Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:36:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 242 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THC] The Hempcoin (THC)  (Read 388969 times)
blakeaholics

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

Graphic Designer & Programmer

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 04:39:18 AM

1.6 looks great (I know it doesn't work), but I definitely should tweak a few things. I'm not a fan of my baggies, or the background anymore.
@Dev: Give me a day to prep a new image or two.

New coin images, maybe we should use the currency symbol one since some people thought the other was too busy.

Also:

We should try to vote THC onto a few exchanges. Here's a few that accept voting, I've submitted us to a few of them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
killsig

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:20:12 PM

1.6 looks great (I know it doesn't work), but I definitely should tweak a few things. I'm not a fan of my baggies, or the background anymore.
@Dev: Give me a day to prep a new image or two.

New coin images, maybe we should use the currency symbol one since some people thought the other was too busy.

Also:

We should try to vote THC onto a few exchanges. Here's a few that accept voting, I've submitted us to a few of them.

I like the idea of moving away from the pot leaf.. To me, the pot leaf symbolizes POT, not HEMP which I'm sure it does to most people.  Not that I can't agree that both really mean cannabis but it may turn many people off of hempcoin just seeing the leaf..   

One thought I had was the "HC" over the coin that has the things in the background.  So the idea would be to remove the leaf from coin 2 and pop the hc on top.  Just a thought though. I like what you have come up with and my focus in life has never been graphic design.  Smiley
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:33:29 PM

Sorry folks that 1.6 was not working correctly.  We are scraping the 1.6 and reverting to the 1.5. If you are soloing you will need to be on the 1.5 wallet only. We decided to address many changes including a new revamped code which is 2 days old.

We intend to give coin control, wallet messaging, checkpointing and a few other things. Give us a few days and this will be EPIC.

The 1.5 wallet is entirely fine. We were simply trying to add check pointing to the wallet.

Thanks for your patience!

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:40:26 PM

my vote  Smiley

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
killsig

Activity: 228

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:45:50 PM

The block explorer is getting closer.

To get a beta version out I need to add all transactions for an address to the bottom of the address balance page and then make a page to show detailed info for transactions (which I have code for from the block details page).  Then maybe setup some basic error trapping for items like no connection to the wallet or db..

Here's a couple points of interest I need to learn more about and overcome ..

- Some addresses show a negative balance:  Addresses don't technically have balances but you can come up with a pseudo-balance by subtracting sent outputs from received outputs. I believe there are circumstances where a btc address can show negative as well, more learning required. Smiley

- Orphaned blocks: Right now the explorer doesn't know if a block has been orphaned or not.  So I need to first learn a couple items about orphans and then implement a method which double checks the newest blocks to be sure they are part of the main chain and haven't been orphaned.  This may require adding a "block tree" to the database which I've seen in other block parsers.

I'm going to open up a small public api on the block explorer.  Users can use it to get quick info like market cap, prices, money supply, current diff and all that without needing to run a wallet on their server.  If there is any specific feature someone may want for this, please let me know.  It will most likely start off simple and get more complex with time.

It would be nice if bittrex put the wallet back online.......

On another note.. It sure does feel like summer in BC now!  I love the nice weather but it makes me want to die in my office where the rigs make it feel more like hell than summer.  My AC unit doesn't fit in my window so I'll have to get creative.. lol
binarygangster

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:52:34 PM

The block explorer is getting closer.

To get a beta version out I need to add all transactions for an address to the bottom of the address balance page and then make a page to show detailed info for transactions (which I have code for from the block details page).  Then maybe setup some basic error trapping for items like no connection to the wallet or db..

Here's a couple points of interest I need to learn more about and overcome ..

- Some addresses show a negative balance:  Addresses don't technically have balances but you can come up with a pseudo-balance by subtracting sent outputs from received outputs. I believe there are circumstances where a btc address can show negative as well, more learning required. Smiley

- Orphaned blocks: Right now the explorer doesn't know if a block has been orphaned or not.  So I need to first learn a couple items about orphans and then implement a method which double checks the newest blocks to be sure they are part of the main chain and haven't been orphaned.  This may require adding a "block tree" to the database which I've seen in other block parsers.

I'm going to open up a small public api on the block explorer.  Users can use it to get quick info like market cap, prices, money supply, current diff and all that without needing to run a wallet on their server.  If there is any specific feature someone may want for this, please let me know.  It will most likely start off simple and get more complex with time.

It would be nice if bittrex put the wallet back online.......

On another note.. It sure does feel like summer in BC now!  I love the nice weather but it makes me want to die in my office where the rigs make it feel more like hell than summer.  My AC unit doesn't fit in my window so I'll have to get creative.. lol

I'm interested in getting involved in a project to help hempcoin. I mean, I don't have the answers to your problems or anything but I can help find and create solutions.

That is unless there's something else that needs to be done.

Also, For me, outside is 120 degrees. Inside, it's the winner between my hardware and my a/c, so basically hell.

*An idea as far as voting/exchanges are concerned...

Seems to me we are doing it all wrong. It seems silly to expect a subset of community entirely devoid of an attention span to have any affect on the results of exchange voting considering this coin was released roughly 16 weeks ago. Sure, there's been plenty of votes throughout those 16 weeks but after a few weeks even I said screw it. Why don't we set up a date a few weeks in advance and advertise it as the day to start voting at every opportunity for each exchange. Put a link in the wallet, websites, all social media etc... Worst case scenario, we get x number of people paying attention to THC at the same time. Otherwise we gotta rely on persistence and effort which sounds like the exact opposite level of laziness and disregard in which i'd like to achieve.

Though, given the huge in increase in activity and interest over this last month, we might even be able to let nature take it's course. People are starting to realize it's not too late to get in early.
blakeaholics

Activity: 312

Graphic Designer & Programmer

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 09:27:20 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 11:32:26 PM by blakeaholics

One thought I had was the "HC" over the coin that has the things in the background.  So the idea would be to remove the leaf from coin 2 and pop the hc on top.  Just a thought though. I like what you have come up with and my focus in life has never been graphic design.  Smiley
I'd always been hesitant to use it, I hate seeing cannabis leaves on apparel or anything in real life, but couldn't decide on something better. I agree, lose the pot leaf. I'll upload a merged one when I'm home. Also it's meant to be like THC, which is why one leg is longer but either way HC or THC works.

On another note.. It sure does feel like summer in BC now!  I love the nice weather but it makes me want to die in my office where the rigs make it feel more like hell than summer.  My AC unit doesn't fit in my window so I'll have to get creative.. lol
Excellent work killsig! I'm very excited to see it live.
Also fuck you, I don't have AC Sad Luckily I'm north facing and covered by trees.

Also, also, "+/u/hemphandout 100 THC" might just mean something soon here Smiley

Edit:
jmsr1978

Activity: 355

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 04:01:22 PM

Hi, when will be Bittrex online again? Was looking there and is still inactive...

Video editor and graphic designer in love with Cryptocoins!!!
89keys

Activity: 155

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:40:52 PM

you want news from bittrex?

We are actively working with the devs on this.... If anyone is every looking for information from us, you can always find us in #bittrex in freenode and will answer what we can.

And yes, it was about a days worth, and we had 843 deposits that got unconfirmed.  Will work it all out once the dev finalizes on his plans.  We still have the market disabled.  If this isn't resolved shortly, we will likely cancel all orders just so we don't continue to lock up peoples BTC.  I apologize for this inconvenience.

thanks,
richie@bittrex
Minted

Activity: 147

DopeCoin! My Green Goddess!

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:00:37 PM

Just a few thoughts from a marketing perspective..
The leaf I think is quite important. We need to look at our target audience.
I would say they are mainly liberal people who "might" have smoked pot previously but are definitely not staunch conservative types who might be turned off by any idea out of the norm. The leaf is the hemp leaf primarily and we need to invite them to the fact that there is so much more to the leaf than just smokable material. Hiding ourselves from this fact would be so much more detrimental in the long run.
Many mainstream hemp businesses use the leaf in their advertising and I am sure if it was a problem then that would not be the case. After all they will have done the market research and concluded its presence is justified.
Perhaps we could get more of an idea from our community before just ridding ourselves of the leaf from our coin.
I do like the leaf on apparel and wear it with pride on my hemp t-shirts, albeit not emblazoned across the front Bob Marley style. It gives me pride and is also commented on by a few which sparks conversation into the subject. Yes interest is what we are after
And yes I do like the above designs, well done.

>>>>The future is bright! The future is DOPE!<<<<
>>>>>>>>DopeCoin!     Enough said!<<<<<<<<
bocyaj

Activity: 1324
Merit: 302

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:30:18 PM

Just a few thoughts from a marketing perspective..
The leaf I think is quite important. We need to look at our target audience.
I would say they are mainly liberal people who "might" have smoked pot previously but are definitely not staunch conservative types who might be turned off by any idea out of the norm. The leaf is the hemp leaf primarily and we need to invite them to the fact that there is so much more to the leaf than just smokable material. Hiding ourselves from this fact would be so much more detrimental in the long run.
Many mainstream hemp businesses use the leaf in their advertising and I am sure if it was a problem then that would not be the case. After all they will have done the market research and concluded its presence is justified.
Perhaps we could get more of an idea from our community before just ridding ourselves of the leaf from our coin.
I do like the leaf on apparel and wear it with pride on my hemp t-shirts, albeit not emblazoned across the front Bob Marley style. It gives me pride and is also commented on by a few which sparks conversation into the subject. Yes interest is what we are after
And yes I do like the above designs, well done.

I sse what your saying and would have to agree with you.  Maybe if we met half way.... I also really like the latest logo, but what if we were to have the leaf in the background behind the logo somehow... ?  jsut so the leaf is there to show we are proud of it, but just so its not the first thing you see when you look at the logo.  I am not a graphic designer here at all, just throwing out an idea.

I also had another idea recently about a way to get the hempcoin name out there.  With the fluctuating price in hemp and the relatively low interest/volume in the coin/market, I would see it as being very hard to get any companies/websites to accept hempcoin as payment.  And really, with any of the altcoins out there that is accepted somewhere.... is it really being used as payment, or just an option that never gets used.  I could be wrong, but I dont think much product is being sold for altcoins.

I thought of another way to approach companies/websites and give them a risk free way to get their feet wet in the crypto world.

If we were to contact a few well known hemp oriented companies and offer them free advertising on our site/thread, they may want to find out more.... what we could do is advertise their products on the hempcoin page which would include a promotion code.  If you purchase something at the site and use the promo code, you get some free hempcoins....  the purchases would get an email or something with instructions on how to get the coins... this is where the html5 wallet is awesome!!! anyone can create an account and claim their free coins.  Don't need to know anything about cryptos at all, just sign up and claim free coins.

I think this might work well as it would help bring newcomers into the crypto world (newcomers that would fit right into our target market I might add).  This would also be as a first step for the hemp companies to start thinking about the possibility of using hempcoin as a future method of payment.

any thoughts ? positive/negative are both welcome.  Ima big boy, I can take it.

GO HEMP GO !!

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Minted

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:19:40 PM

Great idea!
Yes and there are quite a few hemp companies out there. Have we funds available to give away? I'm a marketing man so don't know the ins and outs of wallets but we have a head start over a lot of other coins as our coin bears the name and is concerned in the target product.
A company I buy from http://thtc.co.uk/ is a forward thinking company with quite an alternative customer base. Hey they might even be able to design and sell Hempcoin t-shirts. I am a bit busy this week but if we can expand this idea further I will formulate a letter encapsulating the idea to them.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:24:03 PM

Great idea!
Yes and there are quite a few hemp companies out there. Have we funds available to give away? I'm a marketing man so don't know the ins and outs of wallets but we have a head start over a lot of other coins as our coin bears the name and is concerned in the target product.
A company I buy from http://thtc.co.uk/ is a forward thinking company with quite an alternative customer base. Hey they might even be able to design and sell Hempcoin t-shirts. I am a bit busy this week but if we can expand this idea further I will formulate a letter encapsulating the idea to them.

I made a nice sac of BTC off of investing in a different alt coin so I could donate 0.05 BTC and 20,000 THC to anyone who wants to try and do some marketing with the funds.

Minted

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:27:05 PM

Having a look at their, thtc, twitter feed its World Hemp Congress week in Slovenia 23rd-28th Aug  http://www.world-hemp-congress.com/ Anyone live over there who could attend?

Perhaps give out paper wallets containing coins gratefully donated by fartbags ^^ and I am sure others. Even if we could get them presented on a stall of businesses attending. A great chance to promote Hempcoin!

bocyaj

Activity: 1324
Merit: 302

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:37:51 PM

Great idea!

I made a nice sac of BTC off of investing in a different alt coin so I could donate 0.05 BTC and 20,000 THC to anyone who wants to try and do some marketing with the funds.

I will also donate some coins as I have been mining a lot of them lately ( also because I don't really have the time nor skillset to help out any other way :-). 

I would match all donations up to a max of 100,000 THC.... if there is a lot of interest from the community, I might just increase my max donation.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:03:48 PM

I just bought THC to record high level for fun:

https://www.europex.eu/#!coin/btc/thc

Hempcoin is now worth 222 satoshi.

HempCoin (OP)

Activity: 179

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 09:04:33 PM

We were thinking on the marketing lines of weedmaps.com. Getting them to set up taking THC and actually backing it in paypal. So if they took in 100,000 we backint is at a guarenteed similar bittrex value in paypal instantly. We would back this ourselves if you could get someone to take it.

The ones who are in for taking coin are listed on POT website as merchants.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:21:08 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 09:45:16 PM by fartbags

Here is an idea to promote hempcoin if anyone has the skill set to do this:

Idea: Sell hempcoin through paypal on an ecommerce site. (also sell hempcoins on ebay/amazon until you get caught. Does ebay/amazon ban cryptocoin sales?)

drupal commerce is my favorite and I think it is most simple to set up and to accept payments with paypal.

Buy hempcoin on bittrex or europex and sell them at a 10% to 20% profit. Whether bittrex price goes up or down, you sites price doesn't. You make 10% to 20%. You enter the item into the cart at that price and leave it there unless the price goes up a lot then increase the price. Manually send them out after payment is received. Just small batches of like 1,000 coins to 10,000 coins. How they get the coins may be a bit difficult for them to understand.

It would help get non technical people in on the coin. These people could really help by word of mouth.

In the future you could then expand to become the most trusted hempcoin trader/escrow.

compmaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:23:41 PM

I just bought THC to record high level for fun:

https://www.europex.eu/#!coin/btc/thc

Hempcoin is now worth 222 satoshi.

I would never sell you mine for 222!
compmaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:20:58 PM

I met snoop dogg the other day and ask him his thoughts on hempcoin. He said people need to

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 242 »
  Print  

Jump to: