Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MARKETS.CX - First Litecoin cloud mining platform - buy and sell KHS/LTC  (Read 22295 times)
corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:40:26 PM

Say goodbye to your LTC !
It is impossible that they don't put a temporary home page explaining the situation.
I am happy that yesterday I withdraw all LTC from my account at markets.cx.
"ColmanThompson", what do you have as explanations now ?

is it possible they was hacked and so they deactivated the front end ??
hearnomore

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:42:39 PM

GOXED??? Hopefully not... but an update would really help.
zhulick

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:53:25 PM

according to google, it's 8:45 pm in china now...

the site has been down for about 12 hours (at least) which means the majority of the outage happened throughout the work/business day...

the fact that there is not even a placeholder on the site that says "sorry, down for maintenance". or any other indication that they're actually working on something is just unforgivable from a PR standpoint...

even if this doesn't end up being a scam (seems more and more unlikely with every hour) and the site comes back in full force, i will be hesitant to send any more money there, and would not be able to take it seriously as an investment type of platform...

in other words, and pay attention market.cx people, all it take is one day of silence to have your customers lose confidence in you...   that is of course, if we are still indeed customers and not suckers/victims/bagholders...
wct296

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:03:31 PM

Their crap PR aside.. I have worked in IT long enough to know that sometimes upgrades, especially major upgrades can sometimes go wrong and it can take AGES to fix it.. especially if they didn't plan well, do a test prior and didnt have the ability to fall-back to the working site..  I sincerely hope they have just had more serious technical issues or the database changes are not taking and they will eventually give up and revert back to the old site and try the GHS option again later
corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:06:55 PM

revert back to the old site and try the GHS option again later

sincerely I think that the new GHS option was not a convenient one. We like KHS and I definitively left ghash.io 4 months ago
elektrax

Activity: 141

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:09:39 PM

maybe they discovered that gridseeds get warm when you turn on sha256 lol...
ive heard that they can be shoddily assembled. (sinks not touching chips... etc)

BTC: 1G6Fc3sWL9E9DShfitjQvP2SGXvNLbqzGz | GP: GdTPHPNRV6P49mtW6Bc8kFBvRx4oofx4eX
zhulick

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:10:57 PM

so, what's the "gut feeling" so far - scam, or massive outage ?
wct296

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:20:27 PM

Having been scammed before.. this feels familiar.. but certain things are not
a) Right before the site I got scammed on went AWOL they "upped the ante" and started offering services/prices that were way too good to be true - Markets.cx has not done this
b) The other site didnt take the time and effort to use cloudflare
c) The site has had LOTS of work... way more than the other site I got scammed by.. if it is a scam they invested heavily into it.. far more than I would have
d) They did announce an upgrade prior (not well.. but they did announce it) whereas the other site just turned off

So with that in mind.. I'm thinking its about 50/50...scam vs unforseen tech problems

Personally I'm worried... but I'll give them another 24 hours before I start crying and lose my faith in humanity completely
zhulick

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:23:20 PM

Having been scammed before.. this feels familiar.. but certain things are not
a) Right before the site I got scammed on went AWOL they "upped the ante" and started offering services/prices that were way too good to be true - Markets.cx has not done this
b) The other site didnt take the time and effort to use cloudflare
c) The site has had LOTS of work... way more than the other site I got scammed by.. if it is a scam they invested heavily into it.. far more than I would have
d) They did announce an upgrade prior (not well.. but they did announce it) whereas the other site just turned off

So with that in mind.. I'm thinking its about 50/50...scam vs unforseen tech problems

Personally I'm worried... but I'll give them another 24 hours before I start crying and lose my faith in humanity completely

i am also 50/50 right now...

the one thing that doesn't make it seem like a total scam is the fact that someone from there actually chimed in here and said that they're having problems and working on it etc..

if this was a scam, that step of coming here is just not necessary... there would be nothing to gain from it, since all the money would be already gone poof...

still, though... loooooooong, uncomfortable silence from these guys...
corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:23:57 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 01:37:37 PM by corsaro

today fedex delivered to me some gridseeds that I bought from http://www.aliexpress.com/item/IN-STOCK-Gridseed-litecoin-miner-and-bitcoin-miner-9GH-300k-USB-asic-scrypt-miner-for/1655024170.html .
they are working now at 350 Khs each (800 Mhz)
Probably it is better to have them in your hands rather then virtual ones....

I hope I did not lost few LTC investing then on markets.cx
Most probably it was better to buy more other fisical gridseeds
wct296

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:31:04 PM

did the gridseed come from markets.cx or elsewhere?

A scam site would not be sending out hardware.. they would just delay and delay until D day when they went off..

The other thing that worries me is that their email bounces back... technical problems all around? Seems that they should at least be able to receive emails Sad
corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:38:50 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 02:11:20 PM by corsaro

did the gridseed come from markets.cx or elsewhere?

A scam site would not be sending out hardware.. they would just delay and delay until D day when they went off..

The other thing that worries me is that their email bounces back... technical problems all around? Seems that they should at least be able to receive emails Sad

no, I bought these gridseeds on aliexpress last week and I received them this morning. These gridseeds now in my hands have nothing to do with markets.cx

In the meantime I received them, I had bought too some KHS on markets.cx hoping to make a good business, but now I am very anxious to discover what happened to our LTCs. I hope our virtual gridseeds will come back online soon
cursorcoins

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:42:49 PM

This is really discouraging... Not only did I invest fairly heavily at 0.040, and the price tanked to 0.020... But now, even after they bring the site back up, the price will continue to tank as investor confidence ends up in the shitter...
elektrax

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:48:08 PM

i noticed this:

just before the site went down (when i checked it anyway) the price was a 0.02190
then after cloudflare kicked in, somewhere during a retry http request i must have reached the server a few times because i saw the price rise to 0.022 again

then one time it reached 0.024 (ninja edited from 0.24 to 0.024)

then sometime after that my session timed out and login buttons appeared.

so during the last 12 hours i have reached the site 3-4 times too.

some people was trading after it was gone for me, atleast.
perplexing.

BTC: 1G6Fc3sWL9E9DShfitjQvP2SGXvNLbqzGz | GP: GdTPHPNRV6P49mtW6Bc8kFBvRx4oofx4eX
corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:12:16 PM

i noticed this:

just before the site went down (when i checked it anyway) the price was a 0.02190
then after cloudflare kicked in, somewhere during a retry http request i must have reached the server a few times because i saw the price rise to 0.022 again

perplexing.

are you sure you are not viewing the cached page from cloudflare?
chalidore

Activity: 247

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:13:21 PM

I had a lot of money on there.
I feel sick.
elektrax

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:19:13 PM

i noticed this:

perplexing.

yes it was cached, but the cache seems to have changed a few times. i clicked on Retry for Live page a few times per hour last night to check, and while i never saw anything happen, occasaionally a request must have gotten tough, because the price changed in my cached view.

Flitzpiepe

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:20:17 PM

I feel sick.

Me2  Cry

**HashOcean Cloudmining**:
corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:38:51 PM

i noticed this:

perplexing.

yes it was cached, but the cache seems to have changed a few times. i clicked on Retry for Live page a few times per hour last night to check, and while i never saw anything happen, occasaionally a request must have gotten tough, because the price changed in my cached view.

the cached page I see is very old...  before they added the GHS section and quote is at 0,024

This long silent from web site owners is starting to be a little suspicious...
Jackblack90909

Activity: 552

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:41:01 PM

I feel sick.

Me2  Cry

16,689 khs, hope they come back!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: