Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:17:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango exchange (formerly Britcoin)  (Read 75292 times)
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 02:57:20 PM

by the way: anyone else experiencing problems with BTC withdrawals? I have 3 withdrawals which are still on "processing". Is bitcoind down or something like that?

Withdrawal wallet was too small, this has been addressed.
Just as a brief feedback: I voiced my problem and things got solved within like 5 minutes or so. I wish every other exchange was that professional and fast. Thanks a lot guys!!! Kepp up the great work.

Yes, they are very professional and clearly are involved with Bitcoin for the right reasons - I only used them becasue I researched them and saw who was involved. I really want to move my money into Bitcoin in the UK, so I hope they find a solution soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 10:59:47 PM

Update on bank situation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50587.0
sonba

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 10:38:31 AM

Glad to hear your bank update! Hope everything work out fine!
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 09:42:25 PM

Hi,

Sorry for the week long delay with withdrawals. We haven't completely got setup with withdrawals yet, but we will manually be doing the larger withdrawals over the next few days; tomorrow will be withdrawals over 1000 GBP. The whole backlog should be completed once we are completely setup with the new bank which we expect to happen by the end of this working week (Friday).

Amir Taaki
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 12:18:07 PM

Could you possibly give an update on this?
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 06:16:46 PM

Could you possibly give an update on this?

We now have online banking setup and are working on scripting things.
thirdlight

Activity: 445

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 03:28:24 PM

How long are GBP deposits taking at the moment?

phantomcircuit

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 06:33:35 PM

How long are GBP deposits taking at the moment?

We have online access and they will happen at least once a day usually immediately after banking hours.
phantomcircuit

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 07:51:59 AM

Unfortunately due to a bug in the LLoyds online access we can only see the past 25 transactions on the account.

We're working on getting this issue resolved.
phantomcircuit

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 07:53:30 AM

I guess I should also mention that there is now a push market data feed.

It is line delimited json available at intersango.com:1337
jonathan

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 03:08:11 PM

I just logged into intersango OK...
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 07:01:02 PM

Anyone know how long deposits are taking at the moment?

I put the money in yesterday and it's not showing yet... really need to buy some BTC tonight.
jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 06:02:20 PM

I lost £100 to them last month (said it was recieved but still haven't credited) and the £500 I sent 3 days ago still hasn't been credited.

I suggest steering clear for the moment.

edit: They also overpaid me about £900 a few months ago, which I paid back.

I greatly appreciate the service but I recommend other methods to trade.

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
sonba

Activity: 395

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:23:27 PM

I can't share that experience. All deposits, withdrawals, trades, support requests... everything always answered in a very knowledgeable and friendly way and always in time (unlike MtGox). Never had experienced any trouble with them. I can only recommend intersango!
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 11:11:56 AM

Withdrawals (and deposits too, I think?) are screened manually, try talking to phantomcircuit in #intersango on freenode.

realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 12:29:44 PM

Development seems to have stopped on Intersango (I know you have more pressing, banking difficulties to deal with).  It's a lovely exchange but a few features I'd like to see:

• Ability to place orders with more funds than I have (obviously I don't expect them to complete).  A couple of times I've set a deposit in motion from my bank account; but then have to constantly monitor Intersango until it arrives. I'd like to be able to just leave an order outstanding, that will activate once funds are available.
  • The same is true the other way.  If I am a (small) merchant who doesn't want to hold bitcoins, I can leave a permanent sell order for 1000000 BTC on Mt.Gox and give out the deposit address and have it instantly convert.  It would be nice if that could be done on Intersango too.
  • I hate having to be exact when specifying an order.  If I have £100 and want to buy at £4.5 I have to get a calculator out to fill in the fill in the order.  Why can't the website do it for me?  If I could over-specify, it would be much easier; as the left over could just be cancelled.
  • As an extension of the above, why can't the sale type combo box be "BUY BTC; SELL BTC; BUY GBP; SELL GBP"?  Then I can very easily say "sell £100 at 4.5".
  • The buy/sell page doesn't show the last price.  I have to go back to the home page to find that out.
  • There page doesn't scale horizontally very well.  I have a non-full screen browser window and most pages forces scroll bars.
  • Mobile optimized versions of pages would be appreciated
  • While BTC deposits might not clear instantly while waiting for 6 confirmations.  It would be reassuring to be told that they are on their way.  The initial transaction should be received within seconds. One confirmation within ten minutes.  Why then do I have to wait an hour to get anything other than a zero shown?  I don't expect to be able to use it; just to be told that it's coming (an ETA would be handy too since users don't know how many confirmations Intersango requires)
  • Some sort of live data viewer.  I know it's gimmicky, but it gives one an at-a-glance picture of the market.

Best wishes.

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
phantomcircuit

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 12:59:45 PM

The front end development has stopped but I can assure you I am still developing the backend.

The banks and other payment services find new and clever ways to break the existing setup pretty much constantly.

The first thing you suggest is a standing order, that is certainly something which could be implemented and would require little more than a cron job. (or triggers in the payments scripts)

As for specifying a specific amount of GBP to buy/sell... this is essentially impossible.  You can specify the amount you wish to buy/sell however you will almost certainly not actually be fulfilled for that exact amount.

Say you place a BUY @ 5 GBP for 100, this will almost certainly result in you spending less than 500 GBP.

We tried a wider layout but it mostly just results in data being very spread out and hard to read.  As most of the information we're displaying is lists of things I feel the current vertical layout is optimal.

(If you'd like I can create a more horizontal layout and enable it for you)

I didn't add the indication for BTC deposits mostly as a precaution against mistakes.  Doing so significantly complicates the setup for relatively little gain.
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 02:01:03 PM

I don't think I was very clear.

The front end development has stopped but I can assure you I am still developing the backend.

Good stuff.

The first thing you suggest is a standing order, that is certainly something which could be implemented and would require little more than a cron job. (or triggers in the payments scripts)

A standing order repeats regularly; that wasn't what I was asking for.  Merely the ability to place an unfunded order.  When the funds are available, the order can complete.  It lets me send money from my bank account and setup an order at the same time.  Presently I have to send the money, then monitor Intersango for two days until the money clears and I can create an order.

As for specifying a specific amount of GBP to buy/sell... this is essentially impossible.  You can specify the amount you wish to buy/sell however you will almost certainly not actually be fulfilled for that exact amount.

Say you place a BUY @ 5 GBP for 100, this will almost certainly result in you spending less than 500 GBP.

Don't think so.

The "impossibility" is different on each side of the trade.  If I have £100 then I can definitely spend £100.  If I have 100 BTC then I can definitely spend 100 BTC.  In each case I also specify a limit to the price I am willing to exchange at, so we can't predict exactly what I'll get in exchange (but the price specifies a minimum).

"I have £100, and am willing to pay up to 4.5 for each coin".  That is a SELL GBP order.  Intersango forces me to say, "I have £100, which at 4.5 for each coin is 22.22222 BTC".  That's a BUY BTC order.  Under the covers your order engine can only be handling SELL GBP and SELL BTC anyway; since the real funds only exist for SELL orders.  For example nothing stops me saying "BUY 10,000,000 BTC at 0.00001", if I have £100.  The 10,000,000 BTC isn't real in that order though, the £100 is -- hence that order is truely a SELL 100 GBP, not a BUY 10,000,000 BTC.

However, direct SELL support would merely be a bonus feature.  The main thing is that in order for me to buy £100 worth of coins, I have to get the calculator out myself.  The website should do the sum for me.  It's nothing to do with an order book; just a bit of UI to make it easier for the user.  Mt.Gox has got it (kind of) right, if I fill in the price field first, then as I type in either the USD or BTC fields, the other is calculated on the fly.

And, incidentally, if combined with over-specified order support (as Mt.Gox has) I could just enter an order to buy more than 22.22222 for £100 (say by specifying that I want to buy 23 BTC at 4.5 for 100), and anything that was left over thanks to a lower price match would get hoovered up automatically.

We tried a wider layout but it mostly just results in data being very spread out and hard to read.  As most of the information we're displaying is lists of things I feel the current vertical layout is optimal.

I must have written badly.  I meant that the layout is too wide.  I get a horizontal scroll bar.  I'm fine with vertical scrolling.

I didn't add the indication for BTC deposits mostly as a precaution against mistakes.  Doing so significantly complicates the setup for relatively little gain.

I don't understand what the "mistake" could be that you're protecting against.  I can't spend money that hasn't cleared.

It's your software so only you know; but I don't really see how it complicates it.  Maybe for the initial transaction notification; but surely an indicator on one confirmation isn't hard?

Code:
// Call bitcoind getreceivedbyaddress XXXXX
if( json.confirmations > 0 && json.confirmations < 6 ) {
   print "uncleared";
} else if( json.confirmations >= 6 ) {
   handleDeposit();
}

I mean somewhere you must have code that is monitoring a set of addresses for new balances?  Copy the confirmation number as well as the amount into the database.  Dare I suggest then that you could set that same field to "-1" to indicate when a relevant transaction has been broadcast?  BitcoinSpinner the android app manages to tell me within seconds when there is money on its way; it seems odd that a full web application, with blockchain and custom software can't.

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
Lord F(r)og
Donator

Activity: 477

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 08:56:55 PM

one hundred percent trouble-free deposits with Intersango here even though I've got some strange behaviour with bank-sided transaction-generation. upon requesting support via mail did the trick. considering in general the services provided for free are much more than sufficient. if you want more then feel free donating...
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 08:38:08 PM

UK transfers

We are experiencing banking difficulties and our account is locked. It is likely nothing to worry about but current transfers will be bounced back until this is resolved. We have dealt with problems like this in the past.

Yesterday (Friday), we had a discussion with our business manager who will look into the problem. We have an appointment scheduled for Monday where we will find out the issue and it should be resolved.

We've had 2 previous incidents before with Lloyds which caused our account to be locked because of less than 20 GBP transfers which were categorized as suspicious in nature and our account was reactivated immediately.

- UK transfers received on or after the evening of the 9th will be delayed.
- Transfers made now will bounce back to your account.
- More information on Monday 16 Jan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: