Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:00:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake ico and bounty  (Read 4265 times)
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:53:26 AM

Pls what are the best way to detect fake ico and fake project... We can't continue working to promote them and later discovered that it is bounch of fake... We really need tools to detect fake ico

Unfortunately, there is no 100% correct way to determine fraudulent ICO.
You need to pay attention to the White Paper, to the project team, to their goals, and so on. If something scares you, then it is better not to participate in this ICO.
Skortish

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 09:56:30 AM

read more about the project going through its whitepaper, getting to know its project team and finding out about them would also help. checking out website rating of the project from a well known rating site would go a long way.
Igopraise

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 09:59:44 AM

there is no specific way in knowing a fake ICO because what works for one might not work for the other. but then you can as well help yourself by doing some little task by getting to know more about the project team, study the project and its development, getting to know about its rating on a genuine rating site, these could help reduce being engaged in a fake ICO.
Halinsely

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:01:25 AM

Many such projects are now created. There is a deception in the cryptoforeign exchange markets more and more. I recommend to choose projects more carefully.

TpoJIb

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:02:32 AM

Yes, now fraudsters have already learned how to make projects that look no worse than real ones.

erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:05:55 AM

It seems to me that the best way to detect fake ico is to communicate with the team. If the project team is not active or can not answer questions on the technical part of the project - it's definitely scam.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:09:08 AM

I agree that we need tools to identify scam ico. The current that checked my twitter account and found that a lot of projects were fakes and just occupied a place on my list. Then removing them took a lot of time which is not convenient and long. To participate in prospective bounty campaigne, I need to know responsible bounty managers and bounty sites with a good reputation.
viananda2525

Activity: 1097
Merit: 129

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:09:55 AM

It seems to me that the best way to detect fake ico is to communicate with the team. If the project team is not active or can not answer questions on the technical part of the project - it's definitely scam.
many thinks to research about detecting fake ico.maybe that is one of many ways and the simplest to do.and always to ask their smart contract if they using ethereum platform.

jimmyd178

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:21:43 AM

Pls what are the best way to detect fake ico and fake project... We can't continue working to promote them and later discovered that it is bounch of fake... We really need tools to detect fake ico
The best way to detect fake ICOs is to study their team, business model and whitepaper in other to find inconsistencies, copied or plagiarized materials. Find out ICOs their team members must have participated before. All this information will give you the needed edge to make an inform decision. Mfchain is one project i see worthy of investment. It's still your due diligence.
Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:25:12 AM

You can visit site of the project and look at partners, advisors and investors sections; if they have respectful persons and companies in this sections, it is likely not scam. You may also write to these people or companies to make sure if they are really connected with this project or this is a fake.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

It is hard to say in beginning that project will pay to bounty hunters or not.

There is project which is currently on coinmarketcap but they did not paid to bounty hunters and Blaim that their bounty manager make fake accounts and claim that 95% accounts were created by bounty manager.

So we can consider it scam because if they detect 95% accounts scam then why did not they paid to remaining 5%.

So it is hard to say anything
Suwycu

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:34:57 AM

Honestly, to find such an ICO and a fake project there are no definite instructions, because fraudsters are constantly up to date and they also regularly modify their tricks!  You just need to try to be more attentive to details, and maybe find something!

█ ▌   FABA  |  https://vc.fabainvest.com/   ▐ █   ICO-sale has started⚫══ POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING ══⚫
mayasari

Activity: 193

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:38:49 AM

You have to try, bounty in Bountrust, there are a lot of legit Bounty there, you can join the Bountrust channel telegram here: https://t.me/bounTrust

━━▐|     LASER    |▌━━     BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS     ━━▐|     LASER    |▌━━
A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
Medium      Twitter      Reddit      ■■      WHITEPAPER      ■■      Telegram      Facebook      Instagram
Yshakov.v

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:43:15 AM

I think now there are some projects related to this. Do not trust them completely. Better try yourself.
hugasinora

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:05:10 AM

I think for the time being we will find it difficult to detect ICOs and scam projects because there is no specific application to know that, there are only a few theories that explain about it and I don't think it is proven to the fullest, so I think we make it as an experience and never give up on such circumstances
konomi

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:12:52 AM

Although there are a lot of experienced people now telling us how to avoid scam bounty, there are still many people who will be deceived, because there are so many scams now, almost 80% of the projects are scams.

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:26:53 AM

That's one of the problems nowadays because there are so many ICOs that are just scam by nature. Investors are one of the affected entities in fake ICOs because they invest money. Unlike bounty hunters, it's only time and effort are just wasted.

EmmanCryp

Activity: 471

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:32:41 AM

A tool for detecting scam may not be really effective but there are many online resources out there that can serve as good guide to detect scam ICOs. Sometimes it requires extra intelligent work because some scam icos are being designed perfectly to look like the real deal and catch investors unawares.

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Bren Briones

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 11:34:11 AM

The mere problem about tracing an ICO project whether it is legit or  just a scam is that it is very hard to find out at first. To know whether an ICO project is a scam, you have to dig deeper. I think we can do it reversely and looking at it in the other side by asking what does a legit ICO project have and if the ICO project doesn't have it then that is the time you should be alarmed.

stevanGR

Activity: 310

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:38:29 AM

the best way make sure that the project has beta product. it can prove that they are serious to develop their project
then you can join it and not get scammed anymore

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: