Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:35:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Drop in ICO Price after listing  (Read 35609 times)
bestpikka

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:05:45 PM

I also experienced this and until now I still have ICO coins that have no price and of course I can only hope that in the next few months the price of the ICO coins will increase so that it reduces the losses I currently experience.
Exort23

Activity: 131
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:39:51 PM

I invested and joined as bounty hunter in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team members and also good hype but after listing price drops very much. Some of project also not recovering since long time. Any comment.

Yes, i agree to you. When the ICO is listed to some exchange and the price is so good, and when the token is distributed the price will get a big dump, it always happened many times. I don't know why its happening. but i still hold my coins until now....
okeanos

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:56:11 PM

After many ICO from last year people started to learn that it is not the way to earn money.Any ICO needs time for development. At bull season any of the ICO tokens can hit x5 x10 las year, but in this bearish market condition its changed normally it goes down 5x-10x.
Tonstar

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:57:20 PM

I invested and joined as bounty hunter in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team members and also good hype but after listing price drops very much. Some of project also not recovering since long time. Any comment.
it is happening everywhere and you should not worry much about it just have it in mind whem you will plan your budget next time
durudara

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:04:12 PM

yes, you are right, now there are a lot of ICO coins that have no price when the listings in the exchange and of course this are very detrimental to many parties and I see the impact of making a lot of ICO projects lately that it is difficult to gain investor trust. My hope is that next year things like this won't happen again so that Crypto is again trusted and is growing well.
akafcka

Activity: 254

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:08:37 PM

There is nothing unusual in the fact that the coin loses its price after the ICO. Today's market is oversaturated with coins but not investors.
2chase

Activity: 1082
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:25:48 PM

Falling prices after listing while the market is experiencing a large-scale correction after a long bovine trend is a completely natural phenomenon that should be treated calmly, and this is a very good opportunity for someone who wants to buy coins at a cheap price.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:48:11 PM

Lots of people experience this including myself, therefore when the market is not good we should buy coins when already listing in exchange. Isn't that a good idea?

Yes, it really happens but we cannot control that because their are times may happen because of the status in the market it brings pros and cons at all in every situations may happen. The exchange is better because their is a opportunity in earning at all.
De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:59:30 PM

This was one of the reasons for the distrust of the ICO, why invest if you can invest more profitably later ...
Jack_Sin

Activity: 548
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:01:14 PM

In general, I have a token from the bounty that has a rate below ICO after listing on the exchange, from my analysis the ICO has good potential and I keep holding until the platform is launched or at least when the rate has peaked
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:49:00 AM

4 Factors that affect the price of the token down after entering the exchanger are:
1. Early investors take short-term profits "usually they get big discounts so they sell at non-discounted prices".

2. The downturn in the cryptocurrency market can also make investors panic and sell their tokens at low prices

3. The team could not achieve a plan that had been promised while still ICO "for example they were targeting the Binance, Huobi, Okex market. But when the first listing was actually entered IDEX and ForkDelta"

4. Teams unable to establish good communication with investors / cannot convince investors "usually there are ICO projects that are finished but rarely update as if they are lost and that can make investors panicked and sell their tokens".

Well said, for additional in my own perception... dropping in ICO price after listing is all because of the product, because the product is not existed yet or just a crap of application.

Also, those bounty hunters drop it too, they need a real money than the crypto for their hard work.
don't just blame this also because of the rewards to hunters. they received only a few percents of the number of coins that exist and it is a small thing to change overall rating even though it could also have an impact. most noticeably is because it is the condition of being crypto on stages and this has a huge impact on the conditions for this year's crypto even included new projects coming up.
Agree. Payments for bounty hunter are only 2% of the total token. And not all bounty hunters sell their tokens. Most bounty hunters still hold their tokens. This doesn't have too much effect. Investors who have lots of tokens are those who have a big impact if they dump their tokens
darefreads

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:20:25 AM

In my third participated ICO last year they just listed their currency in the market with a higher  price instead of their target price that's why it gives me a better earnings and all other ICO's that I participated didn't reached their target price. And it kinda hard to think that this year is really not a good year for any launched currency because of the current situation of the market which can really affect their launching currency in this year.
bdc2343

Activity: 296

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:32:19 AM

This was one of the reasons for the distrust of the ICO, why invest if you can invest more profitably later ...

In my opinion, this is necessary for the ICO, through the information I see it is more than 70% fraudulent. Do you think you will benefit greatly from the phony spoof? I think a little bit, not much or much more, take the small but certainly no benefit Grin.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:28:43 PM

After many ICO from last year people started to learn that it is not the way to earn money.Any ICO needs time for development. At bull season any of the ICO tokens can hit x5 x10 las year, but in this bearish market condition its changed normally it goes down 5x-10x.
Yes, of course you are right, but in spite of bears, many projects today have collected very good capitalizations for projects, so I see that, in general, it’s not at all so important what time you are doing today.
Prettymie

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:32:58 PM

We can't guarantee that the price will remain at the ICO price once it hit the exchanges as this will depends on those investors who wants to buy those token. In a bearish market expect a worse price as those investors will not want to buy token with no demand.
jaywizzy

Activity: 510
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 02:50:40 PM

This is how it happens most of the time and the are base on the following reasons, those investors with that have purchased before the ICO so they have huge amount of token including the bonus they have received so when sell below ICO price when they are listed on exchange, they ara still on profit side and those that have participated in airdrop and bounty campaign they don't mind selling their token any amount because they didn't use their money to buy it.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:11:07 PM

We can't guarantee that the price will remain at the ICO price once it hit the exchanges as this will depends on those investors who wants to buy those token. In a bearish market expect a worse price as those investors will not want to buy token with no demand.
There is no sensation in this, because prices in general fall always after it is added to the exchanges. I think that only in a growing market prices can have growth. Those prices that are falling today, they really fall only because of the falling market.
capableuwa1
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:41:57 PM

I think this is the current trend and it is widespread in 2018 ICO marketplace that once ICO's ends, there is high tendency that price must drop below ICO's value. I think this is as a result of those private investors who buy those tokens cheap with plenty of bonuses attached to it. So they don't see it as a mistake to sell off almost immediately and move over to the next ICO and do same. In addition, 2018 Cryptocurrency market haven't been favourable to a lot of projects and the truth is some projects still are not worth investing into... All this are factors that affects prices I think.
Ilmiyati

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:46:14 PM

That's because there are many investors who no longer believe in the development of ICO and crypto currency, they only want fast profits, with many ICO scams, that certainly makes investors rethink to become long-term holders.
timberfox

Activity: 162
Merit: 11

^_^10 years BCT^_^

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 11:55:07 PM

The price is dropping after listing almost always. Because investors want a quick profit.
And they are selling immediately after entering the stock exchange. Don't forget about bounty hunters. They also sell their tokens at once often.
This all greatly influences the price. It seems to me that only very strong projects do not lose their price after listing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: