Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:20:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin down, altcoin rise. why?  (Read 1842 times)
1000 years

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:05:31 AM

I do not understand what happened to some altcoins, I know that when correction, red altcoin dominates the crypto market.

but when the bitcoin correction, there is still altcoin that has increased and rises significantly.

what factors make altcoin rise when bitcoin falls?
share your knowledge with me!
Bitcoin price movements are generally able to influence Altcoin prices. The relationship is not always predictable. However, it should be noted that every event in the future is not necessarily the same as the conditions in the past, and anything can happen. In this case I think bitcoin prices are falling, while altcoin prices are rising because they are affected by highly anticipated forks, the possibilities that will occur is altcoins are depressed as a result of money flowing into fiat, which causes the altcoins to experience unexpected booms; especially in the BTC pair, because money flows to Altcoins through BTC sales. Hope you can help.!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:21:35 AM

I do not understand what happened to some altcoins, I know that when correction, red altcoin dominates the crypto market.

but when the bitcoin correction, there is still altcoin that has increased and rises significantly.

it could be new altcoin just join the market. or maybe some one decide to bull altcoin, which is not hard. since altcoin price is dirt cheap...
Fika15

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:24:42 AM

why should it be linked to each other between bitcoin and altcoin? doesn't it depend on the developer effort to advance the coin?
juragom

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:28:43 AM

I think because there are many factors, maybe because of bad news about Bitcoin, or many who sell Bitcoin, or something else. But the decline in Bitcoin prices often happens every day. This is a strategy for the main players who mislead newcomers.
icemantaurus

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:04:56 AM

BTC or Bitcoin is the originator of all altcoins, so when btc prices drop then altcoins prices also drops. But sometimes there are some altcoins that won't go with the flow or could scrimmage the trend. But this could happen only in a short period of time. Although in typical situation when btc price drops all other altcoins drop.
manwithsuit909

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:06:17 AM

Probably because there's some dick head that have a big amount of eth decide to make the price go down
Sarcasm

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:02:55 PM

I think because there are many factors, maybe because of bad news about Bitcoin, or many who sell Bitcoin, or something else. But the decline in Bitcoin prices often happens every day. This is a strategy for the main players who mislead newcomers.

in my opinion is bitcoin domination, if the dominance of bitcoin is high then the altcoin will down,
if the dominance of bitcoin is low then the altcoin will fly
seramania

Activity: 827

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:14:48 PM

although bitcoin is down but the price of bitcoin is still high, and when the price of altcoin rises, I think it is also followed by the price of bitcoin, but now all the prices of bitcoin or altcoin are in a low position. so I think this is an ongoing connection between bitcoin and altcoin

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
otong

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:16:46 PM

although bitcoin is down but the price of bitcoin is still high, and when the price of altcoin rises, I think it is also followed by the price of bitcoin, but now all the prices of bitcoin or altcoin are in a low position. so I think this is an ongoing connection between bitcoin and altcoin
the factor of bitcoin will not be able to be released because the influence is quite large in a development and also an increase in every existing altcoin
furkantugra

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:36:20 PM

In fact, this kind of activity was expected in the market because the opposite was always done a few months ago.
LDenis555

Activity: 317

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:38:55 PM

This is already looking at the cryptocurrency market, I think everything will soon be able to change, up and down, as the cryptocurrency is very unpredictable, and it is very difficult to predict.
Eth-Jackcoin

Activity: 350

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:13:05 AM

This is typical economics. The higher the demand _ the higher the price of the commodity and vice versa. So, when altcoins are demanded by the populace, it increases. Though the altcoins and bitcoin are not always inversely proportional.

Imhomebody

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:05:34 AM

Did anyone else notice that in the last 2 days over $35 Million in Bitcoin have been transfered to Bitfinex, Bitflyer, and Bittrex. All from just 6 individual transactions, with each one being over $6 Million.

Drowsyface

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:09:21 AM

Did anyone else notice that in the last 2 days over $35 Million in Bitcoin have been transfered to Bitfinex, Bitflyer, and Bittrex. All from just 6 individual transactions, with each one being over $6 Million.

It's possible that this is short covering. If I wanted to short a bunch of Bitcoin, I mean a whole bunch, I'd work out OTC agreements with the exchanges since they have the most corn.

Edit: if it is short covering, they have a whole lot more to cover. That dump at the beginning of September involved mass quantities of Bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]  All
  Print  

Jump to: