Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:01:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BEAM | Mimblewimble | Private | Scalable | No ICO | No Pre Mine  (Read 77187 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
isildurBG

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 10:31:48 PM

There is a drama on the potential partnership between BEAM and Litecoin.
Can the BEAM's team members can confirm it, please.
Litecoin, in reality, suddenly rose recent hours. No one knows that the drama is real or not.

You can see an announcement about Litecoin that plans to implement Mimblewimble into the protocol by collaborating with Beam on official twitter and Medium Beam.

That’s huge! Beam will get so big exposure and the world will see the potential of the technology.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 03:06:38 AM

You can see an announcement about Litecoin that plans to implement Mimblewimble into the protocol by collaborating with Beam on official twitter and Medium Beam.
Eventually, I known that it is a real cooperation.
It's not a fake news.
https://medium.com/beam-mw/mimblewimble-litecoin-cooperation-2f0631825ba9
Let's move upwards, both BEAM and Litecoin.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 06:55:14 AM

This is NO hate campaign ...

Not on my part in any case.

I have stated just what I have stated, as I believe it. This is NOT about being 'fair' in any sense of the word as the previous poster tried to state, it is about creating a usable project AND making money - proven by what you have just stated. GREED plays a massive part in the Crypto industry at the moment, and that is not to say the BEAM Team (kinda catchy that), but just as a general overview. I am no newbie and have been around since almost the very beginning of Crypto itself, so I see what I see, and say what I see. I too have developments in the company with a great team of people, and have witnessed some of those developers AND community members fall short of the meaning of the word 'decent' and GREED took well over their sensibilities. I hope this is not the case with the BEAM Team, but I can ASSURE YOU it is the goal of the Venture Capitalists, coin purchasers/traders, and a vast majority of the community.

Nothing can be proven otherwise, unless you do this ALL for free, which you are not.

Hence what I have said is NOT hate speech, let alone a campaign of any sort. I actually like the plan you have, but am unsure that it will bring the desired results that you claim you will achieve, based on the sole fact that money is a major goal of ANY corporation that has the backing you do.

Outside of that monetary component, it is a pretty good project.

#crysx

friend, i wasn't responding to your post (see the quoted user -not yourself.), nor did i offer that yours was hate-speech - but since your opinions have been reiterated, please allow me to repose on it...

thanks for sharing your views, and I hope you continue to enjoy Beam as much as is humanly possible.
What do you think of the 2019 roadmap? it's a lot of work but we are open to views on it... will we/won't we...

all comment is allowed here if it allows intellectual responses  Smiley

All good - my mistake then ...

The roadmap is just that. I don't take kindly to roadmaps per se, as most do not follow, nor intend to follow these things. BEAM however seem to have been putting in the work, so it would be interesting to see how this comes along. As for my views on what is IN the roadmap, they are varied. But if you adhere to what you are planning to do, and do it successfully, there is a good path that you are taking.

#crysx

rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 08:02:45 AM

This is NO hate campaign ...

Not on my part in any case.

I have stated just what I have stated, as I believe it. This is NOT about being 'fair' in any sense of the word as the previous poster tried to state, it is about creating a usable project AND making money - proven by what you have just stated. GREED plays a massive part in the Crypto industry at the moment, and that is not to say the BEAM Team (kinda catchy that), but just as a general overview. I am no newbie and have been around since almost the very beginning of Crypto itself, so I see what I see, and say what I see. I too have developments in the company with a great team of people, and have witnessed some of those developers AND community members fall short of the meaning of the word 'decent' and GREED took well over their sensibilities. I hope this is not the case with the BEAM Team, but I can ASSURE YOU it is the goal of the Venture Capitalists, coin purchasers/traders, and a vast majority of the community.

Nothing can be proven otherwise, unless you do this ALL for free, which you are not.

Hence what I have said is NOT hate speech, let alone a campaign of any sort. I actually like the plan you have, but am unsure that it will bring the desired results that you claim you will achieve, based on the sole fact that money is a major goal of ANY corporation that has the backing you do.

Outside of that monetary component, it is a pretty good project.

#crysx

friend, i wasn't responding to your post (see the quoted user -not yourself.), nor did i offer that yours was hate-speech - but since your opinions have been reiterated, please allow me to repose on it...

thanks for sharing your views, and I hope you continue to enjoy Beam as much as is humanly possible.
What do you think of the 2019 roadmap? it's a lot of work but we are open to views on it... will we/won't we...

all comment is allowed here if it allows intellectual responses  Smiley

All good - my mistake then ...

The roadmap is just that. I don't take kindly to roadmaps per se, as most do not follow, nor intend to follow these things. BEAM however seem to have been putting in the work, so it would be interesting to see how this comes along. As for my views on what is IN the roadmap, they are varied. But if you adhere to what you are planning to do, and do it successfully, there is a good path that you are taking.

#crysx

I am of the mind that all base development on any coin which strives to provide services such as the 2019 beam roadmap, should have community-wide support.
I am also supporting Grin and although LTC has always been a simple buy low sell high vehicle for me, I am intrigued to see how the side chain of mimblewimble will function with the help from Beam developers. For too long, all we have been faced with have been copy-paste cryptos which degrade the actual work put in by proper developers (with the exception of just a few like Tera (built from the ground-up) and others which unfortunately didn't quite have the funding to continue).

The one thing which surprises me most (in a good way) the Beam community are not just buying coins on the back of hype.. as an onlooker, it is a sensible and realistic approach, not only by the team, but within the community who are content to wait for development of the tech to shine through before investing in it.
This shows that we are after all, maturing from 'magic internet money' phase. It can only be a good thing, but I do miss that wizard.
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 09:36:17 AM

A community user has pointed out a very good in-depth article on BEAM

https://www.blockdelta.io/beam-the-privacy-focused-cryptocurrency-built-on-the-mimblewimble-protocol/

It's great info if you are unsure about how Beam was born and how it works.
landoffaucets

Activity: 1204
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:45:56 AM

How many BEAM coins will be mined in the first 2 years? (I would like to calculate the possible market cap) And halving is every 2 or 4 years?
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 11:37:23 PM

Hello guys just need help about my transaction if how can I see beam coin transaction in block explorer?
Or how can I track my recent transaction because I send few beam coin for testing in hotbit.io few hours ago but until now I don't see any sign or history that I receive beam coin to my hotbit.io wallet?

9Bank

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 02:35:42 AM

Syncing with blockchain?
More than 24 hours

try close wallet, delete node.db, restart wallet and rescan on local node.

should work.. if not, jump in the discord channel and i'll look further for you.
What I like doing -- if you don't need any past transaction history -- is just delete your Beam Wallet (make sure you have your twelve word passphrase or you'll never see your Beam again). Now, you also need to delete the directory because I think the Beam uninstall leaves them alone.

An odd thing I noticed the first time I attempted this was that after entering my passphrase to restore my coins, the sync process still didn't sync. I didn't see the estimated time remaining. If this happens you need to again uninstall the wallet and delete the directory again (Beam Wallet). For some reason I discovered the third try was a charm: perhaps some initial files hang around awhile. Oh, actually I created a fresh wallet with new passphrase...then immediately uninstalled it and deleted the Beam Wallet directory. Finally at this point I downloaded the Beam Windows wallet a final time and restored with the passphrase and my coins synced in 10 minutes. Grin

Important: As I said, be certain you have the correct twelve word passphrase before attempting this.

rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 09:30:15 AM

Hello guys just need help about my transaction if how can I see beam coin transaction in block explorer?
Or how can I track my recent transaction because I send few beam coin for testing in hotbit.io few hours ago but until now I don't see any sign or history that I receive beam coin to my hotbit.io wallet?

you will see if it went through, when the wallet shows a kernel ID for it. When there is a kernel ID, it should show as completed in your wallet and if it is not showing at your exchange after this, you will need to contact them.

If there is no kernel ID yet, and status is not yet completed, it may be a problem with receivers wallet, and the tx will fail after 12 hrs.

hope this helps
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:45:10 AM

There is a drama on the potential partnership between BEAM and Litecoin.
Can the BEAM's team members can confirm it, please.
Litecoin, in reality, suddenly rose recent hours. No one knows that the drama is real or not.

That’s huge! Beam will get so big exposure and the world will see the potential of the technology.

Not Beam, but MimbleWimble protocol. And the collaboration with Beam is because they are the developers of MimbleWimble. Of course this is a very good advertising for Beam, but I think more wins "outdated" Litecoin (and Charlie Lee himself).

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
BeamPrivacy
Copper Member

Activity: 328

Beam me up Scotty!

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 05:12:11 PM
Merited by rgsnedds (1)

What a week fellows! https://beamprivacy.substack.com/p/beam-2019-week-6

Full Members  v.2:
Screenshot URL: https://i.imgur.com/mF0h5jS.png
Screenshot preview:
Quote from: 'Screenshot preview'

Quote from: 'Raw preview'
⟁  B E A M                                                                                                                                                                      
                                               Scalable Confidential Cryptocurrency | Mimblewimble Implementation                                              
Get Connected ● [twitter]  [reddit]  [medium]  [discord]  [telegram]  [gitter]  [youtube]  [github]  [btctalk]
Code:
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 09:53:39 PM

keeping busy!
I should also point out that we have the most excellent support team in most media channels.
If anyone has issues with their Beam wallet, don't hesitate to get in touch and we can work to assist.

thanks!
BeamPrivacy
Copper Member

Beam me up Scotty!

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 02:02:33 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2019, 02:21:49 PM by BeamPrivacy

We just released a new version: Agile Atom 1.2.4419 https://medium.com/beam-mw/mimblewimble-agile-atom-124419-release-89216a355604 #mimblewimble #SovereigntyByDesign

Full Members  v.2:
Screenshot preview:

⟁  B E A M                                                                                                                                                                      
Get Connected ● [twitter]  [reddit]  [medium]  [discord]  [telegram]  [gitter]  [youtube]  [github]  [btctalk]
Code:
tranquynhtien

Activity: 102
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 02:14:53 PM

We just released a new version: Agile Atom 1.1.4419 https://medium.com/beam-mw/mimblewimble-agile-atom-124419-release-89216a355604 #mimblewimble #SovereigntyByDesign
Will the newest version contains something relates to the partnership with Litecoin?
I meant does the version of BEAM has something can contribute to both BEAM and Litecoin.
BeamPrivacy
Copper Member

Beam me up Scotty!

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 04:32:25 PM

We just released a new version: Agile Atom 1.1.4419 https://medium.com/beam-mw/mimblewimble-agile-atom-124419-release-89216a355604 #mimblewimble #SovereigntyByDesign
Will the newest version contains something relates to the partnership with Litecoin?
I meant does the version of BEAM has something can contribute to both BEAM and Litecoin.
Not yet. We just began research with Litecoin Team. We will need much more time to complete this mission.

Full Members  v.2:
Screenshot preview:

⟁  B E A M                                                                                                                                                                      
Code:
canibalgb

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

Beam me up!

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 12:16:10 AM

Not yet. We just began research with Litecoin Team. We will need much more time to complete this mission.

How will this benefit BEAM?  Wink
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 08:16:06 AM

How will this benefit BEAM?  Wink

In many ways, initially this has spread the word about Beam across all crypto communities, it remains the hot topic of discussion.
As we work together, it will put Beam team as the go-to source for assistance with utilising mimblewimble and ensuring true financial freedom in cryptocurrency and privacy for all - whether you are in bags of Beam or in bags of Litecoin, your savings are safe from scrutiny (with opt-in audit-ability coming to Beam in the future).
Beam is bringing back the real purpose of crypto, no more in-fighting and community vs community, Beam will be known in history as the project which brought everyone together and out of the bearish sentiment that drags us down today.
Onwards and upwards to satoshi's true vision for privacy....

I like the term 'Sovereignty by Design.'
BeamPrivacy
Copper Member

Beam me up Scotty!

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 02:33:36 PM

Discover how we're planning to develop and launch a Mimblewimble compatible Lightning Network https://docs.beam.mw/Beam_lightning_network_position_paper.pdf #mimblewimble #SovereigntyByDesign

Full Members  v.2:
Screenshot preview:

⟁  B E A M                                                                                                                                                                      
Code:
happy5571

Activity: 15
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 07:26:59 AM

I want to know how to get the token!

The easiest way is to buy beam on exchange.
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2019, 07:46:35 AM

I want to know how to get the token!

The easiest way is to buy beam on exchange.

we have a bot in discord and telegram channels which lists current prices on each platform. feel free to pop in and say hello

Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: