Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:32:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187885 times)
GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 06:35:14 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 09:29:00 PM by GuncoinInfo

In regards to the ammo reserve, that is tough for any user to implement on their own, but doable.

You make something so simple, so complex....Who needs an ammo reserve?  At least for now, there is no need for that.  The cost to set that up, store it, maintain it, sell it to members would have us paying $5/round for a single 9MM.  While is sounds like a nice idea, it makes no economic sense and is just not realistic unless we are heading towards a survivalist mode economy and we need to stock pile the ammo because there is no where else to get it.  At least for the next 4-8 years, that is not going to happen.

A more realistic approach, again, that ANYONE can do, is to be a reseller or dropshipper for the ammo companies or outlets.  You can Google this and see that ANY of you can do this NOW.  Then you create a website exchange where you exchange GUN for ammo.  After the exchange, a week later, 1000 rounds show up from UPS and you never laid hands on them and the GUN user does not know where they came from except the name on the box where they originated.  How simple is that?  As a matter of fact, 3-4 of you could each set up your own GUN ammo exchanges and compete against each other.  Why limit it to ammo, why not holsters, scopes, accessories, etc?

So why hasn't this happened up till now?  Well simple.....RISK!  There is risk in setting up a website and taking payments in crypto of any kind.......No one but me and one other on this forum have ever been willing to accept this risk (we sold patches and stickers on GUNCOINCADS.com) in addition to setting up and running the classified ad site and no one bought anything and I let the site go a year ago.  When a GUN user, other than me, has confidence in GUN to do something like that - take a risk, you will see the price skyrocket.  There is a real financial opportunity for some one or some group to do that - but you have to take a business risk and do something more than sit on your a$$ and wait for me or someone else to go on a GUN buying spree so you can make money.  It CANNOT be just me, it has to be a community effort.  That is where I am 100% in agreement with the newbie.  There is a significant amount of BTC, $$$, GUN, etc. to be made if some one had the creativity and entrepreneurship to take that risk and make it happen, there is no limit to what this coin can do. You do not need to create a GUN knockoff to do that, do it with GUN. If no one is doing it with GUN, why would anyone in their right mind think that it would happen with another GUN clone? Just because it is new?  LOL.

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:09:31 PM

This looks interesting.. there has been a gunbot as well for bot trading

The Gunbot that you see advertised for BOT trading on the Poloniex exchange has nothing to do with GUN.

I see that too, and it always makes me think of Guncoin, and what a bot for trading GUN would/should be called Smiley
E9800

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 12:54:53 PM

Anyone have a suggestion on new sights for my Magnum Research 50 AE? Factory sights are junk.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 02:03:31 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 03:47:15 PM by GuncoinInfo

This what I referred to before that I have been carefully watching over the past year.  It opens up a whole new can of worms for all of us.  With BTC over $2k now, crypto currency is most likely going to start becoming more visible to reporting authorities.......

http://www.coindesk.com/securities-laws-arent-rules-token-sales-consider/

Discussions that I have seen elsewhere indicate it may be impossible to bring existing coins and tokens into compliance (how could they possibly do it with BTC or LTC?) with this and that it may be easier to grandfather them in.  However, any new coins would be carefully scrutinized by the Sec and similar authorities.  For now, GUN should be plenty safe .....So when you talk about creating a GUN clone, knockoff or exchangeable coin, better keep this in mind - especially, since my design we are US based, owned and promoted that way....

thegeneral1985

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:43:27 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 11:04:30 AM by thegeneral1985

Yes, may be the ammunition reserve does not make economic sense.  I agree with you there.

But, we need to come up with some ideas here.  I feel gun folks would rather transact in cash or gold than GUN.  They have no reason to use GUN when there are other options.

People don't just "come to our coin."  We can't just sit and wait.  And pushing financial risk off on someone else to start brokering ammo is not equitable.  We have to do things as a community and INCENTIVIZE or kick start adoption and create a reason for people to use GUN.

We do that by having a base, creating a reason for people to adopt.  I suggest we do an ICO where we take the proceeds and either start a gun exchange/brokering website, start selling shares in bunkers or ammunition reserves or food banks for preppers or something that will create incentives for a base of users to form and adopt the coin.  Right now we need proceeds and adoption and developers.

With POT, the incentive was to get around banks declining dispensaries.  That was a real need, a real problem to be solved.  Weed businesses with chunky revenue diversified risk and bought into the coin.  I just don't see firearm businesses having problems opening bank accounts for their businesses.  BUT, I can see firearm businesses wanting to stay the hell away from guncoin due to fear of harming their current banking relationships.

Therefore, trying to get firearms businesses and customers to conduct commerce in GUN doesn't make sense.  We have to target the consumer side, not the merchant side if we want to start adoption.

Guncoin is a dead coin, low volume, been years and nobody uses it, on less exchanges than the first week.  We have to stop being so complacent and let's figure this out.  The status quo is unacceptable, we need a radical change here.  The coin will go nowhere unless we act to jumpstart adoption.  Mining and maintaining the current network isn't going to change anything.  Fretting about SEC and securities laws doesn't help.  Laws are gray in this area as they were regarding the internet and telecom in the 90s- that's how it's always been.  If everyone sat in their living room afraid to do anything because of the SEC and regulations we wouldn't have Apple, PayPal, Uber or Bitcoin.
thegeneral1985

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:58:11 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 11:18:14 AM by thegeneral1985

I read that coindesk link on the SEC, etc...

I still see many multi-million ICOs with respected securities law firms conducting ICOs as "crowdfunds," "crowdsales," "fundraisers," etc...

We can't shit our pants everytime the SEC writes a memo, and we can't use it as an excuse.  There are gradients to every legal issue.

Look dude, we can either change direction here or we'll be sitting here next year when a better team comes out with a coin that beats us.  Either way, we'll be sitting here watching as GUN has $.75 in volume on a good day.  I'm not a developer, so I don't claim to know everything, but I do know that this coin is not where it needs to be or can be.  And we need to change our gameplan.

We need to think about an ICO that funds a gun exchange/website where people can buy things and advertize their guns, etc... we need a slack, developers, a community .... otherwise this coin will stay dead.  When I see a joke coin like PEPE CASH with $8million+ market cap and lots of volume ...I think why are we going nowhere...it may just be that our situation is hopeless and we lack developers/community to do anything to change our situation.  One benefit of an ICO is that it lets you fund the development of websites/community.  Asking people to fund stuff personally and take financial risk isn't going to work.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 12:01:17 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 12:23:34 PM by GuncoinInfo

We need to think about an ICO that funds a gun exchange/website where people can buy things and advertize their guns, etc... we need a slack, developers, a community .... otherwise this coin will stay dead.  When I see a joke coin like PEPE CASH with $8million+ market cap and lots of volume ...I think why are we going nowhere...it may just be that our situation is hopeless and we lack developers/community to do anything to change our situation.  One benefit of an ICO is that it lets you fund the development of websites/community.  Asking people to fund stuff personally and take financial risk isn't going to work.

LOL, LOL... We had GunCoinAds.com for over a year and only had 5 members join and only two ever tried to advertise and sell anything - one being me. Do not remember you as being one of the others. IF there was serious interest, we could do another ad site possibly. It is not rocket science, even you could do one.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 12:02:34 PM

I read that coindesk link on the SEC, etc...

I still see many multi-million ICOs with respected securities law firms conducting ICOs as "crowdfunds," "crowdsales," "fundraisers," etc...

We can't shit our pants everytime the SEC writes a memo, and we can't use it as an excuse.  There are gradients to every legal issue.

Nowhere did I say to sit idly by and be scared of the SEC, just to be prepared when they show up after they figure things out and their path forward.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 12:27:25 PM

Yes, may be the ammunition reserve does not make economic sense.  I agree with you there.

With POT, the incentive was to get around banks declining dispensaries.  That was a real need, a real problem to be solved.  Weed businesses with chunky revenue diversified risk and bought into the coin.  I just don't see firearm businesses having problems opening bank accounts for their businesses.  BUT, I can see firearm businesses wanting to stay the hell away from guncoin due to fear of harming their current banking relationships.

Maybe you should read the rules for credit card sales on some online credit cards.  Of if they do allow the sales, the fees are twice as high.  This still exists today, not sure where you are looking.  Sign up to use credit cards and tell them you are going to sell AR-15's and see what their response is.....

thegeneral1985

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:14:58 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 10:48:20 PM by thegeneral1985

I already told you I wasn't involved in the past.  Beating a dead horse doesn't help.  What I did do was contribute my hard earned money to an ICO so I can watch a dev sit on his ass, do nothing but swat down ideas and say it's been tried before, and feel good about being a gatekeeper to a dead coin.  Currently there is no site and there is and will be no serious interest to set up a site.  If you haven't figured that out by now...  Are you the only developer?
thegeneral1985

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:39:46 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 10:50:59 PM by thegeneral1985

Just look at this thread.  It's a replay of someone in the community imploring for action- And a dev swatting down idea after idea and sticking with the status quo and telling us 20 people still holding the coin to do more.  Doing more starts at the top and you seem to not be doing much or encouraging much.  And yes, you are just sitting there while the coin sees $20 volume per day.  Our market cap has been stuck at under $50k for years...for years.

Ok, so you think credit card processors is an area of opportunity, why don't we build a payment portal.  I feel like I'm trying to encourage a 5 year old here to do something.  If you don't have time or skills to put into this coin, you should find another developer or get some help by seeking devs to add to the community.  And don't you dare put the fault on ICO contributors for not doing more, we paid in thousands of dollars in cash, that's more than you can say you've done the past year.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 11:57:45 PM

Just look at this thread.  It's a replay of someone in the community imploring for action- And a dev swatting down idea after idea and sticking with the status quo and telling us 20 people still holding the coin to do more.  Doing more starts at the top and you seem to not be doing much or encouraging much.  And yes, you are just sitting there while the coin sees $20 volume per day.  Our market cap has been stuck at under $50k for years...for years.

Ok, so you think credit card processors is an area of opportunity, why don't we build a payment portal.  I feel like I'm trying to encourage a 5 year old here to do something.  If you don't have time or skills to put into this coin, you should find another developer or get some help by seeking devs to add to the community.  And don't you dare put the fault on ICO contributors for not doing more, we paid in thousands of dollars in cash, that's more than you can say you've done the past year.

Honestly, I do not know what you say to believe.  First, you say that you were part of the ICO, then you say that you came in later (and conveniently missed anything about GUNCOINADS.com for a year), now you say you were one of the ICO contributors which I have never brought up or pointed a finger at.  [Feel free to go back and edit those comments], At this point, you have zero credibility on this thread since your statements conflict from one post to the next and do nothing but whine with no real solutions.  You go from a newbie to an original ICO contributor in the same day.  The bottom line, you personally have sat on the sideline (by your own words) and done absolutely nothing but bitch under 2-3 different handles for over a year (or maybe 3). There have been others who actually did something of value like get us a block explorer when the one we had went out of business.

I do not deny there are ideas posted in the past week that have some merit that we are happy to help with - but I see zero response from any community jumping forward to even discuss it much less do anything about it.  Like I said, it is easy enough to create another classified ads site.  For sure, it will not be as big and complex as the last one.  But at this point, again, I see a lack of interest in that if it were to appear tomorrow.  Creating a new token to exchange for GUN is an option that was discussed.  But someone has to start from scratch - who exactly is going to do that?  Am still waiting for that white paper with concrete ideas that are reasonable or achievable.  Honestly, if all anyone wants to do is whine, that is their choice, but it does not help the coin.  Provide some legitimate ideas and lets discuss them.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:40:35 AM

Perhaps a suggestion, if the new token is an option: One altcoin I recently escrowed, had a 50:50 swap from a previous coin and for new investors. However you're not going to get too many new investors if they realize that half of the new coin supply will be from previous ICO (in 2014) who invested a total of 20 BTC only. It is the fairest way though.

One could also take a snapshot of the current guncoin 1 blockchain and just add the proportional amount to the new guncoin 2 blockchain.

Anyway, all ideas. Let's hear it from everyone else.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 03:10:00 AM

Perhaps a suggestion, if the new token is an option: One altcoin I recently escrowed, had a 50:50 swap from a previous coin and for new investors. However you're not going to get too many new investors if they realize that half of the new coin supply will be from previous ICO (in 2014) who invested a total of 20 BTC only. It is the fairest way though.

One could also take a snapshot of the current guncoin 1 blockchain and just add the proportional amount to the new guncoin 2 blockchain.

Anyway, all ideas. Let's hear it from everyone else.

Thanks so much for the follow up.  You are 100% correct on your evaluation of the new token. You are dealing with a double edge sword in the case you describe; you either screw the original contributors or risk giving new investors a diluted token. You are also correct in that the blockchain can be adjusted to start where ever is needed.  While it is a fair way to do it, I can see where neither oldies or newbies are going to be terribly excited about it.....If that is the case, what is different than where we stand today?  So you end up with a new diluted token, then what?Huh

thegeneral1985

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:35:29 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2017, 12:36:46 PM by thegeneral1985

I stated earlier I was part of the ICO as an investor.  I was not involved in doing anything else.  I do remember seeing that website but didn't advertise anything on it.  My relationship was simple, I put money in and waited on the sidelines.  I told you I have been on the sidelines and was not involved in anything but the ICO.

Look, this coin is dead.  The original contributors are already screwed.  I don't think we can screw them further, so a new ICO is not going to hurt anybody- hence, the reason I went through the trouble of setting up an account and trying to feed ideas, start a discussion.  The coin is stuck as a low volume coin.  That's not going to change without a catalyst.

Simply doing an ICO and suckering new people in is not the goal here.  Because, currently, this coin has no demand or purpose.  If it did, it wouldn't be sitting at $20 volume for years, while the most asinine of coins are seeing $200K volume.  I think we should only do another ICO if we're seriously going to make some changes or provide a breakthrough offering.  We'd have to do it right, whitepaper, slack, development roadmap, a real media campaign...

But again, we need a breakthrough offering.  We're talking about the 2A community.  This is the most loyal community out there and we're so damn inept that we can't come up with a solution here.  I remember Dabs from the ICO, may be he has some out of the box ideas.

I'm not trying to antagonize you.  Don't take it personally.  I'm just trying to convince you that we need a huge shift and the status quo is unacceptable.  We can build a real community here, just don't want us to waste the opportunity.

Maybe we should build a payment portal that makes it easier for merchants to use credit cards.  Or we set up a gun brokering/exchange website that takes a percentage of transactions.  We need an offering.  Simply maintaining a blockchain isn't enough.  Honestly, there is no reason to use GUN when you can use Bitcoin or Monero, cash, etc...And who in their right mind would transact in a low volume coin.  Maybe you need to find developers to add to the team.
Odeyin

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:02:58 AM

GuncoinInfo: I liked your response. You do seem to have the incentive, but I think you are relying too much on a community in a crowded field of highly competitive financial instruments.  I was thinking what we could do as a community to get this coin going again. I think I have a great idea. It has to do with linking guncoin as a value store for insurance. 

For instance:  There are companies out there that sell insurance for those that are licensed to carry.  The coin could act as a surrogate as a chain of trust and backing for those that buy-in to a fund that would be backed by both public and private investors to help those individuals out that get into trouble legally. Specifically for those that get into legal trouble for exercising their 2nd amendment right.

I understand that you cannot go to places, and do things beyond what you have already done. This coin needs something bigger that encompasses more than just gun shows and shops. (Although they are important as well.

Gunshops and owners will be more apt to use guncoin if it is backed by investors and some intangible that creates value. I believe that creating value storage is the best route to go rather than relying on the community to back a coin without much differences than the thousands of others. (Ideals are good to have, but it only goes so far in this community)

You cannot compare Bitcoin to guncoin. Bitcoin was it was there first, and using the same technology (blockchain) is not new anymore, but using the coin as a value store for insurance and legal funding...now that is something that could set this coin apart and create real value.

Odeyin

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:52:34 PM

Thinking more about this insurance idea:(very rough)

A client would purchase gun coin for the policy,  proven via block chain (date and time)
         -this creates the value store

The client then can use the coins purchased to buy goods and services

-this creates fungibility and circulation.

Both increase value for the coin itself and the investors that back the insurance.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 01:56:52 PM

Thinking more about this insurance idea:(very rough)

A client would purchase gun coin for the policy,  proven via block chain (date and time)
         -this creates the value store

The client then can use the coins purchased to buy goods and services

-this creates fungibility and circulation.

Both increase value for the coin itself and the investors that back the insurance.

The idea has merit and is a good one I think.  There would be some legal and regulatory requirements to deal with and I think we need to avoid the term "insurance" at all costs for the same reason we avoid the term "shareholder".  I think the term "2nd Amendment Reserve Support Fund" might make sense or something along those lines.  That being said, rather than reinventing the wheel, it might be easier to attach ourselves to an existing CHL insurance product that is out there possibly as just a reseller using GUN.  

"Insurance" is based on risk and projections of anticipated losses.  There would be expected to be a certain number of claims every year to pay out.  I am not sure how we get those numbers. We would need concrete numbers on this to determine the amount of reserve required each year if we did it ourselves. Perhaps there is an existing member who knows more about the CHL insurance that is currently available or at least has a contact with someone who does.

Odeyin

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:03:41 PM

You are right it would take a lot of work,it involves risk, but the point I am trying to make is this:

We need ideas to pitch to venture capitalists to invest in us and the coin. I am not talking about using the coin to pad the coffers of other established businesses I am also not trying to pitch an idea reinventing the wheel.

What I believe is this step is to throw out ideas that we can pitch to VCs to build a company around the coin. Once we have a business plan, and funding we can hire the professionals that have been school trained to implement the plan.

So for my idea: We pitch the building of a company for the mitigation of risks associated with gun ownership around block chain technology and specifically Guncoin.

We cannot do it ourselves because we don't have the experience in insurance law, nor are we lawyers, or insurance agents, but that doesn't mean we cannot hire those guys that do know the rules and laws. 

The business plan needs input from non-free help, but that is why there are investors that fund those things.

So before we go too far in the weeds. We need more ideas on how to use the block chain technology to advance the value of Guncoin itself.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 04:39:34 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 10:12:40 PM by GuncoinInfo

You are right it would take a lot of work,it involves risk, but the point I am trying to make is this:

We need ideas to pitch to venture capitalists to invest in us and the coin. I am not talking about using the coin to pad the coffers of other established businesses I am also not trying to pitch an idea reinventing the wheel.

What I believe is this step is to throw out ideas that we can pitch to VCs to build a company around the coin. Once we have a business plan, and funding we can hire the professionals that have been school trained to implement the plan.

So for my idea: We pitch the building of a company for the mitigation of risks associated with gun ownership around block chain technology and specifically Guncoin.

We cannot do it ourselves because we don't have the experience in insurance law, nor are we lawyers, or insurance agents, but that doesn't mean we cannot hire those guys that do know the rules and laws.  

The business plan needs input from non-free help, but that is why there are investors that fund those things.

So before we go too far in the weeds. We need more ideas on how to use the block chain technology to advance the value of Guncoin itself.

This is an interesting concept and would represent a huge step forward for GUN.  That being said, having dealt with VC before several years back, there are a LOT of requirements.  First, and foremost would be a thorough and well thought-out business plan.  A VC once told someone, 'if you do not know exactly where you are going, you are not going there with my money'.  So true.....  Part of that business plan would be a proven and experienced management team - that may be the bigger stumbling block to get 5-6 members to step out of the shadows, create a Wyoming LLC, build the plan and actually present it to the appropriate VC.  They are not going to deal with anonymous forum posters who want a piece of the pie and for sure they would NEVER back a one-man show.  They would look for technical staff, marketing staff, administrative staff in addition to the leadership team. While some of those efforts can easily be outsourced, they would clearly need to be identified, before anyone else is going to back a larger GUN venture of any kind.  Once again, we are back to community support and NOT just with money.......

I am absolutely NOT being negative here, just pointing out the logistics of trying to execute some of these ideas.  Throwing ideas around is great - brainstorming is how many major companies got their starts.  But at some point, realism has to kick in people have to exert some effort in their niche area to help.  There are lots of great ideas out here, but they take time, resources and $$$/BTC to execute.  I am hoping there are more than just you Odeyin who are willing to do REAL work, rather than just sit in the shadows and wait for us to raise the GUN value for them.  

Great ideas - keep them coming.....

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: