Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:47:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO WE NEED TO REGULATE ICOs?  (Read 24704 times)
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:52:02 PM

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.
Yes we need them to be regulated. All of ICO around us seem to be a scam project and no one right now will hessitate to invest because they know that it is a trash for their portfolio once it hit on exchange. Maybe, when SEC regulates all of the existing ICO, all of investors will return their enthussiasm to invest and buy coins in ICO.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 10:53:37 PM

ICO is one type of crowdfunding, thus it must be regulated to give investors a full knowledge of what they're entering to. I even like the proposal that ICO team should be required to submit a copy of their passport to avoid scammers. This is just one of the many parts of regulating ICOs. The purpose of regulation is clear, to avoid scammers and weak projects.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Flezy

Activity: 707
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:55:49 PM

I think by regulating ICOs it will go a long way to ensure investors aren't investing in scam projects.  ICOs can be seen as the new face of crowdfunding thus there is need to nurture and groom it so as to serve the true purpose.
Agapelove

Activity: 425
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:59:51 PM

ICO regulation might be the best thing to do to bring back the again the trust investors once given to ICOs. The importance of ICOs in this cryptocurrency space is huge. It plays a major role in producing great applications of the cryptocurrency. This is the reason why I want it to be regulated.
Furious 7

Activity: 2856
Merit: 641

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:08:23 PM

This year, investor confidence inico declined due to various factors, the decline in eth and bitcoin prices was the main factor.
ICO products are not going well to be another factor. I think the ico regulation is needed to prevent ico scam.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:20:52 PM

Regulations for ICOs are needed but I would not like it to be a centralized over regulated market.
Some kind of self regulations  would be preferable. Regulations are needed as many investors are
not confident to invest as too much scam ICOs are in the space.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Korkorjkk

Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 11:21:05 PM

I think there should be rules governing ICO's. It is high time,  the cheating and scamming ends,  people invest huge sums of money in ICOs and they end up being duped.  With regulations to punish wrong doers,  I think ICO's will become better.

CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:46:42 PM

Regulations for ICOs are needed but I would not like it to be a centralized over regulated market.
Some kind of self regulations  would be preferable. Regulations are needed as many investors are
The crypto will become centralized, we need regulate ico but remember this should be to create a big wall to protect the investors and it's not about give all of control over the icos to the institutional. we need self regulation and this sounds to be the best solution.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 01:43:57 AM

The crypto will become centralized, we need regulate ico but remember this should be to create a big wall to protect the investors and it's not about give all of control over the icos to the institutional. we need self regulation and this sounds to be the best solution.

I think regulatin ICO doesnt mean its make cryptocurrency centralized. Its just regulation to avoid from scam ICOs. 2018 is bad year for ICOs investor because many ICOs are scam and i think its give negative perspective for others people. I am believe regulation will eliminate scam ICOs and gain trust for investor

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 01:54:00 AM

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.

And Also, there is an increasing number of failing ICOS and considered to be SCAM ICOS, we need regulations that will surely inspect and test the ICO first before it will be on the market so many will benefit to it.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 04:52:51 AM

Any self-regulation of ICO projects will not have the desired effect. Fraudsters will always ignore any established rules. Therefore, there is only one way out of this situation - government regulation of ICO activities. Of course, such regulation should not be complete, but it is necessary and possible to establish a specific procedure for conducting an ICO in order to fully identify each member of the ICO team and create such conditions to protect the rights of investors and other ICO campaigners. Very good and can be too tough with respect to the ICO team prepared such rules in Russia. With their introduction, fraudsters will have virtually no chance of so massively deceiving investors. Similar rules are being prepared by Japan, France, Germany, Australia and I am sure that there are many other states. Therefore, the establishment of order in the activities of the ICO will be soon.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:18:00 AM

This maybe an unpopular answer but I don't agree that ICO's need to be regulated. No one is forced to participate in ICO's. It is purely voluntary. You participate because you think you will make money. If you got scammed it is largely down to your greed overcoming your caution. You should have done a better job checking out the project you invested in. The best thing about ICO's is that anyone with a good idea can easily connect with people that might want to invest in it. I would not want regulations getting in the way of that. Let the market find solutions for better information to make investment decisions.

globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:21:42 AM

If regulation of ICO would control the increasing fraud in the cryptospace then I think it will be worth trying. But I don't think that centralized regulations will be the best for this space. I think enforcement of decentralised autonomous organization model for all ICO projects will go a long way in checking fraud.
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 05:25:52 AM

with the following terms of absence that we should work with out projects on ico scheme to gains of supports on funding with our reference of service for pupils of indonesia
that the name of service set with the domain of DOGEM.ID to offers tasks on online social dating
as rejecting ideas on foreign abroad distro with the non culture friendly customs as the delivery of offers for pupils of indonesia.
the service will be managed by caressen webworks of software development company from bandung of indonesia
as viva chesster plays of role as the hacker and coo for the company since 2011
supports us for investors from indonesia we needs of female investors with minimum investment spins of $1000 to gains total of $40000 to begins with the initiation of terms on early stages development.

vixcious

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:33:40 AM

I think the ICO should be expelled from the market. STO should be trusted and used in many developing projects. It has many functions and rules to help preserve the investor's money. STO is a new solution for the crypto industry.

Callanta787

Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 05:35:06 AM

Lack of regulation is one of the major problem facing ICOs ,imagine if regulation come in place its scammers goodbye entirely but lately I'm looking forward to STO rather than ICO ,I'm feeling it will be the better for the best so ICO might be extinct in the near future

Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:41:41 AM

Of course need to regulate.
Every scam ico stole fund not only from investors, and also from crypto files in common.
This breaks developing

warcarft3

Activity: 415

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:28:18 AM

I don't know if the government is willing to supervise the ICO. This is very beneficial to the cryptocurrency market. This is equivalent to the government's recognition of the cryptocurrency market. Perhaps Japan, South Korea will oversee ICO, and regulation can protect ICO investors.

Deallove9
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:31:09 AM

ICO reguire more than regulation as they are now security and not a decentralized token and only coin that didn't raise money through ICO are not security and can't be regulate but on the issue of rate of scam ICO and to prevent investor from always been scam , we need a very good and strict law to guide any ICO regard crypto in every region and countries that such ICO will come out from .
boty

Activity: 1162
Merit: 208

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:33:47 AM

ICO requires clear regulations because they develop projects through funds collected from investors so that there must be clear regulations so that the ICO does not carry away the money of investors.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: