Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:02:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO WE NEED TO REGULATE ICOs?  (Read 24704 times)
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 08:28:50 AM

I agree with you, the ICO needs regulation. I believe that in order for the cryptocurrency market to become attractive to investors and funds, it needs to be regulated. ICO regulation will make investing safe and will help to get rid of scams and bad projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minus_one_crypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 09:09:36 AM

I think that the regulation of ICO will be harmful. It seems to me that this will be an obstacle for many people to participate in such investments.

sircy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 09:14:59 AM

ICO is used by many fraudsters to find investor money. So far, many people have been victims of fraud on behalf of the ICO project. Regulations are urgently needed and must form a Team that has the task of regulating ICO. This team will greatly help many bounty hunters and investors.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
TomiJerry

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 12:47:16 PM

The adoption of a regulatory body for ICO at a state or private level will relieve a number of difficulties and problems for all who are actively working in this environment. There is no doubt that even a significant tax can not be compared with the huge losses in the participation of fraudulent ICO
Svarora
Copper Member

Activity: 378
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 01:12:09 PM

Yes definately we have to regularize this market. Because it will control the scammers and manipulative activity and it will sadeguard the interest of investor as well. By regulation a small investor with limited fund feel secured and get attracted towards this market which is very essential for crypto industry to grow at mass level.

Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 01:14:35 PM

If we consider 95% ICO failed to reach softcaps, and less than 1% reached hardcap, of course this is sad, many scam projects make it possible for anyone to have the opportunity to make coins and be used to cheat, the presence of regulations is needed now.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 01:54:38 PM

I agree with you, the ICO needs regulation. I believe that in order for the cryptocurrency market to become attractive to investors and funds, it needs to be regulated. ICO regulation will make investing safe and will help to get rid of scams and bad projects.
Will we be able to get a better result by changing crypto's own nature? I think no. The regulations will be caused them turn into a less active and restrictive sector like the others.
NEERAJ ANAND

Activity: 686
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:40:34 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2019, 06:03:23 AM by NEERAJ ANAND

Regulation is required to know because many ICO's collect money from investors and escape. If ICO's market will be regulated than these type of scams never happen because of everyone bound by the rules.
slashz9

Activity: 1554

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:58:39 PM

well i think people not just utilize crypto technology they also use that for take profit.
that why so many ico has a similar roadmap, because they dont care about the project, just make the view looking good.
then collect fund as much as they can.
Aligab166

Activity: 194
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:26:59 PM

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.
Yes sure. We need regulated ICOs to stop us from this menacing exploits from ICOs who are only interested in stealing from us without a good project in place.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
beeelzebub

Activity: 602

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 04:27:47 PM

It seems IEO's brought some kind of a regulation to ICO's.

Not really a regulation but still, it is not like wild wild West back than with exchanges as a middlemen.

JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:33:59 PM

Regulation is necessary, but you understand that it can be regulation not SEC, it can be regulation by the community, today there are such self-regulated communities, so I think that everything can be done very successfully.
Fedots83

Merit: 103

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 03:44:04 PM

Without a doubt, effective ICO regulatory principles are really needed today. Indeed, today, unfortunately, there is a very large number of scammers and failed projects. This situation leads to a loss of money among investors, they lose confidence in the crypto market.
jumiapaul
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:03:41 PM

I'm in full support of the idea of regulation of ICO's. The truth is that most investors have lost confidence in ICO and that explains why many projects don't meet their soft cap. The prevalence of scam projects have made even the legit ones to find it difficult to execute their projects with the support of investors. In my opinion, some extent of regulation will bring sanity to the cryptocurrency space.
Westfiled

Activity: 271
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:05:31 PM

well i think people not just utilize crypto technology they also use that for take profit.
that why so many ico has a similar roadmap, because they dont care about the project, just make the view looking good.
then collect fund as much as they can.
Some icos may have different or unique ideas compared with another ico but look at how so many major are plagiarized ethereum and its idea. But speculators are having an important role in the crypto ico business because they are short term player dude.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
FastSlots

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:12:31 PM

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.
I agree with you. There must be a standard law for ICO projects, to limit fraud projects. And there must be an advisory board to support the ICO, so that potential ICOs have enough resources to develop the project.
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:13:55 PM

The scope of the ICO really needs reasonable regulation in order to protect investors from unscrupulous companies and all sorts of scammers. This is in "reasonable". Without proper regulation, the risk of losing investment is high. After the legislative base is established, the number of ICOs will decrease, but their quality will increase significantly.
Wale777

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:16:21 PM

Absolutely yes, we do need ICO regulation and I recommend centralized regulation to curb all form of scams in the Crypto space, there should be standard for every icos which will foster quality valuable ICO. Some icos do whatever that suits them and the investors and bounty hunters are at the receiving end of their both actions and inactions
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:24:44 PM

With recent events regarding crowdfunding especially ieos
Ico really need to step up to stand a chance of survival

If there will be regulations of icos,
Who will regulate it ?
Who will be behind the regulations ??
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:30:26 PM

With the sound of it should not be but with the current state of the market, it should be. Scam ICOs all around. Almost all ICOs are made by people who really have the intention of scamming people. Why did I say this? Basically, anyone could able to start their own ICOs, this is a fact with just a couple of dollars and you'll have your own team and your own whitepaper stating about your coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: