Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:17:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187885 times)
guncoin_support (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 02:54:19 AM

At the core, Guncoin transactions can already be quite anonymous, as with most cryptocurrencies.  We really do agree that being anonymous any more than the current abilities of GUN does not have a place with Guncoin's intended purpose.  Therefore, we are not pursuing any extra features that expand on that.  We are all for anonymity, and there are some really cool features out there, it just does not serve a purpose in this situation.  We do not advocate going around the laws that are put into place, and those laws require checks that use people's real information (background checks, etc).  The only way that Guncoin can potentially grow to widespread use is not by "dodging" those laws.  It is by showing that people who use it also follow normal procedures that are part of buying any firearm.

One thing people also need to understand with ASIC miners is that they are becoming more widely used, getting more powerful and the prices are dropping fast.  ASIC's will not destroy the world of Scrypt.  If anything, it may increase the number of miners.  Mining is always evolving and that is not going to stop any time soon.  Rest assured, no matter what the algo, there will be ASIC miners developed.

A few side notes:

1. Trading volume on Bleutrade is getting better, and votes on Mintpal are looking great!  Please everyone, help by voting.  You can vote every hour on Mintpal.  It will take us a while to get to the top of the list, but we will get there.

2. A "Free Guncoin" page with locations, faucets, giveaway's etc is being added to the website this weekend.

3. Android wallets will be coming soon.  We got a little set back, but will report on this more soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ozrep

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:13:23 AM

At the core, Guncoin transactions can already be quite anonymous, as with most cryptocurrencies.  We really do agree that being anonymous any more than the current abilities of GUN does not have a place with Guncoin's intended purpose.  Therefore, we are not pursuing any extra features that expand on that.  We are all for anonymity, and there are some really cool features out there, it just does not serve a purpose in this situation.  We do not advocate going around the laws that are put into place, and those laws require checks that use people's real information (background checks, etc).  The only way that Guncoin can potentially grow to widespread use is not by "dodging" those laws.  It is by showing that people who use it also follow normal procedures that are part of buying any firearm.

One thing people also need to understand with ASIC miners is that they are becoming more widely used, getting more powerful and the prices are dropping fast.  ASIC's will not destroy the world of Scrypt.  If anything, it may increase the number of miners.  Mining is always evolving and that is not going to stop any time soon.  Rest assured, no matter what the algo, there will be ASIC miners developed.

A few side notes:

1. Trading volume on Bleutrade is getting better, and votes on Mintpal are looking great!  Please everyone, help by voting.  You can vote every hour on Mintpal.  It will take us a while to get to the top of the list, but we will get there.

2. A "Free Guncoin" page with locations, faucets, giveaway's etc is being added to the website this weekend.

3. Android wallets will be coming soon.  We got a little set back, but will report on this more soon.

I like what I read  Grin

GUN: Gz1vmt4ZoTJxuL1wL5Uq5CTPDTzwJUzJFJ
Ganrom

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:49:53 PM

MORNING REPORT.

We reached over the top at 1300 votes overnight. Nice to see more each hour helping out. Thanks!!!

Would like to see ten an hour...but we'll take two or three, too.

Don't forget to vote every hour on Mintpal.

Keep bugging Cryptsy and others everyday ....We do!!!

Trading is really rough on Bleutrade.But on the bright side, looks like there is help coming there too.

Trying to keep the volume in the green has been a task for all of us but whoever is selling coins or dumping coins will be the loser in the end.

Have a great day and keep voting and helping on Bleutrade

zeuzcalm

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:48:58 AM

A few side notes:

I like what I read  Grin
Nice info, we wait the android wallet coming
GroinCoinGuy

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:27:00 PM

We have been following your coin with interest for a few weeks since our coin launched a few weeks after yours.  We had some ASICs and needed something to put them on since our coin is X11 and will not work with them.  We did not want to sell them and looked for a good scrypt coin to mine with them.  So we are mining GUN and have bought some on Bleutrade (where we are also traded), when the prices were low.  We were very pleased to see the prices about double this morning and we sold some for about twice what we bought it at.

We are a CHL holder in Texas and have high hopes that your coin will be successful (as well as ours...LOL).  We agree with all your thought processes we have read except for one.  We saw in an earlier post about member concern that your coin features might be outdated and subject to an ASIC attack (don't worry about me, my hashing power is not that overwhelming).  We noticed someone in our pool showed up with 35MH/s this morning to mine GUN - probably an ASIC I bet.  With so many coins out there it is tough to stand out.  I am curious why GUN does not take some type of fork to upgrade to newer features?  It seems you have a good following and a stable coin - now might be the best chance you have before retailers jump on your coin.  For our coin, we chose to go the X11 and DGW3 route with ours. Already, we see X13 and X14 coins coming out and are pondering if we need to upgrade or wait for something bigger.  PLEASE, there is absolutely NOOOOO criticism here - nor any intent to promote our coin, just another supportive GUN miner/user hoping to see some serious upward movement on GUN and looking towards the longer term.
Ganrom

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:39:43 PM

Fantastic movement on Guncoin in the Bleutrade market.

Up on Crypto Market Cap 166 % !!!!!
 This mornings trading has been very exciting. Things started out at.00000070 and is now trading at approx. 00000190.

Volume is at 197K and rising.

Seems like we are getting help. Thanks so much to all this joining in, especially GroinCoinGuy and their crew,

Appreciate all those from Texas!!!!!! We all know that Texans aren't afraid of the word GUN at all, thanks for the help GroinCoinGuy and crew.

It seems as though the person or persons trying to defeat the coin have either slowed down or hopefully decided to join us. Wouldn't that be nice.

On the Mintpal end of things we now have 1386 votes and are at 100 on the vote list. We keep seeing it rise daily. Yippee!!!!!!

Just wanted to let ya'll know what's happening.

GroinCoinGuy

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:50:18 PM

We bought at the right time too, but did not sell a lot - just to get our original BTC and DOGE back and then some.  A few other GXG miners are pointing their ASICS your way for a while.  We are happy to help - like ours, we think GUN is one of the few coins with focus that should last.  Our concern with GUN is if a rich ex-mayor and his anti-gun lunatics decide to invest a few million in an ASIC farm in upstate NY and put a few thousand GH/s on GUN and then sell them for 10 Satoshi for the rest of our lives.  While it is nice to have a stable coin price, that is not the one we would like to see. We wish y'all the best of luck and hope GUN takes off from here (and ours is close behind it - LOL).
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:20:35 AM

Add a couple asics to mining gun coin, and my mining went from 7% to under 1% of the take on the mined coins.   Not worth it for me to mine them anymore, with over $2g of GPU's in my rig.

Simple math.

I'll still follow the coin, but I can't compete with asics for mining scrypt.

Cest la vie.
ozrep

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:37:01 AM

We have been following your coin with interest for a few weeks since our coin launched a few weeks after yours.  We had some ASICs and needed something to put them on since our coin is X11 and will not work with them.  We did not want to sell them and looked for a good scrypt coin to mine with them.  So we are mining GUN and have bought some on Bleutrade (where we are also traded), when the prices were low.  We were very pleased to see the prices about double this morning and we sold some for about twice what we bought it at.

We are a CHL holder in Texas and have high hopes that your coin will be successful (as well as ours...LOL).  We agree with all your thought processes we have read except for one.  We saw in an earlier post about member concern that your coin features might be outdated and subject to an ASIC attack (don't worry about me, my hashing power is not that overwhelming).  We noticed someone in our pool showed up with 35MH/s this morning to mine GUN - probably an ASIC I bet.  With so many coins out there it is tough to stand out.  I am curious why GUN does not take some type of fork to upgrade to newer features?  It seems you have a good following and a stable coin - now might be the best chance you have before retailers jump on your coin.  For our coin, we chose to go the X11 and DGW3 route with ours. Already, we see X13 and X14 coins coming out and are pondering if we need to upgrade or wait for something bigger.  PLEASE, there is absolutely NOOOOO criticism here - nor any intent to promote our coin, just another supportive GUN miner/user hoping to see some serious upward movement on GUN and looking towards the longer term.

It's fantastic to see you GroinCoinPeople on board of the GuncoinShip too  Grin
I was reading your BitcointalkTopic and look through your specifications and goals for the coin and I can say you have an interesting cryptocurrency. Hoping you'll have success too.

I probably kind of agree about forking.

Some posts before I wrote down my thoughts about anonymity. I'm simply reading at people's posts and start to reason, trying to help the coin anyway I can, even just with my mind.
About anonymity-suggestion I said "I disagree" and you can find my "This is not a coin for Tor or Silkroad" post, easy.

about forking I think it's not a bad idea at all.

It's true what GunCoinSupport wrote about ASIC:
One thing people also need to understand with ASIC miners is that they are becoming more widely used, getting more powerful and the prices are dropping fast.  ASIC's will not destroy the world of Scrypt.  If anything, it may increase the number of miners.  Mining is always evolving and that is not going to stop any time soon.  Rest assured, no matter what the algo, there will be ASIC miners developed.

and, for sure, it's true what damm315er wrote:
Add a couple asics to mining gun coin, and my mining went from 7% to under 1% of the take on the mined coins.   Not worth it for me to mine them anymore, with over $2g of GPU's in my rig.
Simple math.
I'll still follow the coin, but I can't compete with asics for mining scrypt.
Cest la vie

In my humble opinion, I think we should keep reasoning with a "long-term mind". Keep reasoning like we already are in the future in which GunCoin is strong as Bitcoin is; Used by all USA OnlineGunShops and anything else we can imagine about it's success.
I think we must start think this way, even if we haven't yet reached our goal, because WE WILL REACH THAT GOAL, I have no doubt at all about that.
So...we can't arrive at that goal-point with "pants down" (italian adagio...imagine you go to the toilet and something important happens when your pants are down and you had absolutely no idea that "thing" could happen at all...and absolutely no idea that "thing" could happen right in that moment!).

So...if we think we already are one of the strongest coins out there: do we think it's a big problem having a scrypt Algo or we do not?
is it easy to make us go down with a 51% attack right now?
What is bitcoin doing to protect itself? what we can learn from our big brother? (because we will reach him).

A long-term investment needs protection and needs to not lose anyone (like damm315er) on the road to reach greatness.

Again...in the end I don't think the point is "making things because they're hot right now" to make price go higher.
Guncoin price will skyrocket because its purpose. No matter what we will do, from now on (if developers keep going to develop features and things...of course  Cheesy LOL)
I think we have to "make things" because OF THE PURPOSE.

I don't know if I managed to explain myself and concepts in my mind...sometimes language is really an issue for me, poor damn italian guy,
but please, share your point of view about that (even a "I didn't fucking understand a single word you damn idiot!"  Grin )

GUN: Gz1vmt4ZoTJxuL1wL5Uq5CTPDTzwJUzJFJ
GroinCoinGuy

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:19:55 PM

Well, ozrep, for the most part we agree.  I would not be concerned with a 51% takeover.  ASICs will not kill SCRYPT coins, but they sure can kill the price if the wrong group gets a hold of them and decides to dump cheap coins forever.  They can create an endless "Sell-wall" that will never go away.  GUN investors would be screwed then.  The coin would still prosper hopefully in wide retail use, but miners would quit mining as the profit potential would go away.  This is an unlikely process for most scrypt coins.  However, in the case of GUN, where there are thousands of anti-gun lobbies out there with millions of dollars, the possibility is MUCH more likely.  

As ASICs and the mining process evolve, the coin owners need to evolve also to protect their coins, their owners and their investors.  The best example, I can think of is radar detectors for automobiles.  The first ones were great,  they adequately detected the police radar and frustrated the police.  As technology evolved, the police got much improved radar with different frequencies.  Over time, automobile radar manufacturers adapted to combat the new threat.  Then police brought in lasers and again the cars updated to detect the new type.  The point is, every time one upgraded, the other had to upgrade to level the playing field.  If either car radar manufactures or police radar manufacturers sat on their original invention with no upgrades, they would be out of business today.  The crypto coin world is no different.  The coin owners/developers and ASIC vendors are going to be after each other for many years to come.  If either decide to rest on their laurels, they will not be around too long.  

One more thing on GUN being anonymous - I would NOT actively promote this feature.  While it is a standard feature for coins and a great feature and selling point for our coin, it gives the anti-gun lobby one more piece of ammo to shoot at us with (no pun intended)!  Anonymous gun show transactions are one of their biggest targets for them now.  The fact you could buy and sell a gun with untraceable money is something I think we all know, but should just keep under the covers for now.....
damm315er

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:38:04 PM

Let me be clear, I don't expect the coin to be changed simply because of me preferring it to be that way.  I'm just an example of a miner of any coin that starts before the release of new hardware, and mid mining new hardware is released making the previous hardware useless for mining it.

Also, don't get me wrong, I'm not against asics, they have their place, which is in well established high hash-rate coins like doge and litecoin.  (and eventually this coin after the hash rates approach the gigahash mark)

But when the hash-rate of a coin is low enough that only one or two guys with a few asics can come in and overpower the entire existing base of miners, it will force the original miners out.  Since those asic miners coming in are only coming in for profit, the coins will then get dumped on the market for quick cash.  Since the original miners who would prefer to hold the coins for use get forced out, many will also dump their coins.  

The market is then full of coin supply, but no demand.  And just where do your coin values go?

GroinCoinGuy

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:06:39 PM

Well, I do not expect the coin to change over night either.  ASICs do have their place with DOGE, LTC, etc.  But unfortunately, if a new coin gets hit with ASICs in a hard way, the coin could be in serious trouble.  After our launch announcement, within a few hours, our hash rate was exceeding 800MH/s.  We managed to hold off the whales without giving up a significant amount of coins - fortunately, they backed off after a few days.  A standard scrypt coin might not be able to handle that.  

Right now, we have GPUs mining our coin and some small ASICs on GUN and one other.  Eventually, those ASICS will be outdated as are some old BFL Jalapenos I waited too long to get rid of.  Hopefully, GUN has resources and a community that will take care of the price war if it happens.  We would like to be able to make a profit on some of or GUN some time soon in addition to spending them on a day at the range.....Damm315er, hopefully your GPUs are not going idle???

Let me be clear, I don't expect the coin to be changed simply because of me preferring it to be that way.  I'm just an example of a miner of any coin that starts before the release of new hardware, and mid mining new hardware is released making the previous hardware useless for mining it.

Also, don't get me wrong, I'm not against asics, they have their place, which is in well established high hash-rate coins like doge and litecoin.  (and eventually this coin after the hash rates approach the gigahash mark)

But when the hash-rate of a coin is low enough that only one or two guys with a few asics can come in and overpower the entire existing base of miners, it will force the original miners out.  Since those asic miners coming in are only coming in for profit, the coins will then get dumped on the market for quick cash.  Since the original miners who would prefer to hold the coins for use get forced out, many will also dump their coins.  

The market is then full of coin supply, but no demand.  And just where do your coin values go?

damm315er

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:45:34 AM

They are not idle. (well some of them aren't anyway)  They were idle overnight though as I have a mobo problem caused by a failed PSU that also took out the boot drive.  I managed to get it running this morning though, and noticed that the nearly 50 mh/s of asics had left, so 2 are back on gun.  The mobo is currently not recognizing GPU 3 through 5 which is really bugging me (I've swapped the cards around and they all work so I'm just running the 2 best), but that's my issue and I'll tend to it when I have a chance.

Like I said, I'm by no means giving up on gun, just not wasting my meager hashes against large quantities of asic power.

Well, I do not expect the coin to change over night either.  ASICs do have their place with DOGE, LTC, etc.  But unfortunately, if a new coin gets hit with ASICs in a hard way, the coin could be in serious trouble.  After our launch announcement, within a few hours, our hash rate was exceeding 800MH/s.  We managed to hold off the whales without giving up a significant amount of coins - fortunately, they backed off after a few days.  A standard scrypt coin might not be able to handle that.  

Right now, we have GPUs mining our coin and some small ASICs on GUN and one other.  Eventually, those ASICS will be outdated as are some old BFL Jalapenos I waited too long to get rid of.  Hopefully, GUN has resources and a community that will take care of the price war if it happens.  We would like to be able to make a profit on some of or GUN some time soon in addition to spending them on a day at the range.....Damm315er, hopefully your GPUs are not going idle???

damm315er

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:43:57 AM

I hate it when this happens...    Angry

chevro

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:23:33 PM

Ouch!

Someone once told me that what makes electronics work is smoke,  because when you let the smoke out,  they don't work anymore!
RodrigoHenrik

Activity: 107

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 08:00:30 AM

Cuncoin is now available on

GUN/BTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GUN/BTC
GUN/LTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GUN/LTC
GUN/DOGE: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GUN/DOGE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why you should choose Bleutrade

• Trade Crypto2Crypto • Real-time Trading • Low Fees • Hundreds of trades per minute • Resistant to DDOS attacks
• Trade 66 cryptocurrencies • Possibility to trade 2145 pairs • Decentralized storage • 95% Cold storage wallet
• Light as a feather system • Encrypted SSL connection • Real-time backup • Fast support (Less than 1 hour)
• Two-Factor Authentication (Google)...

Register on Bleutrade Now!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COO/CMO & Co-Founder at Bleutrade.com
damm315er

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:13:16 PM

Ouch!

Someone once told me that what makes electronics work is smoke,  because when you let the smoke out,  they don't work anymore!

Yeah, ouch..  That is (was) a 9 month old $250 motherboard, built as a gaming rig then converted to mining.  When the PSU blew, it also took out the 1TB boot drive with all my tweaking settings on it, so it was multiple levels of getting kicked in the hairy danglers.

Well, new 6 GPU mobo on the way, and this one is going in for repair as it was still functioning with the burned connector.  

Quiet weekend though, 15 fans not running.   Sad (but I'm sure it'll be a noticeable drop in the electric bill)
Ganrom

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:03:19 PM

Ok Here is the morning report.........

The voting at MINTPAL is up to 1534 at 11 am EST. There are a few assisting. Thanks, appreciate it.

Bleutrade is still getting bombarded by a person who IMHO seems to want to see Guncoin go  down in a ball of flames. There seems to be quite a few trying to protect the coin and get it's value up to par but there is an oppressor out there.

OPINION: There is a sector of the public hell bent on destroying the Constitution. Not just the 2nd Amend. but the whole Constitution. How can that be? I know there are people here on the forum and buying in markets from all over the world. They may not understand what our Constitution stands for. It stands for the rights of the people. The people have the rights. That should be worldwide.....

If there are those abroad or in the US that want to smash the Constitution by starting with the little people, we are not going to let that stand.

Guncoin is the coin that could help get the word out.

If there is anyone out there that does not believe the statement above, I feel sorry for you. We need to get the word out to the NRA, Sarah Palin, Ted Nugent and others, that  this coin is available.

No I/we are not the owner/owners of Guncoin, but we have been on their band wagon since before it launched, and will continue.

There are hundreds of people killed in GUN FREE zones and in cities that ban guns altogether than areas that have legal gun permits. I have never heard or read of a single bullet being fired at a gun show. I am sure you have all heard the saying, "If guns did the killing there wouldn't be any survivors at a gun show." Because everyone is carrying one.....so who is the bad guy?Huh
Gun free areas make innocent people the targets...therefore  reason dictates that the killers are the only ones with the guns.
Remember Hitler didn't like guns, so he confiscated them from the people, and we all know what happened then. We do not need history to repeat itself.
The word GUN is not a killer....Now if there was a PEOPLEcoin that would be something to be afraid of. Just saying...
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:14:38 PM

I hate it when this happens...    Angry

That sucks, PSU (or something else) shorted. What PSU was it?

damm315er

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:36:23 PM

I hate it when this happens...    Angry

That sucks, PSU (or something else) shorted. What PSU was it?

Actually, it was 1 of 2 psu's failing, but not the one running the motherboard.

I had a 850 gold running the mobo (8350 CPU and 2 fans) and PCIE to 2 R290 GPUs.  The second (Corsair 750HX) was feeding the other 2 R290x GPUs via PCIE, the HDD, and powering all 4 risers.

When the corsair failed (it quit several times before I tracked down what was causing the random reboots) the power for all 4 GPU's was feeding through the mobo connector.  It burned on every failure, but was still running.

After swapping cards and eventually replacing the failed 750 with a 1kw PSU, I could only get 2 GPU to run reliably.  I could never get 4 or 5 that I had been running previously, so I kept digging until I found that.  Then I ordered another mobo which arrived today.  BBIAB, gots some work to do.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: