Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 08:29:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible?  (Read 29601 times)
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:24:06 PM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
Your wallet can be hack thru phishing if you didn't study the basic security that you need to do to secure your wallet. Your private key can also be copy using malware if you keep the copy in a non secure device. That is why it is advisable to use a different 2fa authenticator if you are using an online wallet or hardware wallet for safe keeping.
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:25:24 PM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
There is 2 general types of wallets, one is your private wallet and wallet when you keep it on exchnage.

1) Private wallet can be hacked only if the hacker obtains your keys, they can do that by hacking your PC or getting in to your email or phising you.
2) The same principles apply to the exchnage wallet, hacker might get in to your wallet BUT ONE BIG difference, if hackers hack the exchnage system, nothing will help you, then they can take everything from all of the users.
cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:32:36 PM

It all depends on what kind of wallet you use. I choose MetaMask and cold wallets. Also recently released MEWconnect application with a high level of security. I have not yet had a single case of hacking.
metalglowd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 10:52:58 PM

So far as i know, the wallet that can br hacked was the exchange wallets. Because we didnt keep the private key of those wallets and only the exchange keep it.

That's why more people would like to recommend you to save your wallets that's only you who know the private key

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Wale777

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:53:42 PM

It is possible for wallet to be hacked and yes wallets are being hacked but there is ways to prevent such ugly trend which are by not sharing your private keys with someone else and also keep your private keys offline, lastly opting for hardware wallet like Trezor is the most secured which can never be hacked
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:09:50 PM

Yes, I very much support the answers provided already. Supposedly, the wallet should be safe but like anything else hackers evolve and so does technology so one can never exclude the possibility of being hacked though at this time it would be expensive and would require lot of effort.
i heard that myetherwallet is fine but i have never used it myself so i do not have enough knowledge to share with you

Myetherwallet is really a nice wallet to use, though some people get hacked whn trying to access the website. The reason is because they are accessing a phishing website which is not mywtherwallet.com. So in order to be sure of your security please check your URL. Secondly if you don't want to be accessing the website, you can import your private key into another ERC-20 Compatible wallet such as Eidoo and imtoken. Hope this would help
It's not so good as you said, there's one that much better than MEW and it's called as mycrypto which has created desktop and various wallet for all of platforms. It has been giving us the more protection to our fund. Mycrypto has been disabled the priv key method to use your wallet in the online wallet due to the so many hackers are using fake website.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:12:45 PM

It's important to take this issue seriously! Although there is a mystical idea that someone could divert their funds directly, many of these infected wallets have the purpose of disturbing a certain coin, prevent you from correctly relating it, thus damaging your computer or some sophisticated ones that alter your shipping address... Get control of some network and etc... Do not underestimate these things, security is everything.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:28:11 AM

Basically, it is not possible to hack the wallet using a brute-force method to get the private key.
But the hackers can find another way to get your wallet, the common way is by phishing.
There are many phishing hacking already, and the victims are not only few.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Cemploon

Activity: 644

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:01:42 AM

There is absolutely not something that isn't possible. now it's been increasingly sophisticated hackers. It could even break down what's in our laptops. just by using a network system. so we should continue to exercise caution if connected to the internet.

VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:04:40 AM

of course it is possible, but it is not easy, it will need extraordinary techniques for hackers. and in my experience, if you are never careless and always try as safe as possible you will be able to avoid all kinds of hacking. this concerns experience and knowledge so you have to search again
Faraha_JJJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:07:00 AM

Yes, it's possible if you share the private key by mistake or hackers gets on hand on to it. Few exchanges which have thier own wallet is prone to hacking due to improper secuirty measures.
brenzosa

Activity: 162

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/YHngU9x

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:10:18 AM
Merited by TimeTeller (1)

Cracking wallet to get the private key is almost impossible.  But there are many ways how a funds can be stolen.  First is the carelessness of individuals who exposes his private keys to others.  He may fell victim to keyloggers and phishing sites which can intercept usernames and passwords so the thief can have access to victim’s accounts.  Other thing is storing private keys on cloud spaces which may be stolen.  The best way is to generate paper wallet offline, write down the private keys and store it somewhere safe.
vebby

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:12:10 AM

Thus I think it's very likely going to happen. Moreover, it is now a crime in crypto also increasingly sophisticated. because the wallet is equal to account. in the real world, the account maintained by the bank could be exploited. Moreover, in the world of crypto, all of which are decentralized.
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:23:55 AM

there are many ways for someone to hack a crypto wallet wallet, but that really requires someone's technique and intelligence. and most hacking cases occur due to phishing and breaking into the google network. that's what happened yesterday. I think the most important points are in our own security
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:50:07 AM

Yes that is actually very much possible. Especially if click some fishing sites where it could be the gateway or open door for the hackers to enter and manage your account whatever it is whether it is bitcoin wallet or myetherwallet something like that mate. So, my tips always keep or save your private key and seed phrase if there is or have backup  with it.
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:54:14 AM

A few months ago there was a phishing link on my ether wallet where a hacker put his layer over and above the interface and every input was going directly to the hacker.
That was the only one off event where wallets were hacked. Apart from that there's been no associated risk.
michellee

Activity: 2800
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:32:33 AM

Wallet hacking is possible to happen, and this is why we need to secure the wallet from any attack that might comes. We need to save the private keys to the save place so we can reduce the attacker to compromise with the wallet. And if you use the wallet for the android phone, you need to be careful to use your wallet and don't let other people know your wallet inside your android phone. There are many more ways that you need to do to secure your wallet and make sure your wallet is safe.

billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:41:59 AM

I have the experience the wallet is hacking for someone before, but I am not sure why these people have my wallet password, maybe I have visited the phishing website, anyway I just lost little money, and never visit the unknow web now.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
TheFirstCreator

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:51:42 AM

Now there are many ways to hack a wallet and phishing is one of the most frequently used methods. So be careful.
maaldaz

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:07:15 AM

What happened the most on this cryptocurrency wallet is phishing. it could happened when we accidentally entering our private key into a phishing website that we thought it's the original website. aside from that there is unlikely to happen (very rare)

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: