Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:52:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187885 times)
W.Weller

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:45:54 AM

Last week a lot of suggestions were being made toward potentially changing the coin to a PoS or changing the coin to an X11/X13 algo. Are these still a potential reality?  I have mentioned before that a PoS would be a great place to start.  It would help support fellow gun-loving friends that may be still using some old rigs and mining isn't an option.  Another reason, may give a sense of trust to the GUN wallet, download a wallet and begin "minting" you next firearm.  I also know the high level of work in changing this; just curious if these were still options.

There also were some other suggestions on promoting/marketing to put our coin in the lime light of crypto.  We have to keep thinking like this until we have something that sticks.  We all know that there are big names out there that can and will hopefully help us one day but until then we need to think out side the box a little to help promote GUN. 

We are all supporters of GUN but if we as a community can't prove our purpose and uniqueness then these "celeb" supporters wont come running and we are just another coin; or at least won't want their name haphazardly tossed on something that we are still working through.  I know we have a purpose, one that is needed, but how to we do better to get that message out?

We are still a young coin and have tons of potential just need to keep working on it.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ozrep

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:31:32 AM

Ok Here is the morning report.........

The voting at MINTPAL is up to 1534 at 11 am EST. There are a few assisting. Thanks, appreciate it.

Bleutrade is still getting bombarded by a person who IMHO seems to want to see Guncoin go  down in a ball of flames. There seems to be quite a few trying to protect the coin and get it's value up to par but there is an oppressor out there.

OPINION: There is a sector of the public hell bent on destroying the Constitution. Not just the 2nd Amend. but the whole Constitution. How can that be? I know there are people here on the forum and buying in markets from all over the world. They may not understand what our Constitution stands for. It stands for the rights of the people. The people have the rights. That should be worldwide.....

If there are those abroad or in the US that want to smash the Constitution by starting with the little people, we are not going to let that stand.

Guncoin is the coin that could help get the word out.

If there is anyone out there that does not believe the statement above, I feel sorry for you. We need to get the word out to the NRA, Sarah Palin, Ted Nugent and others, that  this coin is available.

No I/we are not the owner/owners of Guncoin, but we have been on their band wagon since before it launched, and will continue.

There are hundreds of people killed in GUN FREE zones and in cities that ban guns altogether than areas that have legal gun permits. I have never heard or read of a single bullet being fired at a gun show. I am sure you have all heard the saying, "If guns did the killing there wouldn't be any survivors at a gun show." Because everyone is carrying one.....so who is the bad guy?Huh
Gun free areas make innocent people the targets...therefore  reason dictates that the killers are the only ones with the guns.
Remember Hitler didn't like guns, so he confiscated them from the people, and we all know what happened then. We do not need history to repeat itself.
The word GUN is not a killer....Now if there was a PEOPLEcoin that would be something to be afraid of. Just saying...

thanks for your morning reports Ganrom!  Grin they're a tradition now. Don't stop or I'll miss them.

I still think..this person you're talking about is a problem till people start to buy guncoin and I'm talking about people outside cryptoworld. I alway point at facebook fans.

I think we have not enough "promotion campaign"..(and I think it should be gun-dedicated).

Last week a lot of suggestions were being made toward potentially changing the coin to a PoS or changing the coin to an X11/X13 algo. Are these still a potential reality?  I have mentioned before that a PoS would be a great place to start.  It would help support fellow gun-loving friends that may be still using some old rigs and mining isn't an option.  Another reason, may give a sense of trust to the GUN wallet, download a wallet and begin "minting" you next firearm.  I also know the high level of work in changing this; just curious if these were still options.

There also were some other suggestions on promoting/marketing to put our coin in the lime light of crypto.  We have to keep thinking like this until we have something that sticks.  We all know that there are big names out there that can and will hopefully help us one day but until then we need to think out side the box a little to help promote GUN. 

We are all supporters of GUN but if we as a community can't prove our purpose and uniqueness then these "celeb" supporters wont come running and we are just another coin; or at least won't want their name haphazardly tossed on something that we are still working through.  I know we have a purpose, one that is needed, but how to we do better to get that message out?

We are still a young coin and have tons of potential just need to keep working on it.

Yeah, maybe Pos could be a good solution about what I wrote last week about technology.
Tech and Promoting.

Maybe do we need a good PR?
How can we take one? (maybe we all can fundraising a good amount of coins and light someone's interest?)

GUN: Gz1vmt4ZoTJxuL1wL5Uq5CTPDTzwJUzJFJ
Ganrom

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:30:13 PM

MORNING REPORT

The voting on Mintpal was going great but seems to have slowed down....did everyone go on vacation?Huh?

The votes are up to 1561 at 12pm today. Up less than 30votes in 25 hours. The higher we go on the ladder than harder it gets. So rally the troops and lets give Guncoin a big boost!!!

Bleutrade seems to be on hold with movement because of a low trader. If anyone is interested in a great deal, you can get 70k Guncoin for less than $28.00!!!!

He's gonna be sorry later on!!!!

Thank you Ozrep for asking us to continue with the morning reports. Wasn't too sure anyone paid attention. Thanks again.
GroinCoinGuy

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:18:57 PM

Well, we bought 29K ++ GUN yesterday on Allcrypt for half of what they are going for today - lot slimmer market over there.  So the "dumping" is occurring in multiple places.  Not sure if the "dumper" realizes that it is the GUN community who is grabbing them up at cheap prices - unless they do not care as they are mining them cheap and just creating a revenue stream to offset their mining expenses and continue to annoy GUN users by keeping prices down.

One thing I have noticed the past week in the pool I am mining in that is very odd and repeatable.  I have a few ASICS that can mine about 5-6 MH/s - not a lot, but a healthy amount of hashing.  I look at the pool before I turn them on and it is hashing about 15MH/s.  An hour after I add in my 5MH/s, the pool is hashing along at well-over 30 MH/s, even seen it jump to 40MH/s.  When I turn mine off, so do they.  I see the same thing every day.  You have some one or some group that wants a fixed percentage of the mined coins and the capability and diligence to get them.  If this is the same person dumping the coins, you have a serious long term problem, unless you get some serious hashing of your own to out-hash them....Has anyone else noticed this also?

FYI, we also throw a few votes your way on Mintpal, since we have not made the list there yet.

MORNING REPORT

The voting on Mintpal was going great but seems to have slowed down....did everyone go on vacation?Huh?

The votes are up to 1561 at 12pm today. Up less than 30votes in 25 hours. The higher we go on the ladder than harder it gets. So rally the troops and lets give Guncoin a big boost!!!

Bleutrade seems to be on hold with movement because of a low trader. If anyone is interested in a great deal, you can get 70k Guncoin for less than $28.00!!!!

Thank you Ozrep for asking us to continue with the morning reports. Wasn't too sure anyone paid attention. Thanks again.
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:30:10 AM

Hash rates listed at pools are not the most reliable method of measurement, so I've been told by a pool owner, as they are estimated.  I've seen my own hashing power in pools inflated or deflated by as much as 70% when compared to what my miner reports, but averaging over time by the pool reports it works out close to the real number.

The way to really tell how your hashing power effects the overall hashing (I figured this out by observation and a bit of math), is to mine for several hours (1 or 2 is not enough, I'd go 5 or more), and compare the coin payout you get to the total coin payout per hour that you mined.  Since these are 200 coins per block, 2 minute average (30 blocks per hour), it's about 6,000 coins per hour. If you're getting an average of 600 coins per hour, you're about 10% of the payout making it about 10% of the hashing power.  If you're using 6mh/s to get there, then the total is about 60mh/s.

I think the pools use similar math, but it's done on a second by second basis which fluctuates wildly, so the several hour long averaging smooths things out.

Make sense?

Well, we bought 29K ++ GUN yesterday on Allcrypt for half of what they are going for today - lot slimmer market over there.  So the "dumping" is occurring in multiple places.  Not sure if the "dumper" realizes that it is the GUN community who is grabbing them up at cheap prices - unless they do not care as they are mining them cheap and just creating a revenue stream to offset their mining expenses and continue to annoy GUN users by keeping prices down.

One thing I have noticed the past week in the pool I am mining in that is very odd and repeatable.  I have a few ASICS that can mine about 5-6 MH/s - not a lot, but a healthy amount of hashing.  I look at the pool before I turn them on and it is hashing about 15MH/s.  An hour after I add in my 5MH/s, the pool is hashing along at well-over 30 MH/s, even seen it jump to 40MH/s.  When I turn mine off, so do they.  I see the same thing every day.  You have some one or some group that wants a fixed percentage of the mined coins and the capability and diligence to get them.  If this is the same person dumping the coins, you have a serious long term problem, unless you get some serious hashing of your own to out-hash them....Has anyone else noticed this also?

FYI, we also throw a few votes your way on Mintpal, since we have not made the list there yet.

MORNING REPORT

timmy1979222

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:24:29 PM

Windows wallet download doesnt work,it says network error!!
damm315er

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:54:09 PM

Windows wallet download doesnt work,it says network error!!

Give it a while to sync..  Just let it run.
guncoin_support (OP)

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 04:21:36 PM

Good Morning!

- Regarding changes like PoS, we are still considering it.  However, Guncoin is gradually getting more and more support, and it is showing.  There are more and more transactions posted per block now, trading volume is up more and more every week.  Network hash rate keeps getting better and prices are raising with stronger buy support behind the market.  So, we are definitely considering options, but on the other hand, we are very happy with how things are progressing.

- @timmy1979222, regarding the Wallet problem, make sure you have a "Guncoin.conf" file. And, as damm315er said, make sure to give it enough time to sync with the network if it is a new installation.  If you still have problems, please email us directly for support.

- To the groincoin guys... U ROCK.  Thank you for your support, and know that we will help support you guys as much as we can as well.

- Android Wallet should be completed this weekend!  We will give an announcement as soon as it is completed.

- KEEP VOTING AT MINTPAL!  We are getting higher on the voting list every day, and EVERY vote helps.  Should we run some kind of voting promo?  Maybe free GUN for verified votes?  What do you all think?

- Also, I still think it would be a good idea to get together a fundraiser for NRA or "Friends of NRA" in the near future.  Any thoughts on that?

ozrep

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:27:42 PM

Good Morning!

- Regarding changes like PoS, we are still considering it.  However, Guncoin is gradually getting more and more support, and it is showing.  There are more and more transactions posted per block now, trading volume is up more and more every week.  Network hash rate keeps getting better and prices are raising with stronger buy support behind the market.  So, we are definitely considering options, but on the other hand, we are very happy with how things are progressing.

- @timmy1979222, regarding the Wallet problem, make sure you have a "Guncoin.conf" file. And, as damm315er said, make sure to give it enough time to sync with the network if it is a new installation.  If you still have problems, please email us directly for support.

- To the groincoin guys... U ROCK.  Thank you for your support, and know that we will help support you guys as much as we can as well.

- Android Wallet should be completed this weekend!  We will give an announcement as soon as it is completed.

- KEEP VOTING AT MINTPAL!  We are getting higher on the voting list every day, and EVERY vote helps.  Should we run some kind of voting promo?  Maybe free GUN for verified votes?  What do you all think?

- Also, I still think it would be a good idea to get together a fundraiser for NRA or "Friends of NRA" in the near future.  Any thoughts on that?

+1000
Everyone in this community is doing a great job. I think a fundraiser for NRA is a good idea...I think anything that can bring support to the coin is a good idea  Cheesy and I will repeat it all the time, anything that can wake up social network fans is THE good idea!  Grin

GUN: Gz1vmt4ZoTJxuL1wL5Uq5CTPDTzwJUzJFJ
Odeyin

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:40:14 PM

I hold Darkcoin, but I mine and hold Gun coin. I think Gun coin is really a good niche market coin.  I fully support it, and hope that it does well! I will continue to mine and hold!
timmy1979222

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:08:03 PM

Good Morning!

Hi tnx for answer, but i even cant download it, it says networkerror, but the macversion,what i dont need i can download it.
only windowsversion starts downloading,and in end of download,says networkerror, but i can download every other wallet.
guncoin_support (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 10:33:07 PM

Hi tnx for answer, but i even cant download it, it says networkerror, but the macversion,what i dont need i can download it.
only windowsversion starts downloading,and in end of download,says networkerror, but i can download every other wallet.

Just sent you an email.

timmy1979222

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:14:07 AM

tnx got mail,the wallet you sent is working fine
guncoin_support (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 05:13:46 PM

Good Morning!

We seem to have lost 400 to 500 votes on Mintpal today.  We were nearly 1,700 votes yesterday and now are just over 1,200 today.

We have sent in a support ticket to Mintpal to address the problem, but want to encourage all of you that vote to send in a support ticket as well.

We have worked very hard for those votes and they need to give them back.

That is all.   Cheesy

Ganrom

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:03:28 PM

Good Morning!

We seem to have lost 400 to 500 votes on Mintpal today.  We were nearly 1,700 votes yesterday and now are just over 1,200 today.

We have sent in a support ticket to Mintpal to address the problem, but want to encourage all of you that vote to send in a support ticket as well.

We have worked very hard for those votes and they need to give them back.

That is all.   Cheesy
[/qu

The actual count at 10:47am EST was 1615.  When we went to vote an hour later as is our daily routine we were denied access because our password was incorrect, which it was not. Two support tickets and several hours later I was finally able to have access by manual reset by support.

That was the first thing we noticed about the count not being correct. We have sent in a support ticket also. BUT what about the votes we are continuing to put up on the wrong numbers? Are they going to be added too?

Frustrating to say the least
guncoin_support (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:21:20 PM

Just received this email from Mintpal support:  Apparently they think that someone was using a "bot" to vote, so all we could do was advise them that it is not true and it is very unfair to our community.  I guess this is Mintpal showing some true colors.  Hopefully nobody was actually using a bot, as it just hurts the real voters (but I do not believe anyone was):

------------------------------------
Hello,

This afternoon we removed a lot of bot votes, your coin was one of the less penalised ones compared to some others.

Regards,
Jay
MintPal

damm315er

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:47:36 PM

That blows...

Just received this email from Mintpal support:  Apparently they think that someone was using a "bot" to vote, so all we could do was advise them that it is not true and it is very unfair to our community.  I guess this is Mintpal showing some true colors.  Hopefully nobody was actually using a bot, as it just hurts the real voters (but I do not believe anyone was):

Hello,

This afternoon we removed a lot of bot votes, your coin was one of the less penalised ones compared to some others.

Regards,
Jay
MintPal
guncoin_support (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 08:55:03 PM

UPDATE -

Guncoin (GUN) is now on the voting list for AllCoin!  You can vote once every hour...  Show GUN some love!

https://www.allcoin.com/vote/#GUN

Ganrom

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:05:32 PM

That blows...

Hello,

Regards,
Jay
MintPal

What is a "bot"HuhHuh? We have a written record of all the votes we did!!!! We have been on this almost 24/7 for weeks now. What the heck is going on here?Huh I am so miffed I could spit!!!!!

I have given them a piece of my mind. I could send them copies of the twelve pages I have with all the votes. BOT my butt!!!!!!
Ganrom

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:08:03 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 10:33:37 PM by Ganrom

Susan Madaffari (User)
27/06/2014 6:57 PM
Been voting on Guncoin for several weeks. This morning it was 1615 at 10:47am EST. Couldn't login for several hours due to a computer issue. But now when I voted Guncoin is 1287 votes. What the heck happened? Votes don't disappear. Are you having computer issues? Will the actual votes that are being done now be counted, or did I just waste my vote? This is really weird.

--------------

MintPal Jay (Staff)
27/06/2014 10:03 PM
Hi Susan,

We removed some bot votes on a number of coins earlier today, your coin was hit slightly but far less so than other coins. I have already added some votes back for some false positives that we caught.

Regards,
Jay
​MintPal

Susan Madaffari (User)
27/06/2014 11:05 PM
Thanks for your quick response BUT I have a few questions and comments...What is a bot vote?Huh What do you mean by the coin was hit slightly but far less than other coins. Why would you have false positives???

The correct amount as of 10:47 am EST should have been 1615. We have every voting time that we voted and watched since nearly the beginning and I can send you copies. I have twelve pages of the work we have put into this. I will not let this go, how unfair can you be? We vote everyday and night almost on the hour every hour everyday and we kept a written record of it.                                            

Are you planning on fixing this or are you going to leave it with 1400 votes?Huh Not fair in my opinion.

--------------
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10409610_10203420156458558_181796697694947140_n.jpg?dl=1

Link provided to show the last page.....

Susan Madaffari (User)
27/06/2014 11:31 PM
Here is a snapshot of the last page when we were cut short.. You can clearly see the last page of the written record we keep on the voting. First we had a problem with logging in and then this. As you might be able to tell these votes were done at all hours of the day and night, to the point my husband wasn't getting any sleep. I had to stop him from continually getting out of bed. As you can see he and I are serious about getting Guncoin to the top of the list. We do not appreciate our hard work being cut short.
You need to fix this and be fair.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: