Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:46:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake ico and bounty  (Read 4265 times)
trananh1996

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:04:26 PM

I do not know how we can recognize fake ico and bounty. It is too difficult . You must carefully check the project information and collate them with the ICO review pages
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
room237

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:12:12 PM

Pls what are the best way to detect fake ico and fake project... We can't continue working to promote them and later discovered that it is bounch of fake... We really need tools to detect fake ico

I agree I'm a starving bounty hunter due to all the scams and not getting paid out on any of my work.  I hope things change real quick or I'm going to have to get a real job soon.  Sucks to lose a way of earning outside of the system. 
InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:23:07 PM

I think one of the main markers on the definition of fake ICO is the study of the team, as a rule if the team is real and passed KYC the chances of being deceived are reduced!
Upercusa

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 05:19:48 PM

There is no universal way, you can use independent project ratings
ekowkow

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

JUST HODL !

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:41:46 PM

At present there are many fake bounty and ico programs, so we have to be more careful and also have to be smarter in choosing projects.
A lot of consideration is needed to determine it, and also a very influential experience.
lafter

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 07:21:58 PM

There are no tools to detect fake ico or bounty scam. So choose the project carefully. Be involved in projects of reputable bounty managers, limit your participation in projects with bitcointalk account rank newbie. You should also look at the website, roadmap and ico rating pages to see reviews on the project to ensure potential projects to participate.
bananaunana

Activity: 321
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:24:50 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 01:53:14 AM by bananaunana

Pls what are the best way to detect fake ico and fake project... We can't continue working to promote them and later discovered that it is bounch of fake... We really need tools to detect fake ico
Best way is to verify team members on linkedin or look in Google if it is real. Some people use fake team members only to collect ICO money and vanish when ICO is over.

And in addition you find a board called Scam Accusation here in Bitcointalk where some of the Scams are listed and called out. This can be helpful to check: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
juanda

Activity: 756
Merit: 111

cro.baby

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:28:05 PM

So far, I don't know more clearly how to get to know a fake ICO project or I don't know clearly to distinguish between an original ICO and a fake ICO, let alone about detecting a device.
all this time I only saw the roadmap and the managing team.

christofyler

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:38:28 PM

There is no tools to detect fake ICO.... We just need to be careful you need to go through their whitepaper read them careful in other to know what the project is all about.... Sometimes not all ICO are fake some of them don't reach softcap so they have to return investors money and bounty hunters will end up with nothing.... The main thing is to make little research before joining any ICO.
juanda

Activity: 756
Merit: 111

cro.baby

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:40:04 PM

I do not know how we can recognize fake ico and bounty. It is too difficult . You must carefully check the project information and collate them with the ICO review pages
In my opinion, because on the basis of caution, this post was made as a basis for knowing it. Because in my opinion, whether true or not, this thread was created because he knew that many experienced to know the original and fake ICOs.

Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 07:43:33 PM

I find it painful when I take part in a fake bounty, because I wonder how on earth can you create a bounty for a fake project when you know the task are done every day hoping to receive their rewards once it end. And the worst thing dey normally did is find those strictly rules for the bounty, about the ico I think one has to be more careful cause you barely noticed that they were fakes.

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
Emmy92

Activity: 837
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:45:47 PM

In my own understanding, I think through reading of the whitepaper  together with the team behind the project will tell you if it's fake or not. Whitepaper is meant to have a clear explanation of the project anything otherwise is likely to be fake.
usm1000

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:52:49 PM

if you don't have a technical background, you might be able to detect where the terminology is used incorrectly, or where the expression seems unclear. You can even copy and paste some of their phrases and Google to see if they have been removed from white materials or other project promotional materials.
Asmh85

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:57:26 PM

I think blockchain networks should do something to stop all these scamers, some projects has emerged to do this role like ICOVO , W12,or MUBO.
DAICO is the solution as Vitalic stated
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:02:29 PM

The best way to avoid this and detect fake projects is that before you join any of them you look around the forum and look for information about that ico, and if you find anything suspicious you do not join them, if you want to be even more sure about it you could create your own investigation and see if the data given by the developers is correct and again if you find anything that is suspicious do not join that bounty and even better share that information with everyone in the forum.
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 08:02:48 PM

There are no general methods for now only that each hunter should do a thorough research on a project he wishes to promote. I think the admins of btt are also trying their best

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
conanmori

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:03:25 PM

You should read more about the project white paper and team profile try to these as a habit before joining campaign it can save you a lot than wasting time for nothing.

Try to interact with the team on TG and ask some question that you can ask on what the project they are doing and if some answer are off try too more deeper question if they are really not reliable answer then you better go out

danceinthedunes

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:08:10 PM

There are several threads in the community that point to fake ICOs and bounties that come out every day, if you analyze them you can grab several clues that researchers use to detect whether an ICO is legitimate or not, personally the most important thing is the team, many ICO scam clearly and for obvious reasons do not want to show their real members and that should be a big red flag for any investor.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:09:26 PM

I do not think there's a guide to detect fake projects with a 100% accuracy.
There are also legit projects also out there that failed but were also labeled as fake.  
tepyh

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:11:09 PM

there is no universal recipe and no one will tell you. even in a very beautiful wrapping can be garbage.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉[MIGRATION  。SIMPLIFIED]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: