Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:06:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango exchange (formerly Britcoin)  (Read 75292 times)
jonathan

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 02:47:44 PM

: "Give me a couple days."

Take your time, I'm in no rush whatsoever. BitMarket.eu is just fine for me in the meantime. Take it easy :-)
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 02:24:57 AM

Id like to report a problem...i filled out a withdraw request,and now when i click on the request id # it says : Requested withdrawal of  GBP to
thats it..nothing after to..its not reporting the name of the beneficiary account details etc like it used to on britcoin

I think I know what the problem is. Would you mind sending me your account login to support@intersango.com? The front-end of the site is simply display, but internally everything should be fine.

Thanks.
Donald_Norman

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 09:20:51 AM

: "Give me a couple days."

Take your time, I'm in no rush whatsoever. BitMarket.eu is just fine for me in the meantime. Take it easy :-)

I'm not sure I follow this correctly.

Admittedly I took only a cursory glance, but BitMarket.eu doesn't seem to have their identities up or a Terms of Service that I can find. The ToS we have is not just to protect us but also to protect user funds (ie we don't advocate illegal activity and if we find people using our services illegal we may have to report such things to protect not just our site but also our other users funds.)

I can't vouch for BitMarket.eu but relatively speaking I have not hear of them lying, stealing or being hacked or any combination thereof so that puts them at the head of the pack for most prominent bitcoin exchanges. However, I can't even see the company name behind BitMarket.eu (again maybe need to look a lot longer). I think they will be attending the European Bitcoin Conference, if so, that will add some credibility. However, they may simply just be a sponsor. I really cannot comment on BitMarket.eu. They may be amazing people. Logically however I'm uncertain why you would prefer them now unless there is a plethora of information about them which I have not been able to easily find.

A prominent member of Bitcoin once told me he did not want to promote Britcoin (he was promoting other exchanges which had lied to their users). His reason was because Britcoin used to say something to the effect of "Once you have bought your Bitcoins please withdraw them from the site and into your personal wallet." Perhaps we are overly paranoid about security to the degree that it hurts our marketing. It is pretty ironic. We also have a running joke that having your exchange hacked and riddled in other controversies might really help your SEO which may sadly be true.

As we're running a free service we must be patient with our legal advice. The man who is helping us (and in turn our users) is doing so pro bono. It is not that I am being slow on this, I simply cannot demand the lawyer's time unless there was something urgent.
saadtariq30

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 01:48:48 PM

Id like to report a problem...i filled out a withdraw request,and now when i click on the request id # it says : Requested withdrawal of  GBP to
thats it..nothing after to..its not reporting the name of the beneficiary account details etc like it used to on britcoin

I think I know what the problem is. Would you mind sending me your account login to support@intersango.com? The front-end of the site is simply display, but internally everything should be fine.

Thanks.

alrite will do..thanks Smiley
defxor

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 06:48:39 PM

I can't vouch for BitMarket.eu but relatively speaking I have not hear of them lying, stealing or being hacked or any combination thereof so that puts them at the head of the pack for most prominent bitcoin exchanges

I've used them for all my BTC purchases except the very first. The difference between them and exchanges are that they're only brokering1 the trades - the buyer pays directly to the seller. They do escrow though, which means they could in theory do something funny once the BTC are released by the seller into your account. So far, as you state, I've heard of no such issues. I also like that there are no day traders, too small volume and there's a general price premium2 above the popular exchanges.

I alway withdraw immediately though, there's simply no point in not doing it. I think it's good advice.

(There's also some basic persona verification being done when registering)

12) That's also why I wouldn't consider them to be a "competitor" to you.
jonathan

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 09:02:06 PM

Donald_Norman,

Sorry for the lateness of this reply.

As far as I can remember, there was no Terms and Conditions list to tick while setting up an account at bitmarket.eu. I just set the account straight up some number of months ago, and started trading. I have made loads of trades there and not had a problem with them yet.

In fact, based on my experience, I would say both bitmarket.eu and the old britcoin.co.uk are/were offering good services, regardless of the fact that--as the poster above has pointed out--their respective methods of moving btc and stirling around were/are different.

BTW, it occurs to me that maybe the *indemnify and defend* stuff was part of the Terms and Conditions list that had to be ticked in order to enable participation on the old britcoin website. If so, all I can say is I am a bit more careful/paranoid now than I was a few months ago! Back then, I might have not bothered reading the lawyer pages. Things are different now though.

Again, Thanks for all your efforts Donald_Norman :-)
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 11:12:35 PM

I have upgraded the market system to support two new order types.

Fill or Kill - the order will either by fulfilled completely or cancelled

Immediate or Cancel - the order will be filled as much as possible and then cancelled

These will be added to the API shortly.
322i0n

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 04:44:27 PM

there are some functionality problems. i noticed last night that i could not cancel orders. I had orders that i was trying to cancel that i did not want to execute. i could not cancel them and they were executed.

today the orders are being held in a queue and i still cannot cancel them.

Supporting The Global Insurrection Against Banker Occupation
BTC: 1C1w6t1dMkEXeCntURxDiBiWsTbdJbvTr9
NMC: N6uNpVPAdpTur4Hwr8Sqgd6kxcKPto4S2T
Donald_Norman

Activity: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 06:50:52 PM

Term 12 is currently :

You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Intersango Ltd, and its parent, affiliates, directors, officers and employees from and against any claim, liability, cost, damage or loss we may incur (including, without limitation, legal fees) as a result of the use of this website as well as but not limited to any violation by you of your obligations under these terms and conditions.

I guess we can tone it down to this :

You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Intersango Ltd, and its parent, affiliates, directors, officers and employees from and against any claim, liability, cost, damage or loss we may incur (including, without limitation, legal fees) as a result of any violation by you of your obligations under these terms and conditions. When in doubt, please obtain independent legal advice concerning the buying/selling/trading of Bitcoins under the local laws of your jurisdiction. 

What do you think ?
jonathan

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 12:09:43 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2011, 12:24:35 PM by jonathan

Donald_Norman,

That looks better to me. I would go along with the Terms and Conditions if Term 12 was amended as you have suggested there.
phantomcircuit

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 09:44:36 PM

The terms and conditions have been updated.

An email was sent out notifying users.
jonathan

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 02:10:35 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2011, 01:01:46 PM by jonathan

jonathan

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 03:10:52 PM

: "Transfers made to our HSBC account on or after the 19th which have not been linked to your account will be delayed. HSBC has unexpectedly closed our account. They did so without any warning. We are working on alternative banking options, but of course are having trouble quickly opening a new account. Transfer made into the account after our records stop but before the account was actually closed will be delayed until we can obtain the records. "

Wow, that sounds bad. What's the latest? Obviously, I transferred a hundred pounds over on that day, and it isn't showing up at the intersango accounts page. :-O

This must all be very frustrating for you guys.
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:43:25 PM

Notice: UK bank account closures

Transfers made to our HSBC account after the 18th which had not yet reached your account will be delayed. UK and SEPA accounts across the major exchanges were closed simultaneously without warning within the span of 5 days. Our HSBC account was closed unexpectedly without prior notice. These transfers made after our records stop but before the account was actually closed will be delayed until we can obtain the records.

We have a new account at an alternative bank and are just finalizing some paperwork. We are still working on obtaining the records from HSBC, however they are being unreasonably slow in providing us with the records. HSBC did not give us any warning that they were going to close our account; we are working as fast as we can, however we can only work on this as fast as HSBC.

We have a new account at an alternative bank and are just finalizing some paperwork. Deposits should be functioning next week. Sorry for any delay with deposits. If you have further questions, feel free to email support@intersango.com.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 08:05:59 PM

jonathan, are you a time traveller from the future?  You seem to be able to quote intersango messages days before they are written.  i googled the message you wrote when you first wrote it, and it wasn't found anywhere... except in the future.

Next time you're in the future, could you grab me a screenshot of the bitcoin price chart please?

Thanks.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 08:26:07 PM

Sorry to hear about your hassles genjix.  Given the way you've approached this exchange from the start this really ought not to be happening to you of all people.  The worst of it is not receiving advanced notice.  I'm assuming everything can be explained by incompetence on HSBC's part but we'll see.

Good luck getting things running again.
sonba

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 08:31:22 PM

by the way: anyone else experiencing problems with BTC withdrawals? I have 3 withdrawals which are still on "processing". Is bitcoind down or something like that?
phantomcircuit

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 10:40:28 PM

by the way: anyone else experiencing problems with BTC withdrawals? I have 3 withdrawals which are still on "processing". Is bitcoind down or something like that?

Withdrawal wallet was too small, this has been addressed.
jonathan

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 01:19:08 PM

dooglus, i just logged in and found the quoted text (and a bit else besides) where i would usually expect to find instructions for depositing GBP.

genjix. keep your chin up man, you guys are doing good work :-)
sonba

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 02:33:06 PM

Withdrawal wallet was too small, this has been addressed.
Just as a brief feedback: I voiced my problem and things got solved within like 5 minutes or so. I wish every other exchange was that professional and fast. Thanks a lot guys!!! Kepp up the great work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: