Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:35:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO WE NEED TO REGULATE ICOs?  (Read 24704 times)
Ximoandali

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:31:00 PM

If you look at 2017 and 18 years and see how many scams I would agree that we need regulators to the creators were responsible for their projects !

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AndRE177

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:59:02 PM

In the crypto market in recent times there are a lot of scammers. Most of them create their own ICO and deceive people who invest in them. I think that legislative regulation of ICO will reduce the number of scammers in this area.

ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 02:10:21 PM

I think it is very necessary to supervise the ICO project so that the scam can be eliminated. For most scam projects, they don't need to publish information about team members or directly falsify.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
anggle

Activity: 377
Merit: 1

"AMANPURI●ultimate exchange"

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 02:29:07 PM

Regulation for ICO is very much needed and there must be an Agency that has the task of checking. With the existence of the Agency, it is certain that fake ICOs and people who will commit fraud can be lost. And everyone will find it easier to invest so that they can provide big profits.

┈┈┈┈┈ AMANPURI ❘ ultimate exchange ┈┈┈┈┈
● High Leverage ● Asset Protection ●
┈┈┈┈┈ https://amanpuri.io/tokensale ┈┈┈┈┈
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 03:22:32 PM

Yes, We need regulations for ICO's because this way scam ICO's can not come to the market as they have to follow the rules and it is not possible to any ICO to scam people and only genuine ICO's will come to this market.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
DominickA86

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:38:42 PM

There is no other way to protect the market from different scammers, because it is getting very strange with so much scam projects. People do not want to take part in ICOs and the main reason are the fraud projects.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 07:18:52 AM

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.
We definitely need to regulate the activities of ICO, but first of all in order to get rid of fraud and protect the rights of investors, to establish clear rights and obligations of participants in these relations. However, the activity of the ICO should not be regulated in terms of whether a certain ICO should or should not be carried out. Any ICO should have a right to exist and only investors and the cryptocurrency market can give them a proper valuation. The regulator should not intervene in the question of the appropriateness of certain types of ICOs.
memecoin

Activity: 308

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 07:27:09 AM

Can you say clearer? I feel you want to mention a project. If so, share with everyone to discuss.

I find it different from you that those people are talking to each other just about what the newcomers usually do and somehow have to do that, they want to cross the line to keep real and fake, they want to do it with a difference, I see they are intentionally.  Grin

Am I spamming? Report me!
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 05:36:50 PM

I have seen many promising projects that have focused on this task. There are many developers who have already expressed their ideas. need a project on the blockchain that can keep statistics.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 05:46:04 PM

I think that some sort of regulation is essential, like doing public KYC for team members and making some machanism that can automatically fund back money to investors if project reveals a scam... smart contracts can do this....it's just a matter of time I think...
Felipeo

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 06:36:01 PM

I think at this moment some basec regulation is really needed at least for icos. Cause in last year we saw massive amount of scam and failed project due to lack of devlopment which is not good for this ecosystem. So some basic regulation from government like before publishing ico a review of team is needed, kyc of investors as long as team, proof of funds. And if government regulate is maybe this decentralized stuff will destroyed but many people who new to this ecosystem will able not to lose money.

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
leow

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 06:40:40 PM

I believe that it is necessary to regulate, given that many projects were fraudulent. However, if there are other ways beyond the rules of government, it is better. So the crypto identity, which is decentralization, can be preserved
dizzy1996

Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 07:23:02 PM

Yes, I really agree with you, ico regulation is really necessary because today there are a lot of fraudulent projects and a certain regulator is simply necessary, as there are many promising investors who believe in this area, and for the negative experience they just leave.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 07:32:30 PM

Why not .If regulation will be done well than investors can avoid pure scams
I know EU will have his licensed iCO up to 10mln euro hard cap
Second biggest German stock exchange will launch his crypto exchange to trade those ICO
Other thing will be security ico what will come mostly from USA
It is natural development ICO is very good idea but all that scams destroyed ico market and have very negative impact on all industry

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
isen

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 07:46:44 PM

We really need to regulate ICO, otherwise the ICO market will end. Look at what is happening with the ICO market now; no sane person will invest money in such a market.
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 07:52:30 PM

I totally agree with you on this. I think for cryptocurrency to really go mainstream and attract more investors, then there have to be some regulations in place to check the rate of ICOs scam and also to make cryptocurrency a more reliable market.

canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 08:00:55 PM

We need to learn from all our mistakes and dont make it happen again. Regulation is good, but the question is... who will do or assign team on that. That team will surely become rich I think, because that is a big task to do and this market built because of money and nothing but money.
lagharto

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 08:09:51 PM

Seems like a lot of people are agree with a regulation but the most of crypto enthusiasts are against the KYC/AML procedures, it is not from decentralized/free world i think. What do you guys think about this?
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 08:27:29 PM

Yes and I support this initiative and this is also to protect investors to avoid being a victim of scam projects. In 2017 about 90% of ICO's are scams and it is not good for the crypto community. And it will be a bad impression to new investors. Not only regulation will protect investors but also it validates the legitimacy of the project.
batkaMahno

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 08:31:23 PM

It seems to me that the regulation of this industry will make it better. Now, many investors are suffering heavy losses due to the fact that there are many scammers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: