Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:38:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187885 times)
Ganrom

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:30:44 PM

Well, I did get guncoin mentioned on an internet radio show monday, to several thousand listeners.  Like I said, it was a mention, nothing positive or negative, or anything besides that it will have it's own set of followers who most likely are also into guns.

If the dev's are interested, I can see if the host is interested in an interview via telephone or skype. (no guarantees)  

About a week ago I finally got a mention for Guncoin on another radio program we listen to. He just mentioned that a new coin had been brought to his attention by a listener and he didn't get into it much more than that. I have sent him several articles and am offering him a donation of Guncoin to bring more attention to it on his show. He is former military and very much into self defense and being prepared.

By any chance is the person your speaking of on Mon. Wed. Fri.and Sunday nights @ 8pm? Didn't want to mention the name but we may be talking about the same person.

Nope, different show.  Mon thru fri 2pm to 6pm, a guys talk (sports, weed, chicks, technology) with a conspiracy slant.

OK GREAT THAT MAKES TWO SHOWS GETTING INVOLVED. SO WE ARE COVERED FOR EVERY DAY BUT SAT. I WILL KEEP MY SHOWMAN MENTIONING UT AND YOU DO THE SAME FOR YOURS AND WE MIGHT MAKE SOME PROGRESS HERE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ganrom

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:32:03 PM

Ok there seems to be a group of people intent on stopping Guncoin. This conspiracy is occurring at the Bluetrade market.

We need to wipe them out. We cannot get the coin to rise with the flooding of cheap coins.

Everytime the coin is about to rise in price to a higher level someone or some group starts dumping.

We need to unite and wipe them out!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone who truly believes in Guncoin and the 2nd Amen that is willing to do this?Huh

We need a group ready to fight back of those doing this.

COME ON UNITE TOGETHER AND GET THEM OFF THE BOARD!!!!!!!

The word is out that they do not like the word GUN. You should all remember that HITLER didn't like guns either so he eliminated them from the people and the whole world knows what happened after that!!!!!!

The UN is trying to have  guns removed from citizens all over the world also.  WE need Guncoin to survive!!!!!!
guncoin_support (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 10:02:58 PM

Getting mentions on radio shows is GREAT.  At this early stage, any and all recognition Guncoin can get is very important.  Get people talking about it!

Regarding folks trying to keep Guncoin prices down, I have a theory there...

I believe there were a couple initial bag holders that just wanted to cash out of their Guncoin (for whatever reason) and they did so, especially on Bittrex, for extremely low prices.  Obviously, folks bought those coins at a stupidly low price, and are probably now holding a decent amount themselves.

Bleutrade prices have been better than most, and I also saw this morning that there are many sell orders for a lot less than yesterday...  However, those sell prices we are seeing on Bleutrade are still considerably more than what people bought for on Bittrex.  I am thinking that those who bought cheap on Bittrex are now making their profits from Bleutrade.  Just my 2 cents.

Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:06:08 PM

What is so special about this coin really? Specifications are outdated, algo is outdated. Any good plans in the future for the use of this coin?

Or will it just be another pump and dump like most similar coins with a fancy name?
Ganrom

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:12:06 PM

Getting mentions on radio shows is GREAT.  At this early stage, any and all recognition Guncoin can get is very important.  Get people talking about it!

I believe there were a couple initial bag holders that just wanted to cash out of their Guncoin (for whatever reason) and they did so, especially on Bittrex, for extremely low prices.  Obviously, folks bought those coins at a stupidly low price, and are probably now holding a decent amount themselves.

Bleutrade prices have been better than most, and I also saw this morning that there are many sell orders for a lot less than yesterday...  However, those sell prices we are seeing on Bleutrade are still considerably more than what people bought for on Bittrex.  I am thinking that those who bought cheap on Bittrex are now making their profits from Bleutrade.  Just my 2 cents.

Believe me it isn't folks.....it's one person buying and two people selling.....why would someone dump twenty points lower than what the coin is going for?
I'm buying on the cheap and saving them....believe me I have spent a lot more than two cents.
ozrep

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:19:09 AM

What is so special about this coin really? Specifications are outdated, algo is outdated. Any good plans in the future for the use of this coin?

Or will it just be another pump and dump like most similar coins with a fancy name?

Speaking from experience, when buying and selling firearms related goods, it is extremely hard to find a payment processor.  Unfortunately, the choices are very limited.  PayPal does not accept transactions for firearms in $USD.  BitPay does not accept transactions for firearms in Bitcoin (BTC).  Most traditional credit card processors will not either and 3rd party processors may, but only with an incredibly high fee (usually 25% or more).  Legitimate business are being forced to close the doors because nobody will process their payments.

Guncoin will change that.  It is decentralized, so no single company controls Guncoin.  Transactions post instantly and fully confirmed in minutes.  There are no fees

I took it from the main site of guncoin (http://www.guncoin.info).
I think this is one of the most important thing about this coin.

GUN: Gz1vmt4ZoTJxuL1wL5Uq5CTPDTzwJUzJFJ
ozrep

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:29:30 AM

Believe me it isn't folks.....it's one person buying and two people selling.....why would someone dump twenty points lower than what the coin is going for?
I'm buying on the cheap and saving them....believe me I have spent a lot more than two cents.

I'd buy but I'm out of cash. I bought in the past when price was higher (if i could know the future i'd have waited...I could easily take out all those 2 millions and more of dumped guncoins  Grin lol).
I think solution is kind of simple; who has some money to spend... who believes in this altcoin will buy those cheap GUN.

It's so simple for me...that's why I think we should push facebook fans; explain to them this situation: << There are people who's trading guncoin without believing in their future; we do. If you are like us, it's a great opportunity to buy guncoin at a very low price and, with you becoming the new holder-community, the coin will reach all the goals we all want for it. >>

In my humble opinion, easy solutions are the best ones yeah? Cheesy

affordableweb

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:09:02 PM

I've been buying up as many Guncoin as I can in BTC. I would disregard the DOGE and LTC markets all together as that's where cheap coins are sold. BTC is where all coins hope to trade once they leave the DOGE and LTC markets.

Guncoin is a bit dated with basic Scrypt features and this hurts it in the crypto marketplace where features like PoS and anything related to anonymity are HOT and everything else is not. We could really benefit from some big news and an algo change would be a massive boost.

New coins like Pinkcoin, Cloakcoin and of course Darkcoin are all trading at much higher volumes due to their implementation of anon features. The prices fluctuate as with all other coins but they are growing in size and recognition based on a desirable feature set and not just slick marketing or wishful thinking.

What coin would benefit more from anonymity than Guncoin? The question to ask ourselves is what does Guncoin offer over these other anon coins and what can we do to beat them?

Darkcoin is establishing itself as a legitimate currency and probably the best choice for a currency to be used for firearms purchases.

How can we mimic or improve upon these coins to give Guncoin the recognition AND features it needs to take the lead?

Recognition is awesome but if Guncoin comes across as lackluster or missing something then that recognition is wasted. When they look at Guncoin they should be BLOWN AWAY and they are not. Guncoin is on the watch list and not the buy list.

I think GUN is a long term coin to hold but the crypto markets change by the minute and we have a long way to go before any of us buys a gun with our Guncoin.

I can see why the NRA would have issue with endorsing a decentralized and unorganized group of crypto currency enthusiasts. Maybe we need a Guncoin Foundation to legitimize the effort and provide a focus to our efforts?
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:01:01 PM

Personally, I'm liking the grass-roots approach to guncoin.

Many, many coins take the big hype, flash in the pan approach, and they flame out.  Bitcoin didn't start that way, nor litecoin, and look at their value.  Doge did, and although it's well known, it has little value per coin after the first couple weeks.  Same with gpu coin, riecoin, maxcoin, and dozens of others. 

The only real shortcoming I feel for guncoin, was the 10% premine/ipo.  It's allowing people to dump a bunch and keep the value low.  Although, that really isn't bothering me that much as it's keeping the hash-rate low so it's worth mining, providing that people don't give up on it (which I don't intend to)..

I have had thoughts about what happens with all the scrypt asic miners getting released, and I suspect that there is already one or two in the pools.  But again with the low value, there's not a lot yet, and I'm hoping it stays that way.  But a plan to change away from scrypt in the future might be a good idea.   Wink
W.Weller

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:44:55 PM

I do think if we were to change the algo that PoS would be a good starting point.  Potentially do a PoW/PoS mix...  Just add the PoS on top of what already exists.

We all know what PoS can do for standardizing the price of coin but it may also may be an easy way to open the doors to the community members that don't have or better said don't know anything about hashing power.

Secondly, it would help against the 51% attack.  Some have mentioned certain individuals intentionally dumping and intentionally keeping the price low.  True or not this could happen.  Protecting  ourselves with a PoS would be a good security measure to guard against those that are against the values behind GUN.

If we wanted to update to X11 or X13 that could be a discussion for later down the road.

guncoin_support (OP)

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:21:14 PM

We are looking into these options and will discuss the pros/cons.

ozrep

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:23:38 AM

+1 good good good  Grin

W.Weller

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:27:31 PM

Thanks for taking the time to look into this..

I believe that this would be a big boost for our coin.
damm315er

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:59:23 PM

Why is bleutrade valuing gun at .5 doge, when other exchanges are showing gun as higher value that doge?
ozrep

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:06:29 PM

Why is bleutrade valuing gun at .5 doge, when other exchanges are showing gun as higher value that doge?

not a problem of bluetrade...it's more a traders problem I guess  Grin someone is not doing it in a right way.

Besides that...
I was thinking; I read people talking about the anonymity like a good thing to make the value of the coin go higher...someone says: "a coin with anonymity is more like the good coin to buy and sell guns".
After a while...reasoning...I have to say "I disagree".

It's true, anonymity is a "hot thing" right now and coins with that thing are going high very easy...but that's not the point of our coin...that's my very humble opinion.

This coin is for "fire enthusiasts" and "Fire enthusiasts" don't say: << I want to hide the fact that I buy guns >>.
I think "anonymity" would make people believe that there is something wrong when you buy guns, online, with cryptocurrency. Why do you need anonymity? You're not doing anything wrong: it's your right to have a gun, isn't it.. you damn fool yankees?  Grin LOL

But even the "worst" fire enthusiast knows that a gun is not a toy, so I think that some rules are ok...and I think that some of those rules will be "You cannot buy a gun if None doesn't know who you are".

That's my thought...and I can say it in a very short way: This is not a coin for TOR and SILKROAD guys  Cheesy
Please, share your point of view about that.

EDIT:
I can say more...I can say "This is not a coin for Tor or Silkroad" could even be a "motto"; that could mean change what someone thinks is a weakness in a strong point. We can create a line between us and other coins and stand on the not-anonymity side.
(not saying "anonymity" is a bad thing; just saying is not a guncoin thing)

BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:07:04 PM

Glad to see you guys have launched! Good luck with everything!

- aka The "DigiMan"
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:06:21 AM

I don't know the community's position at large but I agree with what's posted above. The tragic shootings in America are far too common-place for anybody to accept.

Adding anonymity would only serve to further that connotation of gun ownership. Instead GunCoin could be an effective way to shift the conversation.

Remember. There are people who actually believe that Obama is going to refuse to leave office, confiscate all guns, and start a holocaust in the United States.

That's an embarrasment.

Horses in midstream.
damm315er

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:45:26 AM

Anonymity is an issue.  It's one I'm not particularly concerned with, as I have no intention of buying anything other than ammo and reloading supplies.  But I can see it being an issue for other people.  

Whatever..

The issue I'm concerned with is, asic farms turning every coin into whatever coin is the most profitable for the day.  

Guncoin is, by its very purpose, controversial, and I don't think that would be good for this coin to be turned to a commodity type coin (mined because of coin value) until it's accepted elsewhere without it.

But that's just my opinion.
damm315er

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:05:44 AM

Heh, as an aside, the radio show I got this mentioned on got cancelled.  Not for content, but for cost cutting.

It's sort of being crowd sourced to bring it back, my contributions toward that will result in guncoin being mentioned.  Smiley
W.Weller

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:51:29 AM

In my opinion we don't need anonymity with GUN.  Those that are interested in anonymity are business's or commercial retailers; typically so that consumers can't "backtrack" the block chain to see how much "coin" the business/retailer has in their wallets.  Other coins have made it their goal to find a solution for anonymous transactions so that they have somethings to offer; our coin has a larger purpose...The 2nd amendment and everything that surrounds it.

Secondly, with the amount of proper paperwork that goes with a firearm procurement we need to be as transparent as possible.  Anonymous and guns don't blend well from a marketing stand point.

For GUN to be truly used for its intention there are several better avenues were we could spend our time. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: