Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:23:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Bitcoin Fog: Secure Bitcoin Anonymization  (Read 301329 times)
davewalberg

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:20:59 PM

Bitcoinfog is a selective scammer. We have lost 14,000$ or so worth of btc this week with them.

Hey alicealice, sorry to hear Bitcoin Fog stole that much money from you Sad

We then tried to get back on the website and sure enough, bitcoinfog has deleted our account. We were able to create the same fuckin account with same username/password, and now we have a balance of 0 btc.

Turns out they did the same thing to me... At first I thought it was a credential log on problem, but I tried what you said.  Sure enough it let me create an account with the same username and password and of course my deposit wasn't there, a big fat Zero balance.

The staff is non-compliant and is refusing to help. They say we have to submit a ticket through the ticket support with the right account, the one that they deleted. Other than that, staff has been arrogant and just plain assholes.

They are extremely arrogant and big assholes.

Yes, there mixing system works. Yes, we have shuffled a lot of bitcoins through it, but today we realized they're just a bunch of fucker(s) who will still(steal from) their trusted clients. I would say: use at your own risk and expect to be robbed blindly.

I totally agree, I deposited money with them on March 6th and over two weeks later they have done nothing to fix the problem, in fact they deny that there is a problem.

BITCOIN FOG will scam you too!
BITCOIN FOG will rob you blind!
BITCOIN FOG will delete your account and your balance with it!
BITCOIN FOG will taunt you after they steal your money!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
victzhang

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:46:06 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 12:43:31 AM by victzhang

Deposited 1BTC and asked for a 0.6 BTC withdrawal.
Only got 0.1BTC within the specified time (6 hours), remained BTC are still missing after 48 hours.  Cry
Contacted their support and haven't got a reply yet.

Akemashite Omedetou, if you are experiencing any technical difficulties, I think you should update everyone with your latest progress.
People are losing their confidence in your service because of the long deposit/withdrawal delay.
Bitcoin Fog is an essential part of the bitcoin community. Please don't run away!

EDIT: I have received my coins. This is my own fault.
machinima

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:05:40 PM

Well confidence is definitely lost! The BTC that were in my fog account mysteriously disappeared with a new deposit. No responses from support and no response in a pm to mr amekotwtflickmyasshole.

No way systems are running smooth! Systems are running smooth filling your pockets!
pleasehelpmegetmyBTCback

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:02:06 AM

Could I please get a response from Bitcoin Fog regarding the 10BTC I sent to my bitcoin fog wallet many weeks ago.  I still have a zero balance, the wallet I sent it from shows it being sent to the wallet of my Fog account, the chain shows the coins moving as well.  I have emailed support many times about my concern (this was sent when BTC was over $600 and I am in desparate need of my funds!)    can anyone give me any advice on this other than simple trash talk, I can't fathom loosing so much hard earned BTC.  my username on fog is mochadrip if anyone in support reads this stuff. 
Akemashite Omedetou (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 10:17:11 PM

We have received information about suspicious activity by our hosting provider. In order to prevent any information being seized we had to shut down all servers activating encryption and are now in the process of moving to the backup server. Currently all services are inaccessible. Sorry for the inconvenience, we estimate the works being complete within 48 hours.

Bitcoin Fog: Secure Bitcoin Anonymization

---
Creedy: Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
victzhang

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:42:51 AM

Deposited 1BTC and asked for a 0.6 BTC withdrawal.
Only got 0.1BTC within the specified time (6 hours), remained BTC are still missing after 48 hours.  Cry
Contacted their support and haven't got a reply yet.

Akemashite Omedetou, if you are experiencing any technical difficulties, I think you should update everyone with your latest progress.
People are losing their confidence in your service because of the long deposit/withdrawal delay.
Bitcoin Fog is an essential part of the bitcoin community. Please don't run away!

Finally I received my coins. This is NOT a problem of Bitcoin Fog. This is actually a problem of MultiBit wallet; it doesn't synchronize my wallet correctly!! I didn't see my coins until I manually reset the blockchain today.

I have been using Bitcoin Fog for a few times and it worked fine for me. The recent delay in withdrawal reported by other users just made me too nervous.

I sincerely apologize to Akemashite Omedetou and hopefully you can continue the great service!

Thanks,
Victor
Pingywon

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:17:56 AM

They seem to be down for at least 12 hours now. I don't have any coins there, but it would be a shame to see the Fog fade away. Anyone have any insight as what is going on with this downtime?
chopsticks

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

*bamf!* you've just been eaten by a gr00.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 05:59:37 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 12:19:49 AM by chopsticks

I sent some btc (to a bitcoinfog wallet I had used before) while bitcoinfog was down / in transit.

Hopefully the migration to new servers goes smoothly and my btc is waiting for me.

[ U P D A T E D ]

After the migration finished my btc was waiting for me in BitCoinFog.

All is well.  I transferred it away already.

This space kept free of spammage, scammage, begging and affiliate linking
Akemashite Omedetou (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 08:55:41 PM

The process is now complete, all systems returned to normal operation.
Sorry for taking this long, but given the specifics of our service and the dangers we have to face, we have to take all the necessary precautions and that takes time. Thank you all for your patience.

---
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
french684

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:27:40 AM

Hi BitcoinFog,

I have sent a private forum message to you regarding a problem with my bitcoinfog account. Could you please respond to that message.

Thanks,

Bobby
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:53:22 PM

You should just post a FAQ:

Q: Why can't you reply to all messages immediately, regardless of wherever you might live or do?
A:
uhu23

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:47:58 AM

I HAVE WITHDRAWN FROM MY BITCOIN FOG ACCOUNT AND IT FINISHED MORE THAN 48HRS AGO. NOTHING SHOWED UP IN THE TARGET ADDRESS AND NO RESPONSE FROM THE SUPPORT...WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? ARE YOU GUYS BECOMING ANOTHER SCAM? THE SERVICE WORKED SO NICELY IN THE PAST...SUPER DISAPPOINTING  Angry
23thcentury

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:25:06 PM

WARNING ! I lost my coins through BitcoinFog and no reaction / support from the owner.

Few weeks ago I opend an account in BitcoinFog, created deposit addresses and transfered the coins. After few hours there were no coins in my BitcoinFog account. I checked the addresses / the transfer in blockchain and everything looked fine. But no coins had arrived in my BitcoinFog account. I wrote a lot of messages to the BitcoinFog support. But no reaction. I wrote here a private message to Akemashite Omedetou. But no reaction.

Finaly my coins are gone through BitcoinFog and no reaction / support from the owner. His service worked in the past but not currently.

So if you like to play with your coins, then use BitcoinFog. Otherwise check other options. There are some other services. It’s your choise to keep your coins safe or to be scammed.
dklfd

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:33:51 AM

!SCAM! SCAM! SCAM !SCAM! SCAM! SCAM !SCAM! SCAM! SCAM !SCAM! SCAM! SCAM !SCAM! SCAM! SCAM !SCAM! SCAM! SCAM !SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

On Friday, the 6th of June I have sent 5$ on my deposit and could swiftly saw them, later on I loaded my deposit account at "Bitcoin Fog" with another 130$, after that action my account was blocked and became unavailable for me, the money were gone as well (could check that out from the wallet address).
I have created a new account with another name and sent some messages to Support, which were deleted next day.
As far as I can see, the "service" is a complete SCAM, do not use it even for small amounts, they will simply steal everything!!!

!SCAM! SCAM! SCAM !SCAM! SCAM! SCAM !SCAM! SCAM! SCAM !SCAM! SCAM! SCAM !SCAM! SCAM! SCAM !SCAM! SCAM! SCAM !SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

P.S. @Bitcoin Fog, reply, if you have anything to say. @Others, please give an advice, where else could I post this in order to prevent, that anyone will ever be fooled by Bitcoin Fog?
fogscam

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:58:52 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 09:16:04 PM by fogscam

BitcoinFog is SCAM!!!

Exactly the same problem as in the privious post.
Until my first deposit everything worked great, but after my second deposit I couldn`t login anymore, no chance to access my account. 
I created a second user to write them a support ticket - no answer, my messages were deleted after a few hours.

Its obvious that the first deposit acts as a bait and they will rip you off after your next rewarding  deposit.

So dont make the same mistake and stay away from this SCAM!

Seems that with some customers everything works well - to keep the good reviews but a few of them are fooled to maximize their profits.

I will report if bitcoinfog reacts to my messages.

regards ...

BITCOINFOG = SCAM
Akemashite Omedetou (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 09:59:33 PM

We currently experience technical difficulties and the service is offline. To our best knowledge the accounts and funds are safe and we should be back within a day. We shall update.

---
HoowLoong

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:26:45 AM

Hello,
What does it mean "Please come back in a short while."
I'm refreshing page for like 36h straight. No sleep for me. It don't looks for me such a short time. I need my funds ASAP.
You are sleeping doing nothing while i'm waiting for Your stated "short time"
Is it soonish like Mark from Mt. gox?
Your service is great but communication is really, really, mega, great, really, no I say really, reallllly BAD!  Angry
Have a good sleep. Not me.  Huh  Huh  Huh
23thcentury

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:47:09 PM

We currently experience technical difficulties and the service is offline. To our best knowledge the accounts and funds are safe and we should be back within a day. We shall update.

@ Akemashite Omedetou, and where are my coins which I lost in your system? I’m not the only one with this problem. But no statement, replys or support from you. My coins are gone and you stole them. 
fogscam

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:21:37 PM

My account is still blocked, they keep ignoring my messages very effective - doesn`t matter if the site is online again, they will still steal your coins!
I created a second account wich still works, let me guess - maybe because I never made a deposit with this one?
Any statement?
Akemashite Omedetou (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:02:24 PM

Yes, we are back and have been for about a day.
We have been monitoring situation and it's working more stable now.
All the funds and accounts are intact, the system is back into normal operating mode.

My account is still blocked, they keep ignoring my messages very effective - doesn`t matter if the site is online again, they will still steal your coins!
I created a second account wich still works, let me guess - maybe because I never made a deposit with this one?
Any statement?
It sounds like you have misplaced your password or have been a victim to either phishing site or a dictionary attack which we have been under for a while now. (They are trying specific accounts and passwords, so they have some kind of leaked database from another service, and if you have a password on Fog which is the same as a password on some other service, you might be vulnerable.)

Unfortunately we don't have a proper way to restore a password, since we cannot trust the identity of the users who claim owning accounts to which they don't have passwords. This is not only matter of money security, this is a matter of personal security. If we were to reveal any account information to any unauthorized party, people might go to jail.
Bitcoin Fog is the highest possible anonymity outpost in the Bitcoin world, it's not for people that just joke around with their money, it's for people who have real problems with the law and we provide them the best possible service, and highest possible anonymity.
The password can't simply "stop working". We have checked the system countless amount of times and we know it works for everybody else. If you were the owner and knew the password, you could still login.
This is a limitation of our service, but we do warn about this on the registration page and the change password page.

The reason is simple - Fog is not your e-mail account, it's one of the few places in the Bitcoin world where anonymity is still the first priority. The only thing we have is trust. And we're not winning any trust by giving into some ransom requests that you are going to post something in this topic. If you do try to convince anyone we are scammers, which we are most definitely not, that's unfortunate, but it will be more unfortunate if we give in and compromise the anonymity, the biggest purpose with our service. Because that will send a clear message to the authorities on instructions on how to get anyone's account information and/or access, "just post some bad talk in the forums so they'll be afraid for their profits".

If you really are the real owner and have misplaced your password, we're sorry but there is nothing we can do about it. Please be more careful with your credentials, we do warn about this extensively on the website.

---
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: