Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187885 times)
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:54:54 PM

Stay tuned everybody, whoever it is that keeps hitting guncoin is doing it intentionally.

They are hitting Gun with heavy hash, running the difficulty way up, then leaving and waiting for the difficulty to drop back to normal, then hitting it again to push it back up.

Why they are doing it, is apparently to screw with the coin in some way.  Hopefully they get tired of wasting electric, and not making any real coin with that hash power, and give up soon.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 12:40:09 AM

Stay tuned everybody, whoever it is that keeps hitting guncoin is doing it intentionally.

They are hitting Gun with heavy hash, running the difficulty way up, then leaving and waiting for the difficulty to drop back to normal, then hitting it again to push it back up.

Why they are doing it, is apparently to screw with the coin in some way.  Hopefully they get tired of wasting electric, and not making any real coin with that hash power, and give up soon.

We have a potential fork that would eliminate this as a problem and he would not be able to do it anymore.  It is planned for the next upgrade, but we could do it fairly soon if this continues.....

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/
damm315er

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:31:23 PM

We have a potential fork that would eliminate this as a problem and he would not be able to do it anymore.  It is planned for the next upgrade, but we could do it fairly soon if this continues.....

It appears that whoever it was, has had their fun, grabbed a few coins, and moved on.. 

It looks like the only long term result was a delay in blocks being awarded while the difficulty came back down.  It would take more digging for an accurate measurement, but at a quick glance it looks like the block chain was pushed back by about 2 hours.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 06:17:52 PM

Glad he has moved on.  We will save the DGW3 feature for our next fork in the first quarter of next year.  If this shows up as an ongoing problem, we can roll it out sooner with just the DGW3 to reduce the headaches for our miners....

popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:19:30 PM

DGW3 will take care of the miners.
24Kilo

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:34:05 AM

Note - DGW3 will not work with GunCoin blocktime of 120 seconds... will make it even easier for high hash-rate miners to control the network.

You will need a heavily modified Digishield(or custom diff algo) implementation to achieve the goal your are wanting. The Criptoe Team has spent many weeks and an enormous amount of hash-rate testing this for another coin. The variables in the code for DGW3 is tuned specifically for a 60 second block time and will not scale for block times greater, while Digishield can be modified to deal with high hash-rate miners such multi-pools and botnets.

damm315er

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 01:02:31 PM

Note - DGW3 will not work with GunCoin blocktime of 120 seconds... will make it even easier for high hash-rate miners to control the network.

You will need a heavily modified Digishield(or custom diff algo) implementation to achieve the goal your are wanting. The Criptoe Team has spent many weeks and an enormous amount of hash-rate testing this for another coin. The variables in the code for DGW3 is tuned specifically for a 60 second block time and will not scale for block times greater, while Digishield can be modified to deal with high hash-rate miners such multi-pools and botnets.

I thought IPC was DGW, and it has 5 minute blocks..
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 01:45:24 PM

I thought IPC was DGW, and it has 5 minute blocks..

IPC does have DGW3 with 5 minute blocks and the difficulty resets with each block I think - I have mined that coin and have seen no problems since that upgrade was added several months ago before they went Neoscrypt.  GUN already uses a version of Digishield - not sure which version to be honest - whatever was current back in May of this year when GUN was released. The original developer had it in there for a reason.  Maybe we just need to tune it up as you say.

24Kilo

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:09:11 AM

There is nothing that can be done to prevent a diff spike if a miner/pool rolls in with 5x or 10x the base network hash-rate. This is the job of the diff algo. It is how the diff algo handles the hash-rate spike... both during the spike and after that is important.

Example 1. - Large hash-rate miner/miners adds 5x the base hash-rate to the network, the diff must increase by 5x or the block times will become skewed. The miner/miners are stable, mid-term miners and mint for several days or weeks. If the miner/miners leave the network suddenly, due to power or network issues, the diff will remain 'stuck' at 5x until the next blocks are found by the base network hashrate, which can be up to several hours. This is how the diff algo is supposed to work and is working properly. Ideally, the hash-rate is withdrawn slowly which helps prevent a 'stuck' network.

Example 2. - A multi-pool attacks a network with 5x to 10x the base hash-rate, collecting all the blocks quickly as the diff algo adjusts to the added hash-rate, the multi-pool is getting the blocks at a discount until the effective diff is found. But the multi-pool leaves when the diff levels out, leaving the network stuck. It may take hours to find a new block, the diff falls back the base, the multi-pool attacks again... rinse and repeat... doing this a multi-pool can basically own a network and mint the majority(as high as 90%) of the new blocks at a discount up to 60%.

In example 2, DGW3 in the case of a long block target time(more than 60 seconds), over-reacts to the diff spike on the back side(when the high hash-rate is withdrawn) and plunges the diff to a false low in response to a 'stuck' network, here is where a multipool can really make money by re-entering the network at the false low diff and minting blocks back through the base diff up to the high diff level. This makes a network essentially unusable.

Digishield handles this scenario much better than DGW by lowering the diff on the back side of the spike slower preventing a false low and when configured properly can deal with a 10x hash-rate spike effectively. There will always be a time when the network appears to be 'stuck' when a significant portion of the nethash is withdrawn, but you can make the network highly resistant to multi-pools/high hash-rate attacks with a properly configured Digishield implemented which reduces the number of blocks minted in such an attack by the high-hashrate miner that the attack becomes unprofitable.

I personally spent several weeks running testnets as high hash-rates, deploying multiple attacks, implementing different  diff algo code variables, as well as working as part of the Criptoe Team, so I have a reasonably clear understanding of how diff algo's work and don't work. I will do a GIT clone in the next few days and have a look at the GUN code base.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 02:35:51 AM

There is nothing that can be done to prevent a diff spike if a miner/pool rolls in with 5x or 10x the base network hash-rate. This is the job of the diff algo. It is how the diff algo handles the hash-rate spike... both during the spike and after that is important.

Example 1. - Large hash-rate miner/miners adds 5x the base hash-rate to the network, the diff must increase by 5x or the block times will become skewed. The miner/miners are stable, mid-term miners and mint for several days or weeks. If the miner/miners leave the network suddenly, due to power or network issues, the diff will remain 'stuck' at 5x until the next blocks are found by the base network hashrate, which can be up to several hours. This is how the diff algo is supposed to work and is working properly. Ideally, the hash-rate is withdrawn slowly which helps prevent a 'stuck' network.

Example 2. - A multi-pool attacks a network with 5x to 10x the base hash-rate, collecting all the blocks quickly as the diff algo adjusts to the added hash-rate, the multi-pool is getting the blocks at a discount until the effective diff is found. But the multi-pool leaves when the diff levels out, leaving the network stuck. It may take hours to find a new block, the diff falls back the base, the multi-pool attacks again... rinse and repeat... doing this a multi-pool can basically own a network and mint the majority(as high as 90%) of the new blocks at a discount up to 60%.

In example 2, DGW3 in the case of a long block target time(more than 60 seconds), over-reacts to the diff spike on the back side(when the high hash-rate is withdrawn) and plunges the diff to a false low in response to a 'stuck' network, here is where a multipool can really make money by re-entering the network at the false low diff and minting blocks back through the base diff up to the high diff level. This makes a network essentially unusable.

Digishield handles this scenario much better than DGW by lowering the diff on the back side of the spike slower preventing a false low and when configured properly can deal with a 10x hash-rate spike effectively. There will always be a time when the network appears to be 'stuck' when a significant portion of the nethash is withdrawn, but you can make the network highly resistant to multi-pools/high hash-rate attacks with a properly configured Digishield implemented which reduces the number of blocks minted in such an attack by the high-hashrate miner that the attack becomes unprofitable.

I personally spent several weeks running testnets as high hash-rates, deploying multiple attacks, implementing different  diff algo code variables, as well as working as part of the Criptoe Team, so I have a reasonably clear understanding of how diff algo's work and don't work. I will do a GIT clone in the next few days and have a look at the GUN code base.

Very good - thanks for the detailed explanation to our community here!

damm315er

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:19:42 PM

Hey all, I have been in contact with the coders that write the NeoScrypt kernels, and what we currently have is a stable and semi-efficient release, and pretty much all that we're going to get until a new optimization is found and released.

That being said, I'm going to start working on a for-dummies series of startup procedures and file downloads for CPU and GPU mining to update the Guncoin FAQ.

The problem I have with that, is that I only have newer GPU's, so the specific startup procedure for older style GPU's is something that I have read a bit about but have no experience with.  And no ideas on settings for them, other than what I can find on here - http://hw.neoscrypt.tk/index.php

Anyone willing to point out changes that need to be made to this procedure, to make it specific for the older GPU's?  - https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7949-the-un-official-how-do-i-mine-neoscrypt-with-cgminer-377b-and-an-ati-gpu-thread/
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:30:13 PM

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to give a "heads up" that I posted a giveaway of GUN on /r/GunCoin yesterday.

If somebody wants some free GUN, they may want to check it out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GunCoin/comments/2qjya6/giveaway_guncoin_giveaway/
damm315er

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 03:24:39 AM

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to give a "heads up" that I posted a giveaway of GUN on /r/GunCoin yesterday.

If somebody wants some free GUN, they may want to check it out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GunCoin/comments/2qjya6/giveaway_guncoin_giveaway/

Ha ha, cool!  That is very generous of you..

But I have plenty, so I'll pass and let others benefit from your generosity.   Grin
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 04:52:38 PM

Hey all, I have been in contact with the coders that write the NeoScrypt kernels, and what we currently have is a stable and semi-efficient release, and pretty much all that we're going to get until a new optimization is found and released.

That being said, I'm going to start working on a for-dummies series of startup procedures and file downloads for CPU and GPU mining to update the Guncoin FAQ.

The problem I have with that, is that I only have newer GPU's, so the specific startup procedure for older style GPU's is something that I have read a bit about but have no experience with.  And no ideas on settings for them, other than what I can find on here - http://hw.neoscrypt.tk/index.php

Anyone willing to point out changes that need to be made to this procedure, to make it specific for the older GPU's?  - https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7949-the-un-official-how-do-i-mine-neoscrypt-with-cgminer-377b-and-an-ati-gpu-thread/

This is great and we all appreciate your efforts for sure.  We either need to get this on to the GUN website on the blog or FAQ and also in the GUN users manual which we have on hold for a while.  We would like to wish every one of our users a Happy New Year and hope you all have a very prosperous 2015.

VexusMalius

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:35:29 AM

Heeeyy the downloader for the windows wallet has been deborked. Managed to update it without having my AV throw a temper tantrum. Glad to see this is still alive.
damm315er

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:03:24 PM

Heeeyy the downloader for the windows wallet has been deborked. Managed to update it without having my AV throw a temper tantrum. Glad to see this is still alive.

Alive and kicking..  And not planning on going away anytime soon.  Cheesy
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 03:31:07 PM

Yes, in our most recent fork, there was a lot of general cleanup done as well as the Neoscrypt Algorithm addition.  Thanks for checking in and supporting GUN !

damm315er

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:39:13 PM

Well, anyone solo mining gun right now, is winning big!!  The only pool mining gun is down, so all blocks are going to whoever is mining solo.
damm315er

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:06:28 PM

Pool is back up..  As you were.   Grin
AR15usr

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:33:12 PM

I'm trying to download a wallet, getting this response at guncoin.info:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is the site down for some reason?
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: