Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:29:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs dying off?  (Read 27156 times)
udam

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 11:10:25 PM

I don't think so. Every one is waiting for market stabilizing . Investors have less confidence about market. on most projects the exchange listing price was too low because of market condition. So i think this situation will change with market stabilizing.

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:46:08 PM

I think so. No ICO currently has a good project. and just looking for a moment's profit. too many ICOs that make the best ICO covered by bad ICOs. maybe the comparison is 1: 5. so the best isn't visible. 2017 ICO is very good for investors, but now investors are starting to fear the ICO.

I think legit ICOs now are returning and some will have a value in the next months, In choosing an ICO you must know its potential by seeking some legalities in it like the team itself and the product visibility and the good platform, Invest in profitable ICO not on a bubble.
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:21:20 AM

"September has seen the least amount of funds raised by #ICOs in more than a year. Are ICOs dying off?"

Chart here: https://twitter.com/Bancor/status/1049690978213404673

I think ICOs will not dying off. Its happen because market condition not too good for the investor. Most investor prefer wait and see on market condition. I do believe when market recovery again, ICOs will be raising funds again
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:22:35 AM

There are still plenty of ICOs out there and the good ones are still able to raise their hard cap target even in this weak market.
jcojci

Activity: 731
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:59:43 AM

I don't know about that because I see that the ICO still trying to survive at this moment and some the ICO continue the progress. But there is many ICO still delay their time to end the project and makes many people ask about this. Maybe the ICO needs to extend their project because the market situations are not good for them to end the ICO phase.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:02:38 AM

"September has seen the least amount of funds raised by #ICOs in more than a year. Are ICOs dying off?"

Maybe yes
because currently investment in ico is very high risk especially after entering several exchanges, almost the average price will fall in more than the price of ico. this is sad
there are many ico who do not survive especially in long progress.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:06:29 AM

Maybe investors are wiser now, because of the past fraud ICO, they now have criteria and guidelines on what to look for a good ICO they have filtered the bad ones and the good ones so we will only see good and profitable ICO in the future.
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:15:23 AM

ICO's are not dying off, still many ICO's this time are successful, what matters in ICO is that creating the best usable project/product. Investors are concerned, so they must be sure that the ICO's they are investing are worth to invest., so we cannot say that the ICO's are dying this time, whether is good or not, still crypto is moving forward.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:19:11 AM

They may not be dying off but we are seeing less projects being launched as a result of the current market condition. It now takes a sound project to raise enough funds unlike before where ICO was flooded with useless projects.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
omedian

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:22:50 AM

Yeah, seems like the market is going through tough times now. But I hope it's temporary and we will see another rise of ICOs as soon as the market starts recovering.

cescudero95

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:25:58 AM

The rate of ICOs and similar projects will also be influenced by the ebb and flow of the markets.  The next time there is a significant rally in the overall market, there is likely to be a resurgence of groups getting together to start projects, both those with honest intentions and dishonest alike.  When that will happen is the million dollar question.

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:30:56 AM

Good projects are afraid to go to ICO because of the prolonged stagnation of the market, but it is not death.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 10:31:25 AM

Yeah, seems like the market is going through tough times now. But I hope it's temporary and we will see another rise of ICOs as soon as the market starts recovering.
that's right because currently the market is in poor condition and that also affects the ICO. if the market returns to normal then the development of the ICO will rise again. let's we just hope the market will return in good condition and the ICO will rise soon.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
FunGate

Activity: 105
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:36:35 AM

It’s been a market funded by scams and manipulation for quite some time now. I think newbies are finally getting fatigue of burning their money in pursuit of easy profits.

Og has the idea.

Most of the icos were created during last year's bubble as people wanted to capitalize and take advantage of all the money entering the bubble. It worked for a lot of ICOs. There was millions upon millions wasted last year due to icos.

Now that it has died down this year we aren't seeing as much activity but there is still some. ICOs are a waste of money. You're better off waiting for the coin to hit the market cause it's hard to tell whether or not something is a scam as most don't even make it to an exchange. It's a risky business going into an ico. I paid money for one ico, and never will make that mistake again.

Sometimes not taking action, and recognizing opportunity when it's there is a greater mistake..Those who initially invested in ETH had insane ROI's.

There are some steps that can be taken to to tell whether or not something is a scam:

-Promises that are too good to be true
-fake teams
-Asking for more than what they are trying to build

The SEC also created a fake ICO website themselves called HoweyCoins.com

AI tools will likely one day be able to also help us tell frauds from gems. Until then common sense and good judgement can make it less of a gamble. Losing money is never fun but it's always the fault of the loser.
greatdn

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:53:53 AM

If in the near future there will be no cardinal reforms, then everything will end sadly. I hope the market will come to life and ico will give some kind of profit. I would like to believe in it.
dadisde
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:00:35 AM

It is very hard for any project to reach their funding goals at the moment. Even if the project is awesome and has already a working product, and the team is great and the community is big, it is hard to gain profits on this market. We need to wait for a few more months.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:49:20 AM

Maybe investors are wiser now, because of the past fraud ICO, they now have criteria and guidelines on what to look for a good ICO they have filtered the bad ones and the good ones so we will only see good and profitable ICO in the future.

One thing that I realized after investing previously was HYIP and cryptocurrency is that if you lose money on investments because of stupidity. Then it will be the experience and make you gradually smart
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:53:37 AM

No they are not. September was the worst month for ICOs in 2018, and the reasons are pretty simple. Why should investors put their money into projects, that are losing their price, as soon as they are going live on exchanges?
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:01:01 PM

It is very hard for any project to reach their funding goals at the moment. Even if the project is awesome and has already a working product, and the team is great and the community is big, it is hard to gain profits on this market. We need to wait for a few more months.
People are waiting for the uptrend period as this is the time when more investment funds will appear and the investment needs will be much more in ICO projects. I believe that at this stage all ICO projects are junk and should not be invested because good projects will choose the right time to appear and make people feel excited when looking at the project.
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:02:50 PM

They are not dying yet but I see that they are losing their popularity. People pick trading and investing in the cryptocurrencies now more often. They are too cautious now to have a deal with the ICOs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: