Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:50:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs dying off?  (Read 27156 times)
Ravenangel

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:48:31 PM

I don't think they are dying, but now in these bear markets I think people have to think well if they are going to do an ICO or not, for now, investors are a little cautious about where to put their money, since I imagine that many of those who bought coins in December are losing their money now.

Bitcoin to the moon
BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2100
Merit: 593

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:51:13 PM

Right now everybody has a skewed bias because they see a lot of ICOs failing, however there are still plenty of ICOs raising large amounts of money, it's just few of them are doing so online, instead opting to raise the money by venture capital or through investment firms. The dream of raising millions of dollars with a half-assed whitepaper and hurriedly put together MVP are OVER!

Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:51:56 PM

"September has seen the least amount of funds raised by #ICOs in more than a year. Are ICOs dying off?"

Chart here: https://twitter.com/Bancor/status/1049690978213404673

ICOs are not dying off, what I see and understand is that the good ICOs are been filtered while the craps are thrown out of the system, When ever reputable project emerges, it get funded.

Yeah I think you are right that the ICOs are not dying, but there are just so many scam ICOs emerging that made legit ICOs look bad that is why most of the investors think that ICOs are really dying.
These scam icos are directly affecting the demand to the ico itself, remember a lot of people will feel so difficult to choose the best one and so many scam icos are admitting their icos as the best icos at this moment.
Legit ico gets disappeared or investors still don't realize where is the place to search the list of legit ico

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Ozero

Activity: 2072
Merit: 180

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:22:56 AM

"September has seen the least amount of funds raised by #ICOs in more than a year. Are ICOs dying off?"

The difficulty in raising funds by ICO projects is felt in almost all current projects. However, this does not mean that the activity of the ICO dies off altogether. While the cryptocurrency market has stopped, ICO projects have stopped. Many of the working projects of ICO are forced to extend the fundraising period until the new year in the hope that at least during this period the cryptocurrency market will grow and their tokens will not depreciate immediately after entering the stock market ten times.
However, if the market revives, the ICO will again resume its activities.

arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:27:24 AM

As you can see everything in the whole universe now are in economic trouble,look even the biggest countries are in big economic fall,stocks are also dropping so what more in our virtual world?We are all facing dropping not only ico’s .this is what the market is doing now so bare with that,the market will recover and ico will come to good again,but ofcourse only those legitimate
Fishmaster23

Activity: 256

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:43:28 AM

The more people there are, the more ideas for development and the more projects, albeit clones. It is clear that not everyone will survive, but this technology is advanced and constantly in demand.
xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 06:10:53 AM

ICOs aren't dying off, they will eventually but  why they are no longer selling as they were in late 2017 to now is as a result of the current market conditions! Most ICOs have proven to be best investment decisions others have ourtrightly been shambolic and scammy! I do believe better ways of investing in crypto will crop up. For now only a few people are believing in ICOs as the majority of scammy ICOs have impacted negatively too, on the success of others.

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
Dolarin

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:13:47 AM

I don't think ICO's dying. Yes, now is not the best time for new crypto start ups, but I think that this is a temporary phenomenon due to market conditions.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 06:14:50 AM

Yeah, i mean if we already have tons of great crypto in the scene, why do you need more?
If 1000 project, only 100-200 manage to survive
meaning more and more ico is just a waste

However, there are still certain ICO that perform pretty well and manage to crowdfund good amount of fundings
So i would say it depends alot on the project itselfs
kiryamikronov

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:39:06 AM

ICO will never die, just the problems with fraud this field scare away investors and people used to buy coins once the project is released the coin on the exchange, it's safer. I'm sure everything will work out and we will see more records for ICO.

★★★ Excalibur OS ► 1 XOS = 0.000025 ETH ★★★
https://excaliburos.com/ || Token-Sale : 03.09.2018 - 31.01.2019
BlockchainGod

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:40:42 AM

I don't think ICO is dying now. It's just that this month we raised a little less money than usual. It happens. Don't panic.

VasiloviKola

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:31:23 AM

Hope this is not true, as new projects are very important for further development of crypto world. I am looking for projects at www.icoguide.com at least they have no paid rates. If other rating platforms will not have paid and unfair rates they will assist good projects and will not give chances to scams.
queennathalia

Activity: 434
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:34:10 AM

I am not believe to them. Ico is still alive and there is a lot of Legit ICO launches today. You can visit here http://bit.ly/2QOVgfC all legit ICO are there you can see all the details about their projects and visions and the problem that can solve by their project so that is legit for me.
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:40:00 AM

ICOs are not dying off ,its way too far from dying off ,its just that good ICOs are rare now but I'm so damn sure that if good ones emerges then they will get well funded so its no problem ,its better to see only few projects in a year than 100s of bad projects in a year

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
Michelecako

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:51:27 PM

The transition period has come for ICO projects. The time of unconditional superiority of ICO has passed. At this time, regulation should come to ICO. Fraudsters should be severely punished, otherwise it will not. Simply releasing tokens and handing out tokens to uselessly on exchanges and in bounty - this should be severely punished.

[ R E S T O t o k e n ]     |     The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space
     TOKEN SALE      ❱ Oct 10th - Dec 14th
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:50:30 PM

The period of hype around the ICO has passed and now we see the normal state of affairs when investments collect only really good projects that deserve it, and inevestors think three times before investing their money somewhere.
IndianaJons

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:54:54 PM

I don't think they are dying, but now in these bear markets I think people have to think well if they are going to do an ICO or not, for now, investors are a little cautious about where to put their money, since I imagine that many of those who bought coins in December are losing their money now.

At the moment, most investors are sitting and watching how the value of the coins in which they invested is decreasing every day.
In this situation, you do not want to invest and buy new coins.

nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:57:54 PM

ICO's are definitely not raising the amounts of money as they use to during the last couple of years.  There are many projects that are cheap and have been major releases.  People are more interested in investing in these types of projects over an ICO.

there is a lack of quality projects and this is the major problem. investors just want to see a real product and they are ready to invest.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:04:16 PM

As far as i am  concerned and with what i have seen and that i am seeing happen in the crypto space, ICOs are not appearing to be dying. Instead, we are having more ICOs trooping into the crypto space. Although, so many of them are not succeeding.
Ains_sama

Activity: 608

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:06:12 PM

I think so. No ICO currently has a good project. and just looking for a moment's profit. too many ICOs that make the best ICO covered by bad ICOs. maybe the comparison is 1: 5. so the best isn't visible. 2017 ICO is very good for investors, but now investors are starting to fear the ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: