Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:00:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Brian123321's Sports Betting Picks | All Sports | Full Tracking Inside  (Read 25734 times)
brian123321 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:21:56 AM

Well, you are posting your picks before the games start, so that right there puts you ahead of a bunch of other touts on this board.

Do you play your own picks?

Yes my own plays. And yes im sorry about the late post.  I got tied up chatting with someone and lost track of time.  I usually try to get them out at least 15min before tipoff.  I know no one would be able to grab the fordham play im sorry about that.  I had written down the wrong spread when i emailed my picks to myself earlier today.  So when i looked at the line a couple min ago i thought it had moved so it was not a play but it looked funny so i went back and capped it again and realized the mistake i had made.

No, sorry, I asked if you PLAY your own picks.

yes, i answered that with a yes.

Cool, got any betslips we can check out?

ill link a screen shot.  What is the deal though? you dont think i play the picks i post? whether i play the picks or not does it matter when im running over 60%?

Tips: 1PyqHAuUU54Bk53XFwGoYAGciovHtL7CEL
brian123321 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:24:04 AM

http://imgur.com/J4opVjX

thats todays picks all locked in on bitbook.  You can some of yesterdays wagers also.  Dont know why i need to provide proof?

FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:29:08 AM

thats todays picks all locked in on bitbook.  You can some of yesterdays wagers also.  Dont know why i need to provide proof?

You don't need to do anything, I'm just curious.

Many touts on here have a history of past-posting and not betting their picks.  I found it amusing that you insulted the one person on here who actually posts his picks and posts betslips of his picks hours before the games start while not doing the same.

Therapy101

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:35:46 AM

I'm following you tonight. Let's see how this goes.

I would highly suggest not jumping off board after one day if it happens to be a losing day.  If it does happen to be a losing day it would be the first in a long time but i will finish the week positive so dont bet an outrageous % of your total bankroll bc there is always tomorrow and i should finish ahead.

Remember the main thing to sports betting is proper bankroll management.  I usually bet 2% of my bankroll per bet.

Do you just bet one unit per pick?
brian123321 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:51:50 AM

You don't need to do anything, I'm just curious.

Many touts on here have a history of past-posting and not betting their picks.  I found it amusing that you insulted the one person on here who actually posts his picks and posts betslips of his picks hours before the games start while not doing the same.

I have not insulted anyone in this forum.  I have not posted in anyone elses thread.

brian123321 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:55:15 AM

I'm following you tonight. Let's see how this goes.

I would highly suggest not jumping off board after one day if it happens to be a losing day.  If it does happen to be a losing day it would be the first in a long time but i will finish the week positive so dont bet an outrageous % of your total bankroll bc there is always tomorrow and i should finish ahead.

Remember the main thing to sports betting is proper bankroll management.  I usually bet 2% of my bankroll per bet.

Do you just bet one unit per pick?

yes.

FUR11

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:57:25 AM

I have not insulted anyone in this forum. 

Oh?

I like the fact that you are picking against the spread.
Good Luck!

I always make spread picks in basketball in football.  People who pick ML dont know what they are doing (only reason anyone would bet a ML) and are giving up a ton of value.

I don't have a dog in the fight, you both are on some pretty square plays, like I said I was just curious.

zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:59:51 AM

Oh?

Good Luck!

I always make spread picks in basketball in football.  People who pick ML dont know what they are doing (only reason anyone would bet a ML) and are giving up a ton of value.

I don't have a dog in the fight, you both are on some pretty square plays, like I said I was just curious.

Obvious troll is obvious.
brian123321 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:05:27 AM

Oh?

Good Luck!

Yes that is something i generally believe.  Betting MLs is giving up a ton of value especially betting money line favorites.  I assume you are talking about the guy who bets MLs as well as a parlay with all the MLs he plays that day.  Its fine if it works for him and the few pages i skimmed through did look like he was doing reasonably well although i dont have the time to go back and check to see his what his unit numbers are.

I am in no way attacking him.  Its just what i believe in.  Upsets are bound to occur and they happen more often then people tend to think.  It only take a couple of them to wipe out a weeks/months/seasons worth of profit and that is why i do not mess with them.

I also do not mess with parlays because the odds you get are not the odds you deserve and the risk is not worth the reward.

I view betting no different than stocks.  Its an investment.  Its a long term investment and if you are good at it you can get a decent/good return on your investment.

FUR11

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:12:00 AM

Oh?

Good Luck!

Yes that is something i generally believe.  Betting MLs is giving up a ton of value especially betting money line favorites.  I assume you are talking about the guy who bets MLs as well as a parlay with all the MLs he plays that day.  Its fine if it works for him and the few pages i skimmed through did look like he was doing reasonably well although i dont have the time to go back and check to see his what his unit numbers are.

I am in no way attacking him.  Its just what i believe in.  Upsets are bound to occur and they happen more often then people tend to think.  It only take a couple of them to wipe out a weeks/months/seasons worth of profit and that is why i do not mess with them.

I also do not mess with parlays because the odds you get are not the odds you deserve and the risk is not worth the reward.

I view betting no different than stocks.  Its an investment.  Its a long term investment and if you are good at it you can get a decent/good return on your investment.

I never said "attack", I said "insulted".  As I mentioned, though...I don't care, honestly I think it's funny.  I just wondered why you would insult someone and then be less transparent then they are.

You do seem to have an antiquated view on parlays, though.  Most online books offer true parlay odds, but the odds are what you deserve.  The problem is, parlays increase your variance.  That's the downside to them, although with a lot of books capping your action, parlays are a good way of circumventing that.

brian123321 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:21:51 AM

So this is weird . . . a little background first.

I wrote a program that use to calculate my spreads that uses a .csv file that i update everyday.  I did this because it got very tedious doing the capping by hand every single day.

I put the fordham game into the program again and it was indeed a no play and i had emailed myself the correct spread.  When i had done it by hand i got a whole different number (maybe bc i was rushing through it going to go back and do it by hand again and see.)  Either i have a bug in my program or the numbers i have uploaded into the program right now or not correct.  I checked the csv and i have the correct date csv so this is a little scary.

Either way i posted the game so im leaving it on

brian123321 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:24:25 AM

So this is weird . . . a little background first.

I wrote a program that use to calculate my spreads that uses a .csv file that i update everyday.  I did this because it got very tedious doing the capping by hand every single day.

I put the fordham game into the program again and it was indeed a no play and i had emailed myself the correct spread.  When i had done it by hand i got a whole different number (maybe bc i was rushing through it going to go back and do it by hand again and see.)  Either i have a bug in my program or the numbers i have uploaded into the program right now or not correct.  I checked the csv and i have the correct date csv so this is a little scary.

Either way i posted the game so im leaving it on

Actually got to the bottom of that fairly quickly.  Opened up my google doc spreadsheet and luckily it had all the numbers in there already from earlier.  I noticed that one of the numbers was duplicated for both teams and that is the reason for the difference. So rest of the picks are safe.  The duplication was my error when rushing through it by hand.

brian123321 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:26:29 AM

These are safe to play now

8pm est

Colorado +9
Purdue +13
West Virginia +8.5

These are all safe to put in now.

Good luck to anyone who tails hopefully we will have a profitable play without the fordham play.  Again sorry about that.

just reposting this so its easy to find.

zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:43:40 AM

tailin' tonight. hoping for some luck Wink
brian123321 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:49:07 AM

tailin' tonight. hoping for some luck Wink

good luck, hope you got on the st francis pick at 6pm est. also.

brian123321 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:09:22 AM

So luckily my mistake didnt lose anyone any money except me.

Fordham did not cover (but it should not have been a play, i made a mistake you can read about it a few replies up and luckily i posted it right as the game kicked off so no one should have been able to make that play).  Ill keep it in the stats though since i posted it here.

St Francis most likely is going to cover and the 8pm games have kicked off.  Lets sweep the board (not counting the fordham miss hap that should have only affected me).

Good luck everyone im off to the gym.

quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 03:22:09 AM

Looking forward to your picks thanks for posting here. I followed a couple bum touts on this board lately. Bitcappers and abitbetter. One ran away with the money after their picks started sucking and the other just posts picks after the fact.  Historically you think you can hit 60 percent steadily?

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
brian123321 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:53:12 AM

Looking forward to your picks thanks for posting here. I followed a couple bum touts on this board lately. Bitcappers and abitbetter. One ran away with the money after their picks started sucking and the other just posts picks after the fact.  Historically you think you can hit 60 percent steadily?

Hitting 60% for a season in any sport is absolutely amazing.  That is something that shouldnt be expected.  That being said college basketball i think i would have a good chance to stay above 60% for an entire season.  I couldnt say that about the rest.  I am hoping ill run between 55-60% in MLB, NFL and NCAAF.  College basketball is usually my best sport and i think i should be able to stay above 60% most years.

Also there is a huge difference between touts and me.  I am not asking for money for my plays.  I am simply posting the plays that i make and in return if i make people some money over the course of a week, month, season etc those people may feel like tipping me for my plays.  Its not required to tip it just shows appreciation.

A tout throws out picks (may not play them, maybe he does?) and collects money whether he wins or losses.  I play my picks so when anyone who tails me losses i also lose.  If i lose people are going to want to tip me which is justified.  I go through the same pain unlike a tout who is getting paid no matter what.

If people prefer i post a screen shot of my plays as proof im making the plays i will do so.

brian123321 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:10:09 AM

ok people some fun news that i just got hit with . . . .

the site where i keep my spread sheet (sbrforum) has banned my account over the past few hours for "holding multiple accounts from the same household"

So i can no longer log in to edit the spreed sheet.  Luckily i was able to view the spreadsheet and have captured screen shots of it.  I will be creating a google document spread sheet and ill transfer all the information over to it and make it public and paste the link in this thread.  So i will not be able to update the spread sheet here on out. 

Odd thing is i never used the multiple accounts for any sort of collusion whatsoever and never tried to hide the fact i had two accounts.  Nevertheless rules are rules i guess and i broke them.

Ill update this thread later tonight with the spread sheet link.

brian123321 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:13:41 AM

and an update on todays games:

went 3-2 but . . . . . .

Since i posted the fordham game right after tipoff (luckily since it should have not been a play) . . . .

Anyone who followed went 3-1 on the day

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: