Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:12:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO WE NEED TO REGULATE ICOs?  (Read 24704 times)
veekky

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:28:55 PM

I think regulation is double edged sword.
Both decisions have disadvantages, so I don't accept each of them, I don't have fixed position on this matter.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:32:45 PM

Both decisions have disadvantages, so I don't accept each of them, I don't have fixed position on this matter.
then what do you think about ico? where a lot of fraud is done is clearly very detrimental to us. clear regulations must be made, as far as I know some countries even forbid the existence of ico, but to set up a good ico for efforts to reduce fraud I think it must be done immediately.
aomakun

Activity: 1020
Merit: 253

JangaCams.com

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:39:00 PM

then what do you think about ico? where a lot of fraud is done is clearly very detrimental to us. clear regulations must be made, as far as I know some countries even forbid the existence of ico, but to set up a good ico for efforts to reduce fraud I think it must be done immediately.
if regulations are made with the aim of ensuring that the purity of the ICO should immediately be made with the aim of reducing or eliminating fraud projects. The advantage might be that many investors invest in the ICO

█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████  ████
████████████████████▀▀  ▀████
███████████████▀▀   ▄▄███████
███▀  ▀██████     ▐██████████
██     █████▌       ▀████████
██      ▀▀███    ▐█▄  ▀██████
██               ▐███▄▄  ▀███
██▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄     ▄███████ ▄  █
██████▄▄▄████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
FREE CHAT

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:11:22 PM

Why regulations are yet to come is because we are talking decentralisation, but trust me, at this point in time we really need regulations for ICOs. 2019 will see many regulations, some are forthcoming already. Too many scam ICOs and the government need to put some guiding laws.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
fathur01

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:51:56 PM

It is necessary to regulate the ICO market, since there are too many scams and too many projects that the normal project can not offer.
kisfoxs

Activity: 289
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:57:02 PM

Yes, there must be an ICO that regulates and checks so that there is no more ICO fraud. Until now there are only websites that have helped such as ICO rankings. This ICO rating is very good but there are still many projects that fail. And I think it's better in the form of a Team whose job is to check the ICO.

https://cerlos.io
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
🏠 -> Transforming The Trillion-dollar Building Materials Industry <- 🏠
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 01:57:00 AM

ICO's should be regulated to protect investors and the reputation of the cryptocurrency project. Scammers can eventually be eliminated and money laundering prevented.
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 02:02:50 AM

As of what happened to 2018 with ICO project, it should be regulated for the safety of many people.
There are so many SCAM ICO who got huge amount from different country. this is a weapon to destroy the cryptocurrency and trust of the people.
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 03:41:40 PM

Crypto is like Wild West till nowadays. Regulation has two sides of the same coin. It may kill huge profits but make investing more safe at the same time.
No, today it is far from what can now be found on the market. Wild West has already left the current situation in the cryptocurrency market. I assure you today it is more beginning to look like an ordinary scam until there is no interference of regulators
Why are you so sure that the situation on the market for ICO projects can improve only when it is regulated Huh Perhaps then, the market will not be so volatile and therefore not attractive for investors. In addition, tight control is possible not only for projects, but also for investors.
You began to notice that the regulation of investors today is already fully. So let's start regulating projects? Let's start doing so that developers begin to incur criminal liability for theft of funds. That's what I'm talking about. And it is precisely such solutions that can ultimately improve the situation with scam projects that today hinder development.
acidburn14

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 03:54:01 PM

If there would be a clear law and regulations to abide for the upcoming ICO's then it would lessen the chance of it being a scam. Nowadays, a lot of ICO's are popping out of nowhere copying the vision and mission of other ICO's, after gathering some funds then they will just vanished and took our hard earned money. I am hoping that all incoming ICO's will need to pass some sort of KYC and will do live AMA for us to be sure that we are dealing with the right person and not just the picture or video.

truongdhnh

Activity: 870
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:01:09 PM

In my opinion we need to register for ICOS campaigns because it will eliminate bad situations. Any action or campaign needs to have its rules of operation.
cryptolidus

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 09:10:29 AM

ICO markets need regulation as without them institutional investors will not enter the market
and they will remain on the sidelines. Global regulations would be preferable.

valek.bruno

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 04:29:47 PM

In my opinion we need to register for ICOS campaigns because it will eliminate bad situations. Any action or campaign needs to have its rules of operation.
As far as I understand that today the market is not so big and very weak, many projects cannot collect anything because of this. Although there are projects that have been conducting an ICO for a whole year and during that time they managed to raise a lot of money.
sumanto

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:56:20 AM

for the ico project, it seems that there must be clear regulations for the ICO because they collect money from investors participating through the ICO so that the funds collected must be clear in their use and what is certain is that regulations must be set so that nothing is not desired.
lihongjing

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 07:38:16 AM

Yes, ICO will be regulated in the future, and regulation can save ICO. Otherwise, the ICO project is about to die. Now almost no investors are willing to invest in ICO projects because there are too many scams.
valek.bruno

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 07:03:41 PM

for the ico project, it seems that there must be clear regulations for the ICO because they collect money from investors participating through the ICO so that the funds collected must be clear in their use and what is certain is that regulations must be set so that nothing is not desired.
I still think that the project developers, before starting their fees, should unequivocally confirm their identity, even if they don’t say that where they live, for their safety, but I think it would be best to have information.
Pontorez

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:40:18 AM

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.

Of course, the ICO market today needs new regulatory principles, reducing fraud and investor risk. Thanks to this, it will be possible to restore confidence among the participants and increase the total amount of investment. I really hope that such changes will occur in the coming years.
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:51:16 AM

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.

Of course, the ICO market today needs new regulatory principles, reducing fraud and investor risk. Thanks to this, it will be possible to restore confidence among the participants and increase the total amount of investment. I really hope that such changes will occur in the coming years.

that would be nice if in case there will be some sort of restrictions when running ICOs. less fraudulent projects though I can say that there will still be scammers on the move. but the big question is how and who will implement such regulations? this idea is still punch in the air though...
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:55:04 AM

Yes I think the term "STO or Security Token Offering" are the ones called regulated ICOs. And for me this is the trend next year, so check out the projects that are used for platform for STO like Ravencoin and Polymath. I think this project will rise just like Ethereum when ICOs rise.

manbota

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:58:42 AM

I am fully convinced that the ICO market has long been in need of effective regulatory principles. Unfortunately, it is difficult to come up with any real means of regulation. I very much hope that such methods will appear in the future and will restore confidence among investors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: