Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:02:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 242 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THC] The Hempcoin (THC)  (Read 388969 times)
AFlatMinor

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:50:00 PM

What am I missing?

Why is there all this sudden interest in this coin?

Should I buy in or is this just another scamcoin?

The spike in price is most likely due to the HTML5 wallet fartbags created. The interest in this coin is not all of a sudden, a group of us community members are developing features for this coin. We have a solid hard working team here. More developments are underway. Our secret is to take some of Rick Simpson's hemp oil and create something awesome... fartbags has some really cool visions for this coin that we can make a reality. We are creative hard working people. All of us are focusing on the long term.

That's good to hear.

FYI - My initial investigation into Hempcoin was due to the fact that I fully believe in the legalisation of all type of cannabis and I really like the name  Grin - IMO I think it is much less confronting than a couple of the other alternatives (eg Potcoin). So keep up the good work, I am now the proud owner of a few thousand Hempcoin and will be old enough to retire soon so hoping they end up funding it Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:00:13 PM

After meeting with fartbags I started rewriting the site I made for Hempcoin. Most important part is the write up I feel. Most of the people I talked to today about Hempcoin were rather confused about the need for cryptocurrencies. The flash will come last, but for now:

Thoughts? (On the writing more so.)

Don't let people hate on your site design. Just build it. It looks really good.  It is not the new slick responsive template that everyone uses but I have a feeling old people will love your design. It looks really professional.

I say instead of trying to use that on hempcoin.org make your own site like http://thehempcoin.org and use that design. Focus on different stuff than hempcoin.org is focused on. Write news articles, tutorials/video tutorials, testimonials, and add a forum. Even a small forum is good since it will appear on google to help people with problems. The more stuff on google the better.

If we took your design on the street and showed it to random people, I bet that a large percentage (maybe up to 20%) would choose your design as the best. It is a nice tight, professional, old school design that lots of people still love.

I agree, the more sites the better. It is called link building in the SEO community. Make an additional site.

blakeaholics

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

Graphic Designer & Programmer

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 01:00:46 AM

Anyone against the idea of community "crowdfunding" the new domain & possibly very cheap hosting? For just the domain it's like $9/year so it would take much for that but rather the hosting.
Like how PotCoin sponsors High on PotCoin on a monthly basis. Eventually I'd have to add benefits for donators but I'm not sure of what it'd be.
killsig

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:57:36 AM

Did I mention we're going to have the coolest block explorer around?

Been watching those numbers as I've been working on this.  It's awesome to see hashrate & price moving. Smiley

Search works for addresses, all data you see is live.

Next up, block/transaction listing pages and specific block/transaction details pages .

jmsr1978

Activity: 355

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 06:48:04 AM

What am I missing?

Why is there all this sudden interest in this coin?

Should I buy in or is this just another scamcoin?

I dont know but i bought a lot at 18 satoishi some weeks ago and sell the 35% of my coins at 175 satohishi yesterday... a lot of profit!!!! Thanks HempCoin! Smiley

Go THC, go!!!!

Is this how you feel?

hahahahaha  Grin no so but...

Video editor and graphic designer in love with Cryptocoins!!!
jmsr1978

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 06:53:10 AM

After meeting with fartbags I started rewriting the site I made for Hempcoin. Most important part is the write up I feel. Most of the people I talked to today about Hempcoin were rather confused about the need for cryptocurrencies. The flash will come last, but for now:

Thoughts? (On the writing more so.)

Don't let people hate on your site design. Just build it. It looks really good.  It is not the new slick responsive template that everyone uses but I have a feeling old people will love your design. It looks really professional.

I say instead of trying to use that on hempcoin.org make your own site like http://thehempcoin.org and use that design. Focus on different stuff than hempcoin.org is focused on. Write news articles, tutorials/video tutorials, testimonials, and add a forum. Even a small forum is good since it will appear on google to help people with problems. The more stuff on google the better.

If we took your design on the street and showed it to random people, I bet that a large percentage (maybe up to 20%) would choose your design as the best. It is a nice tight, professional, old school design that lots of people still love.

I agree, the more sites the better. It is called link building in the SEO community. Make an additional site.

I already offer the dev to do one design for the web but i stopped because u are working on it... but if the idea is to make more than one site...think i will give it a try this weekend. I will do also one too, im with THC not only because of the profit, i believe in the use of hemp for everything (i also use it for my asthma and have 1 shirt and 2 pants made with hemp)

Lets the THC be with us Smiley

kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:46:21 AM

Hi guys,

HempCoin dev asked me to make a new website. I know blakeaholics is working on one as well which has really good content and the design is a good old school look. There were some comments that we should not be too flashy and we should also look professional. I think I have accomplished that. I believe we need to let everyone know we are professional developers here and so I designed this new site. Below is a sneak peak. Where I do business a website like this (when fully finished and there is lots still to do) is worth good $$. It is pretty plain at the moment but clean Smiley I hope you guys like it:

http://jusorganico.com/hempcoin/

I haven't had a lot of time to work on it but I think it is at a good point to show everyone and see if the community likes it.

Please let me know what you guys think. I need lots of feedback. Tell me everything that is wrong with it. I think together we can make this a super awesome website! I think a nice addition would be a hemp store I could build into the site. If only we could sell some hemp products for hempcoins?
AFlatMinor

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:22:19 AM

What about producing some actual "hempcoins" ?

I bought 3 "bitcoin" off ebay a couple of weeks ago - purely as a bit of a gimmick with a couple of mates - paid about $20 (AUS) for the 3 incl delivery. We have all just kinda started mining etc and it makes for a good talking piece with family and friends lol

I would definitely get a few "hempcoins" if they looked like the logo ones (IMHO I would maybe turn the bottom logo round the other way though  Wink  )

Might even be able to convince "my man" to take one in exchange for some of the real stuff  Grin

Maybe do some kind of promotion - I dunno mine x number of coins and get a replica coin? Buy a coin fo x number of hempcoins etc?

Anyhow good luck  Smiley
jmsr1978

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 09:06:01 AM

Hi guys,

HempCoin dev asked me to make a new website. I know blakeaholics is working on one as well which has really good content and the design is a good old school look. There were some comments that we should not be too flashy and we should also look professional. I think I have accomplished that. I believe we need to let everyone know we are professional developers here and so I designed this new site. Below is a sneak peak. Where I do business a website like this (when fully finished and there is lots still to do) is worth good $$. It is pretty plain at the moment but clean Smiley I hope you guys like it:

I haven't had a lot of time to work on it but I think it is at a good point to show everyone and see if the community likes it.

Please let me know what you guys think. I need lots of feedback. Tell me everything that is wrong with it. I think together we can make this a super awesome website! I think a nice addition would be a hemp store I could build into the site. If only we could sell some hemp products for hempcoins?

Ok, think i will dont do anything, too many web designs in development at the moment Wink

Are u using CMS or a template for this one too kryptologist? i was thinking about using HTML 5 with Muse to make something different. For example and to be clear it is not what i would do for THC but kind of example of something different plus my work (this was a test for a "1 page web" template all in HTML 5 and done with Muse) http://juanmiguelsalas.com/ddtheme/

Now to let u know in a constructive way what i think about ur design... for me looks too serious and a bit empty, think maybe u can use a bit more the colors from the logo and some images here and there, the titles from every page are biggest than the Logo´s name at the top and in general fonts are pretty big. Why not try to center all the info in the secondary pages like in the front page? it is not so much info and could be good to try. The black color at the bottom hmmmm...can u try the green u have at the top also there? Personally i like more the old flat logo but... And i think Hempcoin need to be together u have it like HEMP COIN... or maybe im wrong Wink

Keep up the good work mate, all for Hemp Smiley

pd: english is not my mother language, sorry for any mistakes

89keys

Activity: 155

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:24:04 PM

Did I mention we're going to have the coolest block explorer around?

Been watching those numbers as I've been working on this.  It's awesome to see hashrate & price moving. Smiley

Search works for addresses, all data you see is live.

Next up, block/transaction listing pages and specific block/transaction details pages .

cant wait to see it live!
awesome work!
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:44:18 PM

There can never be too many websites.

Just cause a website "looks better than another" doesn't mean it will rank better on google.

I would love to see a hemp coin related site pop up #1 on google for terms like "where do I buy hemp?", "how much does hemp cost?", "is hemp legal?". The more sites/content out online for hempcoin the higher every hempcoin site will get ranked on google for branch out terms like "how much does hemp cost?".

BTW the favicon gives away which CMS Kryptologist is using. CMS's are great cause you can add in amazing features with little effort like:

- shocking/surprising top 10 lists (so popular right now! people love sharing these on facebook). "top 10 uses for hemp. #2 will blow your mind :0 !".

- a pinterest type board specific to hemp.

- a forum.

- a store.

p.s. block explorer looks amazing.

kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:58:29 PM

There can never be too many websites.

Just cause a website "looks better than another" doesn't mean it will rank better on google.

I would love to see a hemp coin related site pop up #1 on google for terms like "where do I buy hemp?", "how much does hemp cost?", "is hemp legal?". The more sites/content out online for hempcoin the higher every hempcoin site will get ranked on google for branch out terms like "how much does hemp cost?".

BTW the favicon gives away which CMS Kryptologist is using. CMS's are great cause you can add in amazing features with little effort like:

- shocking/surprising top 10 lists (so popular right now! people love sharing these on facebook). "top 10 uses for hemp. #2 will blow your mind :0 !".

- a pinterest type board specific to hemp.

- a forum.

- a store.

p.s. block explorer looks amazing.

I am using Joomla CMS. Another great thing about it is that I can add a bunch of you community member to the site and you can work on it whenever you want. If you want to write a tutorial about solo mining or something like that then you can just add it to the website and post it here for everyone to see. You just sign into the administration section and make updates.

There aren't many graphics on the site and it is all set up for good SEO, just need to add all the content really. The reason I think the professional look and feel is needed is because we want to draw investors in. We work in a high web tech industry and investors need to be impressed. Although the site at the moment is very simple and clean. There are only like 2 graphics and no animations. We can add some nice design without going too flashy.

Thanks for your feedback
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:05:02 PM

Hi guys,

Ok, think i will dont do anything, too many web designs in development at the moment Wink

Are u using CMS or a template for this one too kryptologist? i was thinking about using HTML 5 with Muse to make something different. For example and to be clear it is not what i would do for THC but kind of example of something different plus my work (this was a test for a "1 page web" template all in HTML 5 and done with Muse) http://juanmiguelsalas.com/ddtheme/

Now to let u know in a constructive way what i think about ur design... for me looks too serious and a bit empty, think maybe u can use a bit more the colors from the logo and some images here and there, the titles from every page are biggest than the Logo´s name at the top and in general fonts are pretty big. Why not try to center all the info in the secondary pages like in the front page? it is not so much info and could be good to try. The black color at the bottom hmmmm...can u try the green u have at the top also there? Personally i like more the old flat logo but... And i think Hempcoin need to be together u have it like HEMP COIN... or maybe im wrong Wink

Keep up the good work mate, all for Hemp Smiley

pd: english is not my mother language, sorry for any mistakes

Thank you for your feedback. Joomla CMS with a professional template. What do you mean you like the old flat logo?

I think the link you provided is one that is considered too flashy for us. The heavy graphics, parallax effect and lots of scrolling is maybe too much. Let see what everyone thinks. Cheers.
killsig

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:32:49 PM

Hi guys,

Looking good!  It's simple (not flashy) yet up-to-date.  I like the earthy colors.  I do think it needs some more images.  It does look a liiiitle dry.  Even a thin header image on each page or something.  I'm not sure what to do exactly, I just get the feeling that it is a little tooo simple.  I know a major problem I find is a "hemp image" isn't exactly easy to come up with. pot images, sure... hemp... not so much.

Joomla will be easy to work with as well, and easy to allow other people to be contributors if the site becomes large.  Do you use "admin tools" for joomla?  It has a web application firewall to keep joomla more secure, might want it for a crypto site to keep the hackers out if the site gets popular.

I agree, the community and investors should know there is professionals working on projects!  I guess they will see this as they see the new projects come online.  They will either be professional or they won't so everyone has to keep up the great work!  Smiley  Talk is cheap so we have to prove ourselves! 

My background: I've been programming and doing web development professionally since before I got out of highschool....first web development job was in 96, then grad'd in 98 and that's all I've done since so I have a few years under my belt.  (it feels like too many.. lol)

If I looked at the hours I have into the block explorer and the hours I have left to get it online in a full beta form then working out any bugs, I'm thinking our firm would quote in the ballpark of $40-$50k.  That homepage screenshot I posted would have cost someone the better part of $20k..  :s
killsig

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:34:38 PM

Hi guys,

Looking good!  It's simple (not flashy) yet up-to-date.  I like the earthy colors.  I do think it needs some more images.  It does look a liiiitle dry.  Even a thin header image on each page or something.  I'm not sure what to do exactly, I just get the feeling that it is a little tooo simple.  I know a major problem I find is a "hemp image" isn't exactly easy to come up with. pot images, sure... hemp... not so much.

Joomla will be easy to work with as well, and easy to allow other people to be contributors if the site becomes large.  Do you use "admin tools" for joomla?  It has a web application firewall to keep joomla more secure, might want it for a crypto site to keep the hackers out if the site gets popular.

I agree, the community and investors should know there is professionals working on projects!  I guess they will see this as they see the new projects come online.  They will either be professional or they won't so everyone has to keep up the great work!  Smiley  Talk is cheap so we have to prove ourselves! 

My background: I've been programming and doing web development professionally since before I got out of highschool....first web development job was in 96, then grad'd in 98 and that's all I've done since so I have a few years under my belt.  (it feels like too many.. lol)

If I looked at the hours I have into the block explorer and the hours I have left to get it online in a full beta form then working out any bugs, I'm thinking our firm would quote in the ballpark of $40-$50k.  That homepage screenshot I posted would have cost someone the better part of $20k..  :s

Maybe header images is too much, maybe it's just something that needs to be added in content here and there.  I'm not sure.  I'm no graphic designer.. lol

I'm really liking the idea of a forum.  The people developing stuff need their own little area to chit chat as well as other good uses.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:47:18 PM

That block explorer is amazing.

Thank you for doing so much hard work killsig.

kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:16:29 PM

That block explorer is amazing.

Thank you for doing so much hard work killsig.

That block explorer is incredible. killsig you are the man! We are going to have the best block explorer out there. THC is really turning out to be a great coin.
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:31:23 PM

Hi guys,

Looking good!  It's simple (not flashy) yet up-to-date.  I like the earthy colors.  I do think it needs some more images.  It does look a liiiitle dry.  Even a thin header image on each page or something.  I'm not sure what to do exactly, I just get the feeling that it is a little tooo simple.  I know a major problem I find is a "hemp image" isn't exactly easy to come up with. pot images, sure... hemp... not so much.

Joomla will be easy to work with as well, and easy to allow other people to be contributors if the site becomes large.  Do you use "admin tools" for joomla?  It has a web application firewall to keep joomla more secure, might want it for a crypto site to keep the hackers out if the site gets popular.

I agree, the community and investors should know there is professionals working on projects!  I guess they will see this as they see the new projects come online.  They will either be professional or they won't so everyone has to keep up the great work!  Smiley  Talk is cheap so we have to prove ourselves!  

My background: I've been programming and doing web development professionally since before I got out of highschool....first web development job was in 96, then grad'd in 98 and that's all I've done since so I have a few years under my belt.  (it feels like too many.. lol)

If I looked at the hours I have into the block explorer and the hours I have left to get it online in a full beta form then working out any bugs, I'm thinking our firm would quote in the ballpark of $40-$50k.  That homepage screenshot I posted would have cost someone the better part of $20k..  :s

Thanks for the feedback. I will add some images to make it nicer. How do you feel about subtle animations? like fade in, small grow, etc.?
I haven't set up much security for the site yet, but I will look into the admin tools. Thanks for the tip. You're right, since we're in the crypto business I will take extra precaution to lock down the site.

I'm really excited about your block explorer. These type of things will take us to the next level. Keep up the great work everyone Smiley

Also, thanks for your background info. I would like to put a bit about all the developers on the website so if everyone could provide some information (maybe just a few sentences and only what you are confortable sharing) about their background. Experience, degrees/diplomas, specialty skills, etc. would be great. Anything that will look impressive.

I have been programming since I was in grade 5 lol (when we first got dial-up internet!). I started with HTML and moved into javascript and other web languages as a self taught developer. I then got a degree and advanced diploma of technology which took up 6 years of my life. I have been working in software development for 5 years. My skills are programming, database management, data analysis, graphic design, web marketing/advertising and GIS (geographic information systems). I specialize in mapping applications so if anyone has an idea there let me know.
blakeaholics

Activity: 312

Graphic Designer & Programmer

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 09:00:34 PM

Don't have time for a big write up but kryptologist feel free to use any of the writing from my site. I will still be updating the writing. As for a CMS I was going to integrate on later on for news and quick links but figured basic HTML is fine for now. I have no plans to be writing news updates on the regular.
aws

Activity: 219

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:10:29 PM

Don't have time for a big write up but kryptologist feel free to use any of the writing from my site. I will still be updating the writing. As for a CMS I was going to integrate on later on for news and quick links but figured basic HTML is fine for now. I have no plans to be writing news updates on the regular.

it came to my attention that a few of us on here are from Vancouver BC
what do you guys think about monthly meet-ups?

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 242 »
  Print  

Jump to: