Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:57:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 242 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THC] The Hempcoin (THC)  (Read 388968 times)
89keys

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:40:17 PM

After meeting with fartbags I started rewriting the site I made for Hempcoin. Most important part is the write up I feel. Most of the people I talked to today about Hempcoin were rather confused about the need for cryptocurrencies. The flash will come last, but for now:

Thoughts? (On the writing more so.)

the site looks boring. nothing new there.
what is with kryptologist? maybe you both work together on a website. i dont know his skills but he was speaking about " I will make a pimpin site, mobile friendly, slick design, all that good stuff."

am i the only one who dont like this coin logo ? it looks like anyone found it in an old box of his grandfather. Grin

its a cryptocurrency...try something new, shiny,friendly maybe a littlebit crazy...but keep it clean and nice  Cool

@ hempcoin dev... if you do a logo contest i can send you some coins for the bounty or i can give away my 4 Mh/s for 24 hours to the winner...

what you think Huh

nice work community!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:49:08 PM

After meeting with fartbags I started rewriting the site I made for Hempcoin. Most important part is the write up I feel. Most of the people I talked to today about Hempcoin were rather confused about the need for cryptocurrencies. The flash will come last, but for now:

what is with kryptologist? maybe you both work together on a website. i dont know his skills but he was speaking about " I will make a pimpin site, mobile friendly, slick design, all that good stuff."

am i the only one who dont like this coin logo ? it looks like anyone found it in an old box of his grandfather. Grin

its a cryptocurrency...try something new, shiny,friendly maybe a littlebit crazy...but keep it clean and nice  Cool

@ hempcoin dev... if you do a logo contest i can send you some coins for the bounty or i can give away my 4 Mh/s for 24 hours to the winner...

what you think Huh

nice work community!

I like the content, it is good information. Nice work Smiley Is there a demo site I can look at?

I didn't know you were making a website, how much have you done for design? Maybe we can work together on this? I was planning on going full out to make a slick new website that will look like someone worked hard on it and we paid good money for it. I am starting this today. What are your thoughts? I can make a few user accounts so multiple people can update it.

Community: what are your thought on the design/direction of the new website? I took a look at potcoin and they revamped their site to take more of a business professional look. What are everyone's thoughts on the coin/logo?

Thanks
killsig

Activity: 228

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:09:09 PM

I like what you're coming up with! 

Here's my couple thoughts with my professional web developer hat on..

- I'm really liking what I see in the header compared to another pot leaf.  Seeds, tractors etc is better than a pot leaf in my opinion. 
 - If that is the full width of the site, it will make the site look pretty dated.  The days of a fixed 75% width site are over.

Overall I think you are doing great work, it does look a liiiiiitle dated but I'm not bashing that..  Thank you for being one of the community members that is giving back your own time and resources! Smiley

Keep up the great work! Cheesy

ps. If people are looking for templates in the future, checkout wrapbootstrap.com...  Fully responsive templates with samples for widgets/pages.... I think the one I grabbed for the block explorer cost $4.. lol
killsig

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:15:38 PM

what you think Huh

nice work community!

I like the content, it is good information. Nice work Smiley Is there a demo site I can look at?

I didn't know you were making a website, how much have you done for design? Maybe we can work together on this? I was planning on going full out to make a slick new website that will look like someone worked hard on it and we paid good money for it. I am starting this today. What are your thoughts? I can make a few user accounts so multiple people can update it.

Community: what are your thought on the design/direction of the new website? I took a look at potcoin and they revamped their site to take more of a business professional look. What are everyone's thoughts on the coin/logo?

Thanks

Professional/business is great I think.  It is a currency so it should have some resemblance to business.. The days of coming up with a shitcoin and a shitty website and calling yourself a currency are gone IMO.. lol.

I'm also starting to ponder if it would be a good idea to come up with standards.  Standard fonts, standard colors, a final choice on a logo, only one way/color/font of using "The Hempcoin" as a heading..  This way even if there are multiple properties being developed, they will all have the same look/feel like most brands that don't have 20 randoms working on their stuff would look like..  Smiley
blakeaholics

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

Graphic Designer & Programmer

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 04:28:22 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 04:46:43 PM by blakeaholics

Don't be stupid. I literally said I'm not worrying about design for the moment. It's easy to spruce it up after, but I do think a simple design is best for this coin. Nothing flashy if we actually want farmers to try to use it like it was originally said.

its a cryptocurrency...try something new, shiny,friendly maybe a littlebit crazy...but keep it clean and nice  Cool
I have made a new one! It's a few pages back.

Here is a live demo: http://cinemattson.com/thc/

Off to work but have more to say later.
killsig

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:55:03 PM

Don't be stupid. I literally said I'm not worrying about design for the moment. It's easy to spruce it up after, but I do think a simple design is best for this coin. Nothing flashy if we actually want farmers to try to use it like it was originally said.

its a cryptocurrency...try something new, shiny,friendly maybe a littlebit crazy...but keep it clean and nice  Cool

Looking even better than the screenshot! Smiley
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:18:40 PM

Don't be stupid. I literally said I'm worrying about design for the moment. It's easy to spruce it up after, but I do think a simple design is best for this coin. Nothing flashy if we actually want farmers to try to use it like it was originally said.

I am working hard on a new website. I will send it out to you guys in a few days once it's more ready to show. I will keep it clean and pro looking, not too flashy but it will look great. I commend all the work you have done to date.

I also agree that consistent branding should be made across everything we do: fonts, colors, etc. I'll try to get something up for you guys as soon as I can.
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:28:51 PM

Please don't let any of the web developments overshadow the incredible HTML5 wallet fartbags created. That is by far the best thing THC has come up with yet.

Now it is my turn to take some of Rick Simpson's hemp oil..we will see what appears on my screen  Grin
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:41:46 PM

Is there someone who would like to help spread the word about Hemp coin in terms of getting articles written for us? We need to contact people in the industry, for example these guys appear to be looking for articles to write:

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/
blakeaholics

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 07:24:22 PM

Big update from earlier, uploaded on my break.

Tell me your thoughts. Need to add foot notes/references.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:22:40 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 10:36:15 PM by fartbags

Please don't let any of the web developments overshadow the incredible HTML5 wallet fartbags created. That is by far the best thing THC has come up with yet.

Now it is my turn to take some of Rick Simpson's hemp oil..we will see what appears on my screen  Grin

I contacted many blogs/magazines through their contact email. I didn't have an article prepared for them to post. I just sent a quick sentence. I need help with getting an article posted on a website or getting a popular twitter person to tweet about it.

My user study on the wallet was so amazing though. I came up with so many ideas after I smoked some honey oil. I had this day dream of adding in gamification. I saw a generator powering a few cheap Chinese monitors. On the monitors qrcodes would pop up randomly and quickly. People were rushing trying to snatch the qr codes first because whoever scanned the code first would claim the hemp coin as theirs. This same thing would also work with just 1 tablet. Someone could stand there holding a tablet that generates qrcodes or print them onto paper. This would all work through the wallet website. People could click the "advanced tab" and choe to "fund" a campaign.

HTML5 looks to be a solid choice. Phones are getting more powerful and javascript is catching up to AS3.

I noticed normal people really do not care about p2p, an app or a website. It is all just w.e. to them. They want their coins and they want them within 5 seconds. After they have them they are happy and willing to talk more about them and learn about them.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:33:27 PM

1 million THC for USD $300 on bittrex.

My pay check better come soon so I can grab all of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:58:54 PM

Does anyone else feel scrypt is an issue? No one wants to mine it with GPUs so it's almost an ASIC only thing now. It appears there is someone asic mining this coin and dumping it, it will keep happening until POW is finished I guess.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:51:25 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 12:20:38 AM by fartbags

Does anyone else feel scrypt is an issue? No one wants to mine it with GPUs so it's almost an ASIC only thing now. It appears there is someone asic mining this coin and dumping it, it will keep happening until POW is finished I guess.

I do not think it is a problem. ASICs are the best. Max performance with min power. Buy some scrypt ASICs and start mining THC again. I am trying to decide what to do with my extra cash from this pay check.

Buy this little 10mh/s ASICs for $320:
https://www.flowertechnology.com/product/the-daisy/

or

Buy 1 million hempcoins on bittrex for $300.

It definitely does suck that I can not mine this coin any more because of the heat. I would want to switch to x11 if it was somehow possible without doing what cannabis coin did (make a new coin, premine it, send out coins to old users).

... at the same time ... people can now start mining THC for $300 at 10mh/s. So many new people can now become miners for a small investment. I should try to sell those cheaper ASICs miners to people and tell them to mine THC.

blakeaholics

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 02:27:49 AM

Thanks
I'd love to see what you have so far. Those image heavy, massive scroll designs that most coins are using these days are terrible. We should avoid anything like that.

Overall I think you are doing great work, it does look a liiiiiitle dated but I'm not bashing that..  Thank you for being one of the community members that is giving back your own time and resources! Smiley
ps. If people are looking for templates in the future, checkout wrapbootstrap.com...  Fully responsive templates with samples for widgets/pages.... I think the one I grabbed for the block explorer cost $4.. lol
Thanks for the tips. I do realize it's a little outdated but again, I was thinking of it more as manual than a flashy website. Lots of information, minimal images, etc. (See Apache, PHP, etc. pages). I also didn't want to sink any money into something that might not be used.

Big yes to consistency in fonts/logo/etc. We essentially should have a design standard for Hempcoin.

ASICs will be a big problem soon enough. When the coin takes off there will be a massive spike from ASIC miners. We should prepare for an algo change, or at least seriously consider it. Scrypt-N/-Jane would be fine wouldn't it? Not a huge change. Plus it would be a big plus for us to be the only cannabis coin that isn't a scrypt coin.

Final thoughts here, in a few days time Marc Emery will be released back to Canada. For those who don't know, Marc Emery is nicknamed "The Prince of Pot" here in Canada as he's a serious proponent of the legalization movement. He was arrested for selling seeds (legal) and extradited to the US.
If we could get Emery onboard, we would be without a doubt the top coin. There's little doubt in my mind that Potcoin (being Canadian) won't try to contact him or Cannabis Culture (his company).
We should do something about it.

More updates to the site!
Wolf_Pack

Activity: 386

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:53:17 AM

I mentioned this before, but didn't get any feedback. If we had a new mining pool, would people prefer MPOS or NOMP? I'm looking into setting up a pool, but I would rather set one up that users would like.

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
A-Self Evolving Virtual World
Built on Top of Blockchain
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:10:02 AM

I mentioned this before, but didn't get any feedback. If we had a new mining pool, would people prefer MPOS or NOMP? I'm looking into setting up a pool, but I would rather set one up that users would like.

I tend to go for MPOS, but either way that is great! Would be so nice to have a dedicated pool.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:26:59 AM

I tend to go for MPOS, but either way that is great! Would be so nice to have a dedicated pool.

I like MPOS. For all the new short term POW mining coins, I don't bother installing their wallet and send the coins to the exchange.

NOMP is good if you have the wallet client.

They are equally good.

How about you set up two pools. A MPOS and a NOMP!

89keys

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:31:34 AM

i dont understand why people talking in so many scrypt coins about switching the algo... Roll Eyes
did bitcoin switch the algo when sha asics came out ...?! Wink

@gpu miner.... go mine x11 or buy some scrypt asics
89keys

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:55:50 AM

Big update from earlier, uploaded on my break.

Tell me your thoughts. Need to add foot notes/references.

nice work man!

i like the getting startet page!
would be nice to see a full tutorial for solo mining!
most tutorials have to less infos for people who are new to this.

can you add the wallet version number in the download page?
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 242 »
  Print  

Jump to: