a scam, please let me know so that I can avoid myself.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 04:36:57 PM

Half a billion coins max cap?  Given so many alts now that's just way too much supply.  Why not cut the subsidy (inflation)  and max cap (dilution) by a significant amount?  Quite a few top coins have been doing this lately with very positive results.

Cheers!

icecube45 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:55:07 PM

Half a billion coins max cap?  Given so many alts now that's just way too much supply.  Why not cut the subsidy (inflation)  and max cap (dilution) by a significant amount?  Quite a few top coins have been doing this lately with very positive results.

Cheers!

ha ha Purpose of "revival" was only so he could dump his remaining coins. It was a scam it looks like.

Send him some graphics, he can do that. ha ha

I'm literally right here.. posted the other day..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: