Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:40:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do investors think about ICO?  (Read 21355 times)
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:19:37 AM

Dear investor!
I have never invested in any ICO. I saw that most of the token / coin after being list on exchange was depreciated by more than 50%. Are you disappointed or all of that is in your plan ?
Thank you!
Almost all Investors are profit oriented, they don't care about the main focus/objects of the project.
We always look for how to make quick profit and exit to the next available project.  This is more of a reason why most ICO get dumped and depreciate in price when listed on exchange.  It's a race of who dump first.
Presently ICOs don't leave up to their buddings,  much hype but less effect on their project, it's difficult to get ICO that will do well now, it's more of a risk now even when you invest in the ones with good project.

So if you can't take risk don't go near ICOs.

Yes,,, this is the thing about ICOs after 2016. Everybody saw how so many tokens reached x10 or x100 and so ICOs became the new way to earn instant profits. But then bounties came along and so did ERC20s, I made my mistake before also by investing in some of the projects last year. Lost so much but was not angry, just learning lessons is good for me.

I thought I was smart also to buy tokens below ICO price but then look at this bear market haha.

The smart ones earned everything when they were new, and bought in more now when everything is down 90%.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mbok Ajeng

Activity: 127
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:23:09 AM

there are many legit ico and ico who are a scam. we must know about it. the results that we will get it depends on how we choose an ico, if we choose the good ico, then we will also get the good results, as well as the opposite. therefore, we must be smart in understanding ico in order that can get the legit ICO.
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:26:06 AM

Dear investor!
I have never invested in any ICO. I saw that most of the token / coin after being list on exchange was depreciated by more than 50%. Are you disappointed or all of that is in your plan ?
Thank you!
Who needs a frankly bad plan? Each investor has a single goal, this is to multiply the invested. Only a fool will invest a deliberately failed campaign.

Most of the ICO project now are truly scam and not profitable that may cause of loss the money of many ico investors. When the bear market are entered the ICO investors are also starting to decreased because they afraid of losing investment. For now they will keep it hold until the bull run.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:35:01 AM

nobody has ever believed in the future of a "token" which is why ICOs have never been actually successful. they raise a lot of money initially and sometimes give a huge amount of profit because people have been gambling with them for a while now. specially last year during the pumping season a lot of them invested in ICOs as a form of making a bet to try out their luck.

obviously something like that can not go on forever, it will fail at some point. and that is one of the reasons for the initial dump and the price drop that OP has mentioned. the gamblers want to take their money out as fast as possible and make a new bet.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Fedoracoins

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:43:17 AM

Of course it's disappointing. Just imagine you are investing in a project and after entering the exchange the price drops sharply. I think that this is only due to the fact that now the red market. As soon as the stable growth begins then most of the projects when entering the exchange will grow in price.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 02:37:01 PM

I have invested in several ICO projects. And he did not make a profit from any one. I lost more. Actually, it's hard to find a good ICO project now. Therefore, I do not invest anymore.
motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:35:34 PM

Mostly investors of this days especially the newbies sees ICOs as a get rich quick avenue which is the reason why a lit of people tend to be unhappy with marginal profits from their investment returns. However ICOs should represent a strategic investment into a future project that has the potential to do great things.

Tanya12356

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:38:03 PM

From my point of view they are afraid of being scammed most of all now, this possibility of danger is very actual and we have to solve it or to wait for the better time.
Most likely you need to wait for the right time.
Because now there are a lot of mossins.
belal12

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:43:02 PM

Now most of the ICO are scam and many people afraid for investing. You should invest on ico when coin is listed on exchange . The investors always want to get profit, they buy coin at cheaper rate and sell it when price grow up.
diedvw96

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:46:24 PM

I think most of the investors are being very careful because of the bear market, so we don't see as much money flow as before, personally I don't care if a currency lowers the price after being listed on an exchange, because if it is a really good currency, the price always goes up when the project continues to develop.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:53:40 PM

Dear investor!
Thank you!

Honestly, when I started earlier then I used to be confused about the prices of ICO exchanger listing as well as the actual price of ICO. I never understood how it is getting decreased and how it is gonna come back up. I guess that was very frustrating one and hence I never liked it. Today I know very well that it is bounty hunters who are dumping the crypto coins immediately after they get listed over the exchangers and thus making things look like very worst. But now I know very well that one should not be dumping their coins thought rest of the hunters are doing it because after the sometime is passed, the crypto coins start gaining the value and also this value can be more than enough to profit you and thus make your waiting time worth it.
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:54:27 PM

Depends what kind of investor you're talking about, the newbies or the experts.

In the case of the newbies they mostly fall in scams a lot and invest hoping for the best, they are the ones who normally panic sell.

Experts of course spent the time needed to educate themselves and normally jump in with a plan after observing that the ICO is not a scam and that it might be profitable for the future and some of them do it also because of the cause the ICO is supporting.

Depends on the point of view in this case.
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:03:46 PM

It's really very sad. But for the time being ICO projects launched are very beautiful and descriptively describe themselves, and you can not refuse to invest in the project. And in fact everything, the future project is not so good, its token is not valued, there is no future and a concrete idea ...
FastSlots

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:37:33 PM

As an investor, I think this is not the right time to invest in Every good ICO, you have to find the ICO Project for investment. You are almost right, most of the ICO coin drop out 50% after getting listed in exchange. Because of the market conditions. People are in the panic, they don't want to hold new coins anymore that's why they sell ICO as soon as possible. Personally, I suggest you Eloncity and Soar ICO, though the ICO hasn't started yet! Now, why I am suggesting these ICOs? Because Krypital have some big private investors, and every ICO investors got profits from the previous ICOs. And, another Suggestion I can give you, not to invest in any ICO at this moment, go for stable coins like Ethereum, NEO, TRON, ADA, EOS ETC!
FoBoT

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:41:42 PM

Really, this is not the first time the ico market will be in this condition, though most of them after they get listed on the exchange list, they depreciate and the bear market also affects the price of this token but I believe when the market recover fully from the bear and the bull run starts, the price will gradually grow.
ajdaj

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:50:19 PM

Really, this is not the first time the ico market will be in this condition, though most of them after they get listed on the exchange list, they depreciate and the bear market also affects the price of this token but I believe when the market recover fully from the bear and the bull run starts, the price will gradually grow.
if we take for example a few more or less promising projects and see their results during the company's ico and during the listing on the stock exchange, it can be concluded that it is most profitable to buy coins after entering the exchange, since prices fall even lower than the ico price.
jalaaal

Activity: 372

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:07:51 PM

Dear investor!
Thank you!
most of the time, investors are always allowed to sell their token first, this is to avoid the rapid decrease on the price of an altcoin. that's why they can sell their tokens at a higher value, they dont sell their token with bounty hunters.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:17:32 PM

Dear investor!
Thank you!
No investor ever makes a move thinking that he is going to lose money, we are always trying to win which is why you are seeing a decrease in the investment in icos, people are realizing that no matter what they do if they invest in an ico now they're going to lose money, so the only way to win is by not playing, which is the main reason of why the bitcoin dominance is going up so rapidly, so I suggest that you do the same because right now is not the time to invest in icos.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:14:21 PM

Investing in ICO is not a bad idea, it has both its advantage as well as disadvantage. If you invest in ICO, you will have the advantage of trading it early enough on exchange, most especially when it is newly listed.
blue_nexus15

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

█ J A X N E T W O R K █

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:19:18 PM

Dear investor!
Thank you!
most of the time, investors are always allowed to sell their token first, this is to avoid the rapid decrease on the price of an altcoin. that's why they can sell their tokens at a higher value, they dont sell their token with bounty hunters.
ICO investment is still a great way to go along with potential new projects and get great returns from those projects. Although the current cryptocurrency market is very difficult due to investors' psychology fluctuations after a long time market decline, I believe ICO investment will be the driving force for the market to grow again.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: