Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:17:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Drop in ICO Price after listing  (Read 35609 times)
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:31:05 AM

That is effect of bear market, hype has little effect on price in this bear market, good team also won't influence the price, what is needed is moving out this chronic bear market.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
bdc2343

Activity: 296
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:53:36 AM

Many ICO projects experience things like this after listing in one of the exchange prices immediately falls, I think the number of people holding these coins are bounty hunters. It is impossible for investors to sell it directly without seeing the initial price.

Why don't we think we were involved in a fraudulent project or could we say fake? Because I think it is too absurd on a trustworthy project of many people who believe in it, I think it is best to withdraw if you can, is the best  Embarrassed

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
GGmith

Activity: 394
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 11:35:47 AM

this is common in the market. when a token has entered the market does not have an equivalent value for the price of ico. but there are also some that have more value when on the market. I think this is common in the crypto world. besides that in my opinion in 2018 this is not the year for ico and many projects fail.
jackflag

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 11:50:07 AM

It's all about the market trend, no one wants to keep their coins and wait for them to fall in price, investors are investing to increase them and not vice versa.
Mr.Noda

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 12:58:15 PM

As far as I know now, many projects do not specifically list tokens so that they do not lower the price. Many projects have frozen their work until better times.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MEGABSC ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
paxswerr

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 01:07:08 PM

Dropping after listing is something you can't avoid. Man, don't be so pessimistic about short term prices.
We should think about long term, because we are investors!
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 01:27:26 PM

I think this is reasonable, and the biggest factor that makes drop prices is from bounty and airdrops, as we know that usually ICOs also give bounties to anyone who supports the ICO so that when they are available in the market they sell immediately.
nianastasia62

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 01:41:43 PM

I think that if the project has a great marketing ploy the price will be stable. I wonder if you've ever seen that the development team itself bought their coins to maintain the rate of coins ?

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
StatesManG
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 01:43:49 PM

I really don't understand the concept they use while listing.  It's very disturbing and unacceptable why they should take such decisions on listing below its ico price

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ

Activity: 770
Merit: 9

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 02:06:08 PM

I invested and joined as bounty hunter in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team members and also good hype but after listing price drops very much. Some of project also not recovering since long time. Any comment.

People who put on ICOs are taking advantage of the fact that common people have been yield starved for so many generations, people just want to believe - so they believe the hype.

Very few people around can handle a sudden influx of millions of dollars pouring in from an ICO offering.  The founders must get punch drunk and lose focus quite a bit - it's only human.  Of course, then there are the outright scammers.

There needs to be structure in the crypto markets.  Because govs and corps do not want to compete with cryptos, they allow the scammers to run free and steal millions.  This is good in the eyes of the govs and corps because it destroys sentiment in the crypto markets and that's just fine with them.

Sadly, I think we are early in the paradigm shift to electronic money and it will be a while before stability finds it's way to the space.

Scamming ICOs won't stop the eventual rise of cryptos - they are just helping postpone the day the masses wake up.

BEP-20  0x10f3Eb215Ee55f1B92c89420498aB832c53caBB9
ERC-20  0xFE4047353129ce0747632db8aFcfC2584391D824
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 02:14:05 PM

I think that if the project has a great marketing ploy the price will be stable. I wonder if you've ever seen that the development team itself bought their coins to maintain the rate of coins ?
I do not know of such examples. And I think that everything does not depend on what the team will do, but on which understanding the community will have.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
prororo
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

SIGMA

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 02:42:58 PM

be patient, this is because  market effects that have a long bearish period for year, all altcoins including ico will also experience the effect of hard dump from real price, but if you keep hold  your coin and the project is still running I think you will get profit later.

De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 03:01:04 PM

I think this is part of the criminal ICO strategy, which thus deceives primary and secondary investors.
safem

Activity: 454

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2018, 03:04:04 PM

This particular experience is actually a common phenomenon in most ICO projects after listing . I can imagine how painful it is usually for as many of us who invest in coins of some particular ICO projects with huge amount of money but after listing the coins, to make profit becomes a struggle. In my own view, the drop in coin value below its ICO price is as a result of activities of dumpers who don't seem to consider price value of coins before selling just because they needed money hastily. Also, price value of coins may drop after listing if the coin is not listed on a good exchange where investors can easily access and trade.

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 03:04:52 PM

I invested and joined as bounty hunter in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team members and also good hype but after listing price drops very much. Some of project also not recovering since long time. Any comment.

Not all projects are being revived. Do not watch this every day. Too many smartcoins are stored in our wallets. This is true. If the coin has no value. You should not rush to sell it.
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 03:33:38 PM

This particular experience is actually a common phenomenon in most ICO projects after listing . I can imagine how painful it is usually for as many of us who invest in coins of some particular ICO projects with huge amount of money but after listing the coins, to make profit becomes a struggle. In my own view, the drop in coin value below its ICO price is as a result of activities of dumpers who don't seem to consider price value of coins before selling just because they needed money hastily. Also, price value of coins may drop after listing if the coin is not listed on a good exchange where investors can easily access and trade.

You are right. Now I watched one project. We went to the exchange. They promise 2-3 more. But dump trucks threw 6 million tokens for a penny, bringing down the entire coin. And the chances of recovery.

fakmee

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 03:41:17 PM

it seems that it is a very reasonable condition to occur this year, almost all ICOs registered this year all experienced very large price declines. and this year is a year to survive for investors
wall101

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:29:25 PM

It sucks to lose money, I understand, but take this as a lesson learned. You should not invest in ICOs, they are blatant scams. ICOs are get rich quick schemes for the "founders". They are not designed to make you money, they are designed to make them money. A lot of these ICOs that have good concepts are very fundamentally technically flawed in their design. A lot of ICO investors aren't very familiar with how Blockchains actually work, so they get duped by these promises that the ICO's make. The ICO's can almost never deliver on their promises. I mean look at EOS, it sounded like the best thing in the world before the mainnet went live, and look at the dumpster fire it is now. ICO's are only meant to make the founders money.

Maybe lot of your ico was get scammed like you'll said but I already earned lot of ico and now we are facing bull run that lot of tokens get dumo after listing in the market.
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 06:24:16 PM

A great strategy at the moment is to buy some great tokens after their first exchange listing. Because bounty hunters are dumping the coin price to get at least something on this market and it creates a good chance to buy new alts.
This is really very profitable and indeed it usually happens that hunters simply do not understand the potential, but not all of course, and they sell tokens for cheap prices. But I think that you can turn the situation around.
fathur01

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:59:58 PM

I watched the whole year how any ICO after completion trades its tokens on the exchange at a price lower than they sold at the time of the ICO. Hence the conclusion, you should not invest in the project, even if you like it, at the time of the ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: