Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:03:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is regulation good or bad?  (Read 30804 times)
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 02:13:16 PM

it's good or bad depending on who judges it.
For example, for spam and cheater people, the rules are really annoying, they don't like it.

The government cannot control the blockchain, where regulations are not imposed, crime of money laundering and property hijacking cannot be controlled.

Good or bad is because of their purpose
something definitely requires regulation. if there are those who do not carry out regulations there will be no control. this market is like that, and moves based on market demand only. there is no regulation that controls. the government will definitely determine the regulation for crypto if there are large companies that want to request support from the government.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 02:28:56 PM

For me, many people have abused the decentralized nature of blockchain, hence regulations are essential for mainstream adoption to happen, if ever it will come. Regulations have its bad sides also, but the good sides are better off. Scams will be reduced to a great extent and adoption will come. Most governments are just trying to protect the interest of their citizens.
kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 02:58:35 PM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?

Why is crypto attractive to investors and why is it the trend of the world? Do you know why ?
because it is not subject to regulations. Anyone can own and use it as them like.
It can split small, extremely small, can carry crypto everywhere with just one mobile device, and in extremely large numbers without being controlled.
And now you want to have regulation for crypto?  then it will be like paper money.
Icologies

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:22:19 AM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

there is a good side and a bad side if the government properly regulates the crypto industry. the good side is that we will be protected by the government because it has entered into law. the downside is that in addition to paying taxes, the identity that is used must be truly accountable. because if it has been legalized by the government, there must be rules that apply and there are laws that incorporate it.

iphmp159

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:33:23 AM

Regulations mainly and originally implemented and required by local governments and local law-makers. However, in general it is obviously good for new investors, whom are lack of knowledge and skills to discover and avoid scam projects or scam exchanges. Such local law regulations might help them to avoid losses from their stupid decisions. Anyway, governments can not help them to avoid losses from their investments and they will have to be responsible for their decisions after all.
criket

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:39:50 AM

there is a good side and a bad side if the government properly regulates the crypto industry. the good side is that we will be protected by the government because it has entered into law. the downside is that in addition to paying taxes, the identity that is used must be truly accountable. because if it has been legalized by the government, there must be rules that apply and there are laws that incorporate it.
taxes and others I think is indeed a necessity that might be managed by the government. but the impact of this regulation will be very important for the development of crypto in a country. taxes may not be directly received by us as users or asset owners. perhaps in terms of trade and transfer costs which would be more expensive as a form of tax requested by the government.
StatesManG
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:41:44 AM

with the current situation of things in the cryptocurrency industry,  I would vote for regulation to help scrub out the bad ones in this Industry. Although cryptocurrency is not the only place we see corruption, but if nothing is done about it, it will be difficult to be in cryptocurrency

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Firefoxx
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:57:42 AM

I don't know what to say in this situation because with the original purpose cryptocurrency was created was to be free from regulation and the government giving conditions.  But looking at it the other way round, I think regulation is inevitable

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:58:59 AM

I am always in favour of bringing regulations in place so as to make the crypto market much stronger and stable. Many people hold different views about regulations. Some of them fear that regulations would have negative impacts on the market. But in my view, regulations will have a good and positive impact on the market in the long run.

calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 08:01:05 AM

I don't know what to say in this situation because with the original purpose cryptocurrency was created was to be free from regulation and the government giving conditions.  But looking at it the other way round, I think regulation is inevitable
when crypto will be used in a country of course regulation will be used and it becomes important to protect the existing crypto community. not only companies that are highly insulated. users will benefit from this regulation.
daniel2023

Activity: 616
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 09:40:20 AM

The involvement of government will be advantageous in some area, such as curbing scam ICOs, Manipulations etc. But, on the other hand the main reason of Blockchain technology will be affected, which  is "Decentralization". 
optim1stic

Activity: 686
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 09:45:58 AM

I think all cryptocurrencies will not be able to regulate. Regulators can only control the transfer of Fiat-Crypto, no more.
iphmp159

Activity: 118

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 05:15:28 PM

The governments of Korea and Japan have issued separate regulations for crypto. And making it legally accepted in these countries, it is also used quite commonly in payments, especially in Japan. Other countries can also apply and do so
Nevertheless, Japan and Korea are not nations that have strictest management on crypto currencies. The USA is the country which has strictest management on crypto, within the last two years. They have strict rules on crypto currencies, and recent months ask for lots of things on private coins. That kind of management somehow prevents USA-based crypto exchanges become less competitive than others around the globe.
Kevlar

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 06:30:42 PM

Regulation of cryptocurrency has both positive and negative effects. From positive it is certainly attracting new large investors who want to work only within the law. From here the big growth of the market! Of the negative ones, I still think that in this case the government may begin to levy taxes on major operations.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Articlepro

Activity: 276

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 06:34:14 PM

It's Very bad, some Country abuse in their taxes, specially those ones from South America. I know that if it get regulated the taxes will be very high.

Earn Passive Icome with the best Perpetual Dex: https://gmx.io/#/?ref=claim
 *Image Removed*
RockDJ

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 06:38:46 PM

I honestly agree with you. I guess it is what the rest of the world is waiting for for full adoption. The industry is riddled with fraudulent activities and I expect it sooner than later now that centralized organizations like Facebook has ventured into crypto with the Libra coin to become a major key player

wywoc

Activity: 335

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 06:40:54 PM

The original purpose of blockchain and bitcoin is to escape government management. So I think regulations and laws should only be applied to ICOs that need to raise fund.
graffix

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:11:27 PM

The involvement of government will be advantageous in some area, such as curbing scam ICOs, Manipulations etc. But, on the other hand the main reason of Blockchain technology will be affected, which  is "Decentralization". 

Not only those, but there are also too many bad things happens using cryptocurrency because of its anonymity. no one can trace who is behind those things. So there are good things in being regulated.

odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 08:32:56 PM

Left to me, regulation is a good idea for cryptocurrencies because it will not only help curb misconduct but also bring in institutional investors into the cryptocurrency market, as there will be a trust stamp on cryptocurrency. Regulation is a good idea and it is what we need.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
b1boy

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 09:21:35 PM

I think this guidelines are here to secure everybody with that the principles will be better and more secure, so it is difficult Scammer is here. And for sure, if there are rules, it makes it difficult to do anything, yet on the off chance that we think emphatically by guidelines we can be secured and it is difficult for individuals to be here. so what relies upon the standards first and we look great so we can realize the principles are fortunate or unfortunate for the benefit of all.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: