Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:25:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO WE NEED TO REGULATE ICOs?  (Read 24704 times)
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:47:46 PM

I believe that you need to take some action to combat fraudsters. And regulation can be used as one of such methods. However, everything must be clearly thought out, and most importantly used in real conditions.

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 08:50:23 PM

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.
I also say yes. The time has come for us to have a regulating body for ICOs. The cryptocurrency ICO is gradually falling apart. It is no longer excited as it used to be. It is now coupled with so much frauds and scams.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
braves182

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 08:54:42 PM

The first thing to do is to introduce a rule of mandatory public verification of team members and advisors. And it would be nice if the funds collected during the ICO were held by the guarantor or guarantors and given in parts upon reaching the points of the roadmap.

█▀▄ ▀ ▄▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄ █░█
THE MOST ADVANCED AND SAFE CRYPTOCURRENCY █▀█ █ ░▀▄ ░█░ █░█ ▄▀▄WHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOKTELEGRAMONEPAGER
EXCHANGE IN THE WORLD ▀▀░ ▀ ▀▀░ ░▀░ ░▀░ ▀░▀⬡the B I S T O X exchange⬡
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:19:01 PM

I think the regulations is necessary for an ICO's because a lot of scammers. We must remember that the traditional law system and regulators are imperfect.
is b
Their are regulations that is being set it is because in bitcoin their are a lot of scammers nor even not true to their self. In ICO's it is very positive enough to comply what is in need and every project their will be result for positive too. For me it is in need to regulate the ICO for the good of everybody.
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:22:52 PM

Need wouldn't have been for all these. However, wit the emergence of fraudulent ideal icos and all sorts, needs are arising on a daily basis for a regulatory scheme to put things under check and in order...
Avenger907

Activity: 406
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:23:38 PM

I think that regulation for ICO is necessary, but the most important thing is that the truth would allow young teams to do their projects. I am afraid that the regulation may kill promising projects.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:26:02 PM

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.

I don't know how that  concept of masternodes to run a decentralized ICO regulating body works but we really need to have one to eliminate these scam sites these rating sites are not helping us, in fact they are helping those frauds to collect money, because they themselves are also generating money from their false rating.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:28:37 PM

We need to use Fabian Vogelsteller's proposal the "reversible ICO" or RICO, that would allow token investors to take back their funds at any stage in that project’s lifespan. This will protects ICO investors from the dump after the exchanges listing.
kvipcn

Activity: 255
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 12:10:55 AM

I definitely agree with you. Looking at the current trend with regards to ICOs, most of them have similar target and operations in mind with the aim of improving upon how a particular activity operates. This is one of the reason why people spreading negative speculations about the crypto space.
Ellionise

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:49:32 PM

Of course, a lot of scams here with projects and something good is very difficult to find , I think you need to very much inspect and regulate the ico, so that beginners do not fall for the tricks of scammers

VECAP ▬ next generation of smart home
https://vecap.io/
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:02:14 PM

The only situation that can really lead you and your interests to start all the same and be for the regulation of interests to continue, I think it would be better to start the process of regulation
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:22:58 PM

Sincerely speaking, with the way this are going I think regulations will be a better option for ICOs, that will reduce some level of scam and will build many trust back to the cryptocurrency business.
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 03:47:36 PM

Sincerely speaking, with the way this are going I think regulations will be a better option for ICOs, that will reduce some level of scam and will build many trust back to the cryptocurrency business.
The whole world of investors hopes for this, but unfortunately this risk and risks can really be justified only if you can really invest your money. This must be understood and taken into account.
syarifbitcoinishack

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 03:56:55 PM

Although regulators can reduce the number of scam projects but there is no guarantee that investors will get profits after their tokens are listed on the exchange. So in my opinion, what we really need now is not only regulators but also investment insurance platform that can cover the losses of ICO investors.
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:04:42 PM

I have been an ardent supporter of the idea that the crypto industry needs an introduction of a top level regulatory body not just ICOs. These regulations must be implemented at all levels from a project conception, the roadmap and its product down to development. Enough of all the redundant and half baked projects loitering the entire crypto ecosystem. If a project doesn't fulfill set standards, it has to be shutdown.! Also, exchanges should put in place tougher listing conditions to ensure every Tom, Dick and Harry kinds of projects don't find their way to the exchanges. If regulation is put in place, it will to a greater extent cut down the enormous scams in this industry and put a stop to half the issues currently bedeviling the entire crypto space.
magnat7691

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:07:15 PM

It looks like the ICO has reached a level where investors have completely lost interest in investing. It is possible that the regulation will not be needed in the coming months.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:22:35 PM

They are already regulating it, whether you say yes or not they will regulate ICO anyway.  I don't feel like they are actually regulated though. The only that is being different about these days is that participants are required to pass IDs for KYC even the bounty participants. I do think this is just the start, nowadays most projects are about exchanges which is worth regulating too.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
paulk11087

Activity: 987
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 04:25:52 PM

I think that the existence of many icons should definitely be terminated with regulation. so many scam projects that they do not create anything other than pollution, frankly. I think it should be limited in some way with minor criteria.
zerrtty

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:26:03 PM

Investors no longer want to invest in projects in an environment where their interests are not legally protected. This situation encourages the use of fraudulent schemes. Regulators will be able to create conditions under which projects will be checked before the start of their ICO. Perhaps even from the projects will require some kind of guarantee.

irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:27:43 PM

I believe that if we want the ICOs to be mainstream, we have to see the regulations as something necessary, many people move away from this field of investment because of the insecurity they have entering this field, not only is it necessary to fight against volatility also against the fraudsters, maybe it's too much.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: