Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:12:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake ico and bounty  (Read 4265 times)
laiya94
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:36:15 PM

Yes, nowadays so many scam ICO projects are introducing just for money raising. So as bounty hunters we have to choose which projects we will gonna work for carefull so my suggestion is read the whitepaper carefully and look at the ICO team members past then proceed with what you choose. Good luck 🤞

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███   White Paper  [  JOIN our ICO  ]  ANN Thread   ███|
Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Github  |  Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jianx

Activity: 630
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:36:41 PM

Well now there have been too many ico projects so we have a hard time differentiating real and scam projects, especially now that from the project concept and roadmap all have their own advantages which are not very interesting, even many scam projects that listing on the icolist with good ratting
ekateriinae

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Try as hard as you can!

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:41:18 PM

Before jumping to invest the ICOs. You need to know several thing about their project. No need to rush in buying or joined their bounties. Icos scam are hard to detect this day as they intend to use a fake team pictures and a fake tokens sold at their website to make it look very successful ICO. Make your research about the project. Study about them.
oOVVVVVVVOo

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:47:28 PM

Pls what are the best way to detect fake ico and fake project... We can't continue working to promote them and later discovered that it is bounch of fake... We really need tools to detect fake ico
Fake ICo, fake bounty, fake coin, fake news, fake ... here is such an environment it's time to understand it. And do not whine. Or pass by
masterfu678

Activity: 280

www.becent.com

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:11:18 PM

Fake bounties are harder to trace, since tokens are send lately before the ICO end. Bounty participants are not protected from fraud and it is almost imposible to define fake bounty while it is active. Unfortunately, we all need to check the project twice and even such measures may not help.

Bim abk

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:17:16 PM

I think it's quite difficult to find or make a tool to detect, maybe this problem can be solved from some people who can analyze ico. and I think the reference for you if you can't find ico that is not scam just try reading on the web or articles about ico analysis. especially the web that has more confidence
Kelvinovie2

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:17:36 PM

This is really difficult to find out I must say, but personally for me, I disliked those self drop, ico campaign, they are mostly shit coins, but getting a good project to work with it's all about doing your own research, so if you fill comfortable about your findings then you good to go, my opinion anyway.
Onestepinhell

Merit: 100

Good Morning

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 06:19:08 PM

Pls what are the best way to detect fake ico and fake project... We can't continue working to promote them and later discovered that it is bounch of fake... We really need tools to detect fake ico
there are a lot of fake icos and bounties but i think that upu will be able to find something great and useful in the cruptocurrency wolrd

Sidera | Blockchain Technologies
Decentralized Wearable Devices WEARING THE FUTURE
➜ TELEGRAM ➜ FACEBOOK ➜ TWITTER ➜ REDDIT ➜ LINKEDIN
Onestepinhell

Good Morning

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 06:20:07 PM

This is really difficult to find out I must say, but personally for me, I disliked those self drop, ico campaign, they are mostly shit coins, but getting a good project to work with it's all about doing your own research, so if you fill comfortable about your findings then you good to go, my opinion anyway.
there are a lot of different projects and i believe that if you will look for attentively you will stuck into the greatt thing so do not give up

Sidera | Blockchain Technologies
Decentralized Wearable Devices WEARING THE FUTURE
➜ TELEGRAM ➜ FACEBOOK ➜ TWITTER ➜ REDDIT ➜ LINKEDIN
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:25:56 AM

I have never heard about the tools that would help to avoid fraudulent ICO.But there are already platforms that are ready to guarantee all investors the safety of their funds in case of not fulfilling the conditions of the team that conducts the ICO.This platform is called W12.Maybe with the help of such platforms there will be more investors.Bounty participants to more carefully select projects they are promoting.It is better to spend 1 day searching for a good bounty than to take part in 10 useless bounties.Recently, everyone pays attention to quality and not quantity.
While the idea of such a project is not bad at the same time that is not going to solve at all the problem with scam icos, after all why a scammer is going to try to become part of that platform when most icos do not do that, besides in this market people are not really friendly towards centralization, so even if that were to solve the problem many people are not going to like the idea of just one company having all the control over the icos because that can lead to corruption.
With these kind of arrangement or system then Corruption would really be on high chances but i agree on what you do said that not all would really be friendly towards centralization.
Im not really trying to use up my mind too much on thinking on how to solve this global or entire market problem when it comes to Fake Ico.
To me the best solution is that each person realizes their own investigation about the coins in which they want to invest and if they find something suspicious they can post their results in the forum, this is something that is already happening since there are now many people looking at scam icos and are revealing their results and as you may guess the results are not pretty, with most of the coins investigated being a scam of some type which is the reason I am no longer looking to invest in icos.
thenameisjay

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:49:02 AM

I don't have a tool to do this but I use my common sense. I usually just read the white paper and if it's too good to be true, then it's a pass. If the campaign manager is unknown and doesn't have an organized spreadsheet showing your rewards, automatically I pass.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
labuan

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:51:58 AM

I agree with your opinion, because in this year many of ICO are scam, that's why many people not believe in cryptocurrency and nor invest their money to cryptocurrency. I think bitcointalk can make some detector for us to know the scam ico.
clarkgeneral86

Activity: 1043
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:58:58 AM

I've also encountered situations like yours that are very sophisticated scam ICOS projects. These fake team joins and the link of the experts this situation continues to be a bad thing for Bounty and Investors. How can these projects survive on this forum that i do not understand?
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:04:59 PM

I don't have a tool to do this but I use my common sense. I usually just read the white paper and if it's too good to be true, then it's a pass. If the campaign manager is unknown and doesn't have an organized spreadsheet showing your rewards, automatically I pass.
This should be the general reaction of everyone but it seems people are desperate to get some coins as bounty hunters and this means they will accept almost any condition put forward by the campaign managers and they are willing to participate in some of the most obvious scams, unfortunately for them they are only going to waste their time if they do this and they are going to be even more disappointed with bounty campaigns but that happens if you do not do your own research about the project.
kjn311

Activity: 319

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:39:26 PM

Fake teams visit fake meetings, so just look for the activity. Once I came across a hakaton in hall that had never existed in London. It saved my money that day.
Fedots83

Merit: 103

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:42:58 PM

Teams is best hint you can have. Look for members, try to contact them, make sure that profiles are true and there is no need for you to worry about it.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:43:33 PM

I usually try to look for the team as much as I could. Usually you can find a loophole in the team's description like when the accounts were created, what are their past experiences etc. Also, you can look for their contract address to see how may tx are happening to give you a rough idea. With so many fake ICO it has become pretty difficult to find a legit bounty/ICO nowadays.
Astermony

Activity: 373

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:04:05 PM

We are freaking out in determining the fake ICO, but I will not include bounty, only ICO and like they said no tools or software that will lead us to a safe ICO, it is our own self can solve the problem.
Gurjasmeet
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:22:28 PM

I think it is not easy to judgement fake ico's. Whenever there is fluid of ico's in the market. but everyone ico launch with the whitepaper. So we should reading about an icon deeply & performance in market.
Boysisig207608

Activity: 230

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:32:25 PM

Yes I totally agree on this matter that there are really many fake ico and fake bounties out there and it is really scare if you had invested your money in this fraud ICO because for sure you will never get back your investment from this kind of ICO so always investigate first in joining ICOs and make sure that theres no member of the development team that are involved in developing fraud ICOs so you can avoid as early as you can.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: